Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

Masamune was leaning against him, smiling his usual shit eating grin as he waved to Megohime.
"Yukimura-sama!" Akihime released Megohime and rushed to her husband, tackling him to the ground in a hug, "I'm so glad to see you alive!"

Yukimura caught Akihime in his arms and fell back with a grunt, the combined weight of her- which was practically nothing- and her tessen- which weighed a lot- landing on his sore body made him wheeze a bit, but hold her close. “Tadaima..”

Megohime let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding in, hurrying over to Masamune and looking him over. “Your wound..!” She was immediatly worried again.

"Okaerinasai...!" Akihime smiled, tears falling down her dirty cheeks, "Are you wounded too badly? I didn't hurt you, did I...?"

"It just stings a little, I'm good...what about you?" Masamune asked, using her now for support, "Your arm good?"

Yukimura shook his head, only scraped and bruised, but he would live. “I’m fine- and you?”

Megohime let out a tired sigh. “Yeah, it’s fine, just sore.” She said, beyond relieved Masamune had come back. “We should still have your wound looked at.”

"I was a little careless..." She answered sheepishly, "I'm not wounded too terribly, Amaya helped me a lot...I may have bruised my ribs during the fighting, it hurts a bit to breathe.."

"Yeah, yeah, no big shit...I'll get it looked at soon." He answered dismissively.

Yukimura sat her up gently, frowning softly. “Have you had the medic team look at them to make sure it’s nothing more than a bruise?”

“Living through the battle only to have your neglected wounds take your life is foolish.” He hadn’t even realized he was using his master’s words, but they tumbled for his mouth before he could stop himself.

She looked surprised before her face lit up brighter than Yukimura's jacket, her heart burning with admiration, "Of course, you are absolutely correct, please forgive my foolishness, my husband! I was more concerned with your wellbeing, I thought...I thought maybe I could hold off my own injuries to make sure you would be ok after defeating Oda..."

Yukimura put his hands on her shoulders, offering a tired smile. “We can both get our wounds looked at.” He said, and now that the adrenaline was wearing off, he really felt his aching pains.

"Hai!" She took his hand and helped him to the medics. Kojurou was rushing around trying to find Jin, Masamune had told him she was on her own fighting Mitsuhide and grew almost nauseously worried.
"Jin! Jin-dono!" He called.

As Kojurou searched the crowd of men, he saw no sign of Jin, had she been felled in her battle with Mitsuhide?
“Katakura-sama?” Her voice spoke up from behind him, and upon spinning around, he saw she was banged up, but mostly unharmed, helping one of Masamune’s men limp along with a broken foot. “Is something wrong?”

“No, he is dead, the flames of the temple swallowed him.” She said as she helped the soldier sit on the ground to wait to be tended to.

Jin frowned softly, but nodded. “It’s an odd feeling- I’m not sorry I killed him, he was a vile man, but yes he was once my comrade.” She said softly. “And that I regret that I had to do; strike down a comrade.”

She looked up at him and offered a soft smile, tightening her pinkie around his. “Thank you.” She said softly.

He nodded, smiling gently.
When the wounded were cared for, everyone made their journeys home with a new hope for the future in their hearts. Akihime had to share her horse with Yukimura since she fell asleep and nearly fell off hers. The damage to her ribs was nothing too drastic, just severe bruising and a crack. She would be fine.

Megohime stayed glued to Masamune as the army departed, still pestering him about his old wound, but she meant well.
Yukimura held onto Akihime and had her horse tied to his own, not minding sharing his horse with his wife.

The next month was peaceful, only small skirmishes popping up across the land of the rising sun, as if all problems had been solved, and for once in a very long while, everyone had a moment to breathe and relax.

Yukimura, who had been convinced by Akihime to help bake with her was having a hard time. He had won countless battles and yet this was not one he could stand up to. Once again, in trying to crack an egg open, he had completely smashed it.

Megohime laid with Masamune in their shared bed, it becoming late in the morning, but she had managed to keep him in bed for a while longer. She had her head on his bare chest, lightly running her fingers over the scar on his side. “Does it hurt still?”

Jin would go to the local temple daily, always helping Kojurou a bit in the fields a bit before cleaning up and heading into town to pray. The other temple goers often gave her weird looks at first, but soon came to simply ignore the odd looking woman who came in with them.

Akihime would laugh in good humor each time before finally deciding to help him.
"Here," she took an egg and moved her hands over his so he could watch and feel her fingers, "like this," she smiled as she guided him with her hands, carefully breaking the egg and dropping the yolk inside the bowl, "ta da!"

Masamune shook his head, his arm wrapped around her to hold her close, "Nah, just another badge to show off now." He grinned, "makes me more attractive~"

Kojurou would go with her sometimes to keep her company and out of his own curiosity. It was peaceful the times he did go, he found it to be rather pleasant to sit amongst the monks and priests in training.

Yukimura seemed amazed at how easily she had cracked open the egg, eyes widening. “Amazing, Akihime, you did it so easily..!” He said in awe, still holding onto the empty eggshell.

“No one else should be seeing it.” She pouted, sitting up, but only to move closer to inspect the scar. She gently ran a hand over it, then kissed it softly, letting her lips linger for a moment before moving to kiss the scar over his navel.

Jin would enjoy the quiet time they spent in the temple, and the walk back to the Date estate, pinkies linked together as they enjoyed the good weather.

She giggled and took the shell from him, throwing it into the compost before wipping her hands on a damp cloth, "What kind of wife would I be if I didn't know how to crack an egg?"

Masamune watched her with a half lidded eye, his hand moving to run his fingers slowly through her hair, "You're the first.." He replied softly.

"I hope the offerings we made were sufficient," he said, "I hope the monks can make use of it."

Back
Top Bottom