Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Build A Dynasty (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

Regulus just let Aemira relieve her hand from his. He let the wind blow to through his long white hair just blow in the wind with hers. Eventually he turned away from her and began to walk and sit under a near by tree. He then began to think... his heart wanted love so bad and the woman standing before him... Regulus knew he was falling in love with her... but he couldn't. Right then he decided to build up walls around his heart completely, the only way to keep her out.

Aemira swayed back and forth in the wind before looking towards him as he moved away towards the tree to the side. Raising an eyebrow she walked over to him before nudging her foot onto his. "Okay what's wrong?" She asked him, a serious look on her face, her red and blue eyes fixed on his own. "Tell me and be honest." She muttered, before going to sit down next to him and brought her knees up to her chin as she looked over the fields in front of them.

Regulus looked up at her said "Nothing I am just sitting here, is something wrong with you?". His demeanor had change, his face was expressionless and his ton of voice was that he had at the party when he didn't know he was talking to her. He then stood up and said "We should go back to the castle, I have to prep things for the war." With that he walked right past Aemira towards the dragons.

The dragons by then had already taken off after they landed and were long gone by then. "Well you just seem a little down.. and well icy now." She says before brushing a hand through her hair. Studying him quietly as he certainly seemed different. She rolled her eyes a little before placing her hands into her coat pockets. "You know you can speak to me if you want.." She added before stumbling and falling forward onto the ground. She silently cursed herself, thinking that she had gotten better.

Regulus sighed seeing the dragons where gone he then turned to Aemira and replied "I am just back to the old me, don't worry about it." He then looked around pulled out his palm and made a compass appear so he could find the direction of his castle. As he did so he listened to the next thing Aemira said "I will talk to you when ever you want, just let me know when and what you want to talk about." Instead of grabbing Aemira in his arms as she fell is castes a spell to catch her then lifted her up in the air. He then kept her floating in the air as he walked towards his caslte making sure to use a spell to monitor Aemira's vitals.

Aemira felt the ground not impact her and get lifted into the air. "Well the old you certainly seems like a barrel of laughs." She mutters before looking down beneath her. "You can put me down thank you." She said in a very lady like voice. She didn't know what had gotten into him but it was certainly not something that she liked. Two people could play at this game... was the thought that went through her head as she stayed there.

At her comment he used his magic to put her down, then kept walked as he said "Yeah humor isn't my strong suite, hope that doesn't stop you from wanting to be my friend". To Regulus this was not a game this was his only way to protect himself from falling deeper in love with Aemira. Either distance himself emotionally or fall deeper in love with someone who wasn't even interested in returning his feelings. Right now his kingdom was on the brink of war. He couldn't afford to have his heart in such a delicate state. So as the king Regulus decided to harden his heart and just let it go.

She landed on the ground with a soft thud before cocking her head to the side a little, afterwards she shook her head before going to walk a little faster to pull away from him. She kept her hands behind her back as she walked, he was treating her differently, it might be colder but he just seemed like he didn't know her or want to be there. She shook her head and just continued to walk, holding her coat closer to her.

The walk home was silent all Regulus did was occasionally turn around and check on Aemira to make sure she was fine. He listened to her foot steps as well as they walked. He began to think and realized to a fey her age, Aemira probably thought of him as a child. He couldn't blame her either, though it was to bad. Though this is the way things where, he just concieded that love between them was probably not going to happen ever.

Once they arrived back at the castle she made her way back to her room, heading through the corridors as she hummed quietly to herself, taking her mind off what seemed to be a fleeting thought for a moment. Once at her room she closed the door behind her with a gentle click before sniffing the air. She could smell a storm was coming, and sure enough the grey clouds over head began to look more and more ominous.

Once inside Regulus just walked back to his room and shut the door. He then went walked into his bathroom and began to run a bath. Eventually he was looking in a mirror as he prepared to go into it, though anger began to overtake him. Angry at himself for not being able to handle it, feeling as if he had failed. He then punched the glass causing it to crack and break. Though he also cut his hand badly. He just ignored it and went into the bath tube and began to bath just letting the small cuts on his hand bleed and turn the water pink. He wouldn't die from such wounds, so he just said forget it.

She sat on the edge of her bed before looking over towards the swords that were mounted. Taking a cushion from the bed she laid it down and knelt on it. Clasping her hands together she began to pray quietly in her first tongue. The incense around the swords burning lightly sending an almost wild like smell through the room as she waited and prayed going through what her usual daily routine would be.

After his bath Regulus got out and dried himself off. Once he was dry he realized his hand was still bleeding as the towel had red stains all over it. so he made sure to get out the pieces of the mirror that where still stuck in his hand. After that Regulus wrapped his hand up in a bandage then walked out his room to the library before getting a number of books and walking back.

Aemira stopped for a moment as she saw him in the library. She had decided to visit a few hours ago and had been reading a few books and bits within the library. Though as he passed her she threw a book in front of him to stop him from walking away. The book just floating in front of him. "Do you have feelings for me Regulus?" She asked him, simply, as she placed her hands together and crossed her legs, wearing a dark green nightgown.

Regulus stopped in front of the book then turned to Aemira and listened to her words. He just shook his head before replying "I already told you that I do... but I would make sure nothing would come of them... and now I have buried them. So don't worry about.... is there anything else you need?"

"I mean really Regulus?" She asked her before looking to the side and took in a deep breath as she closed her eyes. "If you really then i will agree to one courting." She said before rising from her chair, "Leave at my door a place and time and i will be there.." She said to him simply and plucked the book from the air before walking away. "Don't bury your emotions though, a stone king never managed to conquer the world."

"Yes really" Regulus replied he then listened to her next statement in disbelief. Though when she tried to walk away Regulus got in front of her and said "What do you mean five me one courting? This whole time you have been acting like you want nothing to do with me romantically. Now you just say you get one chance to court me. I don't want a hand me out, don't you get it? I want someone who fucking loves me for me, not someone who is just trying to be nice. So tell me this Aemira, do you have any feelings for me?" Regulus asked. Honestly he had no interest in trying to court Aemira if she didn't have feelings for him. If he was going to court someone he wanted to make sure the the feelings where the same this time.... not just a one way.

"I mean you can court me once Regulus..." She said a bit of hair covering her face as she stared at him. "What do you want me to say? That i am in love with someone that i have just met? Someone that i barely know? Come on Regulus that is just unrealistic." She said before brushing the hair from her face, "This courting is not just for you Regulus it is for me too." She added and hugged herself a little, "But if you do not wish to engage in it then that is fine. But anything is better than seeing this cold statue that has been in front of me for the passed hours."

Regulus just shook his head and replied "No, no... I promised myself I would only court someone who has feelings for me and I feelings for them... so the answer is no I do not want to court you. Maybe I am shallow for developing feelings for you so soon... then so be it. Do not ask me to court you again unless you have feelings for me Aemira, and if that time never comes then so be it.. because I would only want to court you if you had feelings for me" Regulus told her before walking away.

"How am i supposed to develop feelings for someone who doesn't even want to court someone." She laughed out and tilted her head a him shaking her head in disbelief. "Fine well i guess that's that then." She told him and once they got to a corridor she turned and headed back to her room, not able to see where he is trying to come from. There were lots of people out there who probably had feelings for him and had never met him. She had known him for a few weeks at that, she couldn't think how she would develop feelings for someone who she knew barely anything about. Kicking her door as she shut it she just disappeared beneath the furs of the bed.

"I don't know, maybe I am a shallow man" Regulus replied as he headed out. He then went back to his room and just threw the books all over the room. He then grabbed his trusty sword ready to train though instead the sword zapped him making him drop it to the ground. He then went to pick it up again and it zapped him even harder "What the hell is going on?". Angry that his sword wasn't letting him pick it up, Regulus was forced to walk to Aemira's room and knock on the door saying "I am having trouble with my sword... will you help me out?"

Aemira heard the knock on the door and took a few minutes to get herself up. She slipped out of the bead and pulled on her night gown, tying the silken sash around her waist to close it around her bare form. She should really stop sleeping naked with the amount of people that seem to come knocking. Snapping her fingers she lit the incense in front of her own swords and uttered a quick prayer before walking to the door and opened it. "Trouble with your sword... yes of course." She brushed some of her black and white hair from her face and began to walk down to where his room was, her bare feet tapping on the stone floor beneath her. "May i ask what exactly is wrong with your sword?"

Regulus just looked away as she spoke. Honestly Aemira looked to damn good in that nightgown. He did respond to her last statement saying "Well it is shocking me and not letting me hold him.... I don't know why but... well I was wondering if you could come to my room and figure out whats happening.... you can speak to him right?"

She nodded and eventually got to his room, seeing the sword on the ground she crouched down before gently poking it with the tip of her finger. Reaching forward she closed her hands onto it and knelt down onto her knees on the ground, holding the blade with the flat of it resting in the palms of her hands as she closed her eyes. With her chest rising and falling it looked like she was meditating. After a moment she stood up and held the sword in her hand by the handle. "It just thinks you're emotional state is changing too much. Thinking you're not worthy to wield it safely in this state." She added and looked around before resting the blade carefully on an elevated position.

Regulus followed Aemira back to his room, and watched her closely as she bent down and examined his sword. He couldn't help but be fascinated as he watched her work. Honestly everything about her was just so... then Regulus shook his head getting those thoughts out of his head. Though the words that came out of Aemira's mouth upset him "What do you mean it thinks I am not worthy? not safe for me to wield it in my state! I am perfectly fine the way I am!" Regulus then took a deep breath "Sorry I didn't mean to yelll... its just this has never happened... a war is coming and now my trusty sword won't even let me use it."

Back
Top Bottom