Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Princess and The Prince of Men (Ezra and Johnizbeast)

Johnthebeast

The Breeding Beast
Supporter
Title: The Dragon Princess and The Prince of Men (Ezra and Johnizbeast)
Post by: Ezralora on January 18, 2018, 06:30:36 am

In this world, there has as seems to be in most conflict between most races. The humans fighting against the dragons. Dragons are creatures with tough scales harder than any stone, and possess many magical abilities and destructive potential, they are considered Arch Demons in this world. To kill one was no small task, and only few possessed the title of Dragon Slayer. Slowly however the war faded into the background and people began to progress and develop. That was until the 14th of Winder in the middle of a snowy night a red comet crashed into the castle court yard igniting the area around them, and in the centre was a large white scaled dragon with red scales flecked around it and wings, though the guards were caught off guard as the creature slowly changed into a woman with flaming red hair, and nothing but a necklace on her neck, with a red stone like egg attached to the end.

Dragons cannot change into people, that is what everyone knew of them yet here one changed before their eyes. It was impossible. Wasting no time the creature was taken to the holding cells to be questioned and tortured, this went on for three days and four nights, yet on the forth a loud crash shook the castle and the beast was gone.

The Prince who had earned the title of dragon slayer was sent by his father to recapture this beast. Heading out he encountered trouble with lesser demons in the bleak forest, before they could land the finishing blow there was a flurry of red and white, he just had enough time to look up and see the dragon flying towards Dun Crag, a ruined fort. Heading there, wanting to know why she saved his life and more. Will these two develop a bond and be able to patch up a waring race? Time will tell.

Characters:

Name: Midir (https://img00.deviantart.net/7ec5/i/2017/034/b/2/fairy_tail___irene_human_form_by_sharknex01-daxskw8.png)
Midir Dragon Form (https://img00.deviantart.net/8a51/i/2017/022/5/1/irene_by_claudiadragneel-dawdiog.png)

Race: Dragon

Height: 5ft 9/6ft

Body Type: Voluptuous - Gargantuan Dragon

Background: Midir comes from a long line of dragons known across the world. Being labelled as an Arch Demon from birth isn't something that she took to easily, she understood that dragons were considered the most dangerous creatures on the planet, but at the same time it was hard to believe that the people she considered parents were labelled as Monsters of the world. She had heard stories passed around of a pale drake that had killed hundreds of thousands of people, laid kingdoms to waste and leaving nothing but ash in its wake. She couldn't let that be what Dragons lived as, to be registered as. Eventually she did the impossible and took the form of a human, yet it was for reasons unknown that she was cast out, a red ball of fire shooting down from the heavens, just to be captured by one of the last kingdoms of Man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Obsidian Elatha (https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1077408)
Race: Human/Angel
Height: 7'0
Weight: 220
Body type: Wide muscular frame
Dick size: 10 inches

Background: Obsidian was born as a prince to the Twilight Kingdom. His was raised to be a dragon slayer, and is the strongest fighter in his kingdom. One day he knows it will be his duty to lead his kingdom just like his father. He is charismatic, strong, brave not yielding to any foe no matter how strong. He is also a powerful battle mage, using magic he is able to increase his battle skills 10 fold. Now he has set out to slay or retrieve a dragon who has fallen onto the earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold was this particular night, as snow had been whipped up by the freezing air and spread over the forest surrounding the abandoned fort of Dun Crag, the wind, whilst normally causing the leaves of trees to ripple and shine on the moonlight; were unable to move due to being incased in thick snow. Dun Crag, what once had been a well known fort of the human empire, an outpost to keep an eye out for Dragons heading towards them, was now but ruins. A large section of the construction had been destroyed, almost like it had just simply been crushed, yet now it served as this dragons temporary residence.

Midir was there in rags that she had somehow managed to scrounge up in her breakout and was huddled near the fire in the centre of the ruins, trying stay in the most shielded part of the construct. She looked tired, her red hair a mess and her dark eyes scanning the flames with intrigue as the embers rose up in front of her. Midir seemed to be in a crouched position, her bare feet close together as she balanced there, her knees covering her chest, just trying to stay as close as possible to the flames.

Obsidian's horse was trekking through the snow near an old outpost. He was sent out to find and destroy a dragon, and if necessary capture from the other empire that had it. The snow was heavy and he had been using his magic to keep himself warm along with his horse. Though he was getting tired and hungry. Luckily it seems like the old out post had been abandoned. So he decided this would be a good place to stop and take it easy for the night. Though as he began to get close to the outpost he noticed some light coming from the inside of the center building. So Obsidian decided to investigate. Maybe if he was lucky there where still some people living her and he could find refuge with them in exchange for some goods or currency.

Though once he got in he saw what looked to be a red haired human woman with rags by a fire. A frown came over his face, he felt bad for the woman not really knowing much. Though he life must not be looking up if she was stuck in a place like this all alone. Obsidian then got off of his horse and said "Hello there! I am a traveler on a journey. I have some food in my supplies. If you don't mind me staying here for the night I would be happy to share it with you."

Midir glanced around rapidly to see where the voice was coming from around the ruins, as the wind howled through the cracks of the place, and bit into her skin causing her to shudder. Though as she saw the man, she knew who he was. She had seen him a few times behind the cell, or when she was being moved. Gripping her arm slightly she shuffled a little more, so the fire was between her and this man. As he spoke though she realised that he hadn't figured out who she was yet, or he had he was hiding it very well. She rubbed the back of her head for a moment and adjusted the rags around her.

Though as he moved closer she clutched the red egg shaped stone on the necklace before taking another few shuffles away. "It's fine really.." She muttered and looked around the place, how did he find her so quickly? She shouldn't have stopped to help him, it was foolish of her. Cursing herself silently she kept her gaze upon him.

Obsidian was walking over when he released who it actually was. He had seen her face before. That made him quickly draw his sword. Though a gust a wind blew as the winter storm outside began to rage even harder. Obsidian then sighed and said "Your coming back with me but not in this weather... for now we will rest here until the snow passes. Though once it does I am taking you back to my kingdom. Not the one we where originally in."

Obsidian then put up a barrier around the place so she couldn't run away.

Midir narrowed her eyes at him as he drew his sword. "You're really going to threaten me here?" She asked him not moving an inch just yet, there was a fair bit of bitterness in her voice before she scoffed and looked to the side. "Why did i even bother.." She muttered before looking into the fire, the flames dancing in her eyes for a second or two.

"You have your own kingdom?" She asked almost slightly surprised to hear that, there was definitely a tone of curiosity about it, before she looked over her shoulder into the storm. It just seemed to be getting worse and worse, as the winds raged on taking up the snow and sending them about as if they were daggers made of ice. "Hmm..." She shook her head and tossed one of the few bits of wood onto the fire.

"Yes I am, you think just because your a dragon you can do what ever your want your wrong" Obsidian told her, he then heard her response and said "I don't know why you did either girl". He then walked over to his horse and took out a fur coat and walked over to her.

"Yeah I am a prince. Though they wanted a strong warrior who was capable of taking down a dragon so they send for me to visit." Obsidian replied to her. He then tossed the fur coat over to her. "put it on, your features are distracting me, also consider it a thank you for helping me in the forest"

"Think that i can do what i want.." She chuckled before the coat was tossed onto her. Standing up she wrapped it around herself before looking in his direction. "You know it's a little more complicated than that, you thick skulled.. human." She nodded a little as if satisfied that her insult was good enough, despite the hesitation in it. She may look angry but she had a thing about her, as if she hadn't been able to talk to many people.

"It's not like we've asked to be hated or anything, this war began over a dumb... a dumb accident." She was referring to ancient history where a pale dragon had slaughtered a whole city for an unknown reason, and that started the war between the two races. "We're not the only beings to blame for this." Though as he said her features were distracting she blushed a little before looking to the side. "Shut up." She hugged the coat closer to her before crouching down nearer the fire, her red hair trailing down her back as she balanced on her toes.

"Say what you want but if you try something I will kill you" Obsidian said. He then pulled a dead deer off the back of his horse and threw it by the fire. "What ever, you say. Though the fact is many humans have been slaughtered by dragons since then. Maybe it was for war, but that doesn't console the families of the dead. Anyways you don't accidentally slaughter an entire village or innocent people. What is that a dragon thing. Oops looks like I accidentally killed a bunch of innocent people, but hey it was accident I am sure everyone will understand." Obsidian replied to her while shaking his head.

He then used his magic to make the fire stronger. "Looks like I made a dragon blush, never thought I would be able to do that. Anyways lets split this deer, don't know it you eat it raw or roasted but have at it".

"Well no dragon can take a human form... and yes there might have been families lost, but those come from both sides." She narrowed her eyes a little, "Oh a dragonslayer being high on his perch how predictable." She mused before moving a bit more around the fire. "We don't know what happened then.." She said quietly the fur covering her legs as she remains crouched down. She really wanted to just hit him, but even if he was a dragon slayer a hit from her would most likely break something.

She glanced over at the deer and shook her head, "Keep it for yourself." She didn't feel like sharing anything with him right now, let alone this. He just insulted her kind, her.

"no dragon can take human form but here you are" Obsidian said. "You know nothing about me dragon woman, so don't patronize me." He then laughed when she said she didn't know what happened "Oh how fortunate for the dragons, don't remember much about you slaughtered my people? I wish our memory was as convenient as yours."

He chuckled and said "What ever suite yourself. I guess I will leave the other half to rot". Obsidian then began to take pieces of the deer, skin in then roast it over the fire.

"And you know nothing about me!" She retorted back to him and just shook her head before rising and heading over to be away from him. Just somewhere in the corner of the fort away from the fire. She wrapped the furs around herself tighter and huddled into herself glancing out to see the storm still raging on outside. It was almost breath taking it if wouldn't be effecting her so much, she wanted to just get out of here as quickly as possible. But she couldn't move out due to the ward.

"your right I know nothing about you Dragon. Though once I get you back to my kingdom we will continue your interrogation and find out everything about you" Obsidian replied. He then took out a bed roll and laid it down on the floor before tossing another one over to the girl. "You roll it out and sleep on it." He said to her before laying down in the bed and unsummoning his armor. He then fell asleep knowing the ward would not go away while he slept.

"What makes you think i'm even going to be going with you... what makes you think i'm even going to be going back.." She sighed before glancing at him as he began to fall asleep and shook her head, "What the heck.." She muttered under her breath as she continued to watch the storm rage on outside, the snow beginning to whir up like a dust cloud but not get passed the ward. She took in a deep breath and held her hand out for a moment, and waited as animals began to come around the ruins outside, just in view. Smiling a little she moved closer towards the ward and looked at them through it. Just watching them move around and act on this cold winter's night.

As Obsidian slept he dreamed of the past. His first mission at 10 years old. An entire village lay in flames and fire. As he moved through the rumble looking for survivors he found two, a female dragon holding her newborn close as she bled out. She could barely move, but with what she had she tried to protect it by hiding the baby dragon in her arms. Though she realized He had seen it and whispered "Just let my baby live please... take me instead". Obsidian stepped back and tripped on the ruble his helmet falling off. He then began to say "No... No... No...." Then he screamed.

He then shoot up from his bed roll in the night and continued to scream though after a couple seconds he realized it was just a dream and he was back inside the ruins with the dragon girl. He got up from his bed roll and stumbled over to his horse and took off his waterskin and began to drink from it hands shaking and in a cold sweat. He was breathing heavy and fast, still shaken from the dream. He then turned to the dragon woman and said "What are you looking at?"

Midir looked over her shoulder before raising an eyebrow. "What brought that nightmare on?" it didn't take a genius to figure out what he had just had, and she furrowed her brow slightly and just gestured to the animals that had gathered around. "Entertaining myself through the evening." She turned her head back to them and shook her head as she moved back, the animals then shuddered before scampering away.

"So tell me oh grand dragon slayer, when was the first time you killed a dragon?" She asked him folding her arms as she narrowed them at her, her dark eyes oddly seeming threatening as if reflecting the demon that lies beneath the human face that is being presented to him.

"Its what most warriors dream of, the souls of those we killed. They come back to haunt us at night...." Obsidian said, he then shook his head before turning to her. "Anyways I am sure you could care less." Obsidian said trying to stop himself from shaking as he made his way back to the bed roll.

Obsidian then laid down in bed roll he heard he next question and replied "When I was 10, for the past 16 years that is how I have lived my life.... killing your kin."

"You hold yourself in such pride saying that.." She muttered and laid down, resting her hand behind her head as she stared up at the ceiling of the fort. "There's nothing to be taken away by taking a life, be it dragon or human or elf... or well you get the picture. It shouldn't be a proud feat.. and just saying trying to keep a dragon from getting angry at you. Referencing the fact that you've killed some of my kind, is either A showing you're uncomfortable around me, and need to show some form of dominance." She placed her hand in front of her, following the cracks around the ceiling as she hummed to herself. "B you feel there's a way of punishing yourself by remembering it, or C you see me as a threat and have to remind me of what my kind of done and what you've done. Both sides are guilty in the end...I think could be wrong, but it's one of those three."

Sighing she lowered her hand as it touched the ground with a feint tap, looking around for a moment she felt a chill of the night rolling in. "What is your name anyway?" She asked him, gripping the red stone shaped necklace around her neck, and lifted it up with a light jingle of the chain holding it there, and examined it. "I'm Midir by the way." she was at least trying to get to know him. "And ten... hmm such a burden shouldn't be thrusted onto a child."

"Pride, yes I do have pride in being able to save my people from your kin." Obsidian replied. He then listened to her long guessing game. Once she was finally done, he sighed and said "Your wrong on all fronts. I am not scared of you. I am not like other dragon slayers, and not as fragile as other men. I have already asserted my dominance, so why would I need to keep going. I am just telling you so you know that I am not afraid of you, and let you know what I think. That is all."

"My name is Obsidian Elatha, and I am proud to be able to serve my people from such a young age. Yes it was a burden but one I was proud to be able to overcome" Obsidian replied to Midir.

Midir couldn't help but laugh a little and shook her head slightly, "You haven't asserted anything at the moment Obsidian..." She sighed a little and closed her eyes. "You're just failing to see that i don't actually want to hurt anyone or cause trouble.. it was your people that imprisoned me.. whilst i was unconscious..How is that fair?" She rubbed her head, where a sting was coming, she remembered crashing down into the earth but she couldn't remember why anything before then. She just knew what she was, how to do it and her name.. but... everything else was a blur behind a painful door.

"thats fine then, either way I have you trapped in this ward, and that is enough for me" He replied to her comment about dominance. "We tend to not trust monsters who fall out of the sky, I think it is a good policy. Then maybe we wouldn't have entire villages whipped out by an unprovoked dragon who just slaughters people for fun. Its not about what fair, sometimes it is more about what is best. We are at war, a dragon who can transform into a human and hide among the people is very dangerous. What if a group of travelers came into town, able to pass through the main gates. Though it turned out they where all dragons, next thing we know we have 10 dragons in the city center slaughtering our people. This is war, we have to be careful or we will be whipped out."

Midir remained quiet for now as she listened to him speak before she turned on her side and looked at the wall away from him, her back to him. Closing her eye she tried to get some form of sleep before the night was over, there was no point in continuing with this. She sighed a little before shaking her head and closed her eyes drifting off into a light sleep, just enough where she was dozing but could hear everything that was going on around her.

Obsidian himself eventually fell back asleep though this time he was able to sleep through the night. Once morning came he woke up and walked over to Midir and said "Time to wake up, we have a long trip ahead of us dragon."

"You're being impatient human.." She muttered and rolled over onto her back to look up at him remaining on the ground for a moment or two."This is ridiculous." She muttered before standing up and stretched her hands above her head before looking around the area. "Which way then? if i'm going to show to you that i'm not a danger, or to anyone then there's no point in trying to run away. Surely not everyone is as stubborn as you." She chuckled and glanced around the place.

The snow storm had died down and just left a morning chill with snow glistening around the place, giving a magical place around the ruined fort.

"Smart not impatient. We don't know when the storm will start up again, maybe it will maybe it won't. Though if it does I want to be close to shelter again. Anyways Here are some robes to go with your coat along with some boots. I don't want you freezing on your way to my kingdom." Obsidian said as he turned away to let her change in private.

With the robe, fur coat and shoes Midir would be able to travel comfortably. Obsidian had packed a couple sets of clothing on the back of his horse. He had to make sure he was prepared for his travels. Who knows when he would meet with a noble who would want him to attend a get together or a night out on the town. Though he never thought he would be giving his clothing to a dragon.

Midir raised an eyebrow at him, a bit surprised that she as receiving clothes. She was a dragon and it may be cold but she could stay rather warm with little effort. Yet she changed and got into the clothes adjusting her shirt a little and jacket underneath the fur one. She looked a lot more masculine with these on, and re-braided one side of her ed hair.

"Alright then well let's get going then." She said to him and glanced around, placing her hands in their pockets out of habit to try and keep them warm. "Which way is it then?"

Obsidian walked over to Midir and said "We go west, though we will be traveling by horse. Never know what you are going to run into on the road. So it is best to save energy." He then walked over to Midir and said "I know this is going to be uncomfortable for you, but until we reach the next town and I can get you a horse you are going to have to ride with me." Obsidian told her. He then picked Midir up in his arms and jumped onto the horse Putting her in front of him.

He then wrapped one arm around her waist and held onto her as he used his other hand to steer the horse. "Just relax... and try not to get excited".

Midir widened her eyes as she was brought onto the horse in such a fashion, feeling the rough saddle between her legs as she looked forward. "You know i could just run after you.." She grumbled and glanced behind herself clearly not happy about being on a horse or near him int his way. She just felt a little bit exposed as he started to ride whilst she sat there, folding her arm before letting out a sigh as she closed her eyes. It's not like he would listen to her complaints right now.

"You also could run away, I don't trust you." Obsidian said as he held the girl close to him. "We will reach a village by nightfall. There we will rest and eat. I expect you to eat, if you starve I will be in trouble. So start thinking about what you want to eat" Obsidian said as they road through the light morning snow.

"Please if i'd wanted to run away i would have left last night, your ward was strong but not invincible." She chuckled before folding her arms as he continued to ride and spoke to her like a child. "I ate a few days ago i'll be fine." She grumbled as they continued on and looked around the path, occasionally seeing the slight change of people taking different routes and heading around the place.

"I know that, but at least I would have know if you broke it and would have been able to take action. I think you are underestimating me Midir, that is what I don't like about you dragons. You think because I am a human I am not capable or arrogant, maybe even both. I have never underestimated your kind. I know your kind are strong and wise. I just wish you would show the same respect some times." Obsidian replied as they rode off.

"Who said anything about underestimation? I am showing respect... i'm not going away i haven't tried to kill you, i saved you didn't i?" She added and waved at a travelling caravan before smiling slightly and stroked the horse's neck. "When you give me a reason to respect you i may show it in a more fruitful manner." She commented before sitting up.

"Thats what I am talking about, thinking that I needed your help. Thinking I am a weak fragile human. Yes your help did make my life easier and it was appreciated. Though you dragon's look at us like we are weak and fragile. Like with one punch you could kill us. If you think of me like that... you will regret it. A dragon has never even put a scar on my body." Obsidian replied as he steered the horse. Then they came up to a cross rode where a caravan was crossing so he stopped for a second. One of the carvan drivers waived to them, one of them saying what a cute couple which made Obsidian blush slightly.

"Now who is being the cocky one?" She asked him with a slight laugh and glanced around for a moment, "Did it ever cross your mind that i just decided to help out of an act of good will? Or perhaps some other reason, then look at the human trying to survive." She smiled at the caravan as it crossed in front of them before giving a wave to one of them.

"Not being cocky just honest, like I said I did appreciate your help." Obsidian replied. By now the Caravan had passed and they where ridding off again. Before they knew it it was the afternoon and they had reach the village of Agatha. It was a small farming village, though it had a nice tavern and a few stores. "You need to decide what to eat, now. Please at this point if you don't eat I will consider it an insult"

"Well aren't you just being a gentlemen." She commented before sliding off of the horse and landing lightly on the ground as she looked around the town for a moment, she could smell the wheat and animals lingering around the farm land, and even hear the slight calls of sheep and cows on the common ground. "Lamb i suppose." She grumbled before going to head off into the town, just to take a look around the place unless he stopped her.

"I have my honor" Obsidian replied. He then tied his horse to a stand next to the tavern before quickly following Midir. "Hey don't go wondering off without me" He shouted as he came up next to her. Though as he said so an elderly man came up to them and said "Hello I am the village elder. We are having a festival tonight in our town. Many will be coming by from neighboring area's, it is a great time for our village to gather money and spread word. I am sure a young couple like you would find it very fun so I ask that you please stay for the evening". Obsidian then said "We are not a couple"

Midir grinned before looping her arm around Obsidians. "Me and my husband would be more than happy to stay for the evening, just ignore him he's been grumpy ever since he fell into a puddle of mud. Would turn anyone sour don't you agree?" She asked the elder with a wide smile and patted Obsidian's arm smiling a little as she looked at the elder.

Obsidian cringed as Midir put her arm around him. The old man laughed and said "Oh my well it seems you have domesticated your husband well. I look forward to seeing you two love birds tonight". The old man then walked away. Obsidian then turned to Midir and said "Why did you do that? Are you actually interested in me or something?"

Midir grinned at him and took her arm away from him, "Please, don't flatter yourself." She folded her arms and looked at him, "It would just seem a bit suspicious for a woman and a man to ride into this town for no reason what so ever, and saying oh this is my prisoner i don't think would go very well with them."

"You could have just said we where traveling together. What ever its to late now. Now when we are at the festival the old man is going to think we are a couple. If we don't act like one it will be suspicious." Obsidian replied. He then took Midir's hand walked over to the tavern. "Lets just get some food for now" Obsidian replied taking Midir into the Tavern.

"Well we don't have to act like one, there have been plenty of couples that have acted like travelling partners." She giggled a little before he took her hand and headed towards the tavern."You don't need to be such a sour grape about it Obsidian, you know that?" She shook her head before walking into the place.

It was a nice tavern, ish as in it wasn't a dive. There were place to sit, food was being served and drink was being had as people laugh cheered, and passed out. There was the stench and taste of maturing alcohol in barrels about the place, as the dim candles offered a bit more of a homely feel.

"Well that sounds like a plan then" Obsidian replied though at her next comment her glared at her before saying "Well having fun really isn't part of my life. I have to much responsibility to think about such childish things as fun" He replied.

The Tavern was nice and homey. Obsidian found an empty table in the corner where he sat down with Midir. A woman then came up to them and said "What can I get for a cute couple like you two?" Obsidian then shouted "We are not a couple!"

"Oh well there's your problem." She said with a chuckle and shook her head. "What stopped you from having fun?" She asked him and slinked into her seat neatly, though her eyes widened whilst yelled. "Please excuse him, he's been a bad mood all day, and well." She covered her mouth so Obsidian couldn't hear her, but made it obvious. "We've been fighting. So just get him something to you know, calm his nerves and stag would be nice, or boar." She smiles at her and nods her head.

Obsidian crossed his arms as Midir talked to the server. The server then chuckled and whispered back "Alright sweet heart, you must be an angel to be able to handle a demon like him. And what what you like sweet heart?" Once The server took her order she walked away. Obsidian then turned to Midir and said "You asked what stopped me, it was my duty. I am the first prince of my kingdom. I have responsibilities, things you wouldn't understand"

Midir chuckled a little and then looked back at Obsidian as he continued on his spiel. She blinked before bursting out laughing as his words tickled her funny bone, it took her a small moment to regain herself. "Oh is that so and why wouldn't i know anything about it Obsidian?" She asked him, a sly grin coming across her face, almost cheshire cat like.

Obsidian just ignored Midir laughing and tuned his head away from her. Then He looked at her and raised an eye brow at her facial expression before saying "You shouldn't give that face it makes you look creepy. It will give away your true nature. Honestly you know nothing of my life, and I have no intention of telling you."

Midir chuckled a little and shook her head, "You know you have a habit of thinking you know better." She added and leaned back in her chair before resting her hands above her head and looked up at the ceiling. "Just because you are part of the monarchy doesn't mean you are restricted from having fun."

"I know enough to know what to to think" He rpelied before listening to her next comment. He then scuffed and said "When we are at war with your people there is no time for fun... just preparation and training. A king and Prince don't have time for fun during times of war. The minute we stop helping and working for our kingdom is the minute people die."

Midir shook her head a little, "From the way you bring it out, it sounds like we are the monsters under your bed waiting to attack you at any given moment. We had two very different parents." She chuckled again before shaking her head as she looked over her shoulder and just looked across the entire room.

"Not monsters from under your bed but from the sky. You don't know the fear of having a horde of flying firing breathing creatures rain down fire and brimstone on your city while all you can do is run and hide. Human's cannot fly or run fast like the elves. All we can do is stand our ground and hope we have the strength to survive" Obsidian replied.

Midir shook her head and nodded afterward. "I can see where your worry comes from, let me guess i assume you're thinking i'm about to attack these people at any moment? or do you finally see i'm not an overly bad person?"

"I don't know you, though I would say even if you were going to attack I don't think you would do it here. This is a smaller settlement. Though just in case I am wrong, that is why I am around. I am the only dragon slayer who can take on a dragon alone. That is why I was sent to guard you, or should I say guard others from you" Obsidian replied. As he finished the server came to him with roasted boar and some ale "For the lovely gentlemen" she said, before turning to Midir and serving her lamb with another pint of ale "And for his lovely lady". At this point Obsidian didn't even say there weren't a couple, he just face palmed and let go. Though once the lady left he looked at midir and said "How did you know boar was my favorite?"

Midir smiled at the server. "Thank you." She bowed her head a little before taking a bite of her lamb. "There will always be that one dragon.." She muttered and chewed on the lamb in her mouth and waited until she swallowed before answering his question. "I am the most successful psychic on this planet!" She placed a hand on her forehead, as if to make that a third eye, before dropping her hand. "I can smell it on you, that and well several other things... or i just took a guess and got lucky, it's up to you which one you choose to believe."

The server gave Midir a curtsy before leaving. He then listened to Midir as she talked about that one dragon, he didn't know what she was talking about but he didn't really care. When she mentioned being a psychic he just gave her a blank stare not being able to believe Midir for a second all things considered. After that she mentioned that she could smell it on him which made him raise an eye brow before saying "Yeah, well I believe that you smelled it on me, it was the last thing I had before leaving the castle to come look for you. Anyways... once we are done we should either go to the festival or leave, the sun is starting to set."

Midir stroked the side of her face as she chuckled a little at him just shaking her head as she ate a bit of her food. "well i say we stay for the festival, to give a chance for you to unwind a little before we head away. Also so you can make sure that i'm not going to hurt anyone." She adds with a wink before taking another bite of lamb. It'll be fun adn you might actually enjoy yourself."

Obsidian sighed then said "Fine lets go to this festival, though I doubt I will be able to enjoy myself." He then made sure to finish is boar and ale. Once he was done he just waited for Midir to finish. Though as she did a drunk man came up to the table, he was stumbling and burping. He then looked at Obsidian and said "This your girl?" Obsidian quickly replied "no". The man smiled and said "well its not like your answer mattered but hey this makes things easier right.?" He then went over to Midir and put his arm around her "Hey baby why don't you ditch this snob and come with me. I will show you a good time at the festival tonight baby". Though Obsidian wasn't having any of it and drew his sword and put it to his neck "Back off" Obsidian said.

Midir continued to chew her lamb before glancing up as the man began to talk. She simply rolled her eyes and continued to eat, though her hand closed around the knife as he put an arm around her. She was tempted beyond belief to show him what for, but Obsidian was already at him with a sword pointing at the man's throat. She just gave him a slight smile, "I'm not your baby, and well there's your answer." She added gesturing to Obsidian and gave him an all to cold smile.

The man backed up saying "Alright! Alright! I don't want any trouble.." Once the man was far away enough he sheathed his sword and sat back down. "Maybe there is a benefit to saying we are a couple... I don't want to have to deal with guys trying to pick you up at every stop. Maybe you should cover your face so they don't see how beautiful you are" Obsidian said before standing up not even realizing what he implied. Clearly Obsidian wasn't a man who spent a lot of time socializing around people.

Midir giggled a little and shook her head, "Yeah not going to happen, it would be a little rude to do something like that... oh not rude just a pain. But.." She placed her knife and fork down before rising up to her feet, and slipped the wooden chair back under the table. "I'm happy to hear that you think i'm beautiful." She teased him and went to loop her arm around his to head outside, anxious to take a look out and see what this festival was all about!

At her commenting on him thinking she was beautiful Obsidian became a bit flustered blushing and looking away "I was just stating the obvious, your clearly beautiful, any man would think that." He Then continued to walk out of the tavern with her. As the got out the town streets where now lively, lit up with lanterns and candles. People and children ran around the streets. "So what do you want to do first?" Obsidian asked Midir.

"hehe well the compliment has been taken in." She studied the festival before clicking her tongue and pointing towards a section marked up. "Archery competition! Come on let's go!"She began to drag him towards where a competition had been set up to see who could get the most bulls eyes in a row, each person having five arrows. "You've got to be good at this so go on have a go." She said and pushed him towards it.

"Aaah hello good sir would you care for a go? It's simply three gold pieces for five arrows, if you hit it three out of the five times you'll get a prize for you or your fair lady." He gave Obsidian a friendly smile and folded his arms.

"What ever" Obsidian replied to her first comment. Before he knew it he was being dragged over to the arrow game. "Archery is my strong suit, I actually use spells at range. Though I am a better archer than most so a game like this should be easy." He replied to her right after she pushed him.

Obsidian smiled and nodded his head before saying "Fine then I will accept you challenge". He then took the bow and arrows and began to fire them. Though it seemed like something was up as he drew the arrow back. He ignored it and fired. The arrow went way past the target. "Just been a while" Obsidian said. He then pulled the arrow back and and shot it, this time it hit the target but bounced off. He turned to the guy and said "Does that count?"

The guy looked over at him and smiled, "As much as i would like to, no it doesn't the arrow has to stick into the target son. But you still got three more tries, so don't give up." He said to him with a smile and folded his arms before glancing back at the target. "It's a recurved bow, so you might want to adjust your aim a little but, not everyone uses them see."

Obsidian nodded at the mans words then adjusted his aim. He thought the challenge was a little odd, there was sure to be many people who have used a bow. Hunters, warriors and even farmers for catching small rabbits for food. Though a re-curved bow was out of the ordinary, so that would provide a nice challenge. Obsidian then readjusted himself, he had used a re-curved bow in the past and understood how it worked. He then hit the next three shots right on the mark. "Challenge complete" Obsidian said with a smile.

The guy looked at the man as he shot the targets before giving a grunt and headed towards the prizes. "So what would you like for the lady or yourself? We have sweets, flowers, or carvings." He gestured to the table of prizes and gave a slight smile as he folded his arms glancing at Midir.

Midir smiled as she stayed where she was, seemingly in her own little world before taking she started to hum gently to herself as she took in the other sights. She was thinking about where they could head next and enjoy their time.

As the Archery guy told him about the prizes he really didn't know what to pick. Honestly he only did this because Midir had suggested it and non of the prizes where really his thing. So he turned to the dragon woman and said "Hey Midir, why don't you pick a prize out? Is there anything he offered that you like?"

Midir had seemed to have left him to his own devices at the moment as he was picking a prize. She was joining with a few younger kids, and young people who were playing horseshoes near the centre of the town, where music was spreading over the area as the sky turned orange due to the setting sun. The music was just what you'd expect from a festival like this. She smiled and took the iron shoes before taking careful aim, with a flick of her wrist the shoe went flying through the air before striking the pole with a dink, and landed like the heavy metal it was. It was a flawless through, and from the look of her face she was just surprised about it as the kids, before they started laughing and getting back to playing.

"You have a fine partner there son, don't let that one go." The archery instructor stated after he had helped two others set up for their turn.

Obsidian just took a deep breath as Midir went off knowing he had to hurry and choose. He decided to go with he sweets since he thought it was something they both could enjoy. Obsidian then turned to the archery man and said "You have no idea". He then just left to follow Midir. Once he caught up he handed the sweets to her smiling at the children. "Here this is yours, the archery thing was your idea so he loot should go to you" Obsidian said as he handed Midir the sweets. He would have said something about the sweets distracting her from eating the children, but he really didn't think she would do it at this point she he just let the thought go. Though he still didn't trust her completely yet.

Midir glanced over at him and took the sweets with a slight smile and took one of the sweets, sugared fruit, and popped it into her mouth. "Oh why thank you." She mused and glanced around for a moment. "Enjoying yourself?" She asked him with a sly smirk on her face and ate another one before offering him one of the crystal strawberries. "Or are you still being stuck up?" Sh glanced over to the children, watching one of the shoes land on the pole. "Well done!" She called over towards them.

"Your welcome woman" Obsidian replied before taking the the crystal strawberry. He then sighed at her next couple comments before replying "The archery thing was okay. Though I am starting to get hungry again, we should find some food or something."

Midir looked around the festival and chuckled a little, she couldn't believe him sometimes. "Still keeping that.. it's a festival!" She added gesturing around to the scene before them, of games being played, of stores selling unique items, of others with roasting meats with fat dripping a sizzling into the fires, of vegetables being sold from across the land. "Pick a place and let us go and eat." She gave him a poke on the shoulder before she brushed her red hair from her face, and popped another crystal strawberry in her mouth.

Obsidian looked around and decided that they would go a one of the barbaque stands. "There, they are roasting some nice meat there" He replied then took Midir's hand and began to escort her to the stand. Though as they walked two soldeirs who where from the kingdom that Midir had been taken prisoner by came into sight. Obsidian quickly pulled her into a near by ally, though he noticed they had been spotted. He quickly pulled up the hood on his robe along with the one on Midir's fur coat. "Listen just follow my lead, they don't know I am taking you back to my kingdom. If they find out there will be trouble" Obsidian said.

He then saw the two soldiers came into the ally and took Midir around the corner of the ally behind a shop. He then put her up against the wall and said "Kiss me, pretend to kiss me. We have to make it look like we are just looking for privacy rather than running from them. I don't want to make scene by having to knock them out or kill them" Obisidan told Midir. He then leaned in and kissed her. As he did the soldiers turned the corner they saw the two kissing. "Oh sorry to disturb you" one of the soldiers said before turning around and walking away. Once they left Obsidian broke the kiss and said "Don't take it as anything.... I just did what I had to in order to prevent bloodshed"

She hummed quietly to herself as he seemed too eager to head towards the barbecue, though as they began to head towards the place she noticed the guards before she could say anything she was dragged off to the side into the alley, and then there he was kissing her. She barely had time to say anything to object before he was kissing her. She kept it up long enough for them to make it seem believable. Though what he said afterwards made her raise an eyebrow. "You're a shit kisser."

She pushed away from him shaking her head, moving away from him shaking her head as she moved away, keeping her hood up as she did so. She moved out of the place and back towards the festival, just deciding to turn in and head over to the tavern. Obsidian may notice that his coin purse was gone. Midir paid for a room with his money and left it with the tavern keeping so Obsidian could claim it later.

When she called him a shit kisser Obsidian couldn't help but blush. He then shouted "LISTEN I DID WHAT I HAD TO!! THOSE GUARDS WHERE ONTO US!! I DIDN"T WANT TO KISS A DRAGON ANYWAYS!! YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY TO ENOUGH BE ABLE TO FAKE KISS SOMEONE LIKE ME!!" At that point Obsidian was upset enough he just let Midir walk away. He then went to the barbecue to find he didn't even have his coin purse. That really pissed him off as he went running back to the tavern.

He then went searching up in the rooms for Midir until he found her "WHERE IS MY MONEY!"

Midir was laying on the bed and didn't even rise up to see him as she stayed on the single bed of the room. "I left it with the tavern keeper.. keep your voice down otherwise people in the other rooms will be annoyed at you." Her voice was cold and unemotional as she remained lying down. "Now just leave me alone and get on with your evening."

Obsidian raised his eye brow and said "Oh now you show your true colors, emotionless and underhanded. I try to save you from being tortured again and this is my thanks huh? What ever I have no interest in a festival, you where the one who wanted to go. You can stay here with me. I will just have some food at the tavern." Obsidian then left to go to the tavern keep to get his coin pouch, there he ordered some food to be brought up to them. He then went back up to the room and sat on his bed as he awaited the meal.

Midir remained quiet and just laid there as he went on his rant, there was no point in talking t him. It just wouldn't achieve anything, humans were just angry creatures who sought nothing but to see the worst in everything. She closed her eyes and tried to get some form of sleep.

Obsidian waited int he quiet until his food was brought to him. He then ate it all before casting a barrier around the room so it would be difficult for Midir to leave the room, or even if she did he would notice right away. After that he finally went to bed and awaited morning.

The red haired dragon remained asleep throughout most of the night, though in the middle she had gotten up and found the barrier around the room. With a bit of tweaking and her own skill she got out of it, and literally just headed downstairs to grab some food, feeling like she could eat a horse.. but she wasn't exactly in the mood for that. She returned to the room with her food, pretty much straight away to make sure that Obsidian didn't have a fit over her being gone.

Obsidian woke up as soon as Midir left the barrier and quickly followed her downstairs. He then saw that she was just getting some food and went upstairs and waited for her. Once she got back he said "Hurry up and finish we are going right back to my Kingdom. I grow tired of your games, you showed me your true colors last night after I tried to save you. You know I was just starting to wonder if you where actually a nice creature to?"

Midir rolled her eyes as she ate her food though when he started talking she had, had enough. "Right you listen. You talk about showing my true colours, you randomly kissed me out of no where, with not time to object or do anything else. I could have easily cast an invisibility spell, or anything else. Oh such a shame i took your coin purse, there are thousands of humans who have stolen far more than i have. If you still think that i'm out to destroy the entire freaking world, than your a bigger fool than i thought you were."

"You act like I knew you had an invisibility spell. It was just a kiss, it meant nothing so get over it! Secondly you have no idea what you kind has stolen from me! So don't even talk about it! I AM DOING MY BEST TO GET YOU THERE WITHOUT HURTING OR TORTURING YOU! IF YOU WANT I CAN RETRACT THAT KINDNESS!!" By the end Obsidian was clearly upset.

"Well stop doing your best, stop looking with your dogmatic view of me and start looking at the fucking person in front of you! I haven't tried to run! I haven't tried to kill you! Or Anyone! Think about where i am! I'm away from home, i've been kidnapped essentially, you think this is fucking easy for me!? You think i'm doing this with little effort? I want to go home, and away from you with every bone in my body but here i am staying with you for the slightest hope of getting some fucking peace between our two nations!" She panted after her rant, her eyes staring at him, tears hidden deep within them.

"I DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT! YOUR KIND KILLED MY BROTHERS!! I AM SORRY MY BEST ISN"T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!" at that point there was a banging on the door and the tavern keep opened it up. "Keep it down the others patrons are trying to sleep! Save your lovers quarrel for the afternoon dammit!" The tavern keeper then shut the door leaving the two in there alone. Obsidian then took a deep breath and said "Lets just keep moving, I guess we are just natural enemies after all."

"Hahahaahaa." She let out a shrill and cold laugh before narrowing her eyes, "If you think i'm going anywhere with you now, you've got fluff inside of your head boy." She rose from her position and headed towards the door before shaking her head, "I need to get some air." She snarled, clenching her free hand into a white knuckled fist as she slammed the door behind her head, partially so that if he tried to follow her, he'd have to open the door again and that would give her enough time to make a run for the door. He wasn't having any of it, what an idiot! She was thinking in her head, that he was being blind to the obvious good in front of him. She could have roasted him alive if she felt like it, this town would be nothing more than burning timber if that was what she desired...

Obsidian had enough of this, he was so angry when she left. He could tell that this dragon thought he was nothing more then another weak human she could just push around, maybe she even pitied him. As soon as she slammed the door he quickly followed her. Once he caught up Obsidian grabbed her arm and said "Your not allowed to leave my side, trust me I wish I could be rid of you. Though this is how it has to be!"

"No it fucking doesn't." She said to him in almost a laugh like tone. The town was quet around them, with the moon shining down on them, the festival having ended, leaving only the drunk and late people out, near bonfires set up around the place. "You've hated me through out the whole of this, and have been unable to accept that i've tried to show. Oh i'm not an evil person here. Yes i might have annoyed you and pushed you but can you blame me? Look at yourself...how would you feel if you were in my shoes?" She asked him, "I can imagine it's just a little less painful than me being in yours..now let me go so i can at least take a walk and have time to cool off without feeling your burning gaze on me... please.." She looked to the side, her red hair covering her face a little as she could feel her eyes burning, she wasn't going to cry though. "You're taking out the anger of my kind on me... and it's unfair..."

Ebon took a deep breath and tossed Midir a necklace. "Fine I will give you, all the space you need. Just wear that, it will tell me where you are. If you truly are not trying to run away and escape you will wear that." Obsidian said. He honestly wanted some space from her as well. Though he still had his duty and he couldn't ignore it. So he thought this would be a good compromise. They could both get what they wanted without him having to worry about losing her.

She caught the necklace and inspected a little. Without argument she looked it around her belt, it was on her at least before heading out of the town leaving the embers behind her. She found a large elm tree before perching herself upon one of the lower branches and closed her eyes. Just hopefully letting the nights events just pass by, and her boiling blood to simmer down.

Obsidian made sure to use his magic and the necklace to keep on eye on here. He even would be able to tell is someone got close to her. So he just laid down on the bed and slept for the night.

Midir remained where she was looking around and up to the sky, she was still there in the morning. She hadn't moved at all, she rolled her shoulders though thinking that she needed to stretch her true self soon.

Once morning came Obsidian woke up and worked his way to Midir. His temper had quieted with the dragon girl, and now he was feeling a lot better. He found her laying under a tree and walked up to her saying "Feeling better?".

"Hmm?" She looked over to him as he had approached her and gave a slight smile. "Yeah.." She rose to her feet, and suted some dirt off of her clothing off before tossing him the necklace he gave her. She took her red hair and began to braid one side of it for a few moments and then placed her hands at her side, looking around as if expecting something to fly out. "Shall we?"

Obsidian took a deep breath, as she stood up with a smile happy to see she wasn't going to be a problem anymore. "Yeah lets get going we have a long road ahead of us, I will get you a horse so you don't have to ride with me anymore like I promised to you before. Now lets go to the horse breeder, there is one on the edge of town. There you can pick on out of your liking." Obsidian said before getting on his horse and guiding Midir to the horse breeder.

"If you're grabbing a horse.. i might not ride it for a little while.. i need to stretch for a bit..." She added and looked to the side for a moment, "Though i will do it a few miles on the outskirts of the town. No it's not to burn anyone it's just like being stuck in a suit of armour for days on end.." She stopped before she went a bit further, biting back her natural wit and sharp tongue. "I hope you understand my reason."

Obsidian just shrugged "I don't care, feel free to stretch when ever you want. You don't have to ride with me or anything, as long as we keep moving I really don't care at this point" He responded. With the he was taking a leisurely stroll on his horse throw the town along side Midir until the reached the edge of town where the horse breeder was.

She rode on the horse for a bit longer than a few miles until she was certain they were out of prying viewers eyes. She glanced over towards him, debating whether she should be more honest with him. Saying that though could be the death of her, and he seemed like in the moment he doesn't care. She slid off of the horse and transformed, white scales covering her body along with red, as her shape grew larger and she took her dragon form and began to walk alongside him on the road for now.

As she transformed Obsidian just turned to her watching. He wasn't shocked or frightened by it, he knew she was a dragon. He had also fought and killed so many it would take more then a dragon walking next to him to startle him. He just responded by saying "So that's your dragon form huh?"

She continued to walk along side him and turned her head a little before flexing her wings. "I'm surprised you didn't see it when i crashed.." her voice rang out before she beat her wings once to stretch them properly. "But i'm sure you've seen far more impressive dragons in your time."

"I wasn't around when you crashed, I was called in afterwords. Like I said, you where being held captive by a kingdom other than my own. Like a person, I do not judge a dragon by its appearance. I have seen big strong dragons fall easy, and smaller dragons bring an army to its knees." Obsidian replied to Midir as they walked along the side of the road.

She couldn't help but chuckle at that and moved her head a little back as she continued to walk. "You've seen so much of the bad kind.." She muttered to herself as they made their way along the dirt path, and eventually she actually just began to hum to the beat of her own feet crashing on the ground.

Ebon conttinued on saying "Well your the first dragon I have met that didn't try to kill me and my people right off the bat, so forgive me if my thoughts on your kind are less than positive." After that he just listen to her hum and crush her feet to the the dirt path. "Don't be to loud, I don't want to have to explain to anyone this situation or worse have to shut them up"

"Aaah don't worry i have a plan on what to do if people come looking, i'm a travelling performer, practicing an illusion to spook my audience." She chuckled, "Well i have gathered your views of my people.." She mused and continued to hum as she flexed her wings again and beat them once causing a slight gust. "It does feel good to stretch though." The wind began to move through causing her firey mane on her neck to sway in the wind.

Obsidian sighed and replied to her saying "just be careful okay. There are people looking for you, people that know your a dragon who can transform into a human. That illusion story of yours isn't going to work on them" With that they where getting close to the horse breeder. Though Obsidian spent most of their walk looking at Midir's dragon form. She definitely was a different type of dragon. Even in her dragon form she had beauty. It really made him curious about her.

"Mhm.." She responded to him, her white scales glittering like frost in the sun, making a rainbow like glisten about them. "I understand that, but i doubt they would expect them to be out in the open like this." She added, "But i will be careful do not worry." As they got closer towards the breeder she changed back to her usual human form, and brushed her fire kissed hair from her face and walked alongside him. "So i can just pick any horse right?"

Once she transformed back he just turned away not wanting her to see him checking her out once again. Then when she asked about the horses he responded by telling her "Yes I have more than enough money for you to buy any horse you want. So choose what ever you like".

She nodded at him and greeted the breeder before looking at what they have. She moved through the stallions and the mares, none of them attracted her attention. Out of everything though the thing that did attract her attention was a mule. She rushed towards it. "He's so cute!" She yells as she hugs the brown mule, who was just eating some grass and looking less than bothered about being hugged around the neck.

Once they got to breeder Obsidian walked with Midir through the stalls and just couldn't understand why she didn't like any of the horses. Then when she found the mule he couldn't help but face palm "Are you kidding me? You complained about riding on the same horse as me so I wanted to get you something to ride, not a pet for you to pamper. Please be serious Midir" Obsidian said shaking his head.

"Excuse me!?" She turned around and folded her arms a little looking at him, "A mule is a good steed they can carry far more than a horse is there something wrong with this fine mule?" She asked him and gave a slight grin to the breeder before petting it once more. "Fine though.." She approached a black and white patched horse and stroked her neck. "This one will be fine then." She nodded and looked over it again.

"Nothing wrong with a good mule honestly, though we are looking for a horse for you to." Obsidian replied. He then followed her over to the white and black horse and nodded to her before going to the breeder and paying him for the horse. He then went back to Midir and the horse carrying a saddle. "Do you know how to ride a horse?" Obsidian asked.

Midir took the saddle and began to buckle it up from the side and then underneath getting everything in place. "Yes i do, i've seen enough people do it, and practiced enough by myself to do it." She placed her foot on the stirrup and pushed herself upwards, swinging her other leg over the saddle and mounting the horse.

Obsidian smiled as he watched her get up onto the horse without a problem. He then replied to her saying "Looks like it, then lets get going. We still have a couple days ahead of us before we reach the capital of my Kingdom." With that Obsidian was giving his horse a gently kick and they began to set off.

She let out a sigh and kicked the horse, well nudged it to get it after his horse following him. She wasn't sure what to make over the fact that there are a few more days of just riding. The thought did strike her of just picking up the horses and himself and flying the rest of the way there, but that wouldn't be the smartest move to make.

As the strolled down the road a large carriage come up next to them and came to stop. A man then stuck his head out the Window. "PRINCE OBSIDIAN!!" he shouted. Obsidian then came to dead stop and turned his head to see a noble man he knew. "Oh.. Hello there! How are you Sir Lakem?" The man then got out of the carriage and began to walk towards them. "I am doing great, I heard you where on a mission in the main city. Surprised to see you out here." Obsidian then smiled and said "Oh yes we had an emergency and I was called back by my father."

The man then smiled and said "That is perfect, I am having a party in a day at my estate. It will be on your way, I beg you to stop by. It would be my honor to host the prince in his travels at my party." Obsdian sighed and said "I would like to stop by but I am on a priority mission." The man then came up and saw that a woman was with him and he smiled "Oh I see, bringing your future Queen back home with you huh? I heard you where recently announced as your father's heir. So she must be the Princess you are being suited with." Obsidian just cringed and said "Oh yes... she is." The man then clapped his hands together and said "Then please stop by with the young lady I promise you will only receive the best of accommodations" Obsidian was honestly tired of sleeping in bedrolls and in taverns, and Sir Lakem's estate was in his territory so it was safe to bring Midir there. So he just decided to agree "Fine we will see you there in a day".

The man looked very happy as bowed and thank Obsidian before going back to his carriage. Once the man left he turned to Midir and said "I hope you like parties"

"Oh i love them." She gave a happy smile to him and bowed her head, at him as he began to head away. She thought about telling him that she was actually a princess, but this... was just too good to ruin at the moment. She just grinned at him and waited for him to lead on. "I'm sure we will love it." She added giving Obsidian a nudge and a soft smile. "Wouldn't we?"

Obsidian just looked at her and replied "Oh yeah, we are going have a fucking blast." Once the carriage rode off Obsidian turned to Midir and said "We need to get you a dress and me some nice attire. About half a day away there is a nice tailor. We will stop by the tailor and get us some wear for the party."

She looked at him, with a look of sheer unamusement. "I am not, no i refuse to wear a dress." She snapped at him before narrowing her eyes at him. She didn't want to, and never will wear one of those restricting coffins made of cloth. "They are impractical and look uncomfortable."

Obsidian sighed and looked at her saying "Please don't make this hard on me, I really just want to have some fine dining and a super comfortable bed. The party will only be like 2 hours. Please just wear the dress for a couple hours".

She narrowed her eyes at him, giving him a deathly glare as she rolled the thoughts around in her head and shrugging. "We're burning the dress afterwards." She said to him before sighing. "We should probably by a mat though or something, as we're most likely going ot be put into one room."

"Fine we will burn the dress afterwords. Also don't worry about the room thing, I will just request separate rooms for us. I am not sleeping on the floor, and I would not make a lady sleep on the floor either." Obsidian replied. He then continued to travel with her. Eventually they where able to pass the boarder and make it into his Kingdom. At a mountain top he pointed to a large city in the distance "There, that is not the captial, but the tailor and Lord Lakem live in that city."

"Heheh Lady." She chuckled before glancing over her shoulder to the road behind them, and then they were off again. Her horse clopping along with him on the path. "Such a gentleman." She commented before taking in a deep breath as she saw the city, it was certainly a good sight to see. "It is rather impressive."

He looked to her and replied to her first comment saying "Well Dragon or not your still a lady." With that they where at the city. He then smiled at her comment and said "Wait until you see the capital. This city is called Garden Valley. Let us go to the tailor." With that Obsidian was taking Midir through the streets of the city until they arrived at the Tailor. He then tied his horse up outside of the house along side Midir. "The tailor in here has made many outfits for my family. Please be kind to her... and just say we are getting married to make this whole thing easier. I just want a nice dinner and bed." Obsidian asked her.

Garden Valley: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/199/217/large/vilius-petrauskas-vilius-petrauskas-h-vilnius-panorama-2011.jpg?1443930509 (https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/199/217/large/vilius-petrauskas-vilius-petrauskas-h-vilnius-panorama-2011.jpg?1443930509)

She glanced at him before raising an eyebrow at her, "I'll come up with something else, as that would most likely just cause rumours to spread." She said to him as she dismounted from the steed and adjusted her coat before walking into the tailors. She took in everything there, the silk the clothes on display and materials just lying around. Slowly she approached the tailor. "Erm hi, i would like to purchase a custom made... dress.. for a nice dinner."

"Best not... I already told Sir Lakem that story. It is an easy and quick explanation, we don't even have to act like lovers. The last thing we need is a bunch of different information flying around. It will be hard to cover up what I have done if we do that. Just go along with the story. Trust me, the last thing I want is to marry you" Obsidian told Midir before the entered the building.

The tailor turned to her and saw Obsidian next to her and Squealed "OH MY! YOU BROUGHT A LADY WITH YOU!". She was a older woman, in her late forties. She then turned to Midir and bowed saying "Well my lady I will make sure you have the best dress at the the Ball tonight!" That maid Obsidian raise an eye brow "Ball... I thought is was a random party." The tailor then shook her head saying "Nope is is the Ball of the Winters Coming. Nobles from all over will be coming!" That made Obsidian face palm.

Midir smiled at her before just raising her hand. "Give me one second." She turned to Obsidian and smiled, her hands closing around the sides of his coat or shirt and pulled him dangerously close to her face. She hissed, "You told me this would be a freaking party.. i was hoping on wearing this dress for an hour or two, but a ball that's not just a few hours.. that's a whole evening. You better... better! Think of a way to make this up to me bucko." She stared into his eyes before quickly turning around to the tailor and smiled, as if nothing had happen. "Excellent i trust your skilled hand, and please call me Midir."

"Fine I will make it up to you I will let you sleep in the empty room next to mine rather than in the dungeon when we get to the capital. I think that is a good deal" Obsidian whispered back to her. With that Obsidian was letting the tailor take over.

The tailor smiled at Midir's introduction and said "Please call me Linda Lady Midir. Now come with me I am so excited to dress you" The tailor then took Midir into the other room and help her remove the fur coat and clothing that Obsidian had given her. "Oh what a lovely body! No wonder Lord Obsidian is interested in you! And don't worry I have the perfect matching outfit for you and him to wear!" With that she whisked out of the room and came back in with a beautiful red dress encrusted with diamonds and other Jewels. "Here you go, this is one of my greatest works. I Think it will look great with your fire red Hair" Linda said handing her the dress. Even the belt was made of precious jewels.

Image of the dress: https://www.hebeos.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/21306/image/158532/ (https://www.hebeos.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/21306/image/158532/)

Midir gave Obsidian a disapproving look even after all of this she was going to go back into a dungeon. Fucking perfect.... Shaking her head she followed Linda into the rooms. "That.. erm thank you? Kind of makes Obsidian sound like a pervert slightly but.. thank you." She gave her a slight smile. Glancing at the dress, she smiled at her. "It is beautiful.. erm." She took it and waited for a moment before trying the dress on, taking a few minutes to get in to it.... God she hated these things. "Well.." She said as she awkwardly stood there in the dress. "How does it look?"

The tailor laughed and replied "Every man wants a beautiful woman. That is no secret, I am sure Obsidian would like a beautiful woman to. It doesn't make someone a pervert." Once she got on the dress Linda squealed saying "It looks absolutely beautiful. Here just put this around your shoulders and you will look perfect!" Linda then put a red silk clothes around her shoulders. "There now you look like a princess!" Linda said. Then an older child came out of the other room and said "Oh mommy who is that Beautiful lady!"

The girl was walking on a crutch, and one of her legs was missing. She limped over to Midir and said "Wow your super pretty!" Linda smiled and walked over to her and said "Lady Midir this is my Daughter Chelsea"

Midir watched the cloth be placed upon her shoulders and adjusted herself a little as she felt the smooth fabric on her shoulders. "I'm glad that someone thinks so." She mumbled and look over to the younger girl, watching her approach. "It's nice to meet you Chelsea." She gave a slight smile before brushing some of her red hair from her face and bowed ever so slightly to the young girl, her eyes flicking from the crutch to where the leg should be. Midir began to think that why no one has healed her yet, it was custom among her people that those who were injured were given treatment, otherwise they cannot benefit anyone. "Does she work here with you?"

Linda smiled at Midir's reply. She then turned to the girl and said "Lord Obsidian is in the other room this is his date for tonight's ball." The girls face lite up at the mention of Obsidian and she squealed in joy before limping her way to the other room to see Obsidian. Once she was out of the room Linda turned to Midir and replied saying "Yes, she is my daughter. About 4 years ago there was a dragon attack on this city. Not many but enough to cause problems. She was in a building that was on fire. The building collapsed and completely crushed her leg. Her leg was crushed so bad that it detached from her. One of the 4 dragons attacked then went after her but Obsidian came and saved her. He then rushed her to a healer. Because her leg was crushed and destroyed the healers where not to to reattach it. Though they where able to stop the bleeding and save her. Human healers that can re-grow limbs are very hard to come by and expensive. Even a tailor for the royal family like me cannot afford one. So I make sure she has everything and give her the best life possible." She then whipped a tear from her eye before conitnuing "Obsidian is always nice to her when he stops by, to us he is a hero. So many of this kingdom see him as our hero. He is our strongest dragon slayer. Though as the woman dating him you probably already know this."

Midir stood there listening to the story before biting her tongue, she couldn't help but think that half the story had been told there... something must have happened to get the other side involved, either that or they were fanatics. "I see... i am sorry to hear that..." She turned around and began to fiddle with a diamond to pluck it from the dress carefully, the gleaming gem now resting in the palm of her hand. Staring into it she decided it was best, if it was ever to get out what she was.. it would be better to show that they could help. One random act of kindness at a time. "A hero... yes he certainly sounds like it.." She cupped her hand together and breathed into it for a moment before turning back to her. She now presented to a gleaming gemstone that glowed a faint white light. "Have your daughter sleep with this stone for one night. It'll.. get her her leg back, it just might take a few days for nerves to connect and for it to wake up so to speak." Regrowing limbs was simple enough, being an embodiment of magic it was taught rather early on. "Just trust me, this will work Linda."

"Thank you, she has a hard life ahead of her.... but me and her father are doing our best to make sure she will be successful" Linda replied to her. Then Linda listen to her reply about Obsidian, which made her raise an eyebrow. Not a usual response, most woman would have been ecstatic about going to a ball with Obsidian. Though her reaction was far less than that. She was about to question Midir about it, until Midir offered her the gem and healing for her child. She looked at her with tears in her eyes and shock before saying "OH my Gosh! Are you sure!". She then took the jewel from Midir and nodded "I will do what you say... even if you didn't I can see why he choose you. You have such a generous kind heart."

Midir gave her a smile before looking down at the dress. "So do i stay in this or do i have to get changed at the venue?" She asked her before taking in a deep breath as she looked down at herself and fiddled with the hem of the bit sof the dress for now and glanced back at her. "Yeah.." She added in response to her final statement, nto really wanting to go into much more about Obsidian, though she didn't see that the people were happy with him having killed so many of her own kind.

"You can decide that part for yourself. The manor is only a 20 minute horse ride from here and the ball doesn't start for another 8 hours as it is still morning. So feel free to change." Linda told her prepared to help her get undressed.

Midir held her hand up, to stop her from helping and bent down, touching her toes with the tips of her fingers, slowly she began to rise, as she did a purple smoke moved around her obscuring her frame and form before the smoke dissipated into the air, and she was wearing the fur coat and travelling clothes. "I think this will do for now, and i will change when i am there. How much do i owe you for the dress?" She asked as she began to head out of the changing room, stuffing the red egg shaped stone necklace down the coat that she was closing, glancing over to Obsidian and Linda's daughter if she had gone to see him.

Linda clapped and smiled as Midir changed using her magic though when she asked how much for the dress Linda shook her head "We send the bill to the Royal family, don't even asked silly. You act like you don't even know who your going out with tonight. Honestly if you keep acting this way people may get suspicious. I don't know what you two are hiding but since you and obsidian have both helped my daughter I will keep my mouth shut. My advice is the only way I can thank you, I hope it is enough Lady Midir"

With that Chelsea was coming back into the room. "Lord Obsidian is waiting, he wants to know if everything is okay!"

She smiled and headed back, smiling towards Obsidian. "Nice people." She said to him before running a hand through, and re-braiding her red hair. She took what Linda said and thought about this, the thoughts stewing into ideas, all that would come to the surface eventually she was sure of that.

Obsidian nodded in return and said "Yes they are very nice people. Now lets get going. I want to nap before the ball starts" Obsidian then escorted Midir outside before waiving goodbye to the two ladies. He then got back onto his horse and asked Midir is she was ready to go. He then rode with her to the large estate where they would be staying. On the way he asked "So how did the dress turn out?"

Midir rolled her eyes as she followed him out and just climbed onto her horse. She wasn't in the mood to answer his first statement. "It was a nice dress, she's a skilled tailor." She commented further, and she meant it it was rare to find such a skilled tailor out there. "Her daughter was rather nice as well... And people are going to continue to think that we're engaged." She mentioned last.

"She is a very skilled tailor" Obsidian responded. He then listened to her last statement before responding "Yes I know, once we get the capital we will work on the cover up. Just tell people things didn't work out between us or you died or something like that so don't worry you won't be forced into marrying me." Obsidian reassured her. Once they arrived at the manor they where greeted by a butler who said "Welcome my lord and my Lady. Lord Lakem has informed me of your arrival. We have a room ready for you to share" Obsidian then spoke up saying "No we would like separate rooms, until we are married we are not sharing a bed". The butler than nodded and bowed "Forgive me I will make sure to give her the room next to yours please follow me" With that the butler was now taking them into the estate.

She smiled at the butler before bowing her head low, causing a few strands of her ed hair to move into her face as she did so. "We thank you for your effort though. It was considerate of you." She walked at Obsidian's side as they made their way through the manor, though she was thankful to get to her room in which she moved inside without much of another word, closing it behind her with a click. She looked around the well decorated room, not taking note of what decorations there were before she just flopped onto the bed, happy to have at least a little bit of distance now between her and him.

The butler smiled and stated as they walked "I do my best to please our guest my lady." Obsidian sighed in relief as Midir entered her bedroom shutting the door behind her. As soon as he was shown his room right next to their he followed suit, quickly laying down on the bed and passing out for the next 7 hours.

In those seven hours Midir didn't too much, she just seemed to lay on the bed for a while then tried sitting in the window sill and looking over the gardens, just before moving to lay back down on the bed. It was only when the clock dinged she rose up and stretched, she could hear quite clearly the murmurs of people who arrived early and snapped her fingers as she got the dress back on. She pulled on some longer gloves to cover her arms, and tied her hair into a neat bun before looking at herself in the mirror. Thankfully the dress mostly covered the boots she would be wearing, she wasn't going to suspend herself on fine platforms. She moved from the door, opening it and closing it behind her with a neat click.

As the clock rang Obsidian himself had woken up. he put on a nice red, gold and white outfit using his magic. After that he stepped out seeing Midir and smiled before saying "You look beautiful Midir, I know you hate wearing it so thank you. I had a great nap and am looking forward to a wonderful dinner". He then looped his arm through Midir's and escorted her downstairs to the ball. As they walked in the crowd of nobles grew silent then bowed before them. Everyone in awe of Midir's beauty, and actually seeing Obsidian bring a date to the ball.

Obsidian's outfit: https://uyenvont.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_2963.jpg (https://uyenvont.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_2963.jpg)

"I didn't ask... but that's good to hear.." She gave him a slight smile and watched as they got down to the ball before looking over them all. "I suddenly feel very uncomfortable." She muttered before looking around, "So what do we do? Do we dance or do we just talk?"

Obsidian replied saying "Well I was trying to be nice, hoping to start this evening off right but hell..." As they walked through the crowds he heard her mention how she was uncomfortable and he replied "That makes two of us" Hearing her asked what to do he then said "Well We eat, dance and talk to people. Honestly I am here for the eating so lets start off with that".

He then escorted Midir to the buffet, where he got a plate for both of them and began to pick out food from the bountiful buffet before them. Though as they picked out food Lord Lakem and his wife came up and said hi to them "Well hello My Lord, I am so happy you and your fiance could make it." Obsidian then turned around and said "Oh yes, I wasn't able to introduce you last time, but this is Midir". Lakem and his wife then bowed before Midir and said "Its nice to meet you My lady, I am Lord Lakem and this is my wife Helena".

Midir looked at the food and placed some on a plate carefully, examining the pattern on the plate for a moment though she was taken away from her observations before looking over at the people coming. "Oh eheh not fiance yet just.. courting i suppose is the correct term Obsidian." She gave him a smile and placed a strawberry in her mouth before looking at the others again. "Nice to meet you both though, it truly is a pleasure."

Lakem and his wife chuckled at her reply and said "Oh well I never would have guessed Prince Obsidian would have trouble getting a woman." Obsidian then looked at him and replied "Oh you have no idea". That made them laugh. "Anyways we are happy the thrown has stayed true to the religion of the land. Just 20 years ago we thought that God had abandoned us, then the Ebon Angel showed up. Destroying entire Villages of dragon's, crushing the young ones and women before they could create more. Just when we where against the ropes he swooped in. I say God is on our side, not the side of those heartless monsters. Those beast have no souls, no emotions, they just kill us humans for their own amusement."

Though Obsidian put his hand up realizing what he was saying would surely upset Midir and honestly he didn't want to have a problem. "Honestly I am here to relax and enjoy the entertainment for the evening. I would rather leave work at work. I am thankful to God and the help he has sent us from above, but please tonight I want to focus on other things if you don't mind". Lakem then bowed before him and apologized before leaving them.

Midir tensed her jaw as she stared at Lakem remaining unamused, he had no idea. She had seen it there, how this thing acted and behaved how they all wined and dined over the fact that her people were being slaughtered, innocent people that had done nothing but tried to survive... She continued to stare at them as they left before placing the plate down. "I'm not hungry.." She muttered before letting her long red hair down, out of the stupid bun.

She took in a deep breath before looking to Obsidian hearing his words as they clicked a little in her head, something about what he was saying and how he was saying wasn't sitting right with her.

Obsidian sighed as Midir said she wasn't hungry and took her bun out. "Sorry about that, I can understand if your upset. I would be if I where in your shoes." Obsidian replied to her as he began to eat away at the food on his plate. He then looked to her and said "I promise we will leave in the morning, for now lets just try not to cause any trouble. Anyways I really don't like talking about the Ebon Angel..."

"Seems like the others can't get enough." She stated before running a hand through her fire kissed hair and closed her eyes, holding back the tears forming under them. She clutched the red egg stone on her necklace and muttered a few words before letting it go, as it rested back onto her chest, the necklace she was always wearing even in the prison. "Demons of the world... i suppose they can't possibly think of anything different.." She muttered and leaned back slightly. "Do you want to dance?"

"Yeah, the great guardian sent by God right.... just cannot get enough of it." Obsidian replied. He then continued to eat his eyes moving up and down Midir's body. Once she asked to dance Obsidian nodded "Yeah best to get it over with now". He then took Midir's arm and walked her out to the dance floor. He put one arm around her waist and held her hip while he took her hand in his and began to slowly dance with her as the band played in the back "Do you know how to dance?" Obsidian asked Minthra?

"Yes i know how to dance." She said to him before rolling her eyes and just began to lead him without a seconds notice, she had to learn rather early on it was a gift to turn into a human so she learnt various things. "From the way you're speaking about him.. makes it seem you are this angel sent from God.." She muttered as they dance, she was surprisingly decent at it, though she let him lead again should he wish to. "Obsidian i'm going to trust you with information... that if you act upon could start a war between the two races, or perhaps do some good." She took in a deep breath, "I am the princess of the Dracathane Empire, and i am next in line to become Empress..." She looked up at him, "Most marriages are for political gain and power situating... so maybe.. it would prove beneficial if we were to get married." She said slowly, she wanted the best for her people and it would be a start to stop hiding in the shadows.

Obsidian let her lead not really caring if she did. Though at her comment about him being the Angel Obsidian chuckled "Oh, well it would be hard for a human like me to pull something off like that. We both know I am closer to a demon then a angel." He then listened to what she said and stopped dancing for moment. "You are... and you want to marry me for real? Be honest with me... Are you marrying me just because I am next in line for the thrown? Honestly many woman have come to me and try to take advantage of me... I really get sick of it." Obsidian said to her.

Midir stopped with him and gave him a look, "I want to marry you because i like to think that at least in some part of the time we spent you realised i'm not evil, and i know you are far from that yourself...i want my people to stop being feared and if we work together we might actually be able to start..." She cut herself off, no now wasn't the time to bring up them. "I have no interest in your throne.. i am more interest in what we could accomplish... I'mnot some shallow... pardon my rudeness, i'm not some shallow bitch who's looking for an easy way to gain status.."

Obsidian listen to her first comment and said "Yes me and you could do a lot together, you are right. I have lost so much because of this war... though there are so many things... things you don't know... things that I don't know..." He then listened to her talk about how she had no interest in the throne, then he replied saying "Honestly your beautiful, strong and of Royal blood. On paper you would be the perfect Queen for me, with everything we could accomplish... its just that... I don't know if I could marry someone that got upset every time I kissed them.. let alone didn't even like it when I touched them"

She let out a long sigh and looked over to the side, "You kissed me once out of the blue for seemingly no reason... and i admit... i might have..." She fiddled with her hair slightly and looked down to her shoes. "Overreacted." She looked up at him, "If you have other suitors or people you'd rather take interest in that is fine... and what don't you know?"

"Well I have other suitors but none that interest me...." He responded to her. "Well how about this... kiss me right here and now... if it feels right, I will accept your proposal. Though I am not going to marry a woman I have never had a kiss with... just doesn't seem right" Obsidian responded. Deep down inside he did find Midir attractive, he did like her, though he was afraid... afraid if she found out who he really was she would hate him... worried that maybe she was playing him.

Midir perked her head up as he said that, and she could just hear in the back of her head. 'Shit.' She took in a deep breath and leaned up wrapping her arms around his neck as she went in to kiss him, just a slight worried gentle kiss. She was nervous doing this, but she could understand what he was after, she didn't want to force someone into spending the rest of their lives with her if it would mean they and her for that matter would despise each other for the rest of their days.

Obsidian was surprised to have her kiss him. Though he kissed her back wanting to feel it for himself. He kissed back deeply holding onto her hips as he leaned into the kiss. This time he didn't rush or force it, he made sure to take his time. Though as they kissed he could feel what was going on inside her heart. It was a spell or an enchantment. It was something he was always able to do. He felt the same fear and worry in her heart as was his. He didn't feel love though, which he had hoped for, something he had never felt. Though he didn't feel malice or evil. That was enough for him. After about 45 seconds he broke the kiss and looked into Midir's eyes and said "Fine I will marry you."

Though as soon as Obsidian said that a bunch of people around them starting clapping. Aparently He had gotten lost in his own world for a second and said it to loud. He couldn't help but blush.

Midir felt the beats of her heart against her ribs before moving back slightly as he looked up at him, having the kiss finished. She ran a hand through her hair, just her natural affinity for magic let her know there was something he was hiding from her, though she didn't decide to press it any further, as people started to clap. That was enough to snap her out of the train of thought to look around the place as they did. It wasn't exactly what she was expecting from him just announcing that. "I guess the word is out..." She said putting a smile on her face as she brushed the red hair from her face.

It took tens of minutes after the congratulations, the well dones and of course the oh so famous good lucks before she found herself standing outside. She didn't know how she got there, but was thankful to just be out there and away from the people inside, she sat down on the grassy hill and watched the setting sun, the orange orb in the sky beginning to descend casting oranges and purples in the sky before poof. It was gone, leaving the purples in the sky. A small breeze came through the air, causing her long fire kissed hair to sway in the breeze, though she couldn't help but wipe away a few tears from her eyes. She had just condemned a man to a probably loveless marriage.

Obsidian put on a smile and thank everyone who congratulated him as they walked around the room, though before he knew it Midir had disappeared so he looked around every where for her. That was until he saw her outside on a hill of grass by herself. Obsidian then quickly went out to her to see that she was crying. He then sat down next to her.

"Is it that bad that your going to be married to me that need to cry?" He asked Midir.

She glanced over her shoulder towards him and stood up slowly, "No it's not that.. it's.. i just.. i can't give you what you want.. and i'm just sorry that i've now condemned you to a loveless marriage... something that.." She shook her head and wiped her eyes for a moment, "Sorry.."

Obsidian shook his head and chuckled "Loveless is my life, anyways I am giving you the same thing so don't worry. I am willing to have a loveless marriage if it means peace. I only have 1 brother left. The other 6 died in the war with your people. I would like to have children someday. Don't worry about that now though, but I don't want them to suffer as I have." He then turned to Midir and said "I won't ask you to give me something you cannot, but one day can I ask that you give me children. One of the only things I have ever wanted in life was a family. My mother died when she gave birth to me... my father remarried. Most of my half brothers are dead. I feel guilty sometimes.... I want a chance to make it up and create a family that last and doesn't have to watch each other die. If you can give me that, then I will be happy" That was the first time Obsidian showed her a real part of himself, though he did so because if she was going to be his wife.... he at least wanted her to know that much.

Midir stood there for a long time, the purple sky casting a shadow over her face, and reflecting in the diamonds across her dress causing them to glisten and refract onto the ground around her. It was after a few minutes sh lifted her head and nodded, "I...i will try to give you children." She gave him a slight smile and bowed her head a little, wiping the tears from her eyes. "How many more people do we have to say thank you to for them congratulating themselves... i swear a few of the women in their are debating whether it is worth sinking a knife into my chest."

As Midir sat still unresponsive, Obsidian couldn't help but feel nervous. He was fine with a loveless marriage but he wanted children so badly. When Midir finally agreed for the first time she would she a genuine smile come onto her fiance's face as he said "Thank you very much it means the world to me. If there is ever anything I can do for you as your husband please let me know. It is the least I can do."

He shook his head at her next question and responded saying "No, I already thanked everyone. Let's just go get some rest, we have a long ridea to the capital tomorrow. There we will inform my father of everything. If anyone will understand he will".

Midir bowed her head to him and gave a slight smile, "You should have that smile on your face more often, it suits you." She stated before going to head back to the house at a leisurely pace, and returning to her room, she closed the door behind her before getting out of the dress and into the best excuse for night clothes she had, and crawled under the sheets, her head flopping onto the pillow with a thud.

He replied saying "There aren't many things in this world that make me happy, so this smile doesn't come out that often.". Obsidian walked with Midir back upstairs, he just told her goodnight before leaving giving her privacy. He then went to his own bed and closed his eyes saying to himself "I guess I am going to marry a dragon... how ironic" after that he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

When morning came he knock on Midir's door before coming in. "Time to get moving Midir, we have breakfast waiting for us then we are off to the capital "

Midir stirred a little before grumbling as she pulled the sheet over her head, causing it to expose her feet. "Can't i have five more minutes?" She called through the door, with a slight pleading tone there, she felt just so tired right now and she didn't know why. Reaching up to her neck she clutched the red egg stone and let out a long yawn. She didn't want to move just yet, but knew that there was something that Obsidian was set on. She crawled out of her bed, and swung the door open revealing the red poofy haired Midir in her night attire.

Obsidian sighed and was going to give her the 5 minutes she wanted but Midir had opened the door showing her poofy red hair which made Obsidian chuckle. "You look ridiculous, why don't you take some time to rest up and get yourself together." Obsidian told her as he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him. He then sat down on a chair in the room. "I hope you don't mind if I wait in here. I will have to socialize otherwise." Obsidian said.

"How many people are down there waiting to socialise with you?" She asked as she moved behind a changing screen and with a poof she came out fully dressed, her hair still poofy in places, looking like a rather large mane of hair. She ran a hand through it, contemplating something. "Maybe we should just go down like this and people will think i'm too bitter to talk to... you could just say oh don't mind her, she just needs my company and boom no one to talk to you bar me."

Obsidian shook his head "it is nothing like that. Its just Lord Lakem wants to chat... you know kiss ass. So don't worry, I already told him as soon as you are ready we are leaving. Basically he wants to chat while I wait for you to get dressed. Though I do love your idea, I will use that sometimes. At least I know my future wife is going to be smart" Obsidian said as he rested back on the chair.

"Mhm... though that can be a pain, with brains comes a smart tongue so in which i apologise for everything mean i say to you in the future in advanced." She added and flopped back on the bed, the open fur coat draping down after her. "Could we stop at the tailors before we go? I gave something to Linda to help her child.. and i want to see if it worked well." She muttered, staring up towards the cloth draped over the four poster bed. "Also how do people sleep in these giant things? There's just so much room in it... i mean do they expect you people to bring half a brothel up there to share one bed?" She questions, lifting herself up and giving Obsidian a puzzled look.

Obsidian nodded "Don't worry I can be the same way Midir" He then watched her flop down on the bed and began to check her out for the first time. Maybe it was because they where going to be married he finally opened his mind to the idea of them sleeping together... no one day they would... at least she was beautiful he thought. Though he quickly looked away catching himself. "Of course we can stop by the tailors, I am sure they will be happy to see us again and hear the news." He then listened to her talk about the bed which made him laugh "Well that bed was made for two people at least not one, and yes sometimes nobles do buy out an entire brothel and bring ladies up for the night. I have never done it myself, but it is not unheard of."

She gave a slight smile as he spoke before taking in a deep breath as she ran her hand through her bushy hair. "If you ever.. get bored i won't object to you acquiring company of that sort.. i just thought i'd make that clear." She gave him a slgith smile and nodded a little, she agreed to have children with him one day but that could be a while... or... she jsut didn't know and wanted to make sure that he knew he could... "Or.. whatever." she grabbed a clump of her hair and began to braid it, the clothes eh was wearing consisted of a green shirt underneath the fur coat witht he sleeve cuffs poking out from the sleeves, and baggy brown trousers tucked into brown cavalry boots; and of course that necklace. "Shall we get going..? I can skip breakfast but i might have to hunt something soon or on the road.."

Obsidian smiled at her and said "I plan on it... I just didn't want our first time together to be in a bed at anothers house. I heard a husband and wives first time together is suppose to be special, I cannot give you much as a husband so I thought I would at least give you that. Our first time together at our home, in our bed." He then replied to her comment about leaving by nodding and Obsidian replied telling her "Yeah lets get moving, Honestly I am getting home sick. In regards to breakfast Linda always makes wonderful donuts if you would like to have breakfast there?" Obsidian said as he got up preparing to leave with Midir.

"No no... when i say i need something to eat.. it's going to be quite a lot. My stomach is significantly larger than most.." She said as she tapped her fingers together before blowing some air out of her cheeks as she followed him out of the room and back to the horses, best to just get back on the road and put some more distance behind them. After the visit of course.

Obsidian paused as she mentioned eating a lot more "How much more.... like do we have to take down a herd of wild oxen... I mean I can do that I just need to know how much food we need to keep in stock for the future"

"A bit more than a oxen...just a large amount of food to fill... well a dragon." She says with a slight laugh, "I can eat regular food you digest but it's microscopic in comparison to the things i need over all, thankfully this is like a once every few day things. As soon as we're in the clear i'll change and go off for a bit before meeting back with you." She suggested giving him a kind hearted smile.

"So the entire herd?" Obsidian asked her teasingly he then responded to her next comment about turning onto a dragon and hunting "No I think you running around the country side hunting in your dragon form could cause a panic. I know your not going to do it near people but there are a lot of hunters around these parts. If just one spots you it would cause a panic. To see a dragon flying or even walking this deep in human territory could be a problem. Why don't you let me hunt some oxen for you, just let me know how many and I will get them for you"

She glanced at him before hunching over a little, "You're no fun sometimes.." She muttered and patted the horse a little. "Don't worry there, i won't be eating you anytime soon.." She gave a slight grin before looking over towards him. "Around six.. maybe seven of them if they are big ones, normal ones will take more." She added, rubbing her eyes as something had flown into it.

Obsidian nodded and stated "Fair enough, well I will make sure you get it." Then they arrived at the tailors. Obsidian then got off and tied up their horses but before they even could come in little Chelsea came running out with both of her legs. "OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" she yelled running up and hugging Midir.

Midir smiled a little, "Aaah my endearing Fiance." She mused before sliding off of her horse and petting the mane of it. Turning on around she was greeted by a hug, and it was probably an amusing sight to watch. This little girl hugging a full grown woman, who stood there with her eyes wide open and all the colour draining from her face as if someone had just slit her throat. "That's... wonderful..."

"Oh I am already endearing huh?" Obsidian replied teasingly. Obsidian laughed as the little girl hugged and squeezed on Midir, he couldn't help but enjoy her expression. "Now, Now Chelsea that is my Fiance I may get jealous if you hug her to much" The little girl then jumped back with wide eyes and put her hands to her cheek and squealled. At that her mother Linda came out and said "Now whats all the racket about!" Chelsea than ran up to her mother and shouted "OBSIDIAN AND MIDIR ARE GETTING MARRIED!"

That made Linda squeal now to. She then ran up to the two of them grabbing each other their hands "Oh my! I promise I will make you two the most beautiful wedding attire when the time comes! Also Midir thank you so much for healing my daughter! and Congratulations!!"

Midir glanced at her, just feeling suddenly very awkward about all of this and tried to smile, but ti just came across as a pained expression. "Hehe.... thank you, and really it was nothing." She said to her, rubbing the back of her head, just the word help me going into her head for the moment. She was happy to see that everything was better now here, and the other two were seemingly happier still. "That would be very great Linda, i'm sure it'll be a great item for a wedding!"

Obsidian chuckled at Midir's response and said "Oh yeah its nothing..." Then when Linda came out celebrating Obsidian said "Well the wedding won't be for a bit but I am sure you will see us again when the time comes. We are happy that Chelsea is feeling better. But we must get going." He then turned to Midir and said "Anything else you want to say or tell them before we leave?"

She stood there and shook her head for a moment, conveying her want to start heading off. "It was good to see you both again." She gave a little thumbs up to Chelsea hoping to god that she wouldn't hug her again to avoid that awkward situation. "Yeah i'm sure we'll be seeing each other again."

Obsidian smiled at her comments ready to head off as well. "Alright then lets get going" He then turned to the two other women and said "We will be in touch about the wedding". With that he jump on his horse and set off with Midir. As the road for a while they eventually reach a valley where Obsidian saw a herd of Oxen, he smiled and pointed to them "How about we get those for your feast? you can hide yourself in the woods right to them and I will drag them in for you"

She mumbled to herself as they apssed, she was a capable hunter.... but she didn't want to annoy anyone or give them a heart attack. "I don't know those woods are tightly packed there might be a risk of breaking a few of the trees." She stated before stroking her chin as she looked over the country side for a place to say. "There's a clearing not too far from here if we ride for just that little bit longer, it shouldn't be a problem."

Obsidian nodded at her suggestion "Okay lets ride to the clearing." He then road off with her into the clearing and had the horses tied to a strong tree near by. He then turned to Midir and said "I will be back in 10 minutes with 10 Oxen, if you need more I will go out for you again. Anything you don't eat just leave." Obsidian then casted a couple spells on himself. "I will be right back" Obsidian said, though he then quickly zipped away at a speed much faster than any horse, leaving an after image of himself.

About 10 minutes later Obsidian came zipping back in, dropping off dead oxen after dead oxen in front of her until there where 11 in total. "Sorry I went over board, please enjoy your meal" He said before releasing the acceleration spell on himself and sitting down.

Midir watched him dart off before settling down in the opening. Slowly her form began to shift as her skin was covered in white scales, her eyes turning a deep red as her size grew into the white scaled red maned dragon that took up most of the clearing, her wings tucked in close enough to her own body to prevent from knocking any of the tress away as if they were match sticks. Resting her head on her paw she waited for him to come out.

As soon as he came back with one Oxen she sunk her fangs into it and began to tear away the hunks of meat swallowing them quickly and efficiently, leaving nothing but a carcass there. Then when the next one came she tore into that one as well. It wasn't a pretty sight, but she was fairly hungry and it was evident by how she was eating.

Obsidian just sat there and watched as Midir ate like a starved peasant, honestly to see that he had not been properly feeding his fiance did hurt his pride. He was a prince, the last thing they should have to worry about is food. Obsidian then said "You should have told me you needed food sooner.... I would have gotten it for you....."

She chewed on the meat, her dagger like teeth piercing the flesh into a fine paste before swallowing it. "I told you when i needed it, it was just this morning i woke up and felt hungry as i'm sure humans do on time." She stated and bit down on the carcass tearing off another hunk of meat with a wet tearing sound as she swallowed it. "You have to remember i am a predator as well, i eat when i am hungry not because i feel like it." She stated and flexed her wings a little, "It is not a fault on your part.." She added, sensing his slight worry about this.

He listened to her and nodded replied to her first comment saying "That I understand, I will make sure we have plenty of livestock at the castle for you at all times." He continued to watch her eat, even flex her wings. At her last statement he said "I know its not my fault, I am just happy I know now."

She continued to chew the meat and smiled over at him, well it came across more as a twisted menace as her blood stained teeth were shown. She then took another strip of meat before reeling her head back and sent down a long spew of flame onto the remaining carcasses into ash for them to be taken away with the wind. She then turned back into her human form with the sounds of her bones cracking and creaking.

He just looked at her face oddly as her "Yeah... you should clean your teeth before you smile" He responded to her as nicely as he could. Once she had tranformed back he said "Well lets get going, we should reach the capital by nightfall." With that he was riding off with Midir.4

Midir raised an eyebrow before nodding at him and mounted onto her horse. "What's the capital like... i mean is there much else to see other than great buildings?" She asked, curious about this place she knew so little about, it was a strange feeling that settled in her stomach. It was certainly not something she had expected to be doing right now.

He smiled at her question as they rode answering promptly "Well yes, many great buildings. There is the great cathedral of course and the palace, we also have an amazing harbor. Oh! and the great food district. I will have to show you around!"

Midir gave him a smile before nodding. "Err... yes or a map could be helpful.. one of the two at least." She told him with a slight chuckle before looking over him again. "You sound rather proud of this place though.." She stated as her horse came closer to him and rode at his side.

He chuckled and replied to her saying "I will make sure you get a couple nice maps of the capital." At her question he replied "Yes I am very proud, my ancestors oversaw the building of the city. Starting off as a small village, now building it up to a metropolis. One day it will be my job to oversee and help grow the city, I look forward to doing my best and eventually passing it on to my offspring."

Midir remained quiet for a moment before looking over at her and taking in a deep breath. "Our job to grow the city." She stated and smiled a little at him before leaning over in her saddle to poke his cheek a little, trying to make an effort at least for him.

He chuckled at her response as she poked his cheek "Yes our job, forgive me I am still trying to get use to being engage. But yes... the two of us will grow it together". With that he was riding off with her to the city. Just as the sun set the came to the top of a hill and in the distance they could the see the great human city of Aqualia

Picture of Aqualia: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/636/599/large/philip-straub-metropolis-world.jpg?1429382097 (https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/636/599/large/philip-straub-metropolis-world.jpg?1429382097)

She smiled and leaned back into her saddle as they continued along the path, the dirt turning more into stone as they rode before she could see the large city laid bare before her. "Wow... that's.. quite the sight.." She stated to him and took in a deep breath before running a hand through her red hair. "I bet not many dragons have gotten this close to the city." She added and clutched the red stone of her necklace.

Obsidian smiled and said "Yes it is a beautiful sight, and no... you will be the first dragon to set foot in this city." With that he road off with her, the gates opened and the two of them road in. As the road through the city many bowed and cheered at Obsidian's return. He waived and smiled as the passed by the people.

She glanced at the gates before looking over to him. "Are we going to be honest with your father about where i am from?" She asked him, wanting to be sure that they could either be honest or agree on the same lie. She smiled a little at the people, seeing that there were a lot of people who respected the man she would call husband.

He nodded and replied "Yes I will tell him everything... he will understand." Before they knew it, the two had arrived at the large palace. The gates opened for them once again and he rode into the palace. Obsidian went to the guards and ask him where his father was The guard replied "My lord, your father is visiting a noble in the west. He will return tomorrow evening." Obsidian sighed and nodded before saying "Thank you".

He then guided Midir through the elebrate halls of the palace. "How about I show you to our room?" he asked Midir.

Midir took int the sight and waved at a few of the guards and was surprised to see tha they waved back at her before dismounting from her horse. "I will get my donkey you know.." She stated before turning towards him. "Oh that would be most kind thank you." She stated and waited for him to lead on towards the room she would call home.

Obsidian nodded and said "I will send out a group in the morning to retrieve that donkey for you, I promise". Once she responded to his question about heading to their bedroom he smiled and walked her up the large spiral stair case into the west wing of the palace. Once inside he took her down the hall and opened to door to a beautiful large blue room. "This is where we will stay... it honestly my preferred place to sleep" Obsidian told her as they walked into the room.

Picture of the room: http://gurtgreatdesign.com/img/dark-victorian-bedroom-architecture-decor-ideas-for-small-spaces-design-man-interior-modern-contemporary-girl-master-furniture-on-a-budget-guys-toddler-teenage-rooms-decorating-rem.jpg (http://gurtgreatdesign.com/img/dark-victorian-bedroom-architecture-decor-ideas-for-small-spaces-design-man-interior-modern-contemporary-girl-master-furniture-on-a-budget-guys-toddler-teenage-rooms-decorating-rem.jpg) (Ignore the electric lamps)

She looked around the room, and couldn't help but smile a little at it. "I suppose this is a nice room." She said in a quiet tone before tracing her hands along the drapes around the bed. She felt like a slight contrast to the blue of the room with her red hair, but there was definitely a light charm over the place that seemed nice. "Oh..we.. will i be staying i be sleeping in a different bed?" She asked him hooking her thumbs on the sides of her fur coat pockets.

Obsidian smiled saying "I am glad you like it, it is my favorite place to be honestly". He watched as he examined the bed, then after her last statement he replied "Well you can stay in the room next to here, but tonight I was hoping you would stay with me here". Obsidian then sat down on the side of the bed looking at her, his eyes moving up and down her body.

She furrowed her brow at him as he said this, tilting her head to the side with a questioning look upon her face before letting out a long sigh as she lolled her head back to look up at the ceiling. "I see... is it for company or the other thing?" She asked him as her hands sunk a little further into the fur pockets.

Obsidian sighed as he saw her reaction. "It is for what ever you want, hell you don't have to stay in here if you don't want to. If you don't want to I don't want you to anyways...." He replied to her. The reason he also wore gloves was because he hated touch. When ever he touch something there emotions poured into him. It didn't allow him to know the reason for the emotion but he could feel the emotion anyways. The last thing he wanted was to intimate with someone who didn't want to be intimate with him. All of Midir's uncomfortable and negative emotions would be pouring into him.

She furrowed her brow at him and let out a long sigh. "I was merely asking you Obsidian, you don't have to get so touchy all of the time." She added and gave him a smirk before letting out a sigh. "Sleeping in the same bed could be beneficial though. Would help get ready for the future." She walked over o the rather large bed and poke the mattress. "Which side do you prefer to lie on?"

Obsidian shook his head and replied "Your right, sorry. I guess I am a bit nervous. The last time I had sex... well things where rough." He then watched her as she came over and poked the bed and chuckled before saying "Well actually I don't really have a side. I just lay where ever, how about I take the side closest to the door so if someone comes in they see me first?"

She walked around it for a moment and slumped onto the side that she assumed would be hers now before nodding. "Yeah that sounds fair." She stated before looking over at him perking an eyebrow. "Who did you have sex with before?" There was intrigue in her voice as she smiled over at him, clearly showing an interest in this. "I thought that, no offence, someone a little stuck up as you came across hadn't done it before."

He watched as Midir crawled onto her side, thinking about how long it had been since he even allowed someone into his bed. He was so lost in thought that he didn't even hear her first comment. Then when she asked about who he had slept with, Obsidian snapped out of it. He just looked at her blinking, honestly surprised she was curious. Though when he heard her last comment he couldn't help but chuckle once again. "Well yes I have slept with multiple women, though none really worked out. Though intimacy is difficult for me.... when I touch others..... I can feel all the emotions going through them. I have to find out the reasoning for those emotions myself. Still the last one..... such malice, such hatred.... I felt it all. It is a curse I have, that is why I always wear there gloves, and why I told you if you didn't want to then I don't want to either. if your going to be my wife you should at least know that...." One of the greatest secrets of the angels was that they could feel emotions with touch. So he didn't mind telling her, instead of telling her it was because he was half angel, he just told her it was a curse.

Midir raised an eyebrow at him before taking in a deep breath as she began to trace her hand through the air, tapping herself and then reaching over and poking his forehead as rather strong spell was cast between the pair of them. Turning over on the bed she went to take his gloves off and then hold his hands in his letting out a long sigh. Hopefully if she had cast the spell right he wouldn't be able to feel her emotions. "I've cast a spell.. so i'm the only one who you don't have to wear those gloves for.. when we're here at least." She stated and gave him a slight smile, thinking it was a nice thing she did to give this to him at least, a place where he doesn't have to worry about this.

At first when she poked his forehead he began to feel her emotions pouring into him, though it didn't take long for that to go away. Then she took off his gloves and held onto his hands, when she did Obsidian jumped at first thinking his head was about to be bombarded with emotions. Though the assault of emotions never came. He then listened to what she said and a smile came over his face. Unable to help himself Obsidian just said "Thank you so much" before leaning in and giving Midir a deep kiss.

Midir smiled at him as he seemed to just like the simple pleasure of being able to hold her hand. Smiling she was surprised as he leaned in and kissed her, shock was the first thing that came into her mind though it was slowly replaced with a slight bit of comfort as he kissed her. She held it for a moment or two before moving back and bowing her head with a smile. "You're.. ehm.. you're welcome Obsidian."

Obsidian enjoyed the kiss, it was his first time experiencing it without the onslaught of emotions. It was so freeing that Obsidian didn't want it to end. When Midir broke the kiss and said your welcome Obsidian nodded and replied "That was very freeing.... anyways lets get some rest okay?".

Midir smiled at him before giving a slight nod as she stretched her arms above her head. "Yeah i think that would be best." She told him and went to get onto the bed, slipping out of her coat and that was about it as she laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling for a moment.

He nodded and agreed with her before doing the same, now just laying down in his undergarments on the bed. Obsidian wacthed as Midir took off her coat, still gazing at her body unable to stop thinking about it. She did have a wonderful body. Wide hips for bearing children, large breast for feeding them to. She was also a princess, what a great catch.... Though she didn't love him, and he didn't want to force her into sex. As she laid down next to him he asked her "So have you ever been with a man?"

She looked over at him before raising an eyebrow. "A man.. no.. a dragon.. a few." She shrugged a little before letting out a long sigh. "It is nothing special though or worth mentioning... just what you'd expect in all honesty.. My father came to me one day and said you are now of age, and thus it just kind of happened then and there with my own kind of whom i don't know their names. What about you? Any interesting ones?"

Obsidian chuckled at her statement and replied saying "Sounds like you don't even know who you have had sex with". Though when he heard the next story he just understood why she didn't know there names and frowned a bit. At her question he then replied "Well yeah, some crazy. One time I slept with this girl, well I couldn't really finish because all I felt coming from her was hatred and malice. Turns out she was plotting to kill me and my father.... does that count for interesting or am I a bad story teller?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Sounds like you have a poor taste, why did she hate you?" She asked and closed her eyes as she rested her hand behind her head, and took in a deep breath at least she was happy to hear something from him. "And yeah you're not the best story teller." She teased and poked his side.

Obsidian laughed at her comment and replied "She hated me because her father was a noble who was stripped of his title after we found out they had been a refuge for spies. There family lost everything so she blamed us for it. I didn't know she was related, because she used a different last name." As she poked him on the cheek and tease him Obsidian rolled over on his side and looked at her "Well forgive me I was trained to be a warrior not a scribe. At least it I could put you to sleep with my terrible story right?"

"Oh it could knock out an army." She commented to him as she kept her eyes closed, "If you were a dragon you'd have time to be trained for both aspects of it. A warrior and a scribe, or scholar depending on how you wish to call them." She let out a long sigh and remained how she was pretty much, barely moving on the bed, as she seemed to have just found the perfect spot straight away, having little room to complain about sleeping on a bed and not on a road was a nice change.

"Now that was a low blow" Obsidian replied to her first comment with a chuckle. He then listened to her next comment and replied "Well I have been taught how to read and write, and culture, economics, philosophy, but mostly how to fight. As they next king they where things I had to know, but the art of story telling... that wasn't something nessicary for me. I had many duties at a young age.... though lets just get some rest for now". He then rolled back over and went under the thick blankets falling asleep quickly next to Midir.

Midir shrugged a little and was about to say something, but he had arleady began to fall back asleep. Letting out a deep breath she closed her eyes once more and began to fall asleep, ever so slowly drifting to the land that was ruled by the dreamer alone.

At some point in the night Obsidian woke up. He then turned over to see Midir still sleeping. He slowly moved his hand over to touch her and see if her spell was still in effect, only to find out it was. He then decided he wanted to try something, she was his wife so it should be okay. He slowly moved over closer to her and wrapped his arms around her holding her tightly trying to see if he could hold her while he slept.

Midir remained asleep as his arms wrapped around her rather soft form and pulled her closer towards his chest. Some of her red hair moved over her face as he pulled her towards him and she remained sleeping and seemingly not very disturbed by his move.

Obsidian couldn't help but move some of Midir's hair away from her face before going back to holding her. He then promtly feel asleep still holding onto his fiance hoping the spell would not dispel before he awoke.

Back
Top Bottom