Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

xanaphia

Supernova
I actually got to read something good for this freelancing gig, for once. Phoenyx in Flames, a snappy urban fantasy novel with fascinating, if underrealized world building.

BennyQ

Supporter
Supporter
Just finished The Fall of Gondolin as revised by Christopher Tolkien. Now onto some non fiction with Paris 1919 by Margaret MacMillan.

Comics:

The Black Monday Murders - Have you heard that urban legend about stockbrokers jumping out of windows when the market crashed at the beginning of the Great Depression? Well, this comic series starts with the idea that this was actually a mass human sacrifice by the Cult of Mammon: a math and wealth-obsessed demonic religion that runs most of the world's financial industry. The story goes into modern times following the heads of the families now in control of the cult. Super good.

Morning Glories - This one I can't really explain because I don't understand it yet. A group of kids are sent to a boarding school and they all go unconscious on the way there. The begin attending Morning Glory Academy (none of them actually know where in the world it is located), and lots of magic and time travel and death and mayhem and such follow. Did you like the first two season of Lost? Basically that but at a boarding school and they keep up the whole mystery box atmosphere.

WildC.A.T.s - A neighbor boy used to read this series when I was a kid and I used to borrow them. I found a huge collection at my local library. They are . . . not as good as I remembered them being, but the art is great and I like the nostalgia.

Textbooks:

Okay, not actually going to list these out, but I'm working on my MBA . . . so a lot of my reading time goes into that. Taking Managerial Economics and Leadership Theory this semester.

Audiobooks:

Going back through ASOIAF.

Novels:
Good Omens - prepping for the TV series.

The children who came after them (I find the title to be mistranslated), Nicolas Mathieu. "the portrait of a France far-removed from the centres of globalisation, alternating between decency and rage. A France where almost everybody lives, and which many people would like to forget."

Currently reading "The Rising Of The Shield Hero" it's pretty damn good for an oversaturated genre of anime. I like the take, the main character isn't whiny or wimpy like in many other isekai's.

I'm currently obsessing over Devil's Line. I adore their characters. I adore Anzai Yuuki. Now, I just want to RP plots with that kind of theme. Ugh. :heart:

HustlerSnail

Literally a Skeleton
I've gotten into Charles Stross's Laundry Files series recently and blazed through the first two books really quick but now I'm taking Apocalypse Codex a bit slower. It's some pretty great postmodern cosmic horror blended with a healthy helping of office comedy and cold war spy thriller.

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jericho Barrons. 'Nuff said. I am loving this book! I thought maybe there was a demographic problem because the main girl is irritating as a protagonist...but it's pretty consistent and she has a good, slow progression and growth. But Barrons is the motherfucking man. He's every character I ever wanna write and I'm endlessly entertained by the back and forth between him and Mac. *cups hands around the sides of my mouth* just stick it in already! He's shady; it's fine! Do it!

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

I'm really starting to adore Mac. I'll admit, I hated her at the very outset and her only redeeming quality she had the first book was the challenge and comedic butting heads with Barrons. But by book 3, I feel like she's grown so much. She's a cute little detective and now when she blusters and bluffs, she can back up being so over everything. ...and of course the push and pull with Barrons is still entertaining as hell.

Top Bottom