Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

"Alright, alright...but you two can't just leave it to talking. Act on it if the desire is so great." He said and left. Akihime blushed, embarrassed but Sasuke was correct.

He chuckled lowly and moved faster, nipping along her collarbone, "Yeah, yeah, I know~"

The days seemed to crawl by, but the peace was not taken for granted.
Jin went to her daily temple, often taking vegetables Kojurou had given to her as an offering.
It was another such cool morning that she headed into town with a basket of vegetables, prayerbeads wrapped around her wrist.

Jin never brought her spear with her, why would she? It was be odd enough that a half foreigner was there, but one with a weapon or in her armor? No, she wore civilian clothes. Moving into the temple she set out the offerings before moving to pray, clutching her beads tightly.

It wasn’t unusual for people to stare at her, so Jin paid him no mind at all, simply focusing on her prayers. Once finished, she simply turned and headed out of the temple, making her way back to the Date estate.

Jin stopped completely, feeling a shiver go down her spine- a shiver of fear. “Excuse me?” She asked, turning to face him.

His entire persona screamed dangerous, especially his smirk. “Help reach my goal? And what would that be?” Fine, she would indulge in him.

She scowled at this point, who was this man to come to her and offer her enlightenment? She was on her own path to enlightenment, and even if it took her entire life to find it, she would walk the path without shortcuts.
“Thank you, but I do not need a spiritual guide.” She said, then bowed her head slightly to him. “Excuse me.” She said before turning and leaving.

The same interaction would happen twice more; each day Jin went to the temple, the strange man would be there waiting for her, or follow her there. She would ignore him, but every time she left, like clockwork, he would offer her enlightenment, and every time, she would turn him down and return home.
On the third day, Jin was knelt in her usual spot, praying with her eyes closed and clutching her prayer beads tightly.

She didn’t open her eyes, didn’t pull her hands apart. “My answer is still no.” She said quietly, not wanting to disturb others. “I have always been able to obtain enlightenment, and you will not be the one to hand it to me.”

Jin relaxed slightly, letting out a soft breath as she continued to pray, enjoying the peace and silence of the temple.

When she left to return home, a group of police swordsman approached her; the man from before standing not too far away.
"Thank you for helping me bring my wife home. The doctors say she shouldn't be wandering around on her own, she's sick if you understand my meaning.."

Jin looked to the man in horror, then quickly looked to the police. “This man is not my husband! He has been pestering me for days, this is all a cruel trick he is trying to play.”

Jin looked absolutely horrified, but clenched her jaw and balled up her fists. He had forged a marriage certificate? This man was abhorrent, what was his game?
“Fine.”
She figured she would be able to negotiate with this man for her release, she tried to rationalize the situation, to stay calm.
She moved a step closer to Matsunaga, but kept her distance, heart racing in her chest.

Matsunaga calmly led her back to his home, if it even was his home. He allowed her to enter first, as if he were a gentleman, smiling all the while.

Jin was silent the entire time, a soft scowl on her face as she entered.
Moving into the room he motioned her to, sitting on the cushion he motioned her to.
“So? What is the meaning of this?” She sounded stiff. “Forging a marriage license and claiming I am your wife? Is this the way to enlightenment?”

Back
Top Bottom