Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ragnarök (Ezralora and Johnizbeast)

Steinar smiled as his spear his the mark drawing enough blood to stain the snow of forest red along with the trees. "I would rather be a brute than a coward!" Steinar yelled out though soon he found himself wrapped in branches. He body was weak from the wound and losing so much blood. So he was having trouble moving in the branches of the tree. "Let me go and fight me like a warrior! I freed you from bondage and fought you unchained now do the same for me you coward!!" Steinar yelled out once again.

"Oh shut up with your coward talk, just because i'm using my head instead of my muscles." She grumbled and just took the opportunity to rest against the tree, despite being pinned to it. "You freed me to kill me, and now you're having a tantrum like a child because things aren't going your way." She mused "i think i'll keep you just there for a little bit." She, with great reluctance, moved her hand to the shaft of the spear and gave a tug; sadly it seemed to be stuck in the wood tight. The pain was being numbed by the adrenaline that was beginning to fade away.

"A FIGHT IS A MATCH OF STRENGTH! IT IS NOT AN ACADEMIC CONTEST!!" Steinar shouted back at Ylva. He then listened to her and just grunted at her response. He could cut his restraints but it would require him to make his spear come to him and cut the wood. If he did so then he would release Ylva... which he couldn't do. It seemed they where stuck in a deadlock at the moment, which of course made Steinar nothing more then pissed off. "I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM STUCK IN DEADLOCK WITH SUCH A WARRIOR!! ME! STUCK IN DEADLOCK WITH SUCH A FIGHTER!"

"Oh you flatter me blessed of Odin and a fight is a battle of strategy as well as force, it's why that even if i let you down i'm not willing to let this fight continue. So... either we let each other go and we leave, or you stop having the brains of Ymir and allow us to move away from this. I just want to go in all honesty, and not fight a spear wielding berserker." She barked, the branches tightening around him as if reflecting her mood. "Your strength is commendable, but we didn't have a need to fight." She was beginning to think why Odin had decided to pick an idiot to fight for him. Though perhaps that distaste for the chosen of Odin came from a higher influence.

"My strategy is force!" Steinar shouted back, though now he was breathing heavy. Though after listening to Ylva's words, he couldn't help but agree with her. They both had let out a very dazzling display of power. If they took to long others would come... others involved in Ragnarok. If that happened, at his current strength Steinar couldn't assure his victory. "Fine... for now I will put our battle on hold... THOUGH THIS FIGHT IS FAR FROM OVER WOMAN!!" With that Gungir shot out of Ylva and spun around like a baton as it cut through her wood, freeing Steinar. "Don't let yourself be killed... your life belongs to me and me alone... also you never told me what god choose you... tell me now, what god or goddess has chosen you to fight for them" Steinar said using his spear like a crouch to walk over to his horse.

She hissed as the spear was brought out of her shoulder. Shaking her head she looked at the blood on her shoulder and wiped it away. "Sure, of course." She muttered and made her way to a nearby tree, knocking the snow away before pulling out a magnificent bow of rainbow wood, and two dragon heads carved at either end, as well as a quiver of mistletoe arrows. "I was not chosen, chosen of Odin, i was born into this through a union to at least give a chance for all races involved to survive." She turned to him, "I was born out of the unnatural union of Loki the Jötunn and Freyja or Frea, the Vanir, and member of the Aesir clan as wife to Odin." She sounded disgusted by the union herself, in her eyes she was an abomination of mixed blood. Slinking the quiver over her back as well as the bow she took out a sack, obviously good she didn't want taken from her. "You are free to travel with me if you wish, provided you don't attack me in my sleep." A soft breeze moved through the forest as she spoke, causing her hair to blow over her shoulders, obscuring most of her features, apart from her two coloured eyes.

Steinar listened to what Yiva had to say about her birth and just grumbled "So a child of two gods huh? Very fun, well one day I will have the honor of killing the children of the gods then. How lucky am I? No wonder Odin chose me to carry out his wishes!." Though when she mentioned traveling with her all Steinar could do was scoff at the idea, let alone the suggestion he would kill her while she was asleep. "Lets get one thing straight, I am a warrior of honor and strength! I would never kill another warrior in their sleep! That is something only a coward like yourself would do! So do not insult me. I wouldn't use the words travel with you either. I am merely following you until we have both recovered so we can continue our fight to the death!"

"I'm not a coward boy, i fought you how i would battle anyone without my tools." She muttered before adjusting her quiver of green arrows and couldn't help but chuckle at him. "So you're going to be stalking me like a ghost." She turned before shaking her head and began to walk, crunching through the snow of the forest, rolling her shoulder a little, that hole in it caused by the spear would require some treatment. Yet as he said, child of two gods she couldn't help but see it as an abomination most people in Ragnarok were normal humans chosen champions... this just felt dishonourable.

"Ha! Your Tools? an Excuse for not winning that is all!" Magnus replied with a loud laugh. Though when she mentioned him stalking him like a ghost he scuffed saying "NO LIKE A HUNTER! WAITING TO ENCOUNTER HIS PREY AT THE GREATEST MOMENT OF THE HUNT!". Honestly Magnus didn't care that she was the child of gods. In a matter of fact he was proud to be able to push a child of the gods to a draw. It only boasted his already over inflated ego.

She rested her hands on her hip before rolling her eyes, he was hopeless. She pulled on a long cloak with a furred back that covered her shoulders and upper back. Once that was donned she began to walk, in what seemed to be a random direction. "What ever will keep you happy." She muttered, rolling her shoulder once again as she felt the twang of the freshly healed wound. She would give him that, he had a heck of a throwing arm.

"Wait! Don't you go walking off without me!" Steinar shouted as he crawled onto Sleipnir and ordered the horse to follow Yiva. As the horse Followed her, Steinar began to tend to his words sewing them shut and putting oitment onto them as they road. "So tell me woman, where are we heading." Steinar asked.

Ylva didn't stop for him as she continued to make her way through the woods, "Wherever my feet take me, which seems to be whichever way the gods want me to go." She added and stared up at the sky, "Do you think it coincidence that the pair of us have yet to kill each other?" She asked him for a moment and shook her head, "I don't believe it is... something bigger is going on and my sight is failing to see this." She shook her head for a moment, "You mentioned others you've thought, without inflating your ego. How many were there?"

"Sounds bothersome to just wonder, how about we go to a near by village and get some mead and food?" Steinar asked though it seemed she had a couple questions for him first "I don't know, but we will find out in time, I try not to think about such complicated things..... though I will admit I feel like destiny may be working its threads on us as we speak...." To her next question he said "I have finished off 13 other warriors.... though many still remain. Have you yourself crossed swords with any others besides myself?"

Ylva looked over her shoulder for a moment before adjusting the quiver of arrows on her back. "Hmm... time fates.." She shook her head not liking the sound of any of this. She adjusted her covering for the cold and continued to walk on. "A few, non of them were as stubborn as yourself." She added, before shaking her head. "Calling me a coward..." Her eyes flashed a little at him as she said that, if it was for anger or something else, that was hard to say.

"Stubborn? by stubborn I am sure you mean powerful!" He replied though soon after she turned to him givining him some what of a cold look, or was it a fiery one? Stienar then replied to Ylva and said "Yes I do find your way of fighting cowardly. Most I have met that fight the way you do, do so because of their lack of strength. Everyone I have come across I have crushed with my strength alone.... and one day I will show you my strength can overcome you as well."

She stopped and had to lean against a tree to support herself from the laughter that was coming from her. She shook her head, "Lack of strength? You have to be mistaken there." She added, her laughter ceasing as she straightened up. "You're more than welcome to try when you want, but i don't intend to make it easy. You may call it cowardly but it is a simple way to overpower brutes as yourself. Also... powerful isn't quite the word i was hinting to. I will not deny, you are powerful though. A fool would say otherwise." She gracefully pressed her foot on a side of a root and propelled to another low hanging branch to pull herself onto it, and look over the path they were taking.

Steinar shook his head "I said most I have met, you are an excpetion... I know you are strong. Which is why it confuses me why you fight in such a manner." Though when she commented on him being a brute he replied "I am no brute I am a warrior!" Steinar soon followed Ylva using his spear as a walking stick. "So tell me, since your a demi-god... do you eat?"

"Demi god... i wouldn't go that far." She said, "I suppose i'm a cheat." She added, smiling at her own little joke. "Yes i eat, and drink, and needs for other things. Why does it confuse you? If you had that option would you not use it to the greatest ability?" She asked him, and sniffed the air for a little, there was definitely the smell of cooking meat on a fire in the air. "I take it you prefer the comfort of a mead hall to the wilds?"

"Complicated things like your existence have always confused me, honestly I still don't understand but who cares at this point. Let us find a place to rest for the night." Steinar replied "and yes I do prefer a mead hall, rejoicing with companions, ending the night with a fine women.... the wilderness does not offer those things"

"Complicated.." She repeated and just made her way through the snow, "The wilderness offers perhaps a little more than simply drink and a woman to fuck for the night." She rolled her shoulders before pointing in a random direction seemingly. "There is cooking meat deeper in the woods, or we can continue along the forest path and hopefully you will get your drink and your woman." She pulled the collar of her cloak up, her eyes reflecting the decreasing light like cats eyes, though it also made them look like gem stones.

"Yes I am aware the wilderness can offer more, but I also know what makes me happy, I am a simple man. Thats the way I like things simple." Steinar replied, though this complicated situation put him far out of his comfort zone that is for sure. Ylva question made him sigh "we should continue into the forest, people are most likely still looking for who made the ruckess in the woods. If it is just a random traveler we may attract.... anyways I already have one of those two things so lets just continue and find a cave. Right now I need to get back to 100% so I can challenge you again"

She sat down on the branch, and looked down at him before moving smoothly to her feet and travelling from tree to tree as if she were a leshin. "Cave should not be too hard to find." She said, and continued to move along, though stopping as the sound of a stream was becoming clearer. As she dropped out of the tree, she landed in the snow with a crunch and looked around, eventually spotting a cave. She waved Steinar over, before picking up a few sticks to make a fire in the mouth of it as she headed inside. The dying light, casting a dark blue colour over everything.

"Good, because we need shelter soon" Steinar replied. Steinar waited at the bottom of the tree as Ylva looked around though soon it seemed she was able to come down. "Fine then lets hurry to the cave." He replied following her into the cave. Once they where in the cave Steiner put some of this things down and began to patch up some of his wounds. Soon after that he headed out of the cave no saying word. Then 10 minutes later he cave back with a large elk over his shoulder. "Tonight we shall feast on this creature"

She looked over at the elk and simply gave him a nod as she arranged the wood in a cuboid shape so it would burn downwards. Eyeing the shape carefully, she traced her fingers over it as a glowing orange energy seeped off the ends of them, before swiping up and a flame began to burn the wood and move itself over the structure. The cave was nicely illuminated and the smoke wafted gently out of the mouth of the cave.

"Your a well trained mage.... I bet those tricks come in handy when your trying to fool people in battle" Stienar said as he watched Ylva work her magic on the fire. He then sat down and began to skin the elk so that they could roast it over the fire.

Back
Top Bottom