Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Princess and The Prince of Men (Ezra and Johnizbeast)

Midir tilted her head at him before letting out a low chuckle and beat her wings once before shooting up into the sky without much need of a build up. "You're a sweet talker aren't you.." She muttered, as she soared through the clouds, her red mane flapping a little on the wind, and the beginning drops of rain began to drop onto them. She just continued on as it rained, her large wings beating down now and again to remain airborne.

"Your the first person to tell me that actually, maybe its just because of you I can talk this way now" Obsidian replied laying into her beautiful red main and just relaxing in it. "Your so soft Midir" He told her as he laid on the main that went down her back gently stroking it. Though as it began to rain Obsidian put a barrier above them so she could fly without being rain on. It was the least he could do in order to stop Midir from getting poured on. It was a small favor that didn't take up much magic so it wasn't a problem.

Midir cocked her head to the side before shaking her head like a dog to get the rain off it. "Just remember i am a dragon." She chuckled, causing her chest to vibrate slightly from it. The ground beneath them was zooming beneath them as she flew, just a blur of greens, towns and other things. By the time a town could register what they saw it was gone, and people would think it was merely a trick of the mind. As she continued to fly along the green began to turn grey into black sand and then mountains, tall mountains taller than anyone could imagine or traverse.

"I know your a dragon but your also my fiance. So let me at least do something little like keep you dry" Obsidian replied letting her know that he was serious about it. As they flew by he just took in the sights. He had flown on his own wings so many times though this was the first time he had ridden on someone else wings. It was an awesome experience, and Obsidian was having a blast. Though as they made they where to the grey rocks he began to think about all the times he had came here, and all those he had killed every time he did.

She took in a deep breath before raising higher than the mountains could, and soon after another hour or two they reached the sky pillars. Mountains that rose and pierced the heavens of the clouds. She gripped onto the rocks, her claws digging into the stone before pushing herself up, beating her wings heavily as she continued to rise up into the sky, further and further, higher and higher.

As they climbed up the mountain Obsidian held on tight, though he couldn't held but realize it looked as if Midir may be struggling a bit so he asked her "Hey Darling? Do you need any help? I am sure I have a couple spells that can help you out". He gently rubbed her back waiting to here her response. It is not that he thought she couldn't do it, but seeing her struggle and put forth so much effort made him want to help. Obsidian did love her after all.

She gave him a slight nod. "Would be helpful thank you." She growled, it would most likely be getting harder to breath the further up they rose. Of course the temperature would drastically be plummeting, the rain turning into large flecks of snow as they continued higher and higher. Soon though she got to the peak, resting on it for a moment or two she then dived off of the other side, shooting down further on the other side of the sky pillars. She knew that the true empire was close now. It wasn't far now.

Obsidian nodded and used his magic to create large gust of wind below them so when ever she flapped her wings they would be lifted mores so up into the air. He also infused magic into her arms so she would have more strength to climb. Then as the snow turned into rain he made sure to shield them from the snow, and even used spells to create more oxygen for them to breath. Once they got to the top he made sure to give Midir more magic to help her re-energize faster. He looked at the two sky pillars and said "So is this it?" not knowing how close or far away they really where.

"No that is just the border." She muttered before spreading her wings as they glided over the land, the black sand turning into emerald green grass and lands filled with larger animals than any that would be in his kingdom, and some creatures he probably would have never seen before. There weren't any buildings to be seen for now but the land was potent in magic. "We're in the empire now." She told him as she continued to fly, soon enough as they passed large dome like buildings with holes in the roofs to allow quick flights out. It was just simple lands and houses that seemed to be made from melted stone. "We won't be getting to the main city till late tomorrow."

Obsidian replied "Alright then, I don't know much about your kingdom so I will look to you for guidance darling". With that they entered what seemed like a another world. Giant beast roamed the lands, some looked like larger versions of animals he had seen before. Other where completely new to him, all that Obsidian could say was "wow... amazing." Pretty seemed it seemed they entered a large dome. The inside was a city, a dragon city. He then turned to Midir who was now talking to him and said "Alright that sounds good, I take it we will rest here for a bit."

"That there is ember forge farm." She said nodding towards the stone construct and then flew higher to avoid a few of the giants that began to cross the lands. "It is owned by Storm Giants, you ever seen a storm giant before?" She asked him, happy that he seemed to like the place. "This land is filled with magic... but there's always more than just the edge of the world."

"Oh cool, so you dragons farm embers huh? and no I have never seen a storm giant, only herd about them in legends and stories" He replied to Midir with a smiled. "Yes I can feel the magic coursing through even my body, honestly it is nice finding new things to explore, you really know how to show me wondrous new things don't you Midir? then again I would expect nothing less from the woman I choose to be wife"

"I believe i proposed to you." She stated with a slight laugh before shaking her head, "No no it doesn't farm embers, it is just the name of the place." She added and nodded over to large hulking people of grey/blue skin and snow white hair and beards. "Those there are storm giants, and they heard Grambi's, large stag like creatures that mainly eat smaller animals." She told him as she beat her wings again.

Obsidian chuckled and replied "Your right you are the one who proposed but I did say yes" He then listed to her story about the name of the town they where in and about the storm giants. "Well yes of course I see them, how could I miss them?" He replied waiving to one of them of as they passed by. "So are the storm giants under the reign of the dragon empire or are they independent?"

"Pretty much everything here is under the rule of the empire." She told him and rose a little higher as she glanced down at the giants that they passed and soon the farm was getting smaller and smaller the further they traveled away. For a long time there was nothing but grasslands and forest beneath them. Thankfully in the vast landmass Midir seemed to know which way was the best way to go.

"I thought so, I just wanted to ask" He replied. As they took off once again Obsidian laid forward on Midir back just rested in her soft main that went along her back. He then said "Your main is so soft... I hope you don't mind if I rest on your back for a bit"

She bowed her head a little, "Sure feel free." She commented and glanced down at the ground that was rushing by them before a lake came by. After that she beat her wings and began to land, and did so with a large crash. She shook her head before approaching the lake and began to drink deeply from it.

Obsidian smiled and said "thank you very much Midir" With that Obsidian closed his eyes and began to fall asleep, he did wake up a bit as she landed on the ground. Though as Midir began to drink he quickly fell asleep in her wonderful soft red mane. Though he made sure to put up a barrier a so that if anything came close to them he would know.

"Hey wake up you." Midir said, now back in her human form, with a long simple cloth being held in front of her chest to keep her form covered. "Come on if you sleep any longer you won't sleep at night." She told him with a soft smile before pecking his forehead. They were situated in a little cave overlooking another grassy plain, the night sky was coming up and the sky was decorated with a glorious display of purples and oranges, and a few flecks of whites of the stars showing through. Midir moved away to rest her back on the stone mouth of the cave. "Sleep well?"

At the sound of Midir's voice Obsidian woke up and eyes saying "Yes, Yes of course I will wake up but I need a good ki..." Though before he could finish Midir had already given him a peck on the forehead. At that Obsidian just smiled and got up and stretched "You read my mind with that kiss and yes I had a wonderful nap beautiful" Obsidian replied before wrapping his arms around Midir and kissing her deeply.

She blinked as he kissed her deeply before she moved back a little and gave a little smile. "Come on now what brought that on.." She muttered and poked his shoulder gently with a smile. She adjusted the cloth she was using to cover herself and looked over the field for a moment, her red hair falling in her face from a backlash of a breeze. "First impressions of the land though?"

Obsidian chuckled at her question then replied "I think you know full well that you brought that on darling". Obsidian then looked out of the cave at the wonderful night sky. All the colors, stars and everything else that lay before him. It was almost as if god had done his best to paint a beautiful picture, with the night sky as his canvas. "My First impression, your home is beautiful Midir. Thank you for showing it to me"

Midir smiled at him before bowing her head, "Thank you for the kind words." She stated before leaning back against the stone mouth of the cave. She closed her eyes and began to relax whilst she could, it would be a long flight tomorrow and rest was something that was needed. "We should get to the main city within the empire tomorrow, maybe late tomorrow depending on the Dragons that we come across."

As Midir bowed Obsidian stepped forward and put his hand on her chin bringing her head up "Your welcome but you never have to bow to me" He then gave Midir a peck on the lips. After that he listened to what Midir said before replying "Okay then why don't you get some rest, would you like to use my lap as a pillow why you tell me about the types of dragons we could come across?"

Midir tilted her head a little at him before chuckling and placed a hand on his chest to push him off. "Don't flatter yourself i wasn't bowing to you, i was just lowering my head." She said with a chuckle before tilting her head to the side, "if anything you should be bowing to me, i'm going to be inheriting the bigger landmass here." She added and then nudged him with a toe. "A lot of dragons though... as for types, it depends." She added, "Guards are going to be bigger regular ones vary it can be any an all types really."

Back
Top Bottom