Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Princess and The Prince of Men (Ezra and Johnizbeast)

Once she patted his shoulder he smiled at her and gave a nod. The king then replied to Midir and said "Your welcome my Lady". He then listened to what she said before saying "Don't worry about her, she is just emotional. Over time she will understand. No I do believe you are being truthful. Though I do have some questions, I need answered. My first one is, if you are a dragon how did you take a human form?"

Midir let out a sigh before twirling her hair around her finger, causing it to strain slightly and tense. "I understand your question.. and if i knew how to answer it i would, it is just something i have been able to do. Unlike skilled dragons who can cast a polymorph spell.. for maybe an hour this i can hold indefinitely.. as for why. Your guess is as good as mine." She gave him an apologetic look before looking down at the ground, if her father could hear her now..

They both listened to her, though once she finished King Magnus sighed, though once he did Obsidian replied saying "What she says is true, I have seen her stay in her human form for days. She also does have a dragon form." Magnus looked to his son and nodded "Alright I trust you my son, though there is one problem. As long as we are at war with the dragons I don't think your marriage will work. For the two heirs of two Waring kingdoms to marry is unheard of. I will not put you in chains or have you Tortured Midir, but before you can be accepted as king we must make a peace treaty with the dragon.... do you think you can convince your family to sign a peace treaty? If we can be at peace I would happily bless and support your union."

She closed her eyes for a moment, "After talking to you i was going to begin to head back to the empire and talk to the emperor... my father...he is not going to be easy to convince." She said before looking down at the ground. "But i am willing to try..Most in the dragon kingdom are growing tired of this whole war and we do not wish to go extinct. We may be one of the oldest races in this land but we need to change to survive." She muttered closing her hand around the red stone on her neck. "I am sorry for what has happened to your family.."

Magnus nodded and smiled at her words before saying "Then head to the dragon kingdom tomorrow morning with my son. You two will go together, just as you have both come here. I will write a letter expressing my support of this union in the name of peace. Why don't you rest up hear tonight, I want to show you our hospitality." Obsidian could only smile at his fathers words. He knew that his father would understand and support him.

Midir bowed her head a little before running a hand through her red hair, this was not going to be easy. The empire was a big place and the only real way to get remotely close to the capital was to fly. "Understood.. just...please make it very cear that it is from you and you DO support this endeavour." She stated and ran a hand through her hair once more, feeling tension building in her stomach.

Magnus nodded and replied "Of course my dear, I will make sure to be straight forward and let your father know that I support your union and peace. Hopefully we can build a better bridge to tomorrow, I am tired of seeing young men and women die in battle. Now why don't you two go enjoy the castle for a bit, I have to take care of some things including the letter. I hope that you two would join me for dinner. There I will have my wife apologize for her rudeness towards you Midir, I am sorry that such things happened."

Magnus then turned to his son and said "I am proud of you Obsidian. You have chosen a fine queen, and a better path for our people. If your mother was still alive I am sure she would be proud of you to." Those words made Obsidian smile that genuine smile he had only showed to Midir once, now twice.

She took in a deep breath before giving a smile and nodded her head. "I understand." She told him and glanced over at Obsidian once again before she turned to head out of the throne room in a few simple strides. She ran a hand through her hair once she got out and began to slide down the wall just outside the room as she let out a silent scream into her hands as a way to relieve the stress that had built up inside of her. "Okay... one leader down.." She muttered and knocked her head back on the wall behind her before she let out a low laugh trying to keep herself from cry just from the overwhelming sense of emotion over her.

While Midir was outside Obsidian continued to talk with his father. Magnus asked him "Does she know?" Obsidian shook his head "No I haven't told her any of it yet". That made magnus sigh "Well you should tell her before you get to the dragon kingdom. If they find out there you may not leave alive." Obsidian nodded before taking his leave.

Obsidian then found Midir right outside the door looking very distressed. He then went up to her and took both of her hands in his. "What is wrong Midir? is everything okay?" He asked her with a look of worry on his face.

"Nothing nothing just everything catching up to me." She said with a heavy sigh before biting her nail a little and glanced over him for a moment before shaking her head as she rested her hands on her hips. "It's okay though, hehe nothing to worry about at all or to well... worry about!" She muttered trailing off as she began to look down at the floor.

He listened to her words though he wasn't an idiot. Her actions and her words didn't go together he could tell how nervous Midir was. In a matter of fact he had never seen her like this, she disheveled, and almost looking disoriented. Obsidian nodded then reached out and just hugged her. ".....I heard that when your significant other is feeling down you should hug them.... is it working?"

"It kind of helps." She mutters before hugging him back and letting out a long drawn out sigh as she stayed there for a moment before moving back. "Okay.." She places her hands on her hips and turns around. "What now..?"

"Glad I could help" Obsidian said, though when she back up and asked what now he just replied "Well for now we go to our room and relax. We have dinner in about 4 hours. You seem stressed so instead of wondering I say we just take it easy." Obsidian then took Midir's and and began to walk with her through the halls letting her lean on him if she needed to. Though as they walked through the living quarters a loud shout could be heard coming from behind "OBSIDIAN!!! HOW COULD YOU!!!!"

Obsidian then turned around to see his younger brother charging towards them. He then let go of Midir's hand and step forward towards him "Brother what is going on?" "What's going on?! That is what I asked my mother who I found in tears the same thing..... then she told me your planning on marrying a dragon princess!!" His brother replied. Obsidian then took a deep breath "Listen Beryllonite, our union will lead to peace. Think about it! No more dead children on either side, no more blood shed, this war has gone on long enough."

Beryllonite then shook his head and replied "Are you referring to the human children the dragons have killed or all the dragon children you have killed?" At that comment Obsidian's demeanor changed completely and he walked right up to his brother and grabbed him by the shirt and yelled "SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!" Beryllonite then scuffed for a moment looking at Midir "She doesn't know does she?" Obsidian then yelled at him again "I SAID SHUT UP!" Beryllonite then said "Afraid to tell her half breed? Afraid that once she finds out how many of her innocent kin you have slaughtered she will turn on you?"

With those words Obsidian Punched his brother in the face so hard that he ended up flying across the hallway, he then yelled "IF YOU RUIN THIS FOR OUR PEOPLE I SWEAR TO GOD BERYLLONITE!!". His brother then stood up shaking at the legs from the force of the punch. He then leaned up against the wall "Father should have never named you king, we need a human on our thrown in times of war... not a half breed... not you Ebon Angel... Do me a favor and tell her how just before you went to get her you killed an entire village of dragons... woman and children, I believe the report said you killed 50 children and 80 women in the assualt in your angel form. Once they know who you are the dragons will never accept your union, angel of god......" With that Beryllonite walked out of the hallway holding onto the wall.

Obsidian was just frozen in place not even able to turn around and look at Midir.

As he turned around Midir would be no where to be seen, where she stood would just be nothing there. Midir had vanished. She didn't know where she was she just went to a place she felt safe and slumped onto the ground bringing her knees up to her chin. She was sitting on a cliff side facing the Fire Sea. She just closed her eyes listening to the waves crashing against the smooth black rocks, and below a beach of volcanic sand.

The wind blew slowly through her hair and ripples along the grass. She had her suspicions from the way how he acted before when the angel was mentioned of course. But now that it was out in the open.. She let out a long sigh before resting her hands in her head. "What am i doing..." She muttered, she couldn't bring herself to cry at all or even feel betrayed. She needed a moment to herself to process this... It would be better for them if this unio-.. She couldn't focus on planning right now and everything just got on top of her as she felt burning orange tears steaming out of the corners of her eyes.

Obsidian eventually turned around to see Midir was missing which made him punch the wall next to him causing the brick in the wall to crack. "GOD DAMN IT!!" Obsidian screamed. He didn't want Midir to find out like this, no not like this. He couldn't even bring himself to chase after Midir. No, he had deceived her. He told her he wasn't Ebon Angel, then took her hand in marriage. He didn't have the right to chase after her instead he just went into his bedroom and curled up under the covers thinking about what he might have lost.

As Midir began to cry overlooking the ocean that Aqualia was next to a man walked up beside her and sighed before saying "You know this is where I first met Obsidian's mother... sometimes I come here hoping that God would send her back down to me. That after she died God would take her back and she would come to embrace me once again. So every day I come here hoping to hold her in my arms once more" Magnus said standing next to Midir.

Midir took in a deep breath as she stayed there and just glanced over at Magnus before she turned her gaze back to the ocean. She remained quiet for a long time as he spoke before she wiped her eyes and chuckled. "You see.. your god could be different from ours... or the same...Do you ever think God and the Devil are sometimes the same person.. which is why bad things happen to good people? I honestly don't know what to think Magnus." She rested her head in her hands, "If this happened... are we really the evil creatures people think we are? I've heard your people cheer for the evil that we had brought.. and i've heard my people some cheer some mourn for the deaths of your people.. Do people mourn for dragons Magnus... or when Obsidian takes to the skies everyone feels that little bit safer?"

"Honestly the longer I live the more I tend to think the same thing, maybe our gods are one in the same. Maybe God and the Devil are the same person. My God took away my beloveds wings when she became pregnant with Obsidian. She then got weaker by the day because of it dying in childbirth..... It is hard for me to imagine a good god doing that to her.... Though for the sake of my people and my sanity I must believe" He responded. He then listened to her next question and replied "Obsidian mourns for the dragons... I cannot tell you how many nights he woke up screaming and crying having visions of the past. He cried so much when he was younger, asking why he has to kill them. Sometimes when he comes back I see signs in his eyes that he had been crying during his missions. I am the worst father... to put my own son through such things for the sake of my people...."

"I suppose if there is a good it might have favoured your side that day.." She muttered and moved closer to the edge to swing her legs over the side of it, her legs dangling over the side of the black cliffs. "Did you know this is called the Fire Sea because Viceros, the Gold rumoured to set the entire ocean on fire to defeat the World Snake that was said to be slowly eating the islands... causing the earthquakes... and now people believe the roads that link all the lands of this world are his petrified remains..It's a nice story... simple... you have a good guy and a bad guy." She shook her head, "The world isn't like that though... of course it isn't it would be a crap place if it were.. If there were good guys and bad guys in this world, you would have your family and my head would be mounted over someone's wall." She looked down at the red stone around her neck before resting it in her hands, "My father is not the nicest out there, in all honesty it'll take convincing to get him to agree, and near impossible now. As Emperor he... couldn't grow to love his children. He knew the risks of us living would be, and to grow to love us would mean a weakness about him which would have been hard to keep his rule... Many years ago there was a talk of sending every single dragon over the lands to scorch the earth, he stopped it. This war has taken so many twists and turns that the lines have become blurred and we're missing the true enemy..."

"Maybe good did favor us that day, or maybe it was evil...." Magnus then listened to her story and nodded to her replying "Yes I have heard that story and I agree, except for one part. Honestly I think it would be my head on your wall. I have sent my children into the front lines to die along with so many of my people. Tormented by sons soul, married a woman I do not even love. Some times I wonder if Humanity is the true evil. Wonder if we are the ones who seek out blood and not the dragons. I have met so many humans who would rather watch dragon blood spill than have peace. Including my own family of course. It really does make one wonder who the real enemy is". After listening to her story about her father Magnus replied saying "Well it sounds like me and the dragon king have more in common than I thought... we both put our children on the chopping board and we both seem to have children who are much wiser than us."

Magnus then knelt down next to Midir and took her hand in his "Midir, please don't hate my son. I am the one who made him do such things at the age of 10. I forced him into that life even though I knew he was just a child. I am not asking you to love him... but please give him a chance. I am the one who also made the decree that he is not allowed to tell anyone. If you blame anyone blame me.. and tell your father if he needs a head to take mine."

"Emperor.." She corrected him as he said Dragon King. "We have different customs i suppose." Though as he took her hand she glanced at it before giving a slight smile. "I would be a weak person if i gave up just because something like this was thrown into my face." She muttered before taking in a heavy breath on her chest. "I just needed some time to process this..."

"My apologies, Dragon Emperor" He then listened to what she said after giving him a smile, Magnus returning with a smile of his own before saying "Your a strong and wise woman. You will make a great ruler one day. Take the time you need to process this, also don't worry about dinner I will have it brought to you. The rooms next to my sons is free if you wish to sleep away from him tonight. Also do not worry about him bothering you I am sure he will seek you out right now. He will wait for you to come to him, honestly he probably doesn't even now how to talk to you about this. So don't worry about him" With that Magnus let go of Midir's hand and stood up saying goodbye to Midir before going back to the castle.

She remained at the cliff front watching the waves continue to crash against the black rocks as she just let herself relax before she rose up onto her feet and looked over the sea, thinking that as the sun continued to set she saw a familiar sight. She closed her eyes for a moment as a comforting breeze moved through her hair and she gave a slight nod before she made her way back tot he castle. KNocking on Obsidian's door she pushed it open. "You seem to be sulking.."

Obsidian had to transform every once and a while or his Angel form would come out on its own. It was especially hard to keep in it when things got stressful or emotional for him. So he decided to transform while Midir was out. He took off his shirt and his wings sprouted from his jet black wings. His hair had gold streaks in it, and his once green eyes where now gold. He then wrapped a blanket around himself to cover up his wings. Though after a couple hours Midir came into the room. His wings where covered up by the large blanket, though when he heard her voice he just turned to her showing Midir his gold eyes for the first time. He then just looked away from her before saying "I am sorry..... I didn't know how to tell you"

She looked at him for a moment before going to slap him across the face. "Okay that's for not telling me once we met." Then she sat down next to him and hugged him gently as she leaned in close to him. "Now don't go hiding anything from me again okay?" She tells him, before brushing back some of his hairs.

Obsidian let Midir smack him without doing anything. He knew he deserved the smack, and hell he would have let her kiss him again. Though what she did next is what he didn't expect. As she hugged him his eyes went wide. Then as he listened to Midir while she brushed the hair out of his eyes tears began streaming out and he quickly returned her hug. "I am so sorry Midir..." Obsidian said his wings now coming out from under the covers and wrapped around Midir as well. They began to produce heat and a golden aura began to form around them. The heat didn't hurt Midir, instead it would make her feel warm inside, and comforted.

Back
Top Bottom