Oddities of Raira (1x1 with Jikkah)

“Ne, Hime-sama~?” He watched her from a few feet away as she ate her lunch. “Why don’t you meet me down town tonight, we can get dinner at a souba place~”

"Shizuo would rip you apart if he heard you asking me out." She said blandly, keeping her eyes on her phone; she was looking to see if she had an up close shot of Shigure to frighten Izaya away. Nothing. She had already almost shown him all she had, "Damn." She muttered.

“I’m not asking you out on a date, I’m asking you to come with me to the new souba place~” He moved away from his spot, and over to Ayane. “Just as friends~”

"You speak as if I have a choice and I know I don't..." She said before looking up at him, "Do you think they'll let me bring Gure?"

“No pets allowed.” His smile didn’t fade, had he researched the place before hand? More than likely. Regardless, Souba did sound good, and Izaya was more than likely not going to drop the subject until she said yes.

“Thank you, Hime-sama~ I look forward to meeting you tonight~” He stood, pushing his hands into his pockets and heading for the stairs.

“You always do~” Was all he answered, the door closing behind him and leaving Ayane all by herself.

Izaya was already gone, and in fact, it seemed like after walking through that door to the roof, he fell off the face of the planet. Ayane wouldn’t see him at all durning school for the rest of the day, even after school, he wasn’t waiting for her at the gates like he usually would.
”See you tonight ლ(´ڡ`ლ)“
The number was one she didn’t know, but she got a gut feeling it was Izaya.

"How in the holy goddamn did he get my number?" She muttered before she sighed heavily, "I still don't know if I should dress up or not."
Maybe getting gussied up for a soba joint wasn't a good idea; it wasn't like they were dating. She didn't bother looking too nice. That night she stood outside the restaurant dressed rather simply: tights with french bulldog "knee highs" with boots, black shorts and an over sized half tucked button up shirt. Her hair was pulled into a bun and she was looking into her pocket mirror to make sure her eyes and simple make up looked ok.

Five minutes would go by, then ten, then twenty. Izaya hadn’t actually given her a time to meet up with her, but surely he didn’t mean to show up later rather than sooner. When someone did stop in front of her, it was a familiar face- Shizuo.

"What are you doing here? You look depressed." He said. Ayane made a face.
"I was supposed to meet a friend here, but I suppose this is what being stood up feels like." She said before blocking the number Izaya messaged her from.

“Shizuo?” A familiar voice sounded behind Shizuo and Ayane, Makise standing just behind the two. Why was she all the way out here at this Souba shop?

"Oh, hey, uh...fuck, what was your name again?" Shizuo asked before he snapped his fingers, "Makise!"
"Isn't this the girl you put in the hospital?" Ayane asked. Shizuo made a face.
"Not on purpose..." He muttered

Makise waved her hand, other arm still in a cast and sling, but her bruises were already faded and yellow. “He already apologized, and to be fair, he was aiming for my brother.” She said; she too was no longer in school uniform, but a simple white blouse and a long black skirt with small white dots on it.

"Brother?" Ayane repeated.
"Yeah, turns out Izaya is her brother." Shizuo said. Ayane scowled lightly.
"So then do you know where he is?" She asked, sounding pissed. Not at Makise, though.

Makise shook her head, offering an apologetic smile. “By the sounds of it he asked you to come here or something along those lines, right?” She let out a sigh. “He just told me to come here; he wouldn’t let it go until I did, but he didn’t seem like he was going to go with me.”

"You were coming here to meet Izaya?!" Shizuo sounded livid and Ayane looked up at him.
"Because he wouldn't leave me alone unless I said I would!"
"Well, clearly he stood you up anyway, you should have stayed home!"
"I didn't want to be rude! And if I didn't show up, Makise would be standing out here by herself!" They shouted back and forth at each other, like the break up hadn't changed them.

“Ano..” Makise piped up through their screaming match. “We could just go inside and eat anyway?” She suggested. “We are here already, and I haven’t eaten dinner yet.”

Makise gave a nod and moved to the door, opening it and holding it open for the other two, it wasn’t exactly how she had planned her evening- or even seen it going for that matter- but it wasn’t too bad.

Once they sat down and started talking and eating, it became rather pleasant. Ayane was a very polite young woman while Shizuo slammed noodles in his face. It was like they had all been friends for years.

Makise was reserved, but she was a good listener and was kind. “Again, I’m sorry you ever got involved with my brother.” She said to Ayane.

Back
Top Bottom