Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

Megohime looked to him with a raised eyebrow. “The only good thing she’s done is give you a son.” That was a first, Megohime saying something positive about another person.

Megohime’s cheeks flushed at the praise, and she turned her head away slightly. “Of course I do, a wife is supposed to feed her husband.”

“Surely I won’t let a concubine outdo me.” She said, looking down at the treats on the tray she held. “What kind of wife would I be then?”

Megohime gave him another look, though this one slightly amused. “You know what I meant.” She muttered softly, taking his free hand and holding it gently.

Back on the Fugaku, strange occurances were popping up every now and again, small rations disappearing, a few clothes and bedding that were either going to be thrown out, or were simply hanging out to dry. For a while Motochika was sure it was just his men slacking off; eating more than their share, forgetting they had thrown out the old bed, or misplaced their shirt, but it was soon discovered the true culprit was a young lad who had been stowing away on the Fugaku, and was now on the run from a small handful of Motochika’s men, who had caught him stealing from the kitchen. The kid was lithe and fast, easily outrunning the other crew members, fleeing like a rat from a cat.

"Get back here!!"
"How dare you steal from us!!" They shouted as they chased him. A thick chain swung out and wrapped around the lad, jerking him off his feet and dropping him on his ass.
"Aniki!"
"What's goin' on here?" Motochika huffed.

The apples the kid had been holding tumbled away from him as he fell, landing hard and groaning in pain. He winced as he sat up, and when his eyes fell on Motochika, he froze. “C-Cap’n..”

He looked ashamed, looking away and at the apples he had taken; bruised and old. “They were tha barrel bottoms.. I didn’ think anyone would notice..”

His face and ears went red. “I ripped open my shirt fixin’ tha riggin’ on tha mast..” Well if anything this kid was honest. “An no one wanted tha beddin’ anyway..”

“Ah! No one woulda noticed unless ya climbed all tha way up to tha top! I meant no disrespect Cap’n!” He said quickly.

His ears burned red and he quickly gave a nod. “R-Ren.” He answered, but didn’t look away from the massive captain.

"Welcome aboard, Ren. Sorry for such a late introduction."
"Aniki!" The crew argued and Motochika looked over with a bored expression, "He's a stowaway!"
"Any man willin' ta work and earn his keep is welcome." Motochika said before wandering off, "He's family now."

Ren sat there in shock, yellow eyes wide as he watched Motochika walk off. Family? He was apart of their family? He felt a flutter in his chest, quickly wiping away his tears before standing and bowing. “Arigatou, Cap’n!!”

“Aye, Cap’n!” He shouted back, standing up straight. He was so happy- for now he had a family.

((Anything else or do we wanna do the raid finally~?))

Back
Top Bottom