Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

In the morning the healers had returned to caring for her, but other than fight her fever, there wasn’t much they could do for her. All of her broken bones had been set and wrapped, leaving everything else up to time.

Kojurou returned to see her, helped her eat so she could regain her strength faster. "I understand you wish to fast to atone, but now is not the best time."

Everything about having to be cared for was shameful, but not being able to atone was even more so. She ate as instructed however, not fighting Kojurou on the matter. “I understand.” She said softly, taking another bite of the rice porridge she was given to start with, having not eaten in almost two weeks.

"When you are able to have returned use of your hands, I will not bother you while you ask forgiveness. You have my word." He told her.

Jin spent most of her time resting and working on restrengthening her hands while the broken bones mended. Luckily, not all of her fingers were broken- they were still badly dislocated -so soon she was able to feed and dress herself. Kojurou requested when she wasn’t in her room resting to remain within his sight, and she obliged him, spending her time praying or helping him with what she could while he didn’t have to tend to the Date army affairs.

When she wasn't fasting, he made her food with the vegetables from his garden and when she had the strength he asked her to come pull weeds and water the plants with him after dusk. He didn't share this location and secret with just anyone, not even Masamune. He tried not to strain her too much though.

She enjoyed the work in the garden he gave her, and even with only one barely functioning hand, she managed to pull out all the weeds tasked with removing- watering however was a bit slower. She did work hard, having witness the amount of care he put into not only the villages feilds but his own, it inspired her to do as much as she could to contribute her own share.

"If you want to take a break today, I won't think less of you," Kojurou offered as he shared lunch with her one day, "I don't need or want you to push yourself."

Jin shook her head as she ate the small portion of boiled vegetables Kojurou had prepared for her; he requested she eat something small if she was going to work in the gardens with him. “No, I can continue, I just need a small break.” She said softly, but her hands were trembling nonetheless.

He noticed and frowned softly, "Perhaps laying out the sake bowls for the slugs will be an easier task for you today.." He said with a hint of concern.

Jin frowned and carefully set her bento down on her lap to stable her hands. “I thank you for your concern, but if repentance was easy, it would not be called repentance.”

"I understand, but it is more for the sake of your hands than your repentance...they won't heal properly at all if we work you too hard.." He said.

She frowned and looked down at her bandages hands, not looking satisfied with his answer, but she relented. “I understand.” She said softly, agreeing to finish up her work by setting out sake bowls for the snails before returning to the estate ahead of him to rest.

"I do appreciate all the help you give me," he added, "really, it's hard to do on my own. I would feel awful to hinder your recovery."

She shook her head as she poured the sake and set out the dishes around the garden. “Hindering my recovery is far from my mind, you’ve given me a chance to redeem myself, and for that, I am forever grateful.” She said softly.

He looked down at his food, as if lost in thought, "I too felt as though I had failed past the point of redemption. But I was allowed a renewed opportunity to right my wrong. If I am allowed such a chance, then you are equally as deserving."

Jin sat kneeling where she was, unmoving as she looked at Kojurou, cheeks flushed slightly and her heart skipping in her chest. Never before had she met such an admirable warrior or man, it was awe inspiring.

Jin shook her head quickly. “No, not at all!” She blurted out, her eyes fixed on him. “I think it’s very admirable... You were able to overcome the tests of life, and seized the second chance Kannon gave you.”

"I only wish the same for you. Your diligence and loyalty is unwavering in so many ways. I find it to be an attractive qualit-" He stopped and flushed heavily, "P-Please don't take that the wrong way..."

Last edited:
Jin nearly dropped the sake jug at his words, face and ears going red, but she quickly shook her head. “N-No! Of course! I-I understand!” She stammered quickly.

She looked down at her lap and shook her head. “No, not at all!” She said, unable to calm her racing heart.

Back
Top Bottom