Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Qwindallian (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

Griffin nodded and left him, the prison he was in was located in the capital city of Darcium, at the heart of Qwindalia, the place was well built and sturdy. Resting at the heart of the city was Military HQ where only those invited by Griffin himself, or the generals and tacticians would meet. That was where Bren had been summoned, and the place was like a fortress.

Bren walked into the large fortress that was headquarters. He was in his usual outfit as he walked through the halls for the meeting, though he hoped to run into Ruby along the way. He had been through there many times, though most of the time it has been as a colonel. Either way it didn't matter, he would do what he had to do.

Ruby was walking through the corridor with several pieces of paper resting in her hand as she was reading them. Her long silver hair tied into a pony tail that trailed down her spine, and a scar across her face. The only new thing was a pair of round glasses she wore for reading. It didn't overly effect her ability as a sniper but it irritated her a little none the less. She came to a stop as she almost bumped into someone and was about to side step. "Sor- Bren?"

Bren was facing the other direction as someone bumped into him, which made him quickly turn around. "Ruby!" He shouted wrapping his arms around her and giving her a deep loving kiss on the lips as he held her tightly. After a minute of just having his lips pressed against hers he finally broke the kiss. Though he didn't stop holding her "You look good with your hair up and in those glasses... if we didn't have a meeting to go to.... well you know what I would do"

Ruby hugged him back without much question before letting him go and looking over him, she had seen his gradual change over the years but seeing him in person was a little different. "Let me guess, you'd be taking me to somewhere private." She said to him before adjusting her glasses a little and smiled a little. "I... am happy to see you though." She told him and patted his shoulder a little before bringing him in for a second hug.

He chuckled at her question before replying "We can go someone where private later, we have business to attend to now. Though I do plan on spending the evening alone with you". At the second hug he couldn't help but give her another deep kiss. "Ruby... if things go well I and get out like I am suppose to... I wanted to makes things between us more.. how do I say permanent?" Bren asked Ruby.

Ruby let out a sigh before taking in a deep breath as she composed herself properly. "Later, we'll talk later after our meeting." She told him before she began to walk through the large amount of halls and winding corridors to get to the meeting room where they were told to meet with whomever Griffin had decided would be accompanying them on this rather secretive task.

He nodded at Ruby's response and said "Fair enough, let us go to the meeting" With that Bren walked with Ruby through the halls though he reached out and held onto her hand as they walked not willing to let go. "So do you know anything about this mission? I wasn't told much" Bren asked as they walked to the room.

Ruby shook her head as they walked before shrugging her shoulders, "All i have bene told is that it could potentially end the war." She said and turned a corner before getting into the meeting room. They were rather surprisingly the first people to arrive there. Ruby slipped into one of the softer chairs as she peered around the place, and slowly other members of the military began to trickle inside.

"Sounds like Griffin has something big planned huh?" Bren replied sitting down in the chair next to Ruby. Though as the other military members started to pour in he let go of Ruby's hand, knowing he had to still be professional.

"Mhm, certainly Captain." She said as people began to come in and take their seats, one by one filling in the room until Griffin himself marched in and took his seat at the head of the table. "Hello and good afternoon everyone, i'm sure you are wondering why i have called you all here. Well this could be a potentially lead to the end of the world." There was a definite murmuring as he talked about that, a few looking skeptical and a few looking intrigued.

As all the members came in and took their seats Bren just looked at him, not saying a word. Bren himself was skeptical, there had been so many times through the years people had mentioned "Ending the war", though none of it never came to be. Victory's yes, though no end in sight. He didn't know if Griffen was trying to just pump everyone up or actually being serious that he had a way to end the war. So for now he decided to just listen.

Griffin cocked his head to the side getting a general impression of the room. "I know most of you have heard this many a time before, but this time we are serious. There is to be an attack on the west side of the enemies border. Whilst that is happening a team of skilled individuals will invade the capital and take their HQ. In a nut shell that is the plan, of course there will be other items we will be going over in this meeting."

Ruby pushed her glasses up writing down a few things, her pen scribbling on the paper in front of her.

As Griffin continued to talk Bren made sure to listen to everything he was saying. Bren had a great memory, so instead of writing stuff down he just listened. Though occasional he would look over at Ruby, taking in her cute glasses look. Though most of the time his focus was on Griffin.

Ruby continued to write on in the meeting as he went through the plan, how this small force was actually made up of five hundred men. How each would be split off into smaller teams to quickly attack and destroy parts of the city, such as munition factories, food stores etc, once they were inside. Which was provided to them through the sewer line. There was a few more statements from a few of the captains before Griffin asked. "So... any questions?"

Bren listened to the plan carefully. Though at the end of it when Griffin asked if there was any questions Bren spoke up saying "After we cripple their supplies they will most likely be on full alert, that is why i assume we are moving through the sewers. Though once we all disappear it will be obvious we went underground, with their sewer lines being pre-made our movements will become very predictable making a counter attack easy. What are our plans for when that happens?

Griffin frowned as he stared at Bren, "We are not going to be disappearing Bren, once each objective is done we will be moving on to their HQ by any means, the sewers take us to our targets but not to our main location. All of the attacks will happen simultaneously otherwise, one branch will be alerted before the others."

"Oh so the sewers, then the targets, then HQ" Bren replied. Before leaning back in his chair and continuing to listen to the meeting. With that Bren tapped his glasses making sure to bring up recent notes on all that where in the room so he could catch up on any promotions or demotions.

With a nod and a few other questions they began to disperse, though there were a few left talking amongst themselves as they looked over their own notes. In terms of promotions there hadn't been a shift in too much. A few of the captains had been promoted and a few of the Colonels had been promoted as well for activities and duty.

As they dispersed Bren went with Ruby taking her hand once again. As they walked out Bren asked "So we need to talk, where do you want to go. I take it they gave my room to someone else, do you have somewhere private we can go to discuss things."

Ruby glanced over at him as she compiled her notes into a neat pile and squared them before letting out a slight sigh as she rolled her neck a little. The meeting seemingly to have gone on forever in her mind. "I have some quarters in HQ, nothing fancy just a bed and desk to work." She said to him as she stood back, the chair screeching against the floor as she moved away. "Come on.." She beckoned and began to walk out of the room and through the corridors.

He listed to her reply then nodded and said "As long as it is some where we can talk and be together than it is fine" As she asked him to come he got up and began to follow her through the corridors. "I am happy I can be with you now.... your visits are what got me through these last 2 years. I don't know what I would have done without you" He said to Ruby.

Ruby glanced over her shoulder before smiling as the scar across her face bent with the muscles in her face bending. She had never gotten it healed, keeping it as a reminder of the woman she was going to freaking behead. "I'm gad they helped to say the least." She said to him before opening the door and slipping inside, it was as she said, a single bed with a desk and a few stacks of paper. A bit of dust built up around the area. "I tend to stick with the squad they have grown as well. People have formed bonds... I'm sure they will be happy to see you back."

Seeing the scar on Ruby's face made him remember Serenity, how he had failed to see her true nature and how he had allowed her to impale him when he could have just given Ruby back up. It was a mistake he wouldn't make again. Once they walked inside the room Bren looked around seeing the dust built up, clear she hadn't used it much. He then sat down on the bed and smiled happy to be alone with Ruby again "That is good to hear, I am glad everyone is doing well. I will have to catch up with them. Though right now I want to focus on us... I know we haven't talk about us outside of bondmates... it is not something I wanted to discuss while in prison. Though now that I am close to getting out, I wanted to make things between us more official and permanent"

Ruby moved inside and closed the door making sure it was shut before turning around as he began to speak. She was listening as she sat on the other side of the bed before placing her hands on her lap as she raised an inquisitive eyebrow as he began to speak about making things more permanent. "Are you proposing to me?" She asked in a rather blunt way as she rested her hands into her pockets, a slight smirk forming on her face.

Back
Top Bottom