Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Build A Dynasty (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

Johnthebeast

The Breeding Beast
Supporter
Story

King Regulus heads to the island of Westdoruim to find an ancient ally in order to create his dynasty. Off the main island of Wesdorium, the large continent to the west there is an island to the north of it, a place said to be covered in ice and snow. Many who have ventured to this island have never returned. The legends say that an ancient race of people live on this island away from the rest of the world, though they have slipped into legends their work has not. Those in power in the 10 kingdoms of Wesdorium has weapons said to be made by the Northrigic, magnificent works of metal that have been unmatched by any other smith in the lands. Beautiful weapons of metal as pale as the freshly fallen snow, and as sharp as the finest steel. There are ripples in the metal like it has been dropped with other spells, and the metal has been folded thousands of times. Though some legends seem to have been made in to myths of monsters and beasts that lurk on the island... though there is only one way to find out.

Character

Name: Regulus Basilius
Appearance: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2255903 (http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2255903)
Race: Mage
Height: 6'7
Weight: 200
Body Type: Wide Muscular frame
Dick size: 9 inches

Background: King Regulus has been in power for 3 years now. He is still without a Queen, and is extremely picky when it comes to it. Though he is familiar with how to court a woman, and has experience in the bedroom he still has yet to find a woman he considers great enough to be his Queen. He want to make a dynasty of his kingdom and decides to conquer the lands he sees before them. But he can't do it alone. He decides to travel to a foreign land where he hears is the cradle of magic and creates many powerful weapons hoping they will become his allies as he sets out to conquer the world.

King Regulus's ship had just arrived on the island of Wesdorium. His trip there was a secret, he didn't want others to know what he was planning. He only took a small crew with him. Enough men to take care of the ship, a cook and 10 of his elite guard. Some thought he was chasing a fairy tail. Only legend's now talk of the people on this island. Though Regulus had seen their weapons before. He knew they had to come from some where special. Regulus was eager to seat foot and search for this lost civilization. He knew with their help he could finally gain control of the world.

As soon as the ship landed Regulus himself jumped off the boat onto the snowy land beneath. Though as soon as his feet hit the land something horrible happened he turned around to see giant tentacles come out of the ocean and take his ship along with all of him men down beneath the icy waters. "WAIT!!" he shouted as he charged the tentacles. Though it was to late, his only way home and the monster where both gone. Lost beneath the ice. "SON OF A BITCH!! What the hell am I suppose to do now.... guess I only have one choice. I have to find the lost people now..." Regulus said to himself. He then began his journey through the icy frozen tundra known as Wesdorium.

The beach was cold, it was clear from the white dusting upon it that snow had recently fallen upon it. Along the edge of the beach were large trees that towered over the place, their leaves stained with snow. It led off into goodness knows where. It seemed like it was a place where time had frozen, icicles and ice were clear the further he would head into the forest. It was as if it was a land that the gods had left, and there were very few signs of life around the area.

As he continued along he would most likely see that there were skeletons of people who had been killed mauled or just died of the cold. This was by no means a warm place.

As Regulus passed through the hords of dead bodies and skeletons he just shook his head saying "This great... really fucking great.... I am sure that everyone around here just died happy and comfortable.... yeah fucking right...". At this point Regulus casting a warming spell on himself so he wouldn't die of hypothermia. He then took a travelers backpack off of one of the dead bodies that he could see had a bedroll attached to it. Before he knew it he came to the base of a small mountain where he found a cave. "I can at least set up camp in here. Luckily I just had some food so I can afford to take a break from that. The snow I can melt for water. So for now shelter is number one" He said to himself before going into the cave.

The cave was a long one, it seemed to stretch on and on for a lot longer than would be considered normal. What was once stone began to turn from a dull grey stone to a glowing blue of ice. The walls were smooth and glistening like the crystal that it was. Though it got further into the mountain and wider. After what seemed like hours of walking he would come to a large open cavern, what seemed like a frozen over volcano, the lava had become a dull purple/black glass below, and the top was open allowing sunlight in, or whatever light it was that got inside.

In the centre of the place, at the end of a long bridge that lead towards the structure, was a large castle. Whilst most castles are made of bricks this one seemed far larger, and moulded from molten stone and ice, the spires rose high into the sky as well as the battlements and towers around it. It was something unlike anything else on the main continent, as if it had been pulled into this world by other means.

As Regulus traveled down the cave for hours he began to mumble to himself "Just want to find the end of this cave... this is insane". Though eventually he finally came to the end of the tunnel and entered a large caveran, where he saw what looked like a palace and volcano, both of which came from another world. "Well lucky me... well that is if the place has people in it... and the people don't want to kill me... and the volcano doesn't blow while I am inside... well fuck lets find out" Regulus said to himself. He then ventured to the castle moving slowly and cautiously until he reach the front gate.

The castle continued to just grow larger as he moved along the bridge. The volcano was inactive so the chances of it blowing up were very very unlikely. As he crossed the bridge there would be a few creaks of the bridge underneath his feet, though the castle, the closer he got was becoming apparently alive. There were clear signs of movement inside, the sounds of low chatter, laughter and music coming from beyond the larger walls. The gates were closed tightly, not signs of them opening, the large stone and ice doors that separated him from whatever lay beyond.

Regulus took a deep breath as he finally made it across the rickety bridge. "This is bullshit, who builds such a nice castle connected with such a shitty bridge." He said to himself. He could tell people where inside, and honestly he was hoping these where the people of legend he was looking for. Though as shitty as things where going, he didn't have much hope. Regulus then knocked on the large gate and shouted "Hello, I am a traveler who ship has sunk. I am looking for a place to stay until I can find a way home!"

Silence fell after the first knock. Then the gates creaked open revealing snow white armoured figures marching out in perfect unison, pikes and shields in their hands. Emblazoned on their shield was a rather strange crest of a red dragon entwined with an ice blue one. They began to march around Regulus before pointing their weapons at him in a perfect circle, around twenty of them. "What be your business here?" One said as they began to walk towards him, their long white hair stretched down their back matching their snow white skin and ice blue eyes. "There hasn't been someone here who has decided to venture this far."

Regulus sighed as the guards came out, yeah this was going great. Once they surrounded him, Regulus sighed and replied to their question "Well currently my business is staying alive. My ship along with all my supplies and companions what swallowed into the ocean by a bunch of tentacles. Speaking of venturing this far... where have I ventured to?"

He looked over Regulus for a second and just chuckled a little, "Come now surely you can understand what all of this is for, after all a stranger has arrived on our shores, strangely and having brought up the Veloxi from the depths." He gave Regulus an all too smug smile as he leaned down to look over the shorter human. "Not even knowing where you are? You're outside Castle Frice... standing above the country of Northwinium. Now why are you here human?"

Regulus was irritated by the man, very irritated. For one he was a King, and to be looked down upon rubbed him the wrong way. He also was being unusually humble, he knew his situation and wanted to courteous. Though the way this man was acting showed a lack of respect and discipline to him. Regulus took a deep breath then said "I original came here looking for an ally. Legends tell of master craftsmen and smiths from this island. I came in search of them, though as I stated before I came to this cave in search of shelter because of the canticle monster that took out my ship. Now I have been far more respectful then you deserve soldier. You treat your guest with such a lack of respect. Human or not, you should learn some manners. Honestly I intended to be nice but I have my pride and honor and if you step on them one more time I may not be so kind."

He blinked at him a little before chuckling and spoke in a language that Regulus would not understand. In a syncronised movement, the soldiers moved their pikes up and slammed them on the ground, standing neutral. "You are not the first to come looking for these people sir, and you have to understand. Those who usually come looking here, are in a far less positive attitude or put up pretence. I will not allow my Queen to be hurt again.." He told him, his tone changing before bowing a little. "That aside, you are human. Now come." he whistled and the guards formed up behind Regulus, the crest of the twin dragons facing towards his back. "Welcome to Frice, and the Veloxi tends to do that to ships."

The white soldier began to head inside with the guards, and if Regulus didn't move they would push into his back. Once he was inside the gate, the city would be more of a castle, though it was quiet.. very quiet. Aside from the guards behind him, there were around ninety other people inside, forty five were soldiers it seemed moving between the icy/stone building of barracks, and others were seeming to be a master of arms training a few young white skinned, white haired males with shorter and scruffy blue hair. Once inside the Gates of Frice closed behind him and the guards in white dispered. "You are searching for smiths?" He asked, as if trying to understand what he was after, though he knew. Regulus was by no means the first one to come here. Though he seemed to flicker, just a little as if not being fully there for a moment.

Regulus chuckled at the man and replied "Well aren't you jumpy huh? Worried I might hurt your beloved Queen? if she wants nothing to do with me than I want nothing to do with her. So don't you worry big man, your Queen is safe." He then heard him mention the Veloxi and responded "Well I would like to kill that Veloxi thing, for my comrades." Though once they started to move he stood still. As one of the guards attempted to push him Regulus had enough. He warned them about stepping on his pride and honor one more time. He sent the guard who attempted to push flying back about 20 ft with a blast a magic. The magic blast wouldn't hurt him, only the impact from landing would. "Touchy aren't we? Keep your hands to yourself... and learn to use your mouth. All you had to do was simply ask, but I guess only your captain has a big mouth huh? If you continue to treat me like a piece of garbage I will show you to trash heap, fucking piece of shit." Regulus said before following who he thought was the captain.

With that Regulus was now following the head guard. Once the gates closed behind he saw the short scruffy man with a beard and looked upon him and listened. "Yeah I am looking for those who make the great magical weapons. I am king of a foreign land. I am looking for willing allies to help me. I am not searching for a war with your people, if I wanted that I would brought more men. I am merely looking for a counsel with your leader. To have a disccusion, leader to leader. So you can tell your guards to stop acting like ass holes" Regulus responded.

The head guard merely ran a hand over his face as Regulus had an out burst, a long breath leaving him. "Yet here you are insulting us." He muttered, not loud enough for anyone else to hear. The man he would try to send 20ft into the air didn't move. In fact none of them reacted to the attack. It took a mere moment before all the soldiers and the people within the walls vanished like mist on the wind. Everything was silent and everything was still.

The only person that remained was the white skinned and haired head guard. "Forgive the illusion." Was all he said before heading into the castle. There was no sound bar the echoing of their foot steps on the ground. It, may seem oddly peaceful in this castle of crystal and stone. "The Queen will receive you now." He pushed open a large white wooded door and stepped in, as he did in a burst of feathers he turned into a snow hawk, a beautiful bird of white feathers and a few black spots along the feather line. Perching himself on the top of a large chair facing a crackling fire. "King Regulus.." came a soft woman's voice, a warmth in this seemingly cold place. "Please take a seat, you must be tired." She gestured to a free chair opposite the large one, her hand seemed pale, but not like guard.

When the guard transformed into a bird and flew off Obsidian wasn't to shocked at this point. He had just witnessed all the guards transform, not to mention the empty castle. Though once he heard the woman's voice he stepped forward walking towards her. "Thank you very much, honestly I was beginning to think hospitality wasn't really a value here. It means the world to me, to have an audience with you. By the way may I ask your name your highness?" Regulus said as he sat down in the seat he was gestured to sit in.

She looked over at him for a moment and gave a slight smile, she was a seemingly young woman with long dark hair that faded into a snow white, her skin was pale but fair at the same time. Her most distinguishing features were her eyes, one was completely blue almost like a sapphire and the other was red like burning magma. "It's hard to make so many illusions at once, not all of them can be polite." She adjusted her position in her chair. "I am Aemira Frice (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/25a1f4345572b79c2da7a3b064d61a87.jpg)" She took adjusted herself in the chair, "I hope you understand why the precaution.."

Regulus smiled, as he finally saw what the Frice Queen looked like. She was beautiful, definitely not normal looking but he loved the way she looked. Like a piece of art or a fine jewel she was shined. Different, yet beautiful, unique yet exquisite. Hell, he thought she must have a king, though even if she didn't he was here on business so he couldn't let such things cloud his judgement. "Don't worry about it, no one is perfect right? anyways it is my honor to make you acquaintance Queen Aemira. I also understand your precaution. No need to worry, I am not here for war... well war with you at least. Also I am not looking to force you into an alliance or submission, I am looking for an ally I can trust. A friend, a powerful one."

Aemira closed her eyes for a moment, and adjusted the sleeved fur lined cloak before rubbing her brow. "I see... i'm afraid you have come a few decades late..i am the last of my kind, all apart from Bernard there." She muttered and gestured to the snow hawk whom ruffled his feathers as he kept perched on her chair. "I have no army, no forces... all i have is my cultures ancient knowledge... and maybe a few things... though please indulge me." She adjusted her position in her chair, sitting up. "Why are you looking for such a powerful ally? We worked hard to fall out of history...but here you are." She couldn't help but smile at the human's determination to find them.

Regulus smiled at her response and said "Your knowledge is more then welcomed. I am aware that your people where great smiths. I want to equip my armies with your weapons and armor, I want to build a dynasty. There is much discord in my home lands. I wish to end it all and unify the lands. Though in order to do that I need more power then I currently have. I myself am a powerful warrior, but I know my strength alone is not enough. With your knowledge of skills I am sure we could be strong. Like I said, I am not trying to force you into anything. Also one more question, you said you and Bernard are the last of your people, is he your King?"

"No no... i may say he is one of my people but he is.. just a snow hawk.. that i have taken time to cast many a spell upon. It gets lonely in these Castle walls.." She rose her hand and the large white feathered bird began to nuzzled his head into her hand, "He is my friend.." She smiled a little at him before rising from her chair, "You have a worthy cause, and you wouldn't have come here for no reason... or bad one.. and this place is getting... quiet.." She came to a stop, "Though there are two others... Fang and Brisk.." She gestured for him to rise. "If i am to join i will be taking everyone of my people.. i'm sure you noticed there are no carvings in this castle, it has all been formed." She headed out of the door and with a beat of his wings Bernard perched himself on her shoulder. Her long hair trailing down her back.

She left the room and if he followed she'd begin to take him down the steps heading deeper it seemed into the castle. She soon however came to a levelled off section that lead into a large room that almost seemed to be larger than any arena and most castles out there. It was in direct line with the mouth of the volcano. Aemira winced a little before letting out a call that was in a long and forgotten language. Her voice echoed across the room, only for it to be broken by the growl of something very big and very large.

A snort of flame erupted from one of the tunnels that lead out of the room, as a large glistening ruby dragon emerged from the tunnels. His head as big as a carriage and his body as strong as any beast alive. The talons on its wings clicked onto the ground as it prowled out of the tunnels, its long head and neck moving from side to side, as the growl resonated from it. The scales flickering slightly as he approached Aemira, nuzzling her, despite the beast being so much bigger than her.

The red was soon followed by a dragon of similar size but this time of ice blue and glistening frost about its scales, as if they the beast were made from shards of ice and crystal. This one looked towards Regulus and snarled a little, "Ey... enough Brisk." The dragon responded and stayed near the woman, the two dragons took up a majority of the room, it was no lie they were beasts.. and fearsome ones at that. "I will take my household to fight with you King Regulus... myself and the remaining three... Bernard, Fang and Brisk."

"Oh I see, I am just surprised a Queen of your beauty doesn't have a king. Well at least that is how it would be where I am from, I don't know how it is here and how marriage works in your culture so I won't pry any further.
Anyways I am happy to hear you are interested in joining me. Honestly knowledge can be more powerful than any sword, especially the ancient knowledge you possess." Regulus responded. Though he was then gestured to follow Aemira, and he did so following her down into the volcano.

He then responded to her next comment about taking all of her people "Well yes your people are more then welcomed in my lands, I promise to do my best to give them what ever accommodations they require". Though as they walked Regulus couldn't help but check out Aemira. He thought she was one fine woman, he couldn't help but want to get to know her more. He was still in the market for a queen. Then again he had to keep his mind off of that sort of thing for the moment. Regulus didn't want to come off as a lecher.

Before he knew it they had arrived in a large room with tunnels. Then the two dragons came out, Regulus didn't tremble or back away. The first one even seemed friendly enough to pet though the second one seemed to snarl at him for some reason. Maybe it could tell he had an eye on the queen, or maybe it was something else either way he replied to the dragons animosity by saying "Oh hey there big guy... its nice to meet you to" Before he knew it Aemira was agreeing to fight with him which put a big smile on his face. "Well I am very happy to hear that... one problem though. I do not have a boat or way to get back to my land. Do you happen to have a way? Though no need to rush please take your time, also would you like to come with me or stay here and talk through letters and such?"
Aemira placed her hands together and couldn't help but chuckle as he spoke to the dragons that way. "They are not pets Regulus, they may not be able to speak but they are intelligent enough to understand." She responded in kind, as Brisk moved behind the Queen looking over the new comer once again. His claws clicking on the ground, dragons weren't an overly common thing in the world, they can be seen and few possess the title of Dragon Slayer. "I will meet you back at your lands Regulus just as soon as you tell me where they are...i will just require some time to gather what i must from this place and bring it with me." She looked slightly tired and leaned against Fang who offered his head to her for support, she settled her red and blue eyes back on Regulus supporting herself on the dragon.

"I do apologise for the Veloxi.. but wild creatures will be wild creatures... there are many things on this island that shouldn't be disturbed and remain here.." She coughed a little and assuming Regulus told her where he lived she'd snap her fingers and a portal would tear open in the room. "I apologise if you are a mile or so out, teleportation isn't something i've had to practice.." She muttered a few things and Fang and Brisk took to the skies, they're powerful wings beating down onto the ground as they rose higher and higher into the sky circling around the two of them like crows... very large more terrifying crows.

Regulus chuckled and replied "Oh no I was hoping he understood" When Aemira opened the portal to let Regulus go back to his lands he was about to happily walked through it. Though he noticed that Aemira was seeming weak and sick. If she was to be his ally and friend he couldn't leave her to her own here by herself in she was sickly. Even though she had help he didn't care. He then listened to her explanation about the portal and smiled before walking towards her.

He looked up at the two dragons circled them and just waived saying "You two really know how to put on a show huh?". He then walked past the portal going straight to Aemira. Once her was in front of her Regulus stretched out his hand to support her. "I can tell your not well. I told you I was looking for a friend. That goes both ways. Friends help each other out you know. My people will not expect me back for another 3 weeks. If you can just teleport me then I will stay here as long as I can and help you. So please let me be your friend to Aemira" Regulus told her.

Aemira smiled a little as she received some aid from him, "Thank you Regulus.. you can just help me back to my chambers. Oh and don't worry about them.. i'm sure they are just excited.." She muttered as they left the pair of them. "Three weeks? A long time... we'll be going in far less time.. Once i get to my chambers you can head back and i will be there in the next day... If you are thinking about this.. there will be others plotting the same as well." She coughed just a little bit more. "Once it all starts alliances will begin to be formed for better of for worse."

The snow hawk, Bernard flapped into the room after them and perched where he did before, "Yes yes your grace but packing now will be wise... you can't just leave everything in your ancestral home for anyone to come and get your belongings now. I'm sure his grace understands that.." The bird said, watching as Aemira nodded slightly.

She moved over to her chair, "I am aware Bernard." She patted the white feathered bird giggling a little and sat into her chair. "Just so i am clear, you need me to forge weapons for you correct?" She added looking to him, "Amongst other things.."

"It has already started actually, that is why I am here. I have some allies at home, but none that I completely trust. That is where you come in, I can tell your someone I can trust" Regulus replied before listening to the snow hawk talk about her belongings.

"I will make sure she has a whole castle just as she does now Bernard. I will also make sure she has enough help to move her things so all the burden is not on you three" Regulus told Bernard.

His attention was then turned back to Aemira as she asked about making weapons and he nodded "Yes, weapons and armor. Of course if there is anything else you are willing to offer I would happily accept".

Aemira shook her head, "I don't need a castle, what i plan to bring there will be little need for anything larger than a hall.. though Fang and Brisk will need residence." She adds and pats Bernard before turning back to Regulus, "I hope you understand that these... things you're are asking from me, they are not something i can make with a snap of my fingers and a wave of my hand, they will take time. How many of my weapons currently reside within your homeland?" She tilts his head to the side, a curious looking gleaming over her gem like eyes.

"Well then I will have you stay in my Palace, I have many rooms there. My palace is also located on a mountain side, there are many tunnels and caverans that I am sure your two dragon companions will find to their liking. If not I will have my men dig out tunnels for them that will suit their liking." He responded to her first comment. He then listened to her talk about the forging of weapons and replied "No I understand you cannot arm my men over night, it may take years or even decades. Though if you are willing to I am willing to be a patient as you require. In regards to the number of weapons, not many. Your people's weapons are a rare and valuable treasure. Once there where more but they where used and eventually withered over time. Most are held by high ranking offers, nobles and kings such as myself." After he finished talking, Regulus took the sword off of his hip and handed it to Aemira. "This is one of your weapons, it is a black sword, with a language we do not understand etched into the blade. It has been passed down in my family for generations, though few have been able to wield its power. Honestly I was hoping you could tell me more about it"

She reached out and took the sword from him, delicately tracing her finger over the metal work and muttering to herself. "Withered over time.. then they were not some of the better ones made.." She chuckled a little before looking back at the sword. She flicked it with her finger causing the blade to vibrate and ring from the strike. "If you can't read the language then you're only using part of the weapon.. all of our weapons would have names that could be uttered to call upon our weapon." She moved her red eye closer to the engravings, eyeballing the etching on the blade. "This sword is rather young compared to my own.. but it's well made... i do recognise the work.." She licked her lips a little before holding it out in front of her. "Cymeriak." As she spoke the words, the sword hummed louder, as energy began to crackle along the blade, dancing over the metal as if they were fine threads trying to pierce through cloth with a needle. "It's a good sword.. called in your tongue Bolt." She smiled and sheathed the sword handing it back to him before slumping back into her chair.

Regulus smiled and said "Well by withered I meant, saw so much combat that they eventually where destroyed from constant use. Most of the time by weapons of the same making." He then watched as she went to work on his blade. He was very intrigued by what she was doing. Regulus watched in awe as she said his blades name and it came to life like it never did before. "Oh wow, you really are reliable, I would have never guessed such things and I am a genuis" Regulus responded before taking his sword back. "Funny its name is Bolt. It has been known to shock wielders in the past. We said it meant the sword didn't consider the wielder worthy. Guess its name isn't just for show huh?" He then watched as Aemira sat back down in her chair. "If I may ask, you don't seem well. Are you ill?"

"Ah... slightly better make then.." She said with a smile and rested her head in her hand, "Even a genius can be a fool in a field they do not understand." She told him, with a soft smile. She was certain of that. "Though these are ancient weapons.." She chuckled before her smile dropped and nodded, "I am ill, but do not worry.. it is nothing that should bother you.. it's just the second week, it'll pass." She mused and sat up a bit more in her chair. "The weapons are not just tools... they have a soul all on their own, it's what makes them strong and more reliable... they have just as much determination to win as the wielder.. it's why it is sad to hear that some have come to clash together..." She closed her eyes for a moment, she had only heard the screams of her people's metal work a few times, and it was something she never wanted to hear again... it was a shame that no other race could hear it, for the weapons can sing so beautifully.

"Well its not often that I am made of fool, then again since I have been here a lot of crazy things have happened. None of which I saw coming" Regulus replied. He then listened to her talking about her sickness and said "Well we have clerics in my home that can heal you, though I wouldn't want you to over do it." After hearing her story of the swords Regulus couldn't help but take the handle of his sword and look at it. "So bolt has a soul huh? I wish I could ask him what he thought of me, we have been in many battles together. I see him as my trusty companion... I wonder if he thinks the same of me" Regulus asked.

Aemira smiled a little at him and shook her head, "No no don't worry about that.. it's just a natural ailment." She then raised an eyebrow and chuckled a little. "Soul... in a way but yes.. as i said they are not easy to forge.. and Bolt would have broken or rejected you if it didn't see some form of companionship in you." She added and gave a light smile before Bernard ruffled his white feathers and rested a head under his wing. "I suppose it'll continue to do so, until you do something that makes it reject you, or you pass it on to children or someone worthy." She ran a hand through her hair for a moment and stared into the fire, watching the flames dance around in the hearth.

After hearing it was a natural aliment Regulus couldn't help but start to get curious. Though he felt if she wanted to tell him she would, so he decided not to pry any further. He then listened to her talk about the sword and smiled chuckling before saying "Well as of right now I have no heirs or any children. I am without a queen, or woman for that matter. So for now I guess bolt will have to deal with me huh?"

"Certainly seems that way.." She gave him a slight smile before closing her eyes as she leaned back in the chair, flexing her hands on the arms of the chair before closing her hands around the wood ends. She felt her eyes growing heavy and slowly her eyes came to a close as she began to rest, feeling exhausted at the moment.

Bernard lifted his head from his wing before peering down at her. "If you would sir, the Queen requires some rest. I can show you to a guest room if it would prove better for you." He told him flexing his feathered wings slightly.

"Yes it does" Ebon replied. He then looked at the hawk and replied "Alright I would love to stay in this wonderful sight Birdie. Hopefully you will be nicer to me this time since we are going to be working close together. No more soldiers and Illusions right?"

"If you don't call me birdie then all will be fine... and the soldiers were illusions." He said to him before taking up, "Well i will show you to a guest room non the less, the Queen is tired and requires her rest, so if you could follow me." He said to her and swished his wings before gliding out of the room.

Regulus chuckled thinking about Serious Bernard seemed. He did enjoy poking fun at him, then again being a smart ass was in his personality. He then followed the snow hawk into the hallway away from Aemira. He then turned to Bernard and said "So what is really wrong with you Queen? I wouldn't force a sickly woman to leave her home and move... especially a pretty one like her"

Bernard continued to glide through the halls of the castle, making his way towards a large icy glass door for him to open, and inside there was a four poster bed, a desk and a crystal looking bath tub. "My Queen is powerful, but maintaining many powerful spells, such as the illusions you have encountered for so long has taken its toll over the years. Her body is just going into a recovery to replenish what energy it had lost. I assure you, she will be fine."

As soon as Regulus walked into the room he smiled thinking about how beautiful the room was. He only hoped that Aemira thought his palace was as beautiful as hers. He then turned to Bernard and listened to him before saying "Well that is good to know, also does she have any suitors?"

Bernard cocked his little white feathered head to the side as he stared at Regulus with his wide eyes and just laughed. "Do you see anyone else around here?" He asked him before shaking his head and flapping his wings a little to leave the room, and Regulus to some privacy of his own company.
\
Regulus smiled at Bernards reply. He was then left to himself in the room to which he decided to get some much needed rest. Though first he wanted a bath. So he took off his clothes and ran himself a nice hot bath before getting into the water.

The water that came up filled the crystal bath, it had a nice sapphire colour, the water was warm and had a soothing quality to it as he lowered himself into it. The water would most likely relax his muscles and any tension that was resting in him, and steam rose out of the bath, and off of his body if he stayed in and covered himself long enough.

Regulus enjoyed the bath just letting the bath wash away the stress of the long day. Eventually after about an hour he got out of the bath, feeling warm and refreshed. He did want to visit Queen Aemira, though he couldn't afford to ruin their relationship. He knew that she could help him bring unification and peace. As he laid down on the bed he mumbled to himself "To bad, because she is one hell of a woman". With that he fell asleep.

In the morning it was Bernard who had knocked open the door to wake the Regulus up. "Your grace, i am here to inform you that Aemira has gone on ahead and will meet you at your kingdom within the day. She requests you prepare some minor housing for Brisk and Fang, and looks forward to seeing your kingdom. She has left a portal key for you to take to return to your homeland."

With that Regulus was standing up and getting dressed though he did say to Bernard "You know I was hoping to travel with all of you, but then again I guess I don't have a choice. Anyways take this and tell your queen to set it off when she arrives. We will be looking for it, just light the tip and you will be fine" He then gave Bernard a firework and took the key. "Also how does this key work?"

Though he couldn't physically do it, Regulus could probably sense a smirk on his face, as he touched the key and he vanished in a puff of arcane power and appeared on his lands, give or take a tens of meters from his castle. Bernard held the firework before beating his wings and taking off to try and catch up with his queen.

With that Regulus went through the portal and eventually made it back to his homeland after a bit of a hike. Once in his Palace he informed everyone of there incoming guest and to prepare places for them. He also made sure to put Aemira in the room across from his. He then had his people keep a look out for the firework, that would make a bright purple symbol in the air so they could distinguish it from other fireworks.

Two hours would pass before there was a fizz of a purple firework rising up into the sky and exploding into a sparkle, which soon dissipated from the sky. Only to be replaced by a loud roar of a large beast, the people at the castle would be able to hear the, beating of powerful wings as coming over the hills would be a large red dragon, and a large blue dragon, flying high in the sky looking like birds circling the place. Slowly they began to get closer and closer to the ground, in a majestic sight of the pair of them circling one another again and then. Crash! Crash! Both landed on the grounds outside of the Palace, sniffing the air and looking around the place. Fang lowered his wing and Aemira slowly got down off of his back, she was wearing a long grey coat with furred cuffs and neck to keep her warm whilst high above the sky. She'd have a small back on her, her black hair that faded to white was neatly tied back off of her face, moving slightly in the low light, now revealing her slightly pointed ears, a distinguishing feature of Fey ancestry. On her hip was a curved one handed sword, the pommel gleaming in the light. She stood there, waiting for a welcome or Regulus to come out.

The guards rushed out onto to them holding up their halberds and axes. Though Regulus quickly came out and told his guards to stand down. They quickly did and Regulus smiled and bowed to Aemira before saying "You know how to make an entrance huh Queen Aemira. Sorry for the rude welcome, I assure you that your stay at my Palace will be only the best. I have prepared two large caverns for both fang and brisk. I also have a bird house for Bernard. No I am joking, he had a entire room to himself. Please come with me, I will show you around. My men will carry anything you need so just let them know"

"There is nothing really for them to carry but thank you." Bernard it seemed was not with them at the moment, she glanced at the dragons and they both took up to the skies and headed over to explore around the area. Aemira smiled at him before clasping her gloved hands together and looked around the place. "It certainly seems like a good place you have and a tour would be perfect thank you." She bowed her head an went to follow him, as soon as he began to move away.

Regulus smiled and said "Alright, well once you get settled in please let me know if there is anything I can get you. I want you to feel at home Queen Aemira." He then heard her next comment about the tour and said "It would be my honor to guide you" Regulus then extended his hand out to her.

She bowed her head and went to follow him, responding to his question with a slight hesitant tone. "No i'm fine thank you, just being shown around would be perfectly fine thank you." She smiled at him and glanced at his hand, she gave him a polite smile but just gestured for him to continue along, not wanting to take his hand just yet. "Please after you."

Regulus nodded and put his hand to his side then began to show here through the large castle made of brick and white steel. The Palace had a large wall surrounding it as they walked he said "This palace was built over 100 years ago by my ancestors. I hope this will be a suitable home for you. First we will head into the basement. That is where the caverns are." In front of the the large door open, big enough for both Brisk and Fang to enter along with them.

(just incase you didn't know the castle is in the background of my characters picture. Here is the link again http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2255903 (http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2255903))

Aemira bowed her head and followed him as he began to talk about the castle. She looked over the place, taking in the brick and steel and the surroundings of the place. "Oh this should be fun." She gave him a smile and waited for him to head into the caverns, and she was fairly impressed about the whole space. "It seems fairly nice so far at least.. not as quiet though."

"I am glad you like it." The entrance hall had large pillars that held up the tall ceiling that was done up with fresco. He then took then down a large staircase that went done into the basement. There it looked like a wall had recently been hammered out. Behind it where two large caverns. Obsidian then turned around to the dragons and said "This is your new home, they use to be diamond mines. If you have any problems are would like other lodging please let me know and I will do my best to create and facilitate a place for you"

"Just make sure no one comes down her when they are being fed and everything should be fine." Aemira stated as she looked at the large beasts as they went away to explore the caverns, their claws clacking on the stone as they disappeared. The only things that could be heard of them was movement. "I'm sure they will find out more about those mines than we did before the day is out."

Regulus nodded and turned to the guards behind him before saying "You heard her, what Queen Aemira says goes. As I stated before you are to respect her as you respect me." The guards then nodded. He then watched the two dragons wonder into the caverns as he listened to Aemira's next comment. "Sounds good, now how about I keep showing you around." He then took Aemira down the hall to another large door and said "This is the barracks and soldiers mead hall." Regulus then opened the door. Inside a bunch a men where sitting around a long tables eating and drinking. As he walked in the men yelled "All Hail The King!" One of them then whistled and shouted "Do we Finally have a Queen! Or Are you still playing around!" Regulus then shouted saying "Shut up or I will demote you General Benedict!!". The men then laughed and Regulus quickly shut the door then turned to Aemira and said "Me and the men are very friendly, we are just teasing one and other... don't take what they say serious, just drunk talk"

Aemira followed him along closely taking in the sights of the castle as they got to the barracks. She kept her hands together before glancing inside as she saw all the soldiers enjoying themselves, it was a rather nice sight to see. She took in a deep breath before looking over at the one calling over to her, she studied him for a moment with those two different coloured eyes. "I hope your wife is well, and your daughter is healthy." She uttered giving him a slight bow before turning around after Regulus. "I understand it don't worry.. he's just worried.. his daughter is just ill.." She snapped out of a dreamy look on her face before giving him a smile. "Have you had many suiters to be your queen?" She asked him with a chuckle and nudged her elbow into his side playfully.

Regulus listened to her words and replied "Oh your psychic, you should have told me. Yes I am aware of his daughters problems she has been struggling for a year now with sickness." Though he was worried about the psychic part of her. Not because he was hiding things from her, more like he was worried she would notice how attracted to her he was. Not that he was one who was bashful, more like he wanted to be professional with her. If she noticed how much he had been checking her out, and how attractive he thought she was, that might be a problem.

After feeling he elbow him and asked about the suitors Regulus chuckled scratching the back of his head before saying "Yes... I get a letter everyday from a noble woman. It gets annoying after a time, but hell I am a good looking, strong, smart and powerful. So I cannot blame them... though I am picky about my Queen. I just want to find someone who intrigues me as much as I do them." As he walked he took her around the corner into another part of the basement. They where then in the maids living quarters.

"No i'm not psychic.. i have a slight bit of precognition.. but only comes now and again snippets of the future." She told him before looking around and took in a deep breath. "Bits of the past, future.. some true some to be that might not come." She chuckled at him and raised an eyebrow, "I suppose getting that many letters a day could indeed become a chore for a man such as yourself." She placed her hands together as they walked. "Once things have settled i shall make a proper keep for my Dragons... there is no architecture out there that can match the ability to melt stone."

She continued to listen to him, and looked around the maid quarter waving at a few in there, "You'll find the one who will grab your interest i'm sure." She took in a deep breath, having a calmness about her, despite being somewhere new, like the calm of the ocean or a frozen lake around the place. "Though..." She stated and looked at him, as if she were about to say something, but there was a moment and she shook her head deciding against it. "Another time."

Regulus nodded and said "I see, well that makes sense I will have to ask you to read my future sometime. Hopefully there is something good in it" He then listened to what she said about the dragons and smiled saying "Well I have architects and builders, just tell me what they want and I will make sure it is built for or provided to your friends".

With that they where just arriving in the maids quarters, Regulus was then about to respond to her comment about finding someone. Though it seemed as if Aemira had more to say, so he paused and waited. Though when she said another time he just responded with a smile and said "I am sure one day I will find that person, I am sure my special someone is out there to". Just then a couple maids came up to them. One asked "Oh my is this your most recent suitor your Highness?" the other one giggled and said "She is a unique beauty, maybe you will be able to tie him down". That made Regulus shake his head "No she is a guest, she will be staying here."

She blinked as she stood there before laughing a little, "Yes i am not a suitor more of an ally." She gave the mades a boy, instead of a curtsy she never did managed to get that one down. She gave them a smile, "Oh have people already tried to tie him down? Was it his fault or the others?" She asked glancing at Regulus with a bit of a cheeky grin on her face, she placed her gloved hands behind her back and continued to smile at him and then back at the maids. She didn't require them to make anything for her dragons she was thinking, they would find a mountain somewhere and quite literally melt it to suit their needs, Fang melting it like a candle and Brisk freezing it solid. It was how her castle was made way back when. "I'm sure you all have plenty of stories to tell me about Regulus, and i hope you will make Bernard my servant feel welcome."

"Your grace!" Speaking of the devil the white feathered bird came flapping around the corner and in a shower of white feathers was standing in his snow elven like form, his pale skin and white hair now tied back in a pony tail. He looked around with his gem like eyes and felt a smile crawl onto his face as he looked at the maids. "Pleasure to meet you."

The maids giggled as Aemira teased Regulus. Regulus then sighed and responded "I just lost interest or was never interested in the first place honestly" The maids laughed one saying "Yes our King has very high standards only the best for him" Then when she asked the maids to watch after her friend the happily curtsied and replied "Of course Queen Aemira, we will do our best to serve you and your friends". Just then Bernard flew into the room.

Regulus then turned to him and said "Hey Bird man! how are you doing?". The maids then bowed to him and said "Its a pleasure to meet you to. Please forgive our king he can be a smart ass sometimes"

Bernard narrowed his eyes a little at Regulus before shaking his head, "He's a bit annoyed at me because the illusions that escorted him poked and prodded him." He commented returning a smile to him.

Aemira smiled a little before glancing around and asked him. "So where to next?" She gave him a smile and waited for Regulus to continue the tour of his castle, and nodding to the maids. "As i said it was nice to meet you."

The maids giggled at Bernard's reply and said "Oh yes that makes sense" Regulus then shook his head and replied "Yes let us continue our tour. He then showed Aemira around the rest of the large basement. In it the went to an armory, a bathhouse with many different areas. Including a private bathing area for Aemira. After that they made it to an forge, it was a common forge. Though larger than most, clearly made to manufacture armor and weapons in abundance.

Once they where in the forge Regulus turned to Aemira and said "This is our forge, though after hearing about how you make weapons and armor I doubt this will be suitable for you to do your work. Please let me know what you need and how much of it"

Aemira glanced over the baths seeing the large springs that were around and pictured herself going down here for a few times to enjoy this rather tranquil place. She then followed after him as she lead him through the corridors towards the forge room. "Yes this won't do... my apologise. I will require... your finest steels, i brought my own diamond anvil." She stated before a hand moved through her hair to sort it out a little. "But it's a nice forge for general purposes."

Regulus nodded and replied "Of course I will do everything in my power to get you what ever you need. Just tell me exactly what kind of metals you desire. I will do my best get my hands on them. Also please let me know what else you will need."

"Just steel, or other metals you wish for weapons to be made from." She stated before running a hand through her hair, "Ore would be perfect as well, would cut out a process or two." She muttered before leaning against the wall, feeling a slight bit of tiredness come over her.

He nodded then as he saw he lean up against the wall he walked over to Aemira and said "Well there is plenty of time for you to work. For now how about I take you up stairs and show you to your bedroom so you can rest?" After finishing Regulus gently put his arm around hers so she could lean on him as they walked. "Don't think anything of it, I am merely helping a friend out" Regulus told her.

Aemira smiled as he offered her his arm, leaning towards him to help support herself as they walked. "Yes that would be helpful thank you..." She commented and was rather thankful to find out where her room was, just wanting to rest at this moment and not collapse on him. She followed him towards her room and poked her head inside to look around the interior.

Regulus couldn't help but enjoy having Aemira lean on him. She felt so soft and fragile, yet he knew deep inside her there was power and strength. Once they got inside he made sure to show her to her large bed and helped her sit down on it. "Here you go Queen Aemira." Regulus said as he sat her down on the bed. "If there is anything you want to change, even the color of the paint just let me know and when you are out I will have it done for you. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know" He said gently cupping her hands. Though as soon as he realized he had done so Regulus let go and quickly stood to his feet.

Aemira smiled a little as she came down on the bed before raising an eyebrow at his actions as he began to hold her hands, "You know you are not going to get a suitor if you continue to be like this, don't think i've missed you staring at me." She added with a slight smile at him before taking in a deep breath, "This is fine though thank you Regulus.. if we are to get into a war the colour of my room is the last thing that shall bother me."

After hearing her comment about the suitors and him cheeking her out Regulus just looked away and replied to her saying "Well you know I think your beautiful then, but honestly I want to keep our relationship as professional as possible so I have been trying to hold myself back. Forgive me, but I am fighting my instincts in trying to court a lady I find both attractive and unique. Though once again I don't want that to get in the way of things." He then chuckled and replied "Well war hasn't started yet... so now is the time to take care of things like that. I am sure we have many long days ahead of us."

She smiled at him and bowed her head in acknowledgement of what he said. "I understand, there is nothing i could offer anyway, my kingdom is in ruin and i have no land to offer, when you find someone they will have something to offer you in return i'm sure." She unlatched her curved sword before stepping off of the bed. Placing the sword down in front of her she knelt in front of it, placing her hands together and began to talk in her native tongue. Seemingly praying.

Regulus chuckled and replied "I already have land, riches and power. I am not looking for such things since I already have them. If I wanted more land and riches I would have a Queen by now." He then smiled as Aemira began to pray and left her by herself so she could rest alone not wanted to disturb her.

Aemira continued to pray, her hands placed together for a few more minutes and realised he had left. She smiled a little and opened the small bag to her side, beginning to unpack her belongings, clothes being hung up and various other things, thick tome like books, small notes. She placed them all in the room, and afterwards got out of her clothes, leaving them in a heap on the floor before disappearing under the furs of the bed, her new bed to get some sleep.

Regulus himself went back to his bed and got a goods nights sleep. When morning came he got a couple maids and knocked on Aemira's door loud enough to wake her up before coming in. Once inside he said to Aemira "Good morning Aemira, I have brought you some breakfast. I know you haven't been feeling well so I thought breakfast in bed would be suitable."

Aemira opened her eyes hearing the banging on her door, and took a moment before she was capable of coherent thought. She sat up in the bed, holding the fur over her chest, to keep herself covered not wanting them to have a look at her naked, she had just felt like going straight to sleep. "Oh thank you, you are considerate. She gave him a smile, the room looked more filled, her sheathed sword resting on a holder, with a few candles lit underneath it. "How long has it been?" She queried, her curtains having been drawn to keep the light out.

"Your welcome Aemira" He replied as the maids began to serve her in bed. When she asked how long it had been Regulus said "Well it has been about 10 hours. I want to let you rest more but not before you get some food in you."

She gave him a slight smile, her long black hair that faded to a snow white was down and loose, curled slightly in a few places to give ti more character than just being dead straight. She kept one hand on the fur to hold it over her chest as she picked at the food, eating a bit of it. "It is probably best i start moving soon though, the sooner i can get to work the sooner your plans can come into action."

He nodded though as she ate he couldn't help but try to get a look at her chest so he decided to turn around. "Well Then you eat for now I will leave these two maids here. These Ladies will help you with anything you need" Regulus told her.

He wouldn't be able to get much of a look, maybe a look at her hip or slight side of her chest. Aermia gave him a nod before smiling and shaking her head as she looked up at the maids. "What do you normally help with?" She asked them, a curious tone to her voice as she smiled at them, "And it is a pleasure to see you again."

The blonde maid said "Its a pleasure to meet you again as well, my name is Alexandria Lady Aemira." The other maid who has short black hair said "My name is Amanda, and it is a pleasure to see you again as well." Alexandria then answered her first question "Well honestly what ever you need. If you need food, clothing, medicine, water, what ever we will have it brought to you. King Regulus also tells us you are sick, so if you need help walking, getting dressed or even bathing we can help you with that to. Really anything you can think of."

She blinked a little before smiling, "I thank you for the offer but i'm ill.. not helpless." She added and smiled a little at them, "Though some herbal tea would be nice.. and help with a few things." She added and finished eating as she moved the tray and stood up from the bed, keeping the furs wrapped around herself. "If you wouldn't mind of course.."

The maids bowed at her saying she wasn't helpless. "No its not that we think your helpless but it isn't uncommon for Royals to be helped out in the bath, and other area's. We just didn't know what you where use to" As soon as Regulus heard her get up he made sure to walk out the room to give her privacy.

"Oh i see.. well i've spent the last thirty years by myself with very few visitors." She smiled and grinned a little as Regulus left the room, "Hmm i didn't expect him to move out so quickly..." She added with a slight giggle. She knelt down, causing the fur to crease a little and picked up the clothes she had just dumped upon the floor. "It.. is a little strange to be woken up without... where is Bernard?" She asked them, raising her head a little, her red and blue eyes looking between the pair of them.

They giggled with her as Regulus left. The short black haired woman Helena then added "Well King Regulus is known for being a playboy. So he probably is trying to make a good impression on you." They then listened to her question and Alexandria replied saying "We gave him the room next to yours. Would you like me to go get him?"

She took a moment before shaking her head, no. "I know what he's doing, it is probably best to not disturb him whilst he is grooming his feathers." She smiled and moved behind the changing screen. "So he's a bit of a ladies man..i assume a few rather beautiful people have been with him and shared his room?" She asked, thinking it best to learn what she can from outside sources on this king Regulus. The fur with a fwump landed on the screen as she began to pull on some different clothes, a rather nice dress again long sleeves that covered most of her palm with fur cuffs and rim, the colour open and spread over her shoulders, most of her clothes were made for the cold.

Helena nodded and said "Then we will leave him to groom as you asked." At her question the maids chuckled and Alexandria replied "You act like we have a count or something. Many have come in an attempt to court him. Though most leave in the afternoon. He is king of a large land mass, he is powerful, strong and charming. Many suitors fought over him... there was a woman who stayed here for well over a month. Though she was found trying to steal secrets and treasures for the kingdom she had come from. Since then our king has thrown away all the letters that the suitors have sent him..... and in the last year King Regulus has not accepted any suitors nor has he sought out any. He spends most of his time either studying or training when he is not attending to his duties as king."

Aemira cocked her head a little to the pair of them as they spoke before nodding slightly as she left her sword where it was, and pulled on a pair of leather gloves. "I see... that indeed does sound like a rather sound blow for someone to get. "It might be advised to start checking the castle on a regular basis for spies from other countries... i do not want the fact of my arrival to get out to the other kingdoms." She was speaking more to herself that moment than the others. "Thank you for informing." She bowed her head and smiled at her slightly.

Alexandria nodded and replied to her first comment "Yes, I think he liked her. He couldn't even have her executed, instead he just let her go home." Helena then responded to her next comment "we do, ever week mage uses lie detecting magic on everyone in the castle. Regulus himself checks them with magic each week before they check on us. Ever since that icident a year ago he has been very careful." At her thanks they both bowed and said together "Your welcome "

Aemira bowed her head before turning to head out of the room, as she did she went looking for Regulus, hoping that he wasn't too far. She wanted to ask if she should start getting to work on what was required or wait and see how it goes. Now she thought about it there was still so much that needed to be discussed.

Regulus was in his room right across the hall with the door open eating his breakfast while he read some reports. When Aemira come into the room he turned to her and smiled saying "I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Are you feeling well enough to do any work today?"

Aemira nodded at him and gave a smile before letting out a long sigh. "I wouldn't be up if i wasn't feeling up to it, but thank you for the concern. Though i do have a question..." She cleared her throat trying to think of the best way to phrase this, "How many enemies do we have so to speak?"

He smiled at her response that she was feeling well then put on a more serious face as she asked about enemies. "Well as of right now we are not at war.... though the seeds of war are planted every where. We are currently at peace with our long time rivals the Grayham Empire. Though recently they have made some allies and our resources say they have tripled recruiting, training and weapon programs. We alos have word of large legions of troops spotted near our boarders from their empire. They say they are running drills, though I am no fool, I am sure they are testing the waters and preparing for an invasion. As of right now I see them as the main threat."

Aemira ran a hand through her hair for a moment before taking in a deep breath, "When was the last time it rained?" She asked him, needing to know a few things, "Or how common is rain in this area.. and what type of forces do they have?" She enquired further, placing her hands together.

Regulus answered her questions and said "The last time it rained was about three days ago when I left to your island. In regard to their forces, the specialize in archery and light cavalry. They tend to use horse archers as well. We specialize in Heavy cavalry and Swordsmen."

Aemira nodded to him as he told her the information she requested. "Interesting to say the least." She gave him a slight smile before bowing and heading out of his room neatly, with a swish of her dress and her black and white locks. She walked through the corridors humming quietly to herself, just taking this moment to think things over. She knew if she started work now the sooner she could have three maybe four ready... but that would be non-stop work. "Wars are always so dragged out.."

Regulus smiled at her comment then watched as she walked out making sure to get a good look at her figure before she left. Once she was gone he said to himself "What a fine woman through and through... though I cannot not let my heart waiver again....." As Aemira walked through the halls the maids, guards and servants made sure to bow respectfully to her.

She bowed a little back, having to get back into that custom before coming to a stop as she widened her eyes, the hall changing to that of her castle, filled with people her people smiling and greeting each other. She smiled softly and walked through the halls, looking over them all, and then another jump and she was standing in a ballroom wearing a black dress, with a crow feather mantle. A gentleman offering his hand and her taking it, the two dancing the night away, her heart a flutter of excitement and nerves about her as she did so.

The two spinning on the dance floor, spiralling around though as they did he d

The two spinning on the dance floor, spiralling around though as they did he dissipated into a mist of flames and ice, and snow and the halls were no longer filled with people and she was alone. She stumbled snapping out of this vision and looking over the gardens, feeling the breeze brushing through her and she closed her eyes, a solemn look on her face. "Can't the past just stay dead for me.." She muttered and shook her head, the memories of the kingdom she lost burning in her brain.

After finishing his work and breakfast Regulus made his way down the hall where he planned on meeting up with her. Though as he went through the halls he spotted Aemira stumbling into the Gardens. He then followed her into it wanting to make sure she was okay. He then walked out next to her and said "You know I really do worry about you. I see you stumbling and leaning on things all the time. Please tell me what is going on with you... are you sick or not? I am not trying to pry its just... right now you are my only ally in all of this. If there is chance I could lose you... I need to know"

Aemira was lightly massaging her temple as he approached before looking over her shoulder at him, and followed him as he walked to her side before nodding. "Yes do not worry i am fine, and there's not a chance you'll lose me unless you poison me... even then you run the risk of just making me angry.." She said, rather coldly the last bit before smiling at him and placed her hands together. "So how can i help you now Regulus?" She asked and gave him a slight smile, hiding the pain she was feeling inside right now.

"Yeah I don't plan on poisoning you..... I hope you don't think I went through all this trouble just to kill you. If I wanted to kill you I would have tried to do it when we first meant" He responded feeling a little akward about her comment. Then at her next comment he responded saying still feeling a bit awkward "Well you know, I would still love those weapons... if your still feeling up for it..."

Aemira bowed her head slowly as he spoke before turning. "I will get to work immediately then." She told him and headed off again at a much slower pace, but a steady one to say the least. She headed outside of the castle into a clear patch on the outskirts of the walls. Taking her forefinger and thumb she place dhtem in her mouth before letting out a loud whistle. Emptying her back a large crystal looking anvil moved out of it, as well as several tools. She traced her hand across her chest, and as she did her clothes changed to sooty blue baggy trousers, thick leather gloves, boots a large piece of cloth tied around her waist and a blue bandanna keeping her hair from her face.

"Alright sounds good to me" Regulus replied. He then followed her and watched as she summoned her tools and clothing. He couldn't help himself and replied "You know you still look hot in that to just to let you know. Also are you forging out here? or downstairs in the forge? Just want to know for future reference."

"You've still got to find a suitor." She called over to him in response to his comment as she tightened the bandana and whistled sharply. There was a roar as the two dragons got to her side, she spoke to them in that foreign language and the pair of them laid down like well trained dogs, Fang's tail wagging energetically. "The forge you have is two small." She stated and looked around for he metal she had to work with.

"Yeah right.... a suitror... not really looking right now, I have to many things on my plate. No time for courting a woman." He replied to her. After fang and Brisk came to her side he just watched then listened to her comment "How big do you need? I will make sure it is built for you." With that men where now carrying out the finest steal they could find in the last day to her.

"But when you are getting into the habit of looking at other women wouldn't be very gentlemanly of you." She was only messing with him and having fun doing so. Once the guards brought the steel to her she picked up a single bar and knocked it on the edge of the anvil, listening to the sound of it. "Hmm.." She examined it for a moment and then held it to the big red dragon, whom's nostrils flared as it sniffed the iron bar.

He sighed a bit at Aemira's response and said "Well you know I cannot help myself when a beautiful woman is in front of me. It would be different if I had a wife." He then watched as she took the steel and examined it with her dragon. He then asked "So is the steel good enough? I tried to get the best I could with the time we had. More is coming in tomorrow that should be higher quality if that is not good enough.... I even ordered some mithril for you."

She glanced over at him before smiling a little as she nodded. "it'll do to begin with for now don't worry." she stated and held the ingot out in front of Fang who growled lowly. Slowly he opened his mouth and blew out a steady stream of fire in front of him, letting it head up as the red/golden coloured flames licked around it. Aemira held the ingot in the flame and let it heat up slowly, the metal going from a silvery colour to a dull red, and still being heated up further. It was clear she was taking her time, not wanting the metal to be ruined.

Regulus nodded and said while watching in awe as Aemira forged the weapons "I am happy to know, also I am sure you know how rare Mithril is, I was only able to get enough for a couple weapons or one set of armor. If you could please use it to make armor for yourself. We need you alive no matter what".

She glanced over at him as the heat from the metal caused the air around it to ripple. "Hmm?" She asked and perked an eyebrow sensing this isn't something to argue about. "I'll make a half plate, a set for you and me." She added, "You are the king, the king deserves the best protection."

Regulus nodded and said "Fine, I will let you have this one, just make sure yours is as protective as mine is." He then sat down on a near by rock as he continued to watch her work. "So tell me, would you like me to have a bigger forge built for you?"

She shook her head as she continued to work, rising her hammer up into the air and struck down upon the metal causing sparks to fly everywhere, the light reflecting in the goggles covering her eyes. The anvil remained silent on the grass, the clear diamond seemingly sturdy as anything. She whistled snd Fang applied some more heat to the metal. "I don't need a bigger forge, this is just fine for me thank you Regulus, out in the open.. though i'd understand if you wanted it to be more protected."

Regulus watched her forge, he then listened to her before saying "Yes that is the point, if you forge weapons out in the open, it won't take long for word to spread about you doing such things. Then it won't take long for enemies to try and sabotage or hurt you. I will make sure the forge is as big as you need. Hell I will build it right here if you want, just let me know."

Aemira glanced over her shoulder at him and lowered her hammer to the side before taking in a deep breath. "If you want to build something around this area then that is fine, though i would say either make room for Fang and Brisk's heads or themselves. I don't want to be a drain on your resources though." She commented before getting back to swinging the hammer. Tink, the sparks flew everywhere again.

"Even if they see me though, they won't know how to make it, there's only so much information that can be gathered from watching. But." Tink. "I do admit that being hurt is something i don't want right now." Tink, and then another whoosh of flame from Fang.

He responded to her first comment by saying "No, honestly the resources you will provide us with are worth it. So don't worry about it." He then nodded at her next comment before saying "Alright I will construct a large dome here. For you and your dragons, is there anything else you would want in your forge Queen Aemira?"

She bowed her head in thanks to him for being so considerate at his building and well her protection. It was.. flattering was what she thought. "You are too kind King Regulus." She stated and began drawing the metal out into the shape of a blade and once she had, she whistled at Brisk who seemingly lolled his head open and puffed out a cloud of frosty mist, instantly cooling down the metal with a hiss and she laid it down leaving it for now.

Once the metal had been placed down she turned to look over at Regulus, "I don't think there is anything else right now no. That would be more than enough." She told him, bowing her head slightly.

Regulus smiled at her compliment and replied "Thank you, though it is really not a problem. You are my ally, my housemate and friend. If I am unable to properly provide you with protection and a proper working environment it would be my shame". He continued to watch as Aemira forced the blade.

Aemira took the bar and nodded to the two dragons as they both hit it with their breaths, burning it and freezing it at the same time. It was clear at this moment why only she could do this, she muttered a few choice words before bringing her hammer up into the air and struck it down on the glowing blue metal bar. There was a crash and eruption of sparks and frosty mist, both scorching and freezing the ground beneath her. She struck it again and the same effect, the clear crystal of the anvil becoming conflicted with various mixtures of storms, fire, frost, lightning air, it looked like sheer chaos around her as she worked. Folding the bar countless times, easily with well placed strikes.

Regulus watched her closely as she worked, smiling as she did her deed. "So tell me how do you give a weapon a soul?" He asked her.

She continued to strike the metal as the pulses of energy came out of the ground and around them. "That is something i will do in secret.. i do not mean to disrespect you king regulus but it is a cultural secret, and as we are not bonded in marriage or related .." She hoped she wouldn't have to finish that sentence. "These will most likely be the last crafts of my kind."

Regulus nodded and replied "No disrespect taken, I completely understand and respect your need to keep the secrets of your kin to yourself." He then listened to her last statement and said "You never know, just as you said to me. You may end up finding the perfect partner and continuing your line and the secrets of your kin"

"I suppose we shall find out.." She stated and left the metal on the diamond anvil before moving back, the ingot had curled into a fine metal ball about the size of a large apple. "We shall leave that there for now.." She stated and nodded to fang and Brisk who rose up before going to breath on the anvil and metal ball, a breath of fire and ice infusing in the metal. "You enjoy the display?"

"Yes we will see" Regulus replied. He continued to watch her work smiling as she spoke to her dragons. Then when she asked him about enjoying the display he smiled and replied "Actually yes I am, it is no often I get to watch a master smith of your level work. Also I have a question, there is a ball tomorrow night at the Palace. I was going to go alone, but I was wondering if you would come with me. It would be a good time for me to introduce you to our allies, also it would help keep those suitors away from me."

She smiled and bowed a little as he complimented her and removed her bandanna from her head letting her hair fall onto her shoulders. "Oh i see, well it would be rude to refuse your offer, an offer of such a gracious host... so yes i would be willing to attend with you." She stated to him and seemed a little uneasy about this but agreed non the less.

He smiled and nodded before saying "I apologize, its a yearly thing that the nobles and lords of the land really love. It keeps everyone happy, though if I don't have you at my side those ladies will be clawing at me".

"I suppose it is best to get more allies quickly before war happens, this might be the last one for a while.." She stated before closing her eyes for a moment. "I will be there do not worry... just do not stare too much or people might get the wrong idea." She added before looking into his eyes with her own two coloured ones. "I don't want these nobles to think i am your mistress that you dressed up. I know you wouldn't ever think of that, but peoples's minds work in funny ways."

Regulus chuckled at her response before saying "Well don't worry I will just say your a Queen from a foriegn land and my new ally. So I am just being a gentlemen, just relax... though I cannot promise I won't stare especially if your wearing something beautiful. Forgive me for that".

She sighed before closing her eyes. "Alright i will keep that in mind." She told him before walking passed him and left her things out there, though they shimmered as an illusion was set about them. "Is there anything else King Regulus?"

He smiled then replied to her comment saying "No nothing else right now, though why cast illusions? I don't feel like dealing with those knights of yours again".

"I don't want someone to walk upon my work." She muttered and then the set vanished as if it were never there, though he could probably sense there was a far more powerful enchantment there. It was like the closer you wanted to move to that spot, the stronger the urge to not even bother to go there happened.

Regulus nodded at her comment before saying. "Okay I understand, I won't bother you." Then once she castes the illusion Regulus could still feel the powerful enchantment. He decided to give Aemira her space knowing that great forces where at work. He made sure to leave a couple solders out their with her as he left.

Aemira only seemed to work, if you could call sitting on the grass looking up towards the sky work. She hummed quietly to herself for another hour before rising and heading towards her room, making her way through the twisting corridors of the castle and taking in all the art that was lying around the place. Just admiring the structure, it was a fairly nice place she had to admit it. Though even though it had been but a day, she was missing her own home. One that she would most likely never have the need to return to or the desire to do so. It was a castle filled with ghosts of the past.. Now was the time to start thinking about the future.

While Aemira hummed in the grass, Regulus was working out some things with the military. He heard of more troops at their boards amassing quickly. He heard that by next month at the latest their would most likely be an invasion. Regulus had sent a letter to the kingdom telling them to move their troops, but they refused. The other empire had stated that there troops where still on their soil and not Regulus's so it wasn't a problem. With that Regulus ordered his military to fully mobilize and be ready for a full scale invasion any day. He then left the room rubbing his temple, frusterated that a large war was coming to his people. Though as he walked out he saw Aemira. For some reason the sight of her calmed his nerves and settle his unease. "Hello there, hows it going?" Regulus Asked Aemira.

Aemira glance dup at him as she was heading back to her room, "Hmm? Oh hello. You know things are just fine yes... done for the day i suppose." She said and gave him a laugh before shrugging a little. "How are you? You seem a little tense? Or excited about this? I don't know how to put it." She said with a chuckle and hooked her fingers onto her baggy trousers, exposing a little of her hip as she did so.

He smiled at her first response replied "I am glad to hear it, though don't over exert yourself. Even if it only a weapon every couple days or even once a week. I consider you very important, without you I am sure my empire and my people will suffer greatly". He then listened to her next statement and scratched the back of his head, of course not missing a chance to get a look at her exposed hip. "Well yes you caught me, I just recieved a report I didn't want to hear... I think war is coming" Regulus said before explaining everything to her he had heard about the armies and the letter.

"You've known war is coming for a while though anyway." She pointed out and gave a slight shrug as she looked off to the side for but a brief moment. "There isn't much point in seeming surprised or upset about it, there's a few things that could effect this early stage but i doubt they will happen now." She patted his shoulder and went to walk passed him. "It's something you're prepared for King Regulus, it'll be fine in the end don't worry. I have no intention of wearing myself out just yet."

Regulus nodded and replied "Yes I have, but I did hope for no war of course. I didn't want to see my people suffer." He replied. He then listened to her next comment and just smiled. Regulus couldn't help but think she was acting like a wife trying to kick him into gear. Though he had to let thoughts like that slide for now. At her last comment he replied "Well tomorrow night is the ball, I will make it as easy as I can for you. I actually I going to set up two chairs for us so we can just sit down and enjoy it. It should make it easier for your body"

"Thank you." She said before letting out a long sigh and shook her head, "From what you're trying to do there is going to be people out there who wouldn't like the fact that you are trying to unite the Kingdoms. People have their own laws and systems they wish to uphold. Slavery, for one will be involved i'm certain." She coughed a little and rested her hand on her chest. "Yes thank you, that would be much better."

"Your welcome" Regulus replied he then listened to her next statement with a straight face and sighed. "Yes I know that... I am against the slave trade, it is illegal in my kingdom though as you know some economies thrive from it. Though it is not right, so those who force injustice on others will be forced to change. I am not saying I know what is best for others... but I know that some things are wrong, and I will not allow those things in my kingdom." Regulus replied. As she coughed Regulus took a handercheif out from his coat and offered it to her saying "Here take this, and its no problem. I wouldn't be a great man if I wasn't for trying to my best for a lady right?"

She smiled upon taking the handkerchief and coughed into it for a few moments and then decided it was best to keep it until she had cleaned it. "Thank you Regulus." She gave him a smile before looking around the place once more and sighed slightly. "All this talk i feel is for another day, and for now we should just focus on what is in the immediate future, such as your ball that you are thrilled to be a part of."

Regulus smiled as she took the handcheif and replied to her thanks saying "Your welcome" He then listened to her talk about the ball and replied "Yes I agree, though I wouldn't say thrilled. But yes I ordered a tailor to come up and fit you for a wonderful dress for the ball if you want. Otherwise the maids and servants are taking care of the other preparations. Is there something you have in mind for the ball?"

"I already have a dress thank you." She told him and bowed her head a little, "I do not require another." She added and shook her head slightly. "Now that Regulus would be telling you... for now i'll keep it under the wraps though, so you will have to wait and see for everything to happen, just like everyone else will have to wait."

Regulus nodded "I thought you might but just in case I sent for a tailor. I will make sure she is paid and sent back home" Regulus replied to Aemira. Then when she talked about a surprise he smiled and said "Oh I see, I cannot wait to see what you have in store. You always seem to surprise me around every corner. You really know how to make my life exciting"

She shrugged before walking passed him, and patted his shoulder. "Yeah sure i do, it guess that's what happens when you bring a new culture into your life." she muttered with a laugh and headed passed him to get back to her room, thinking that a nap would be a nice thing to do around now. She made her way down to her room, and stripped off her clothes before crawling under the sheets again, resting her head on the pillow.

"I guess so" Regulus said as Aemira walked passed him getting a look at her backside in those trousers as she passed. He then shook his head trying to get his focus back. After a couple hours dinner time had arrived and he then knocked on Aemira's door and said "I was wondering if you are feeling healthy enough to have dinner with me?"

The door remained closed for a while before it clicked open and Aemira poked her sleepy head through it, clutching the furs that were used to cover the bed on her front, he could probably figure out that she was completely naked behind that sheet, having just rolled out of bed and in the habit of sleeping naked. She rubbed her ruby red eyes and blinked once before looking over him. "Sorry..? Dinner?" She asked before nodding, "Sure that'll be fine.."

Regulus just waited for her to answer, though just as he was about to turn around a sleepy Aemira answered the door. He couldn't help but smile thinking the Queens sleepy face looked so cute. He then listened to what she said and replied trying his best to not try and think about what was hiding under those furs "Well if you want we could eat together at the table in your room so you don't have to walk to far and go right back to bed?"

She took in a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair, "I.." She took a few moments to either register what he had said or think about it. "Okay yes, that could be rather nice." She said to him and gave a slight smile before going to head back into her room, her back fully exposed as she made her way back to her bed and lay down upon the bed again. Wanting to cling back to what remains of sleep for another few minutes.

"Sounds good he replied I will have the maids come in and check on you when dinner is ready so I do not catch you in an indecent state" He replied. Though when she turned around and saw he back side he couldn't help but blush a bit. Her beautiful pearl like skin, what a beautiful body. Truly one fit for a Queen. Once she laid down he closed the door and went to the kitchen to make sure everyone knew that dinner was to served in Aemira's room.

She remained on the bed and began to close her eyes before slowly falling back asleep onto the ebd and curling into the furs of various animals and colours. She took in a deep breath and pulled it over her head as she did so and just drifted off into a rather nice sleep, wanting to feel a nice amount of rest before dinner.

About an hour and a half later a couple maids came into the room to wake Aemira to see if she was ready for dinner. The blonde maid came up to her and gently shook the lump that was laying under the covered "Queen Aemira, dinner will be ready shortly. Would you like to sleep longer? we can just tell King Regulus you are not feeling well I am sure he will understand" The other maid then giggled and replied "He will understand but I would say he would be a little hurt, I am sure he is looking forward to having dinner with a beautiful woman"

Aemira took in a deep breath as she was shook in her ebd causing the bed to creak a little. "Hmm..." She muttered and brought the fur over her head a little. "Okay i'm getting myself together..." She muttered before rubbing her eyes and sitting up. "Oh i didn't know there was going to be another person there for dinner." She stated and blinked, waiting for her brain to catch up with her sharp wit.

Back
Top Bottom