Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

I actually got to read something good for this freelancing gig, for once. Phoenyx in Flames, a snappy urban fantasy novel with fascinating, if underrealized world building.

Just finished The Fall of Gondolin as revised by Christopher Tolkien. Now onto some non fiction with Paris 1919 by Margaret MacMillan.

Comics:

The Black Monday Murders - Have you heard that urban legend about stockbrokers jumping out of windows when the market crashed at the beginning of the Great Depression? Well, this comic series starts with the idea that this was actually a mass human sacrifice by the Cult of Mammon: a math and wealth-obsessed demonic religion that runs most of the world's financial industry. The story goes into modern times following the heads of the families now in control of the cult. Super good.

Morning Glories - This one I can't really explain because I don't understand it yet. A group of kids are sent to a boarding school and they all go unconscious on the way there. The begin attending Morning Glory Academy (none of them actually know where in the world it is located), and lots of magic and time travel and death and mayhem and such follow. Did you like the first two season of Lost? Basically that but at a boarding school and they keep up the whole mystery box atmosphere.

WildC.A.T.s - A neighbor boy used to read this series when I was a kid and I used to borrow them. I found a huge collection at my local library. They are . . . not as good as I remembered them being, but the art is great and I like the nostalgia.

Textbooks:

Okay, not actually going to list these out, but I'm working on my MBA . . . so a lot of my reading time goes into that. Taking Managerial Economics and Leadership Theory this semester.

Audiobooks:

Going back through ASOIAF.

Novels:
Good Omens - prepping for the TV series.

I'm currently switching between the collected poems of Robert Service, and Ender's Game.

The children who came after them (I find the title to be mistranslated), Nicolas Mathieu. "the portrait of a France far-removed from the centres of globalisation, alternating between decency and rage. A France where almost everybody lives, and which many people would like to forget."

Currently reading "The Rising Of The Shield Hero" it's pretty damn good for an oversaturated genre of anime. I like the take, the main character isn't whiny or wimpy like in many other isekai's.

I'm currently obsessing over Devil's Line. I adore their characters. I adore Anzai Yuuki. Now, I just want to RP plots with that kind of theme. Ugh. :heart:

I've gotten into Charles Stross's Laundry Files series recently and blazed through the first two books really quick but now I'm taking Apocalypse Codex a bit slower. It's some pretty great postmodern cosmic horror blended with a healthy helping of office comedy and cold war spy thriller.

Our Bloody Pearl. YA pirate fantasy about an injured siren who hates humans, and the human who rescues them. I cried a lot.

Just finished a compilation of Neil deGrasse Tyson's essays, very interesting. I'm a major science/space nerd though, haha.

I tend to read several at a time. A little from one, some from another, etc:
Terminal Man (Michael Chrichton)
In Deaths Ground (David Weber)
rocket ranch- the nuts and bolts of the apollo moon program at kennedy space center (jonathan h. ward)
various DC comics (especially books when they had Cassandra Cain as Batgirl)

The Boss, from a blogger who writes snarky stuff about terrible books. It was fun, the sex scene were pretty hot, but too long and overdone. I like orgasms as much as the next person, but 8 each scene feels a bit excessive.

Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde and The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn. Next will be Usagi Yojimbo Legends by Stan Sakai.

I’m reading The Neverending Story and I just got to THAT part... let’s just say I blubbered for a while.whilst listening to Atmospheric Metal too.

Back
Top Bottom