Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Build A Dynasty (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

She rubbed the back of her head and took him yelling with a frown. "That's part of it, you're lashing out randomly maybe. Perhaps just trying to talk to it may help." She placed her hands behind her back and headed towards the door, "I'll leave the pair of you alone for now." She added and placed her hand on the handle of the door before going to head out of his room.

"Talking to it?" Regulus replied, though it seemed that Aemira was serious because she just left the room. Regulus then knelt before the sword and took a deep breath before saying "Hey buddy.... I guess I have never really talk to you before but I need you right now... A war is coming and I am going to be at the front line. Without you I don't know if I can protect my people properly. I know I am going through a rough patch.... but partners travel through the patches together right? I just need you to stay by my side through this... so please don't leave me just yet". Regulus then reached out to grab his sword once again to see if it would shock him.

Aemira was waiting outside, her arms crossed and heard him talking to the sword at least. Closing her eyes she leaned her head back against the wall, when she didn't hear the zap or swearing of someone who had just been electrocuted she bowed her head. Placing her hands behind her back she began to walk back to her room, taking the longer scenic route there that moved through the gardens. The crisp night air bit against some of her exposed skin, whilst her feet touched the small cobblestones beneath them. It was certainly a nice night.

Regulus picked up his sword and it seemed not to zap him this time. He then took a deep breath and smile, though he had to make sure to thank Aemira. Even if he was doing his best to bury his emotions for her, he still had to do the proper thing in situations like this. Though as soon as he opened the door his guards came to him and said "Sire.... The Grayham Empire has attacked a legion of our troops on the boarder.... we have also received this from their king." Regulus took the letter, though he already knew what he would read once he opened it... and sadly he was right. It was a declaration of war from the Grayham Empire.

Aemira got to her room eventually and looked around the place, she could tell from the way the castle had suddenly burst into life that things were far from good. Making her way inside her room she quickly changed into a dark red and blue scaled armour, similar to how her dress was. Though the scales on this seemed to have dark sapphire scaled chest pieces gauntlets and pauldrons with red scaled patterns on it. Oddly she wore no armour on her legs, most likely for freedom of movement grabbing her twin swords she snapped them together and sheathed them, before grabbing her helmet and tucking it under her arm. Rolling her shoulders under her armour, she could feel the light material there. The armour made from the same of the swords was still under construction, and this had seen her through enough time anyway. Underneath her chest piece was a dull chain shirt that seemed to absorb the light making the links be made of the darkest of metals.

After reading the letter Regulus ordered that all his men be called in, to began to ready all the supplies that have been gathered over the last month. He then ordered a meeting with his generals and began to move even more troops to the borders. After that he went to find Aemira, though when he walked into her room he saw she was dressed for battle. "Aemira.... I don't want you on the front line. I am sure you are a capable warrior but we need you here to make weapons. I also cannot let you get hurt.... I appreciate you being ready but please stay here... anyways if anything happens we need someone strong here." Regulus said.

Aemira nodded at him as she rested her hand on the pommel of her swords, "Understood, and well no harm in wearing armour in case the fighting gets here." She mutters and tosses him a cloak. "Put it on, and wait five minutes then it'll bind to you and you can glide, it's standard issue for my kind." The cloak was made of a leathery membrane that seemed stronger than the most worn travelling cloak and light. "It's a gliding cloak, and a little heat proof." She then goes to walk passed him to find her dragons and let them know to stay down in the caves for now.

Regulus replied with a smile "Thank you very much for understanding." He then take the cloak and wraps it around himself nodding "Thank you very much I will keep it on myself at all times. I appreciate your gift." Regulus said bowing before her. As she left, Regulus soon left to preparing himself to go to the front lines. He didn't mention it to Aemira but he knew the fighting would be nasty. He also made sure that more than enough guards would be left at the castle to protect the near by city and Aemira.

The opposing army was little to scoff at. It was clear that the letter had been sent at the latest time that would qualify for an early warning. The army was pretty much together, and there there were sporting their golden and green banners of a silvery grey ram, resting on a gold and green field. There was little chance to begin to get ready as the battle seemed to be moving closer towards the castle, many people mounted on steeds rearing from the nose and the weights of their riders. Though in the centre was the Mountain Goat knights, men glad in dull grey armour and vile green cloaks. Each wielding a lance of thick metal, and most having horns on their helmets that curved inwards like a spiral except for their captain. King Greyham, who's horns appeared to be rival to those of a stags, the gold inlay running along them like ivy would do a tree. "Soldiers formations." His voice echoed, it was common for a king to fight in these early battles, once the real fight began.

Regulus had mounted his horse and rode off to the front line with his heavy cavalry. His knights where clad in the colors of his kingdom, Black and Silver. Regulus had taken a large portion of his army with him, and was able to rejoin with the armies that had retreated. Now with all his forces where united Regulus charged with with army towards the enemy forces. As he charged in the causality started immediately on both sides. Regulus himself made sure to draw sword in one hand, his lance in the other. Regulus used his sword, and magic to deflect most of the blows as he charge his way to King Grayham.

Grayham wasn't too hard to find, though his forces weren't easily dispatched. Nor would it be easy to get to the king, most likely Regulus' own forces would be chipped away as Grayham's were. When one side was gaining a victory it drove the other to fight just as hard. Though eventually the two kings were be mere meters away from one another. Grayham was using a headhunter axe, swinging it with skill as it pierced through the sheets of metal like a can opener. Tearing large gashes into the metal and plate, as well as the chain mail. Though despite that, his orders were being issued without fault.

Regulus watched as his troops where being cut through by the King Grayham. He knew that in order to take on the forces and turn the tide of the battle in his favor he would need something special. So he threw his lance at King Greyham over the troops in front of him. After that Regulus drew his sword and said "Cymeriak". The words that Aemira had spoken to bring out its true power as he charged forth to fight the hordes of enemies in front of him.

Grayham turned around and deflected the lance with a strong bash of his shield, feeling the vibrations moving through his arm he grunted and saw that Regulus had done something with his weapon. Though Grayham didn't seem overly concerned at the moment, after all Regulus was just one man in an army, the fight had merely just begun, though he knew it was only a matter of time before the king became the opposites target.

As he cried out the words of power Aemira had taught him, then Bolt seemed to spring to life. The sword hummed loudly, as energy began to crackle along the blade, dancing over the metal as if they were fine threads trying to pierce through cloth with a needle. Regulus then swung his sword which caused a round a lighting to spring out before him shocking Grayham's soldier to the ground as he charged towards the kind.

Grayham glanced over at the lightning, and as any other man would be it worried him to see such magic. As Regulus charged towards him, he brought his axe up to deflect the blow of the blade, his headhunter axe being made of the same ancient material softened the blow of the bolts, but he could certainly still feel his arms ringing. "Regulus." He greeted in a rather courtesy manner and swung the axe around a little, it was a vicious weapon, and could quite easily cleave through a chest plate and chain mail with ease. That spike at the front was ever so sharp. His armour clunked a little, and the soldiers seemed to move around them, giving the kings room to fight.

Regulus just gave Grayham a blank stare before saying "Your a coward, a surprise attack huh? Well I guess it was your only chance of beating me. Though once I kill you here I am going to take over the Grayham empire and add it to my own. My kin will rule the lands, and your family will become a name of the past. Now prepare yourself to cross into the after life!" With that Regulus charged at him his sword shouting lighting bolts at him.

"It's not cowardice, it is war." He barked back, "Ignorant child." He brought his hand forward and as he did a large spectral ram appeared in front of him and took the blow of the lightning, before he charged forward and swung his axe high, aiming directly for the King's neck as the wicked point went to pierce it before the blade cut it.

"I will show you what happens to those who call me boy" Regulus responded as he charged in. He was able to cut the large axe in two with his magically charged sword, though when the part of the axe that got cut off fell and sliced right through the armor of the bag leg of the horse he was riding. The horse then went down and Regulus was forced to continue the fight off of his horse. Though at least he was able to take out Grayham's signature ax.

(Okay my turn to be a bit meh, please don't control what happens to my weapons or anything, it's just i've always done it by action and reaction so the other person can decide how the attack goes for them. Just for the future ^^)

Grayham narrowed his eyes as the point of his axe was taken clean off, leaving him with nothing but a large pole and a finely grinded lump of metal on the end. "Hmph.. it'll do." He grumbled before adjusting his grip on the weapon, treating it more like a mace than an axe. Though the blow to the weapon was a clear sign of struggle, from the shock of it still moving from his arm. At least the pair were on the ground. Going on the defensive he waited for Regulus to come to him, the spectral Ram prowling behind the King.

"I am going to kill you Grayham... here and now... its time for an old man like you to hand it over to the young ones!" Regulus shouted before charging at Grayham. As he did so the first thing Regulus did was cut the ground causing dirt to fly up into the air before using bolts lightning to teleport next to Grayham and swing at him.

Grayham narrowed his eyes beneath his helmet before there was a spray of dirt heading towards him. Looking away to stop it getting into his eyes, still gave the opening fro Regulus to teleport next to him, lunging back the blade struck his helmet and cut through the metal and shattered it as if it were glass. There was a clear cut upon the man's face as he stared at Regulus for a moment, "Such arrogance from one so young." He muttered before lowering his axe a little the hunk of metal lightly touching the ground. "This is just the beginning boy." He made no move to defend himself, or advance at the moment.

As Regulus broke his helmet and cut the old mans face right open. He then heard the mans words and smiled saying "The say those who lack confidence often mistake arrogance for it. Maybe that is the case for you." Regulus smiled then charged towards Though soon his body seemed to slow down a bit, something was wrong... though soon he realized the sword was zapping lots of magic from him. Regulus had a large reserve of magic, he couldn't believe that after such a short time he was already feeling the effects.

Grayham looked down at the boy, seeing his words would be wasted on him. He gripped the axe in his hand before raising it up to attempt to bring down onto the boy kings shoulder. The point of the blade if it hit would dig in first, before the rest of the metal would follow suit. There was a lot of strength behind that swing, it wasn't hard to see why this person had kept his kingdom safe for so long. A sound rumbled over the battlefield though, and it could have easily been mistaken for a roll of thunder.

As Grayham's axe came down Regulus was unable to respond quick enough and soon Regulus's entire left arm was cleaved right off. Regulus quickly jumped back his arm air born. Blood dripped onto the battle field pouring out of his arm. He refused to scream, not wanting to look week. Instead he bit his lip so hard that he busted it right open with his teeth. He then looked up at Grayham and said "I will make you pay....... pay for that".

He knew that if that fight went on for much longer he would surely die of blood loss. Hell he may even die of it anyways.... though his people... he had to stop this man for his people... even if it coast him his life. Regulus then held the sword infront of his face and said to it "take every last drop... take everything I have... and finish for me... I will believe in you.." Regulus then let bolt take the rest of his magic and held his sword into the air and soon a storm began to rage above their heads. Lightning came down from the sky and swirled around him. He then pointed his sword towards Grayham and his army and said "Destroy them bolt!".

Soon bolts of powerful lightning began to rain down from the sky along with twisters and hail upon Grayham and his army.

Grayham looked genuinely sorry for the boy king as he flicked his wrist sending the blood funnelling off the axe onto the ground. The green grass being stained with the red liquid, "I will make it quick." He said and took a two handed grip on his axe before he brought it up, but stopped as he saw the storm forming in the skies. Not only that but two terrifying creatures rose from the castle in the clouds, as bolts of lightning, flame, ice, and everything seem to pour from the heavens and the two terrible creatures that brought everything to a crashing halt.

Whilst the battle had been long and fought, and the casualties had been high, there was no word on what happened to the King, only his axe remained buried in the mud and his army scattered, or ash, frozen, or unrecognisable. If Regulus had passed out, then he would have been taken in and would wake up to see his arm reattached. If he was still conscious, well the same thing would happen but they'd just try to make him horribly drunk before reattaching the arm.

Back
Top Bottom