Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

“Please don’t.” She said quietly. “You’re one of the few who will speak with me without animosity; which I understand and accept seeing my current position... But I do enjoy speaking with you.”

She felt like her heart had stopped in her chest, actually dropping the sake jug this time. As the alcohol seeped out into the soil, Jin stared in shock, then quickly picked up the jug as to not waste the sake. “K-Katakura-sama, y-you don’t mean..?”

“But I was an Oda spy!!” She suddenly blurted out, quickly shutting her mouth and looking down at her lap. “I am not deserving of ones feelings, I came here with the intention to deceive you and your men... How could you possibly find me desirable?”

"You're beautiful," he began softly, "intelligent, humble, a skilled combatant, your loyalty is unbreakable..." He exhaled, "If you wish not to pursue an intimate relationship with me, I won't press the matter any further..."

“I do..” She said softly. “You’re kind, and you ask for so little for all that you give, I would be honored to be with you..” She said, keeping her eyes downcast, face flushed.

He moved carefully between the plants to reach her, moving and kissing her tenderly, placing his hand over hers in a gentle affectionate gesture.

Jin closed her eyes and returned his kiss with her own gentle one; she had to lean up a bit with her kneeling on the ground, but didn’t mind, carefully taking Kojurou’s hand with her less injured hand.

She reached up and placed her hand gently against his cheek, shaking her head and offering a soft smile. “I’ll be fine.” She said softly. “I am more than grateful for your consideration, but I must ask that whatever your lord asks of me, to allow him, and I will follow.” She said softly. “I will help in anyway that I can, as Kannon has allowed me a second chance, I dare not waste it.”

She nodded, a sure look on her face. “I am.. I follow my fate as Buddha sees fit.” She said softly.

After their brief moment of intimacy, Jin finished up, then returned to the estate with Kojurou, the sun having set quite some time ago.

She nodded. “I will be, but I do thank you for the meal today, the vegetables were wonderful.” She said softly as they walked through the dark.

The two would go their separate ways, Jin bathing in her room with a bucket of water and a cloth, then turning in for the night.

Her fastings became more and more frequent the more she was able to use her hands. Kojurou would ask why when she skipped whole days and she would only answer that her returned strength allowed her to plead with Kannon more fervidly. It only seemed to make him worry.

Now finally able to use her hands a bit more than before, Jin’s repentance became more intense. One night after helping Kojurou in his personal garden, she took to her self-flagellation once more. Moving to the small shrine Kojurou had provided her, carefully shrugging off the top half of her yukata, then removing the bandages and pulling her hair over her shoulder and away from her back before retrieving her cat-o-ninetails, then bringing the leather whip to her back. She winced, but simply closed her eyes, repeating the process once more.

Kojurou had prepared a soba dish with some homegrown cucumber and strawberries, he even made a ginger sause to pair nicely with it. It was hot out and he figured a nice cool and refreshing noodle dish would do Jin some good. When he entered her room, he nearly dropped the bowl, "Jin-dono! What on earth are you doing?!"

Jin was obviously quite startled by Kojurou’s unannounced entrance, dropping the whip and covering her chest as she quickly turned to look at him, back covered in red marks over the still healing flesh. “Katakura-sama..!” She quickly pulled her yukata back over her shoulders to hide the damage she had done to her back, face flushed.

"Why were you whipping yourself? Was that part of your atonement...?" He looked almost hurt to have caught her practicing such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom