Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ragnarök (Ezralora and Johnizbeast)

"In my tribe if you are old enough to walk you are old enough to learn how to hunt and kill. At the age of 10 our tribe is divided into warriors and caretakers. Those with the strength and power to fight are made into warriors those who do not become caretakers. So I have been fighting since before I can remember" Steinar replied following her through the snow. Though unlike Ylva Steinar was making no attempt to be quiet. Storming through brushed, making his armor and weapons clank on things.

Ylva would nod her head as she listened to him, before coming to a stop as she turned on her heels. "I guess quiet was not something you were taught?" She taunted, giving a brief smirk as she began to walk again, being equally noisy as there was no way she would find something with the walking armoury behind her. "At least we're starting to learn about each other, even if it will be used later to try and kill each other."

"When hunting animals yes, but only a coward sneaks around when fighting another warrior. I would rather they come to us so right away so I can destroy who ever it is where they stand!" Steinar shouted showing no intention of being quiet what so ever. "Only you would stoop so low as to come up with a weakness to exploit, power versus power is what I want! My all against yours!" He replied.

She came to a stop before turning to glare at him as she marched over to him. "You're going to hold that over me for a long time aren't you?" She questioned before leaning up to him, staring up into his eyes, as he was a fair bit taller than the black haired warrior. "You do know, one of my patrons is the goddess of war and death, just as Odin is... but not just that." She added, "beauty... gold, sex...Trickery and scheming is just a gift from Loki. So do not think that i have but one trick." She warned him and turned to walk back through the snow. "You might be the chosen of Odin... but i am bound to fulfil my own task."

"If you wouldn't do such trickery I wouldn't have to hold it over your head!" Steinar shouted back. He then looked back into her eyes ready to fight if he needed to. As he Listen to her, Steinar just glared back listening to her. Once she finally finished he shouted back "I don't care what Odin or your parents are the gods of! I care about winning this hunt for my dying people! Once I make Odin the winner he will remove the plague that has gripped my land and my people! That is all I care about! If that means killing a trickster like you then fine!"

Ylva came to a stop as she heard it, but she couldn't... she couldn't let him stop her either and turned around to face him as she narrowed her eyes and tossed her back onto the ground. "Then do it then!" She yelled back at him, before knocking an arrow and drawing the string back aiming at him. "We might as well get this over with if we're just going to be yelling at one another!" She snarled, keeping her deadly aim on him. "You want to save your town, well kill the trickster and move along to the next one, and the next. Until there are just a pile of bodies below your feet and for the one eyed got to pat you on the back and say well done."

As Ylva drew her bow Steinar pointer his towards her neck. "Fine then! Let us finish this hear and now I have been waiting for you to turn on me anyways! Tricksters like you have no honor! Even after I shared my hunt and mead you still look to turn on me at any moment!" Steinar shouted back prepared to strike. Though as he did lighting bolts shot out from beyond the tree at them and Steinar put his shield up to block it.

Ylva held her bow out, getting tired of him calling her a trickster. She was about to release the mistletoe arrow when there was a crack of lightning. She didn't have the luxury of a shield and got struck by it, sending her to crack into the trunk of a nearby tree before crumpling onto the ground. "What in Loki's testicles was that."

The lighting still sent Steinar flying back though not against a tree. Even so he still wasn't fully recovered from his fight against Ylva, found himself sliding back eventually losing his footing and falling face first into the snow. Then landing in front of them was a hammer wielding women he shouted "ODIN"S CHOOSEN!! I HAVE BEEN SENT BY THOR TO KILL YOU!! YOU AND ODIN WHO HAVE BETRAYED HIM!!"

Ylva shakily got to her feet, feeling her muscles spasming from the lightning strike. "You sure you don't know her?" She asked as she leaned back against the tree. "What is it with the Aesir and yelling..." She muttered she then took out three more arrows, having dropped the three she had in her hand previously. In the space of a second or so she lifted her bow, knocked the arrow and loosed it. The arrow flying through the air aiming for her right thigh.

"Never met her, to be fair I slept with many a fine maidens.... but none who wield the hammer of thor" Steinar replied. Though soon Ylva shoot arrow the women tried to dodge it but the arrow still managed to knick her arm. "Who are you to help Odin's choosen! His woman or something!" The girl shouted at Ylva. Then Steinar spoke up and said "Never! She is an enemy to whom I shared a cave with last night! Nothing more!" The woman then turned to Ylva and said "So a common whore then!"

Ylva was having none of it as she drew her bowstring back with another arrow in it before firing it again. The green energy seeping around the arrow as it zipped through the air towards her. "As in we happened to be in a cave together on opposite sides." She growled as she was already getting another arrow knocked, from the way her face looked she was probably angry at being called a whore.

As She shoot another arrow at the woman she was ready this time putting up her hammer to block oncoming arrow. Though as Ylva prepared to fire another arrow Steiner stepped in front of her and said "This is my fight! I thank you for your willingness to help but she has come for me, but have more than enough power to handle this all on my ow..." In the middle of his speach the woman blasted him with a burst of lighting that sent Steinar flying back through some trees.

Ylva was moving forward before Steinar got in front of her. "What are yo-?" She had to stop as he was already flying through the forest after being struck by lightning. The bit of her that felt she should be worried, was squashed by the part thinking he deserved that for breaking into speech in the middle of a fight. She turned forward before taking a mistletoe arrow in her hand. The wood began to creak and bend, and morphed out of the shape of an arrow to a broad sword. It was light but strong and she moved forward before diving to the left side and going to lash out and slash her left leg with a quick cut.

While Ylva and the woman fought one and other Steiner was still working on recovering. After being struck by a bolt of lighting with his defenses down some of his wounds from the previous night had opened. However the woman had prepared for a arrow and wasn't fully ready to guard against a sword, so Ylva was able to get a good strike on her leg which made the woman have to use her lighting to get some distance between herself and Ylva. "Who are you that you would defend Odin's chosen Whore!" The women asked Ylva.

Ylva leapt back as the lightning began to come from her again and spun her mistletoe sword around as she narrowed her eyes. "You like using that word a fair bit don't you? I'm not so much defending him, as i am going to kill the person who shot lightning at me and insulted me." She said back and darted forward as she dragged her sword through the snow before flicking it up to send a spray up in an attempt to blind her for a moment, before going to plunge the sword into her shoulder and pin her to the ground.

The woman smirked at Ylva's response and replied "Fair enough, I will just take down Odin's chosen and this random whore in front of me". Clearly trying to egg Ylva on even more, not caring how much she taunted her. Though it seemed like what she said only enrage Ylva to the point where the young warrior found herself pinned to the ground, screaming out in pain. "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" She screamed out before pointing her hammer in the air causing lightning to come down from the sky surround her in lighting shocking and sending anyone close by flying backwards.

Ylva grinned down at her and twisted the wooden blade that was sharper than any steel in her before she was flung back by the lightning. Yet having been prepared her cloak morphed into two wings around her as feathers littered over the area and she lightly drifted to the ground. Thanking that she had received Freya's cloak of flight. She twirled the sword around as she stared at her, looking at the blood dripping off of the greenish wood. "You're certainly the one that screams like a bitch." She added, "let's see how well you scream without that tongue of yours." She added, smoke rising from her from the heat of her lightning. She was hurt but refused to show it, the last thing she wanted to do was demonstrate to the enemy that she had been injured.

"You dare call me a bitch! I am the princess of the Northern kingdom Brynhild! and I will reign supreme!" Brynhild shouted back lightning now circling her creating a powerful barrier of lighting that incased her body. By now Steiner had made his way back to the battle "Alright I have had enough of this! You are both cowardly fighters! You who would strike a man while he was talking and you who would..." Brynhild just struck Steinar with another bolt of lighting towards him, though this time he infused his shield with magic and blocked it "YOUR A COWARD! HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A NOBLE!" Brynhild then shot back "HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A WARRIOR GIVING SPEECHES IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE!"

Ylva chuckled as she watched the two of them squabbling. The wood of her sword began to creep along her arm before entwining it in the greenish bark and spread to her head where it formed over her face like a mask of death with glowing green eyes as she peered at the insulting woman and Steinar. She spoke but it sounded like two voices spoke through her. "Now isn't the time for squabbling like children." She darted forward and pressed against the lightning barrier as her hand looked like it had wooden talons on it. "Now let me through little thunder, so i can take that tongue of yours." She cackled as green energy seeped away from the back of her and would attempt to anchor her lightning so she could get through and pin her down once more with her body wait before going to grab her mouth and squeeze it so she could get a clear look at that tongue.

Steiner wasn't paying attention to Ylva, instead his focus was on the princess. Not that he trusted Ylva completely but he did trust in the promise they made to each other to fight it out once both of them where at full health and in a situation that no one would interfere. Though soon it seemed that Ylva had transformed and began to attack the woman again. To witch Steiner just yelled out "Oh Forget It! You two just fight! If the Princess wins I shall fight her!" Steiner then moved out of their way and sat on a near by rock and watched them fight.

When Ylva came charging at Brynhild she put up her hammer to defend her. Though the young princess, was not an experienced fighter like Ylva and Steiner. Instead of spreading her defenses she focus most of her defenses on the area's that Ylva was currently attacked. Though she was able to block her claw and forward attacks, and prevent herself from being pinned down at the moment. There was no doubt and experienced warrior like Ylva would notice the obvious openings in her legs. "Your right! I was wrong to call you a whore! Your a monster!" Brynhild shouted back at Ylva.

Ylva didn't say anything as the mask covering her face seemed to remain emotionless before it snapped open with a splintering wood sound before roaring at her with a high pitched screech. Green energy still seeping off her body as briefly she caught sight of her legs and continued to push forward. Trying to bait Brynhild out to put more force against her before she quickly altered her position so the girl would hopefully be unwary of her ducking and going to, rather swiftly punch her between the legs with her non wooden hand. A small bit of her was wondering if the chosen of Thor was a little scared. If she managed to send the girl down she'd spin sword before going to plunge it into the shoulder linking to the arm holding the hammer, and would attempt to stick it all the way through to pin her to the ground.

The princess was truely scared, afraid and worried. She was young, maybe 18 if that. Clearly Thor's had very few choices remaining for his chosen one. Ylva was easily able to maneuver around with the inexperienced princess. Getting a good punch in with caused Brynhild to flinch and let out a painful groan. Though soon Brynhild would find herself pinned into the ground screaming with a sword in her shoulder. "LET ME GO YOU MONSTER!!" she screamed and cried tears forming in her eyes.

Ylva with a creaking of wood opened her jaw as a vine like tongue rolled out of her mouth moving over the wood as she stared into the girl's eyes and brought her clawed wooden hand up into the air and sunk it into the snow right next to her head with such force she might scratch the princess. "Go home..." Was all she said before tearing the wooden sword from her arm and as it turned back into the arrow it was formed from the wood around her receded showing normal Ylva with her black hair and purple and green eyes. "Go home, leave the hammer. This battlefield is not for a child." She spoke normally now and gave a little smile. "No need to look so scared."

As Ylva brought her claw down next to her face Brynhild flinched. Though when Ylva told her to go home and leave her hammer the girl shook her head holding the hammer close to her. "No... no... I am strong... this power makes me invincible, I am not afraid of a monster! I AM NOT AFRAID!!" She screamed out making lighting consume her once again. Though this time a bright flash consumed her and she disappeared teleported away from the battle with the lighting.

Steiner then walked up to Ylva and said "Seems the child princess has some tricks up her sleeve, just like you. Though she would use hers to run away rather than fight. Next time we will make sure not to let her run."

Back
Top Bottom