Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

"You two are really what this country needs.." Keiji said almost dreamily. Motochika made a face, clearly confused.
"What are you talking about?" He asked. Keiji scratched his cheek with a sheepish grin.
"The world could do with more love." He replied.

Nana’s expression softened as she looked to Keiji, a thoughtful look on her face. “We’re really the best example of such a thing?” She mused.

"Well, all couples - married or otherwise - are great examples of what's best, I believe." Keiji replied, "Can't really stop the power of love."

Nana’s cheeks flushed a bit, and she rubbed the back of her neck, looking to Motochika. “Well... Thank you.”

Nana smiled softly and nodded. “Aye, and the Fugaku will be ready to dock when we do.” She gave him a peck on the cheek before running off to tend to the Fugaku.

The plan was to meet with Mouri; both the Chosokabe and the Mouri had sent spies to the opposing factions, and each other had found the spies, and now each faction was going to retrieve their own spies.

Nana made a soft noise and sipped her sake, smoke curling slowly from the lit pipe in her other hand, the scent of tobacco heavy with the scent of oil on her- though she had made a habit of cleaning up before lighting her pipe as to avoid catching flame as well. “Aye. Truth be told, I do not entirely believe the vagabonds plan will work out... But I can’t help but hope it will.”

Last edited:
Nana set down her cup of sake, only to take a drag from her pipe. “I would expect nothing less, but first we need to get our men back.” She blew out the smoke as she spoke, smiling softly at her husbands enthusiasm.

The rendezvous was made at night, the two opposing factions meeting on the water on their own respective ships, Mouri standing stiffly in place as the ships slowly drifted closer to one another.

Motochika had Mouri's men brought forward, "Alright, Mouri! Here are your men, safe and sound!" He called, leaning against his anchor.
"Mouri-sama!" The soldiers looked relieved to see their lord, or at least it seemed that way.

Mouri Motonari stared at his men with an unreadable expression before glancing to the attendant to his left, who gave a nod and signaled for Motochika’s men to be led out.
“Aniki!!” The men shouted when they saw Motochika, expressions brightening.
“Chosokabe, you speak of reaching an alliance, yet you send spies.” He almost sounded indifferent, like the spies weren’t even a concern to him. “What game do you play at?”

"I'll be honest with ye, they were sent long before this alliance was even proposed. And yer no better, to be fair." Motochika replied, "What say ye to puttin' this behind us fer now and deal with the real threat: Oda. I'm told he's ready to breathe down yer neck with him takin' Kyuushu from Shimazu."

Motonari seemed to actually be thinking over the offer, but his displeased expression never changed. “Is that the reason you’ve brought Maeda Keiji? To reach an alliance to defeat Oda Nobunaga?”

"It was Maeda-niisan's idea to team up against Oda. I can't blame him for trying, we would make a formidable force." Motochika smirked.

“Mm.” He made a soft noise, raising his hand. “Maybe so, but such a plan will never come to fruition.” He said calmly, the screams of Motochika’s men following soon after as they were cut down, then something unexpected. Mouri’s own men started dropping like flies, arrows raining down from Mouri’s archers, slaying his own men.

Motochika deathgripped his anchor, "You...you disgusting rat! Your own men!" He yelled before all hell broke loose. The Fugaku's cannons went off firing at Mouri's ships as the two armies clashed.

Mouri’s own ships returned fire just as quickly, like they had been primed and ready for such an attack.

Motochika engaged Motonari, infuriated that he would pull such an underhanded tactic. Keiji tried to do his best to stop all the fighting but it was useless with no one listening to him.

No one had time to listen to Keiji, the two swarming into one large mass of men, blades clashing and yelling drowning out his every word, even Nana was forced into the fight.

Back
Top Bottom