Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

Yukimura looked up from the paper work he had to take care of before anything else could be started. “It’s not your fault, Sasuke, I should’ve told her to stay at the estate no matter what.” He said softly, returning to writing, then pausing again. “Have there been any sightings of Akechi Mitsuhide next the surrounding lands?”

Sasuke shook his head, "No, nothing. It's almost like he just up and vanished. I have my ninjas scouting still, though. Just in case."

He nodded, brush hesitating over his papers. “How is Akihime doing?” He asked quietly. “She went to the village that had been washed away by the flood... Is she alright?”

"Oh, uh...I mean Amaya went with her, right? I figure she's doing ok." He answered, "I can go check, I just figured Mitsuhide was top priority.."

He felt a tingle go down his neck, the hairs on her neck rising a bit and his ears burning red. “Y-Yes Amaya-dono did go with her.. I just- she-“ He started to sputter out an incomprehensible string of words, clearly flustered again. “I-I worry about the condition of her health..” It was understandable that he was so concerned for her health, his first wife did pass due to an illness after all.

If Akihime's fever worsened, she would be bedridden as well. And to see her in such a state, he couldn't comprehend the grief it would put him through; to lose another woman he loved so carelessly.
"I'll go find her and check on her. Don't worry so much, dana, she's tough." Sasuke said and vanished in the blink of an eye.

Yukimura couldn’t help but worry and fret over Akihime, if he were to lose her, he would be utterly crushed.

After a bit, Sasuke returned, "Well after tracking her down in the fields and getting an earful from Amaya, I found Akihime. She looked like she was pushing herself so I asked her to come home. She should be here soon." He said. He then frowned, noticing Yukimura's stressed expression, "You ok, dana?"

Yukimura had finished quite a bit of work while Sasuke was gone, and had even had a chance to pop in and check on Shingen before returning to work, but both his Lords poor health and his wife’s poor health weighed heavily on him. “I’m fine..!” He waved Sasuke off with a forced smile.

Of course Yukimura wasn’t alright, both his lord and his wife were out of commission, leaving Yukimura alone to command the troops and handle all other matters pertaining the Takeda army. “Nothings wrong with me, I’m just worried about the state of the Takeda as of now.”

"Akihime will be back soon to help you," It sounded a little rude and odd, a wife helping her husband lead an army, but they both knew how well of a tactician she was taught to be, "She's just got a bit of a cold, it's nothing she can't handle.."

Yukimura nodded and looked down at his work, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he sorted through the papers before finding the one he needed to prioritize first. “Thank you, Sasuke.”

Sasuke gave a nod and moved to sit on the roof. When Akihime returned, she went in search of Yukimura despite Amaya's protests that she go lie down.
"May I please inform my husband that I'm home first?" She asked, her nose stuffed.

Amaya sighed softly, but finally relented, nodding and bowing to Akihime before disappearing.
Yukimura was taking a break, well more like he nearly fell asleep, his own body worn down from the cold rains the night before, drifting off quickly with his head on the desk.

He felt a gentle tug before being pulled against something warm and soft, the gentle scent of kiku flowers filling his nose.
"Tadaima..." Akihime greeted gently, her fingers delicately combing through his hair.

Yukimura perked a bit and his eyes opened slowly, setting his own aside before making a mess. “Okaerinasai..”

"Sasuke said you were starting to worry yourself into an early grave.." She smiled, "So I came back to ease you...maybe you should come and rest with me, you look exhausted.."

Yukimura frowned, but didn’t move from his spot, Akihime still resting against his back. “I still have construction plans to finalsize..” He was rather sluggish and groggy.

She made a noise, "Hai, but a small moment of respite won't hurt the plans..." She hugged him around his chest gently, "Everyone is doing their best right now and the villagers are faring well all things considered. You can spare a moment to be with your selfish wife.."

Yukimura did think a small nap sounded rather nice at the moment, so with a soft sigh, he nodded. “Alright, a small break..”

She moved and took his hand, pulling him out of the office and to their room, laying out their bed and stripping into only her kosode. She blushed softly and laid down, gesturing for him to lay with her.

Yukimura maid beside his wife, burrowing under the covers and snuggling up beside Akihime. Now that he was resting beside his wife, he seemed to drain even further of his energy.

“Daisuki.” He said softly in reaponse, holding his wife gently against his chest as the two rested.

Back
Top Bottom