Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Build A Dynasty (JohnizBeast and Ezralora)

Regulus passed out after his attack completely knocked out from the loss of both his blood and magic. Though before he knew it Regulus woke up in his bed his arm reattached to his body. Though he was still to sore to move, as well as still feelings a bit of the after effects of the drugs he had been given. All he could do is weakly call out "Someone.... anyone... what going on".

Aemira was sitting at his bedside, her legs crossed and a book open in her hand. She was turning through the pages before looking up to see he was awake. "Well sleeping beauty has arisen." She said, "The battles over, the castle sustained minor damage, the same can't be said for your troops, and there was minor civilian loss. Some of Grayham's army moved to take the rear." She closed the book, using a little bit of silk to mark the middle. "You lost your arm, which i reattached, it'll be stiff for a few days, and that scar will forever be there." She concluded. "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Regulus just shook his head "So is the battle over? What came of Grayham's army and mine? and what came of Grayham? also thank you for helping with my arm..... and it is goo to be back... hopefully" That was all Regulus could say. He was doing his best to keep himself from passing out again. He was still in a lot of pain and completely exhausted.

"First, don't push yourself. Second, his army is scattered, yours was well there were two armies trying to kill each other. No word on Grayham just yet." She adjusted her sitting position, her long black hair tied in a loose bun, the white strands clearer in the light. "You seemingly asked a lot of Bolt, and it didn't refuse your call." She flicked her gaze up to him. "After the attack inside the castle i sent Fang and Brisk out to the field and they seemed to clean up the rest."

"I cannot show signs of weakness during war.... If their leader won't push themselves how can I expect my people to push themselves.... though it sounds like it is our victory for now" Regulus replied before listening to her next comment "Yes... I asked him to him to give his all, in return I gave him my all. That is how a partnership should work.... and I am happy to hear things are getting cleaned up properly. Thank you for everything Aemira..." after that Regulus passed out again.

Aemira looked over him before brushing a bit of hair from his face and shook her head. She stood up and headed away and out of where the wounded were being treated, as there was no need to stay there for the time being. She placed her hands behind her back and moved through the castle, as things slowly began to get back on their feet. She didn't feel tired anymore, or the big need to rest unless laziness moved forward. Finding a quiet spot in the castle she laid her swords down, and knelt over them. Pressing her hands together before starting to mutter a prayer over them.

After a couple hours Regulus woke up once again when nightfall came. Though this time he had some more energy and it seemed the drugs had worn off. A couple of maids where in the room and realized the king was awake. Though Regulus tried to sit up "NO! My Lord! You will Open up Your Wounds!" One of the maids cried as they tried to hold him down. A third maid ran to Aemira and infromed her that Regulus was trying to get out of bed.

Aemira opened her eyes as she was found in her little hiding place before standing up and moved her two swords into their sheath. "Okay i am on my way." She said and whistled as Bernard came flying in and snatched the swords from her hand to taken them back to her room. She let out a slight sigh before her clothing changed to a black and white robe with a fur around the collar and sleeves, as a nice black gloves moved up to her elbows that were tied on the wrists with white string, not needing to wear some armour at the moment. "I thought i told you not to push yourself." She said, making her way into the room, her locks of black and white hair loose. "Regulus, speaking as someone who had to put your arm back, less than a day ago. You need to stay in that bed for at least another day." She added and reached out to press on his chest to get him to lay back down.

Aemira was easily able to push him back down onto the bed. He was weak, sore and still tired. "I know you told me not to push myself... but my people... they need me right now." He then looked to the maids and said "Please leave us alone". Once the maids left he turned back to Aemira and said "Fine I will rest for another day.... though I do have a question for you.... do you view me as a boy or a man?"

She smiled a little before shaking her head, "Your people will not lose sleep over their king resting for one day so he can at least stand on his own two feet." She added and pulled the sheets over him, though was a little caught off by the question. "It is rather a strange question to ask, at the moment i see you as a stubborn child, as would anyone. But generally i see you as a man. I may be older in terms of years, one has to take into account other races age far quicker." She says and sat down on a chair. "Why do you ask?"

"I needed to know your answer that is all..... Its just you have told me you are much older than I am. So I assume I must be a child in yours eyes.... anyways I will stay in bed so you can leave now" Regulus said looking away. "I will rest better on my own" Regulus wanted Aemira to see as a man no matter what. Though maybe she was right, his actions where childish. So he decided to spend the next couple days resting and giving orders from his bed.

Aemira didn't say much and rose from her chair to leave, giving a brief wave. In the next couple of days she sent Bernard to visit the king and make sure he was being tended to a treated fairly as well as giving overly detailed reports of what was happening around the castle. She herself began to unwind, enjoying the lack of the need to sleep as she stood in the garden a canvas set up and began to paint lightly, working on it for the next few days when she had a moment away from the forge. Things were certainly quiet now, a little too quiet if that were possible. But peace was peace.

The next few days Regulus just gave orders from his bedside. Making sure his forces where ready for another attack if it came. Though now that the Grayham empire declared war on him he planned on marching right into their territory once he was better and making it his own. So for now he would rest and plan their next big move with his generals. Though once Regulus was healthy enough to move he got a crutch from one of the nurses before heading out.

Regulus then worked his way slowly to Aemira who he found painting in the gardens. "Didn't know you like to paint" He said as he slowly crutch walked over to Aemira.

Aemira didn't look away from her work and stroked the brush over the canvas. "It is a good stress reliever when it is required. I haven't done this in nearly five decades." She responded, and dabbed a little more colour onto her brush and continued to brush it over. "I trust you are feeling better now Regulus?" She asked and gave him a brief glance. She was wearing a pair of long leather boots, black trousers and a white shirt stained with a few paints both old and dry.

"Well if you ever need any extra supplies just let someone know and they will get them for you. If you wouldn't mind I would love to hang some of your work around the castle" Regulus replied as he looked at her art work. "Ah yes I am feeling much better, how about yourself... has your sickness waned at all? I expected to find you sleeping in your room"

"It has passed for now, the recent activities seemed to have shook it away for the moment." She said with a light smile before furrowing her brow as she turned back to the painting. "I do not plan on making too many painting Regulus, but i appreciate the interest. So how may i be of service today? As i am not required to drag you back to bed, and your hand maidens haven't come to bother me in some time." She still kept a smile on her face and placed the brush and paint tray down on a side table.

"I am happy to hear that" He replied smiling back at her. Though soon enough she was asking what she needed of him so Regulus just shook his head and said "Nothing... just enjoy yourself for today." WIth that Regulus walked away. How could he ask her for more? Especially when she was finally feeling well enough to enjoy herself in the castle. No, he couldn't ask her for anything. To know she was finally feeling better and comfortable enjoying herself in his castle was more than enough for him.

She tilted her head as he seemed to be walking off before she furrowed her brow, "You know you can stay a little longer, it's not like the castle will fall into ruin if you spend a few minutes to relax." She said and picked up her paint brush and palette. "Also smile more, it's like a breath of fresh air from that serious expression you wear." She teased, deliberately doing it now to coax a reaction out of the king.

As Aemira began to speak to him Regulus turned around and said "No, now that I am able to move around I need to show my people I am fine. Having them know their king is back up and running will set there mind at ease..... as for my smile it will return when the Grayham empire is secured. Until then my people are dying and while we are at war. When their bodies stop pilling up I will be fine. Though thank you for asking me stay, you know how much I enjoy your company" As Regulus said his last statement he gave Aemira a little bit of a smile.

Aemira tilted her head a little to the side as a bit of her hair fell elegantly over her face. She stared at him with her ruby red eye before giving a slight nod and turned back to her painting. The brush working over the canvas. He had his duties to perform and had made it clear.

"Though maybe I could spay a couple moments....." Regulus said to himself as he crouch walked closer over to Aemira. With every step his crutch made clanking sound against the stone path he was walking on in the gardens until he was next to Aemira. "I am very happy your feelings better. Honestly I was beginning to worried your sickness would never leave you." Regulus said to Aemira.

She gave a slight smile as she continued to paint. "I doubt it wold stay forever, i would have gotten annoyed if it did stay." She said briefly before leaving what she had done to dry in the sun shining down on the garden. She folded her arms before taking a step back to look over Regulus. "I do mean it when i say you are allowed time to rest, the kingdom isn't going to go anywhere and the opponents aren't eager to attack whilst they know that two dragons are patrolling the borders."

"Well at least it is gone now, honestly I was very worried about you." Regulus replied as he took a closer look at the painting she was doing after Aemira stepped back. "Trust me this is rest, and thank you once again for helping out with the battle. I owe you another one don't I?" Regulus replied smiling happily at Aemira.

The painting was still drying and just seemed like a very detailed painting of the sky, with the oranges smeared over it so probably the setting sun, other than that it wasn't finished so there was no much to make out. Aemira chuckled a little before shaking her head, "No you do not owe me anything Regulus, you have given me a place to stay, and company when i need it." She told him and bowed her head, "So i thank you."

Regulus smiled at Aermira's reply and just said "Well maybe you can thank me with a kiss?" Though before she could reply he laughed and said "I am just joking, though how about once your painting is finished you let me hang it up in my room" Regulus asked Aemira.

Back
Top Bottom