Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Winter Wren, By Miranda Honfleur

Not sure if I should vount this, since its so short, but it was a decent introduction to the author. Going to start her full length novel once I finish the other full length one I have been working on.

In An Absent Dream, by Seanan McGuire. It’s the fourth of her Wayward Children books and, like the other three, is so good that I can barely bring myself to read it because if I do I’ll finish it and then there won’t be any more of it.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to react that way to exquisitely perfect stories.

I'm mostly a comic reader these days due to short amounts of free time...also because I love comics. >,>

Series so far that I've been enjoying most:

Fantastic Four (The reboot has been stellar so far)
Young Justice (1st issue came out last week but has me on board right off)
Justice League Dark
Teen Titans
Daredevil (Always been my favorite and his current run is just absurdly good)
Wonder Woman (Never read her books in my entire life until recently, started at her current run, issue 50...some good shit. She's not insufferable like she used to be)
Uncanny X-Men (12 issues in I believe in the new run, slow burn at first but has kicked off and I'm hooked)

Just finished Beneath the Canyons, a wild west fantasy novel by Kyra Halland. Decent plot and characters, a nice break from medieval fantasy.

ALIAS GRACE. Brace yourself, this is Margaret Atwood. Even the nicest man, the one who literally saves a woman's life, has some nastiness in him (in this I think of Karine Giébel). But the women are bad too, older women especially, making sure the system endures for the new generation sometimes more than men. I did sometimes felt it was too much, too tragic, too gloomy, too hateful. The feelings and characters' analyses are incredibly well done and intelligent. The ending... I didn't expect it. And I generally guess them.

In the world of mangas, I'm still keeping up with One Piece and Dragon Ball Super.

When it comes to literature, I recently went back and re-read The Farseer Trilogy, the first one. Great book if you love long in-depth stories based in a gritty fantasy. There's also Oryx & Craig (M. Atwood) which, the more I'm reading it now, the more I realize just where we're heading as a species. Great trilogies, both of them.

At the moment, I'll be picking up some of Brian Sanderson's work. Very excited to read it. ^^

Laurell K. Hamilton's Crimson Death. I'm behind a book or two in the series.

A friend insisted I haaaave to read Max by Sarah Cohen-Scali. It's basically everything you did NOT want to know about the Lebensborn. From the point of view of a disturbed kid. I actually didn't have it in me to read the whole thing. Trigger warning on basically everything and basically everyone lol

Just started Fool Moon (Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher and Knight of the Black Rose (Ravenloft) by James Lowder. I know there are tons of books in the Ravenloft series but if you dig vampires and evil I'd give it a read.

Currently finishing up Dandelion Wine, but it's definitely taken longer than expected lol~

I’m going through my collection of Stephen King books. I just finished IT, and T think I’ll be moving on to Misery next. I’m gonna take a few days off though, IT really brought back some childhood trauma’s haha.

Just finished "Girl who Takes Eye for an Eye". Love Lizbeth, but...is this new author really cutting the mustard? Not sure...but the sixth is already on its way. *crosses fingers he'll get better*

Hard Magic by Larry Correia, Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin and Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie

SPQR ( a complete series of crime novels ) by John Maddox Roberts. Settled in the Roman Empire and amusing!
Fatherland by Robert Harris ( burdensome in some aspects, nothing you can read on one evening )
Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse ( maybe the 3rd or 4th time... it is with me all my life )

Back
Top Bottom