Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

(( ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ))

Yukimura shook his head to clear his thoughts, his throat tight, and he nearly stumbled at the scene his own mind had conjured up. There was no time to stop and think of such things, they had to make it to Satsuma.

"Sanada-sama!" One of the soldiers called, snapping Yukimura from his morbid thoughts. There were warriors blocking the path before them, dressed in Shimazu's colors. They must have been the remnants of his army.

Yukimura looked at the men before him before nodding slightly and moving forward. “Gentlemen!” He called out. “I assume you’re with the defenders of Satauma! We are an envoy of Lord Takeda, sent here from the land of Kai.” He continued on, even when the men took up arms, and said nothing. “My greetings, I am known as Sanada Genjirou Yukimura, I bear a message for your leader!”

They didn't speak, only brought up their weapons before rushing at Yukimura and his men. But before any battle was actually started, they stopped and turned tail.

“Ah, please wait a moment!” Yukimura and the remainder of his envoy quickly followed after the group of men that had just run off, following them further into the forest.
“I think there has been a misunderstanding; you’re right to be vigilant in defense of Satsuma, but we-“ He stopped and frowned softly at the rustling of the forest around them.
”I’ve just walked into a trap..”

After a moment, a young man dropped out of the trees with a giant club, rushing at Yukimura with every intention of hurling him into the dirt.

Yukimura took a step to the side, trying to avoid the young mans attack, but it was quickly followed up with another direct attack, forcing him to draw his spears. “I think there has been a mistake here; we are an envoy of Takeda- am I to assume you are the leader of this outfit?”
No response, just another attack.
“Defend yourselves, but do not harm these men if you can avoid it!” Yukimura ordered.

"Yes, sir!" The men agreed and turned to more defensive movements rather than offensive. The young man attacking Yukimura continued to push him back with his attacks, spitting out rather childish insults as he went. He locked his clubs with Yukimura's spears, grinning all the while. What an odd and brash young man.

Days had passed since Megohime had last spoken to Kojurou and she was locked away in the prisons of Osaka. For the most part she was well cared for; fed regularly, given clean clothes, and a chamber pot and a bucket of water to bathe with. However, things became more complicated when she began to go into labor, and at first she did her best to hide it, but it soon became difficult to do such a thing, and word spread to Hanbei of her labor, which meant Kojurou heard of it as well.

Kojurou wanted to be there for her, trying to remain calm but it was stressful. Neither of them knew what would happen to the child once it was born.

Megohime did everything she physically could to keep the baby from coming out of her, but the pain was overwhelming, far more worse than when she had been shot with an arrow. She refused to let the wet nurses in or anywhere near her, and tried to refuse her contractions.

Megohime was breathing heavily, sweat dripping from her brow and a pained grimace on her face. She kept the door shut with her body, shaking with effort as she fought each contraction. “I won’t give my child to that bastard Toyotomi...” She wheezed out through her teeth.

She didn’t answer them, but soon they heard her collapse, crying out in pain as she was no longer able to fight off her contractions.

“What are you standing around for?” Hanbei himself had come to check on Megohime, only to find the midwives and wet nurses standing around simply watching her. “Deliver the child. Hold her down if you must, but keep them both alive.” He ordered, stopping and watching Megohime struggle on the ground.

They nodded nervously and moved in quickly, helping Megohime and preparing to deliver the child. Kojurou was at the very end of the hall, listening as his stomach twisted into knots. He could only hope Masamune and Megohime would forgive him.

Megohime’s screams would echo down the corridor, unable to hold off her contractions any longer. Hanbei gave an exasperated sigh as he clasped his hands behind his back and moved down the hallway toward Kojurou. “Come, Katakura-kun, we have much work to do.”

"Hai..." Kojurou responded numbly and followed after him. The wet nurses were hard at work helping deliver the baby, trying to keep Megohime calm through the pain.

Kojurou heard little word about Megohime in the next day or so, only that the baby had been delivered, that it was a girl, and she was alive and healthy.

The more time passed, the more his concern for Megohime grew, he hadn’t seen or heard from her since she gave birth, and reports from Toyotomi’s men were that Masamune and his army were closing in on Osaka along with Chōsokabe and his men.

Good, he was on his way. He would be able to find Megohime and his daughter. Reports had been coming in that they would receive no help from Kai or Takeda, Akihime's allegiance to her husband taking precedence. Hanbei had given him full reign to punish her however he saw fit, but he didn't really feel like she was deserving of being punished for siding appropriately. So he merely sent troops to Kai as a mere inconvenience.

Masamune has nearly made it to Osaka, still no word from Megohime, which only cemented her capture. His thoughts were rudely interrupted when he spotted a large number of Toyotomi on the road ahead, and leading them was Hanbei himself.

Back
Top Bottom