Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

Yukimura sat with Akihime in the room they shared, carefully cleaning the burns on her feet and legs before applying ointment to the burns before wrapping them as gently as he could. “I’m not hurting you, am I..?”

Akihime smiled faintly, shaking her head, "No, not at all...thank you for taking care of me, Yukimura-sama..." If she was honest, everything hurt regardless of how gentle he was being, but she kept a brave face for him so he wouldn't worry. She did take quite a bit of damage to her arm, the healers said it would be a while before she could use her tessen again.

Yukimura nodded and gently set her legs down on the bed, setting the supplies aside before carefully covering Akihime with her blankets. “Would you like any tea to help you sleep?” He asked as he sat beside the bed.

"Maybe a small cup..." She replied softly, "I can make it, it's alright...! Do you want some too?" She moved to get out of bed, not wanting him to fuss over her.

Yukimura put his hand out to stop her from sitting up anymore than she already had. “Please allow me to prepare your tea, Akihime-dono.”

She stopped and looked down at her lap, "Of course..." She muttered. She sat quietly as he made the tea before finally speaking, "Why did you choose to bring the Takeda armor to Hisahide instead of leaving me to die...?" She asked quietly.

Yukimura stopped preparing the tea to look up at Akihime. “Because your my wife, Akihime.” He said softly.

Yukimura’s brow knit and he looked to Akihime. “Who told you you aren’t important to me?”

Her lips pursed slightly before glancing up at him, "M...Megohime-dono did...when we heard that Katakura-dono was there to rescue her, she told me that you found Takeda's prized armor more important than...than your second wife..."

Yukimura took Akihime’s bandaged hands in his own, holding them gently. “Though you are my second wife, I’ve never once thought less of you, please forgive me if I’ve ever given you such an impression, I’ve neglected you as your husband.”

"N-No not at all! Never have you made me think so! You've made me so happy during our first year of marriage, I just..." She squeezed his hands even though it pained her to do so, "I feel as though I will never make you as happy as Ume-dono did..." She remembered it well, how when her binding to Yukimura was being discussed she would go with him to see Ume as her health failed. How distraught and heartbroken he was that he couldn't help her. How he barely regarded Akihime unless he needed to. She understood, he was grieving, but sometimes she only ever felt like a replacement.

“That is far from the truth, Akihime. You’re very important to me, and you’re my wife, not my second wife, this isn’t a race..” he said softly.

She dried her tears and nodded, "You're right...I shouldn't have let her words burden me so. Thank you for assuring me, my lord husband..." She smiled softly.

Yukimura smiled softly and bowed his head to her. “I will speak with Masamune-dono in the morning.” He said. “For now, enjoy your tea and rest.”

"Um..." She was blushing now, staring down at her tea, "W-Would it be too promiscuous to a-ask you to k..." She felt like she would faint, "k...kiss...m-me...?"

Last edited:
Yukimura’s own face flushed, but he shook his head, then shifted closer. He hesitated for a moment, staring down at her small hands in his, then leaned forward and kissed Akihime. It was a bit rough, but it had been his first time kissing her- or anyone for that matter.

She kissed back, rather enjoying the roughness; it was passionate like he was. She pulled back before she actually did faint and hid her face, "A-Arigatou...!"

Yukimura was only able to nod, steam nearly coming out of his head as he did his best to calm himself.

“H-Here, let me..” Yukimura reached out and took the cup carefully, holding it to her lips so she could continue to drink.

She drank carefully, face brighter than a tomato, "Th-Thank you...but I don't want you to fuss over me, I'll be ok...! Just stay with me, please...?"

She moved closer and laid against his chest, keeping pressure off her arm as she held onto him, "I love you, Yukimura-sama..." She said softly, already starting to drift off.

Back
Top Bottom