Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Guitarman

Ultra Forsaker Sir Guitar
Just finished a compilation of Neil deGrasse Tyson's essays, very interesting. I'm a major science/space nerd though, haha.

The Goodman

No-nonsense prick
King's by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

From my deep dive in the Urban Paranormal Romance list on goodreads. I did not expect this to be so good but I've barely started and already I'm hooked. Concept, author voice, everything.

mypgems

Planetoid
I tend to read several at a time. A little from one, some from another, etc:
Terminal Man (Michael Chrichton)
In Deaths Ground (David Weber)
rocket ranch- the nuts and bolts of the apollo moon program at kennedy space center (jonathan h. ward)
various DC comics (especially books when they had Cassandra Cain as Batgirl)

xanaphia

Likes big words and playing pretend
The Boss, from a blogger who writes snarky stuff about terrible books. It was fun, the sex scene were pretty hot, but too long and overdone. I like orgasms as much as the next person, but 8 each scene feels a bit excessive.

Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde and The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn. Next will be Usagi Yojimbo Legends by Stan Sakai.

Space

Super-Earth
I’m reading The Neverending Story and I just got to THAT part... let’s just say I blubbered for a while.whilst listening to Atmospheric Metal too.

The Goodman

No-nonsense prick
Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Ryodan. 'Nuff said. 😁 I'm loving these interactions already. And that Ry-O might not be Barrons but he's still a fuckin badass. Good thing to put Dani in her place.

xanaphia

Winter Wren, By Miranda Honfleur

Not sure if I should vount this, since its so short, but it was a decent introduction to the author. Going to start her full length novel once I finish the other full length one I have been working on.

In An Absent Dream, by Seanan McGuire. It’s the fourth of her Wayward Children books and, like the other three, is so good that I can barely bring myself to read it because if I do I’ll finish it and then there won’t be any more of it.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to react that way to exquisitely perfect stories.

I'm mostly a comic reader these days due to short amounts of free time...also because I love comics. >,>

Series so far that I've been enjoying most:

Fantastic Four (The reboot has been stellar so far)
Young Justice (1st issue came out last week but has me on board right off)
Justice League Dark
Teen Titans
Daredevil (Always been my favorite and his current run is just absurdly good)
Wonder Woman (Never read her books in my entire life until recently, started at her current run, issue 50...some good shit. She's not insufferable like she used to be)
Uncanny X-Men (12 issues in I believe in the new run, slow burn at first but has kicked off and I'm hooked)

xanaphia

Just finished Beneath the Canyons, a wild west fantasy novel by Kyra Halland. Decent plot and characters, a nice break from medieval fantasy.

ALIAS GRACE. Brace yourself, this is Margaret Atwood. Even the nicest man, the one who literally saves a woman's life, has some nastiness in him (in this I think of Karine Giébel). But the women are bad too, older women especially, making sure the system endures for the new generation sometimes more than men. I did sometimes felt it was too much, too tragic, too gloomy, too hateful. The feelings and characters' analyses are incredibly well done and intelligent. The ending... I didn't expect it. And I generally guess them.

Graver

Serial Soul Jacker
In the world of mangas, I'm still keeping up with One Piece and Dragon Ball Super.

When it comes to literature, I recently went back and re-read The Farseer Trilogy, the first one. Great book if you love long in-depth stories based in a gritty fantasy. There's also Oryx & Craig (M. Atwood) which, the more I'm reading it now, the more I realize just where we're heading as a species. Great trilogies, both of them.

A friend insisted I haaaave to read Max by Sarah Cohen-Scali. It's basically everything you did NOT want to know about the Lebensborn. From the point of view of a disturbed kid. I actually didn't have it in me to read the whole thing. Trigger warning on basically everything and basically everyone lol

The Goodman

No-nonsense prick
Burned by Karen Marie Moning

Iced left me on a cliffhanger that was not immediately sated by picking up Burned. That opening scene though! >8U Moning! You bitch! I love you! 😁

Top Bottom