Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Qwindallian (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

Ruby panted as they laid in their bed. She stayed close to Bren as she rested her head against his chest, and took in a deep breath as she closed her eyes. Hoping at least he enjoyed it as well, she curled one of her legs over his to be that little bit closer as she wondered when was the next time they were going to be able to do something like this again. She sat up, with her long silver hair trailing down her back as she moved over Bren, staring into his eyes as she said. "Don't die..." She muttered, care in her voice as she trailed her hand along his cheek and leaned down to kiss his lips.

The next few days moved so fast. Their team was dispatched to the battlefield on Qwindalia's borders, the place was a war zone. Whatever grass land or trees had been there, had long since been destroyed and scattered to the wind as if it had never been there. The constant sound of shells being fired, and other mage units in aerial combat lingered over the entire field. Ruby sat in a previous bomb hole, in the battle field, her rifle leaning against her shoulder, as rain spat down onto her as she tried to get what little rest she could in the short time she had. Yet as with many others, that was something that would not happen. The sounds of war raging on around her. She shuddered before checking her pocket watch as it ticked along. Seven minutes, seven minutes until they would be sent out again to the opposing side. This time though... she had a plan and Bren... She swallowed before looking down. She had not seen him for a few days, since the shells began to fall, not knowing if he was okay or not. Shaking her head she snapped out of it, now was not the time to be acting like this. Now was the time for a solider.

Bren whispered back to Ruby and said "The same goes for you". Bren spent most of the time away from the battle field with the rest of the commanders. Sending orders out to his troops through small magical creatures. If one where to die he would have known. Though recently he had not been able to get to the front line where his troops where... that included Ruby. Though they had been ordered to hold back on there attack. Though in due time they would be running out. He didn't want to loose her to... so he decided to head out on his own. It wasn't just his troops but many troops on the front line had not received up to date orders. He had been given permission by the general to head out. So that is exactly what he did.

Four guards where sent with him. Though the guards who where with him had one job. To protect him at all cost, any cost. Using acceleration magic they began to run through the field, the four guards sent with him create shield and barriers in order to protect them from the on coming shells. It didn't take long for the barriers and shield to crack. Eventually taking out the front two guards. Then Eventually the back two leaving Bren to himself. Bren dodged and reflect as many shells as he could though the closer he got to the front lines the worse it got. Eventually a shell went off next to him and the sharpnel from it sliced his leg right open causing him to fall in the mud and then right into near by hole left by a large shell.

Ruby perked her head up as she heard shells being fired, taking Manu Dei she pulled the bolt back and locked it ready to fire before moving the rifle down as she heard movement before seeing it was. Bren. Widening her eyes she rushed towards him, and wrapped her arms around him. "My gods, what are you doing out here!" She yelled at him, after the brief moment of relief came over her that she was seeing him here. Her eyes quickly flicked over to his leg which she clamped her hand down on. If a little harshly to heal. Words could not express how relieved she was to see him though. "Sorry..."

She moved back before placing her hand up in a salute. "Sir, as a report. We are in a stalemate with the enemy as neither of us are gaining any ground. Our unit is currently in top position and have been receiving your orders, as well as my own to keep them alive. There have been injuries but no casualties." She finished before giving a little smile. "I hope you're out here with good news.."

"no don't apologize, please" Bren said smiling up at Ruby. Honestly he was nothing more then relieved to have Ruby near him again, let alone to feel her touch on him. Though like her had to be professional. The faster things went the faster he could get back to spending personal time with Ruby again. Though he couldn't help but have a bright smile on his face as he listened to Ruby give her report to him. Eventually he sat up, though he knew he couldn't move around to much he wanted to get in a better postion.

"Glad to hear everyone is alive... though I don't have good news. For the past couple days most of our messenger spirits have been destroyed on their way out due to the constant shelling. The attack that is suppose to take place moments from now has been canceled. The back up won't make it in time, anyone who takes part in the attack will most likely die." Bren replied.

Ruby moved back with a light squelch of the mud in the whole before taking her hat off and running a hand through her silver hair. "I see..." She muttered, and placed her hand under her chin as she thought for a moment. "What if we were to intervene as well...the team are working as one Unit and would be able to hold out for some time, this could give the opening we need for well." She craned her neck up to stare into the grey clouds as the rain drops continued to fall. "For one aerial bombardment from a few skilled shots." She uttered, before flinching as she looked over head as the whizz of an arcane shot being fired. Followed by a mighty bang, and crash.

Bren thought for a second about Ruby's suggestion and nodded "I think that would be for the best for the moment, though I will have to give commands from here. " With that Bren created a magic screen in front of himself that he began to write on. As he did spirit messengers began to come out that looked like rabbits. The quickly began to run out of the trench towards the other near by troops to inform them of the new plans. "They don't get destroyed as much when they don't have to travel across this entire field." Bren commented

Ruby bowed her head and waited a moment. "Understood." was all she said before standing up, and spreading her legs a little before she shot up into the sky. Disappearing above the grey clouds. Coming to a stop she looked as though she were balancing upon the tips of the grey cloud and took in a deep breath. Awaiting the instruction to go as she too her rifle and looked down the barrel.

Once he finished sending out the spirit messengers he made one last one. I bird and sent it high into the sky straight to Ruby. Though at the end of her message was a heart and a message saying I missed you. Though as soon it finished it enveloped her in a barrier that would protect her if need be.

Ruby stayed above the clouds before seeing the message at her and gave a small smile as she waited. Down below four of their unit was beginning to advance on the base, flying through the air. Firing their enchanted bullets out before having to duck under the responding attacks. Cracks of gunpowder being used and bullets leaving the rifles and other weapons moved out through the battlefield.

A crack of lighting shot over the battlefield and struck one of the members. With a gasp he began to fall into the mud with a sickening crunch and squelch, as much flew up over the field. The other three continued to shoot through the air trying to get to the base. Once they passed the barrier, catching the other soldier off guard. One reached to their vest and tore off a signal crystal and tossed it into the ground. As she did a beam of light shot up into the air piercing through the cloud. They turned and began to head back, but all three were shot down out of the air and left stranded near the base.

Ruby moved over to where the beam of light was. "Sir... permission to start aerial assault." She had no idea if anyone was still near the base. Just knowing where to aim her shot on the base.

As everyone began to advance Bren sent out Orders as he could to the commanding officers, he had a medic come and begin to nurse his leg as he did so hoping he would be able to join the battle soon. On the end end of the battle field the troops began to march forward. Tanks rolled over the mud on both sides shooting arcane bombs at one and other. Bright bombs exploded. At first one might think it was a beautiful display of fireworks and pyrotechnics. Though once all the colorful lights went away all that was left was red and death sprawled along the battlefield. Regardless of how breathtaking the display was, each bright sparkle was just another soul being lost.

Bren had set up a magic link with Ruby so he could hear her and replied "Permission granted, fire at will". With that Bren allowed Ruby and her squad to do what ever they wish. Soon the other squad members joined them in their assault. Their legion leading the charge to break the front line of the Northern boarder.

Ruby nodded once she received the all clear. Drawing her rifle back she knocked the but of it against her shoulder as she pulled the bolt back before slipping a bullet in with a click as she stared through the scope. She muttered a silent prayer to the God who she made the bargain with to gain her golden and black weapon of destruction and remembered the promise she had to make in order to keep it. As her prayer finished her long silver hair turned into a gleaming gold as energy spurred at the barrel of the weapon. Several magic circles appeared in front of it before she breathed out and squeezed the trigger. With the loudest bang the bullet shot out of her rifle, a gleaming golden source of energy as it shot down into the opposing front and landed. There was a large explosion that errupted out of it engulfing the base in a display of sheer destructive power as the clouds remained there for a while longer after the initial explosion. Flipping the bolt back the empty shell tinked out of her rifle and fell beneath the clouds Ruby was standing on.

As Ruby's magic came crashing down on the enemy, causing the ground itself to ruble. Many enemy troops and even tanks where caught up in the blast. Once the smoke and lights had finally disappeared a crater was left in the ground where Ruby had fired. At the first the Enemy troops seem to Hesitate advancing forward. Though eventually they continued forward, changing their formation so they could circle around the crater or use it for cover. Though now all the anti-air guns where focused on Ruby, firing wildly into the sky at her. Bren then made an order for their ranged soldiers to focus on the Anti-air artillery so that Ruby could continue her assault from the sky.

Several soldiers shot up into the air to protect Ruby as they held up magical barriers that soon began to crack under the constant bombardment of explosions and attacks. Gritting their teeth one moved away to start shooting the anti-air shells but some still got through. Ruby loaded another shell before snapping the bolt back down and aimed again, another time, and another each time the empty shell coming out of the rifle and fall beneath the clouds. Each time her golden bullets firing down through the cloud of smoke and smog down to strike the ground. Each time and explosion that erupted out of the ground and engulfed the area in fire and destruction leaving but a crater down. Each time she fired her hair turned more golden until it was glowing like the sun itself above the black clouds below. Finally she loaded one another shell. "God of War, i send these poor souls to you for their display on this field. I have deemed them unworthy to continue in this battle and hereby remove them from the field. If you would grant me the power required for the task." She squeezed the trigger once more as particles of every coloured sucked into the barrel of the gun before the bullet shot out, coated in a powerful magical field as it glowed and pulsed with every colour imaginable. Shooting down through the clouds before striking the ground onto the first crater.

It was a blinding flash of light before the heat and deafening bang of the shot echoed over the field. A column and pulse of fire heading out over the enemies camp. Leaving the circular dome of ash and smoke lingering around them for longer. The end of Ruby's rifle was smoking and with a click, the shell that was next to melted was rejected by her weapon and discarded to the aether as it disintegrated in the air. The golden haired soldier could see the explosion through the clouds and the heat of the explosion before looking down at the other two and gestured for them to head back to the ground. She stayed for a little bit longer and muttered. "Amen."

Bren continued to work, commanding the troops and doing his best to make sure Ruby had the support she needed. Eventually the other army began to respond accordingly, Spreading their barrier corps along the front line to block or either lessen the impact that Ruby was having on the battlefield. Though they where not ready for the mighty blast that was about to come. Though something strange was happening on the battle field. Some of the soldiers who's bodies had been mangled where coming back to life. Missing organs and skin reforming, along with all sorts of flesh and bone. As reports began to come in of this Bren began to shake and tremble. There is only one thing he knew that could have that kind of effect... and the person who had it should be dead.

As the explosion range out through the battlefield, many soldiers and tanks where caught up in it. Many had stopped in their firing just to brace themselves from the oncoming shock wave and the tremors that followed the blast. Though as soon as Ruby said amen a voice said from behind "So your Bren's new woman huh?". With that a Blonde with long hair swung a staff at Ruby's head. She had magic wings on her that allowed her to fly. With her where 5 troops with magic wings as well that began to fight those who where up guarding Ruby.

Ruby was about to sling her weapon over her shoulder before there was a crack in her head and she was sent skittering across the clouds, her head buzzing and her vision blurry from the blow to it. Her hair that was gold, began to revert back to silver as she shook her head, just about catching the sight of her hat plummeting beneath the clouds. Looking up with she saw the woman and the people there. Staff in hand, she knew who that was. "Well when you 'died' protocol says a new partner had to be chosen." She responded, hoping her ears would stop ringing at this moment. Reaching to her side, her hand rested upon her sabre. "I would ask how you are still alive, but i think the better question is why you're fighting with the enemy of Qwindalia when the one you supposedly cared for is down on that battlefield." A small grin formed on her face, as her silver hair and long coat billowed in the wind. "Or i suppose you just didn't care at all."

An order came out of the sky as a voice that commanded power, and respect shook through the battlefield. "This is High General Griffin. To all solider still on the field engage in the enemy aim for the head or tear them apart, Bren you made a deal with Death use it." It seemed the orders were coming directly to each individual soldier, as the Leader of Qwindalia spoke to them all. High General Jack Griffin. He might as well have been titled King of the country.

Last edited:
The woman flew after Ruby listening to her words before saying "As you guess I am Serenity and by the way your countries protocol is shit! That is why I was able to rise through your ranks so quickly." Now the blonde woman floated across from her "I can feel his magic coming from you, and don't use the word cared for it seems you already know I never gave a shit about that man. All I had to do was act like a sweet caring woman, get on his lap when he wanted me to and hug him when he needed someone. It was easy to take advantage of a man like him... though I will admit he did know how to fuck. Though other than that your man is completely useless. Just like you are, so prepare to die" With that Serenity charge Ruby using her staff like a spear.

Bren heard the Generals orders but soon he felt Serenity's magic in the sky. near where Ruby was. He couldn't focus he had to see if she was really up there. As he flew up into the air Bren saw Serenity charging Ruby and got in-between them and yelled "STOP SERENITY!". Though the blonde girl just smiled and instead shoved her spear right through Bren impaling him with her spear. "Oh Bren, for such a smart man you do such stupid things" Serenity said as she pulled her staff out of him causing blood to go everywhere. All Bren could say is "Why...." before he began to fall out of the sky, rushing quickly towards the ground.

Name: Serenity
Height: 5'7
Race: Human
Appearance: Image

Ruby not being the one to be insulted was already darting towards her through the skies before Bren got in the way. She stared for a moment as he began to fall. 'He'll be fine.' She told herself just to drag her body to move and whip around before raising her sabre high up and went to slash at Serenity's neck to attempt and cleave her head off. "Useless, clearly you haven't met me yet darling! Please allow us to take a moment to get to know each other." She added, sounding unlike her usual calm self as that grin spread on her face once more, at the rush of battle the thrill of the moment. 'He can make it.'

As Bren was falling it would be as if time was slowing down for him, before a familiar figure appeared in front of him. The area around him turning a dark purple, as a large muscular undead form appeared before him. "You know, being stabbed by your ex lover is a crappy way to go for my champion. Seems that gun came in right useful." Baba the god of death said, as he appeared as an image to the falling soldier. "So... do you plan on joinin' me just yet?" He asked, leaning his head closer for his glowing eyes to stare into Bren's. "Or perhaps another deal can be made..."

"Yes lets get to know each other, though I can tell already you don't consider him your man. Letting poor Bren fall to his death, I like you though. Leaving his life up to chance just so you can fight me. I guess Bren is cursed to be with women who don't care about him" Serenity said taunting Ruby before charging at her blasting magic bolts out of one hand while she charged with her spear in the other.

"Yeah seems like a fitting end doesn't it? After the thousands of innocence you made me kill just to have this gun.... I would almost call it justice." Bren replied to Baba. He then replied to Baba's next statement "I never planned on joining you ever... though neither did those you made me kill... I was a stupid child to let you guide me down such a dark path... " He then laughed and said "What kind of deal? any deal with you surely has a very high price"

Ruby cocked her head to the side as she swiped her sword to the side as her white tiger, Schneegeist formed and batted her magic away preventing it from hitting his master. "I trust in his ability. However yours... so much for love." She added as she pointed her sabre towards her, yet quickly went to parry her spear to the side and then glide to the side before going to stab her sword through her shoulder provided she has an opening.

Baba began to laugh at the man as he spoke before shaking his head. "Hahahaha like at one point ya didn't enjoy the fact that you held the power above your fellow man." He said as he grabbed Bren by his coat to drag him closer to his face, his hair flowing like spectral energy. "We all die eventually dear Bren. I just gave ya that little nudge you needed to start you off." He laughed again though as he floated back before crossing his legs. Despite being a spirit he maintained some physical presence in this world outside of the rift. "Hmm, well for denying you death from that wound that girl of the Love goddess gave ya." He cackled again before his bone like fingers tacked together as he thought. "I will take your first born child for myself and make them my own... that be my price to you." He told him as he traced a hand along one of his tusks.

"Your trust is misplace in that man, he is a murderer. I am sure you heard rumors about him in the rift as I did, the red child? the teenager who murdered all those children? Same man" Serenity replied before spinning her parried staff, deflecting her sword and taking another swing at her though this time using the sharpened edge of her spear in attempt to slice Ruby's face. Serenity strength wasn't in ranged combat but close combat.

Bren growled back at his first reponse "Of course when I was young and stupid! I didn't know what I was doing! I just followed your orders thinking it was the will of the gods!" As Baba pulled him closer Bren Just glared right into the God of Deaths eyes showing no fear at all "By push you mean used me as your instrument of death.... yeah you played me good that was for sure." Though soon it seemed Baba was offering him a deal, which made Bren laugh "I would rather die now then give my first born to you Baba!"

Ruby dodged back, but felt a sting on her face from the slash that ran over it. Quickly moving her hand up she wiped the blood away from the cut across her face. "We've all killed people in this war. You're an ignorant fool if you think you are clean of that act. Men women, children, animals. It's all the same in the end." She rolled her head around before smirking a little. "If you're really working for the enemy." Her tongue ran out and she tasted the iron of her own blood before chuckling. "I think i'll be taking a new toy off this battlefield." She held her sword out before a circle of blades began to appear around them, all identical to the one in her hand. "I think your God is most displeased with you." She added before like a conductor began to send the swords towards her, they homed in like bullets each one aiming to pierce a part of this little witches body.

Baba cocked his head to his side with a clack of bone. "We both know ya weren't stupid. You could have turned away, found someone else to give you a weapon, but ya decided to stay with little Baba." He added before laughing back at Bren. "You're going to be dying either way, at this rate. Do you really want to leave that girl up there who is fighting for you? Thinking you'll be fine, upholdin' that promise ya made to her." He added as his eyes flared up with the spectral energy seeping out of them. "If you die, you don't have a choice but to come and work with Baba, you're soul is... mine thanks to that gun of yours."

"That is what I hate about people like you. You don't see a difference between slaughtering a group of school children and people on the battlefield." She repsonded to Ruby before continuing their fight with one and other. "You know nothing of my God, I merely use love as my weapon as well. It worked well in manipulating Bren, and getting plenty of high class information that is for sure". Though soon it seemed Ruby had other idea's, as swords began to fly at her from every direction. Though she didn't dodge, instead she let the swords piece her body as she charged Ruby, only protecting her head.

After Listened to Baba ramble on Bren turned to him and said "Oh just shut up already! We both know I am going to have to spend the rest of eternity with you. You can ramble on to me then. At least give me the last few seconds before I have to see you again with some god damn silence. Then we can be chat buddies for the rest of eternity if you want." Though Soon Captain Barns came out of no where and caught Bren as he was falling. "Sir, looks like your slacking. How uncharacteristic of you" He told Bren. "Just shut up and get me to a nurse" Bren replied to him.

Baba grinned before fading away.

Ruby spun her sabre around as she narrowed her eyes. "A life is a life... you're robbing it of someone either way. Today i'm taking yours." She said simply as she spun the sabre around once more and raising it up to the sky as the swords in her shot out so she slid to the side as she was protecting her head and smirked a little. "For treason against Qwindalia." She added the blood from the cut she received earlier was still seeping out of her wound but not as much as before. Darting back she moved the sabre into her sheath and pulled out her rifle reloading it but giving an opening as she had to take time to slip the shell into the gun.

"Simple minded as usual you Qwindalia fools!" she said before continuing her fight with Ruby. Though soon a flare went off in the distance on the enemy side of the battle. A large yellow flare. Which made Serenity scuff. "Looks like out fight is over for now Ruby, I hope Bren Doesn't mind his new girl having an ugly scar on her face." With that Serenity turned around and let off a large ball of light that would surely blind anyone near. She then began to fly away pulling Ruby's swords out of her body.

Bren was now being treated by multiple nurses for his wounds as the rest of the enemy forces where in full retreat.

Ruby shielded her eyes as the flash of light blinded her for a moment. She grunted before lowering her arm, and seeing a crimson stain on it. "What a bitch..." She muttered and began to sink beneath the clouds before she landed upon the dirt and stared as the enemy was retreating. Looking around she couldn't find a trace of her hat. Sighing she began to head back to see Bren, being directed by nurses and doctors she soon came across him and moved over to his side once everyone was done.

Back
Top Bottom