Oddities of Raira (1x1 with Jikkah)

There was a moment before the silence was broken. “Come in.” Well, she at least sounded well enough.

Makise sat in bed, her arm in a sling, and heavy bruising on her face. She looked at him when he entered. “Oh, you’re that guy from the other day.” She said it like they were having a nonchalant conversation, like he hadn’t just put her in the hospital. “If you’re looking for Izaya, he doesn’t come here. He finds hospitals boring.”

"Nah, some of your friends cornered me and asked me to bring your homework as well as apologize. I was already gonna, or Mika would wring my neck..." He answered before holding out the packet.

“Those guys..” She muttered to herself, taking the packet from Shizuo. “Thanks though, it really is boring here.” She set the packet on her lap.

“I appreciate you bringing me my homework.” She bowed her head to him. “You don’t have to stay, bringing me something to do is enough of an apology.” Strange, for someone who was dating a shitbag like Izaya, she was quite nice.

She gave a nod. “Sure, I don’t see why not.” She said, looking at him. He was a lot nicer than the first two times she had met him, pleasant almost.

Makise had a rather neutral expression, even when he came into her room, and even when he asked the question. “I don’t have any other choice really.” She answered simply.

She gave a shrug. “It can’t be helped, I didn’t really get to choose who my brother is.” Wait, brother? She wasn’t his girlfriend, but his sister?

“He’s my brother.” She said simply, just looking at him, she didn’t even seem shocked that he thought they were an item, how often did this happen?

She looked down at her homework packet, vision blurry in her left eye, it almost swollen shut. “You don’t have to, really.” She opened the first page, looking over the work she would have to finish. “Honestly, I don’t know how I feel about Izaya. He’s my brother, so I should love him, but I don’t. At the same time, he’s an abhorrent person, which means I should hate him, but I don’t.” She looked up at Shizuo again. “If I had to put it into words, I think I’m on the fence about my own brother; which is a little messed up.” She offered a soft smile, but it was somewhat pained, her bruised face making even smiling painful.

He nodded, finding her to be rather pleasant for being related to Izaya. "I get ya." He said, "I hate him but at the same time couldn't give less of a damn, you know?"

She gave a nod, understanding how he felt completely. “You shouldn’t have to worry about something like this happening again, Izaya was late, so he can walk home from now on.” She made a soft noise. “You can beat him all you like.”

He seemed to grin at that, "Cool. I plan on it." He replied before adjusting his bag, "Anyway, get better soon, I guess. I gotta high tail it or my brother will start asking questions."

She gave a nod and waved with her good arm. “Thanks for bringing me my homework.” She said again.

Life would go on as normal, Makise was released from the hospital, and Izaya would still be working at winning Ayane over.

Most days Ayane did her best to avoid him, but he would just end up finding her again. Sometimes she had to chase him off with pictures of her dog, which gave her a few hours to breathe before he came dancing back to her side. He was starting to wear her down and he could tell.

Back
Top Bottom