Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

“What do you know, pitiful girl?” Megohime growled out.

Amaya was sitting next to Sasuke, as quiet as always, only she sat white-knuckled staring at the floor in front of her, listening to Yukimura.
Yukimura, who had already gathered the armor together neatly in a box at his side was bowed low to Shingen, trembling slightly. “My lord! Please allow me your precious family heirloom to retrieve Akihime-dono!” He begged, clear he was on edge and quite nervous.

"I know that Buddha will protect us. And I know deep in my heart that Masamune-sama and Yukimura-sama are coming to save us." She said, voice cracking slightly. She was fighting her tears, but she was so scared.

"And why is it you have not left sooner? Why did you allow Katakura to go alone? Without both items, Matsunaga will not allow the girls to come home. Why did you not just take the armor and leave instead of wasting precious time?!" Shingen boomed, "GET GOING, BOY!!"

“Yes, my lord!” Yukimura scrambled to his feet and grabbed the armor, slinging it onto his back and hurrying to the stables to get his horse.

Amaya was already ahead of him, wanting to speed ahead and rush to get to Akihime, and in fact, she did leave the two men behind.
As Yukimura sped down the road on his horse worth Sasuke, the two were left behind, Amaya racing ahead, her determination set on her face.

“This is not your fault, Sasuke.” Yukimura said, keeping his eyes fixed ahead as he rode. “No one could have known they would target Akihime and Megohime-dono.”

Yukimura could barely see the kunoichi now, only able to spot a small flash of white every now and again. “We will get her back, we’ll bring them both home.”

Megohime only released she had nodded off when she woke again with a start, the poison still coursing through her body and making her feel sluggish. She listened for any sign of life around her, looking around for the man who had taken them.

There was a soft noise beside her but it was only Akihime, praying under her breath as she looked at the ground with a thousand yard stare. How long had it been since they first woke up there? Was anyone really coming?
"You're in luck, lady dragon." Hisahide said as he appeared beside her, "It would seem Katakura is here with your husband's blades." Akihime's praying stopped and she swallowed the weak sob that crawled up her throat.
"Yogatta..." She whispered, "He made the right choice..."

Megohime looked down at Matsunaga, feeling nauseous. “I’m in luck?” She repeated, eyes narrowed. “What about Takeda’s armor? You said you’d only release the both of us if you received both treasures. You’re telling me you intend to let me alone go?” She didn’t sound like she believed him at all.

"I suppose I did, didn't I." He mused, "We'll have to see then what Katakura does when he arrives."
"Please, Hisahide, let her go, you'll have the blades at least.." Akihime tried bargaining and Matsunaga glanced to her.
"Yes, but having both is much nicer." He replied and Akihime bit her lip.

Megohime clenched her jaw, staring down at Hisehide, then it clicked. They were never going to be released, even if both treasures were brought to him. “You bastard.” Megohime hissed lowly. “You intend only to take the Blades and Armor, we were never going to be released were we?”

"For such a smart woman, I'm disappointed that it took you this long to figure it out. Akihime knew from the start, why do you think she grew so violent so quickly?" He chastised.
"Because I'm a naïve child, Hisahide...I wouldn't know any real danger even if it slapped me in the face.." Akihime said, mimicking Megohime's harsh words. Matsunaga chuckled and moved away.
"You give the daughter of a Toyotomi general too little credit, lady dragon." He said mockingly.

Megohime ground her teeth in such a rage she felt they would crack. “Both off you can go to hell.” She forced out, feeling completely humiliated. “And were is your husband, the man you claim will come to save you?” She hissed at Akihime. “Perhaps he found the armor much more important than you- his second wife.”

Akihime couldn't fight her tears any longer and her head dropped as she wept, "I would rather him choose to preserve the pride and honor of the Takeda than choose such a lowly woman like me...I am only worthy enough as a sacrifice to aid him in his endeavors...I am not fit as his wife, I do not deserve my spot at his side....!"

Megohime looked away from both Hisehide and Akihime, sick of the both of them. “If I’m to die, I’d like for it to be soon so I don’t have too hear anymore of her sniveling.” She snarled.

Megohime could hear the faint noise of fighting somewhere within the destroyed temple, and Megohime knew it would soon be over, closing her eyes and waiting.

It didn't seem like long for Kojurou to appear, panting and wheezing with effort.
"Good evening," Hisahide greeted, "I had hoped you would be brought to me as a corpse, but I see I underestimated you."
"I, Katakura Kojurou, am not called the Dragon's Right Eye for nothing." Kojurou said before looking to Megohime, "Are you alright, Megohime-dono?"

Kojurou had barely finished his question before Megohime barked out her answer. “Leave, Kojurou! He’s planning to take the Blades and kill us all!”

"What terrible manners she has. This is the type of woman your master wants at his side? Hardly a woman at all." Hisahide remarked. Kojurou scowled and threw the six blades toward Matsunaga, watching them stick into the ground.
"You're right, she's hardly the type of woman anyone would want as a bride. However, she is more worthy than anyone in this land to wed the One Eyed Dragon, she possesses a strength and courage only fitting for his wife. And it is because of this that I cannot allow her to stay a moment longer in your clutches! She is apart of the Date, and we never leave our own behind!" Kojurou stated.

Megohime mentally scolded herself as a tear ran down her cheek at Kojurou’s words. “He’s already going to lose his wife, don’t make him lose his retainer too!” Megohime’s voice cracked a bit, but soon the sound of someone else sounded behind Kojurou.
“Matte!!”
It was was Yukimura, and on his back the Armor That Needed No Shield.

Back
Top Bottom