Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] The Autumnvale Brothel

Not a problem ^^ you've got to take care of yourself first.

Understandable, my usual methods for removing characters might seem a bit comical but I've done everything from "Character A walks off into the forest because bad tacos, and is never seen again" to "Character A falls into a sink hole and is sucked down in seconds, the ground lets out a soft burp" Animal attacks and the like also work very well ^^

What Theris said. And it's early enough and things have been hectic enough IC that just about anything could be used to justify removing errant ex-PCs.

Anyway, I've only had about 3 hours of sleep, I'm in no state to post at present, so I'll get something up within 24h

Mm, I imagine the more comical method works a lot better in actual tabletop sessions? I haven't ever really DMed a proper game in a real life setting before, only online (both real time and play-by-post). >.>
At least, I find it doesn't work as well in this environment, I usually do stuff of convenience. I had one character who ghosted after the group beat someone terrorizing a town, he stayed to make sure things settled proper. Another who took a portal the group was going through first and wasn't on the other side with them once they went through.

Anyhoo, I'm in the same boat as Desril right now. I've gotten little to no sleep in the past day. I'll toss up a reply tomorrow morning if I manage to get some rest, but certainly I'll try to get something up in the next day, or two, at the latest. I'll get some sleep, sometime, and just make sure I respond right as I wake up and still have some ... working... mind... juice stuff... I am completely blanking on the word here.

Lol that they do, people laugh and the dice keep on rolling. Otherwise It can be difficult to find a clean cut way that satisfies everyone, other than just killing the character off in some way, and even then it needs to be done well. It really helps when the player gives some heads up that they are not gonna be able to play any longer, and the two of you can "plan" the execution/removal together.

Not a problem ^^ and the words I'm coming up with are imagination, Cognitive function, and/or brain power.

With most people seemingly more interested in the Captain, I forwarded that narrative thread (and left it open to whoever wished to join in questioning him in the barracks) and left the others dry for now. If anyone wishes to go elsewhere, let me know here and I'll pass on some basic information ahead of time so you can make a more forward-moving post than "I enter the place." ^.^

"And then Tugara is eaten by a grue."
"Wait, what? Why is there a monster eating people in the brothel?"
"Not that kind of eating."

Mmhm, that really is the best, I've done some good outs (well, I think so) but... sadly more often then not that doesn't happen. Mrgh.

Cognitive function was probably the one I was aiming for. It sounds suitably wordy and beyond my tired brain's ability to consider.

A response to follow tomorrow, on the 10th at the latest. Delay for the same reasons I've been mentioning lately. Question for Theris, though. If Tavish finds nothing, will he go inside the brothel, or more look around the immediate area? (Or, well, more, same question if he does find something, I suppose!) Would give me a bit more to reply with than, "You find nothing/something." ;3

Lol he'll go inside the brothel no matter what he finds, after all, if its nothing he's gonna need information, and if its something's he's gonna need information and backup ^^

In the event it was missed/forgotten, here is a map of Autumnvale linked in the first post as well. 2 is Autumnvale Brothel, 7 is the barracks. The building behind two, the dark one, is a burned-out one.

I left it open for Rea to go into the barracks, or peek the other rooms if she wanted to, other assuming.

If there was anything specific Tavish would have looked for after noticing what he did, feel free to let me know and I'll just post the extra information, if any, here.

Lady Grimoire said:
If there was anything specific Tavish would have looked for after noticing what he did, feel free to let me know and I'll just post the extra information, if any, here.

Not much comes to mind, other than if the burns on the windows were any particular shape, like symbols or claw marks ^^

Mm-mm, more like splotches.
I'm not sure I'll be able to respond tomorrow (for the every other day GM reply), I'll be aiming for the day after (13th). If it happens sooner, it happens, but I'm not sure I have the wherewithal tonight and don't expect I will tomorrow so don't expect it. ^.^

Gah, I wasn't getting alerts to post the last few days. I'll catch up and reply tonight/tomorrow.

The last two days I've been somewhat distracted with an old friend -- pain -- so I was unable to respond. My apologies for not mentioning something sooner. ^^;

@Illven: Ah, er... average-ly so, I suppose? I mean, it's a difficult question to answer given the subjectivity of it, and cause they're guardsmen, not exactly a profession oft taken up by people who are fabulous. :3

@ChrisGabriel: To be honest, your reply was a little hard to read. I'm not entirely certain if I covered everything, let me know if I missed it. Is Reabyne looking for anything in particular? What exactly would interest her? I didn't mention the room on account of there being something I wanted you to find; I mentioned it as Rea seemed to not trust the Captain's word and I thought she might poke about, but without knowing what she's intending to try finding, it's a bit difficult to say what's there since I'm not inclined to list what all the papers say. ^^;

I'm still alive. I'll spare you the details, but life has been kicking my teeth in since my last reply. My apologies for not at least mentioning something, I don't even think I've been on my tablet since my last post though. I'll be responding, if not tonight, then in the next day or two as I try to get caught up in various places. Responses as inspiration and time permit.

Days are still being unkind. I can't find the wherewithal to sit down and respond to everything in one go. I'll not give an estimate this time. I'll respond when I'm able. I may only respond to one group at a time and post them as I get them done, but we will see.

Lady Grimoire said:
The last two days I've been somewhat distracted with an old friend -- pain -- so I was unable to respond. My apologies for not mentioning something sooner. ^^;

@Illven: Ah, er... average-ly so, I suppose? I mean, it's a difficult question to answer given the subjectivity of it, and cause they're guardsmen, not exactly a profession oft taken up by people who are fabulous. :3

@ChrisGabriel: To be honest, your reply was a little hard to read. I'm not entirely certain if I covered everything, let me know if I missed it. Is Reabyne looking for anything in particular? What exactly would interest her? I didn't mention the room on account of there being something I wanted you to find; I mentioned it as Rea seemed to not trust the Captain's word and I thought she might poke about, but without knowing what she's intending to try finding, it's a bit difficult to say what's there since I'm not inclined to list what all the papers say. ^^;

She is looking for any connection to the wild elves, or any interesting tidbit. Basically she is just snooping. Trying to get a feel of the man and the situation.

And I am all right if you just tell me that now she knows the names of the guards, or the kidnapped females, or even if she found a bunch of recipes, I do not need the whole bunch of information, just keep in mind if she could have seen anything in those papers that comes up later - any interesting bits for anything later that she could have been seeing now. Even describing or telling now is no need, just the fact, later, that she did read it here, or something...

There's one. The others won't be nearly as long, I'll see what I can get done tonight. If no other posts have been made by the time I am finished, I'll just edit them into my post (and mention here when I have), else I'll include them as a new reply. Moreover....

Eris said:
"The missing women must have had something in common beyond simply being employed here. Every few weeks...was it perchance on nights of a full moon? Did they service the same customers?"

I'll have Ophelia answer that once you're uh... finished here. ;)

Chris, I'll respond to your OOC when I can.

EDIT: Aiko's reply is up. Rea and Nina to follow as able, may not be tonight. Hitting that stop point...

Holy hell my heart skipped a beat there. I had the whole reply written up on a notepad, copied it, decided to snag something else into my OOC notepad, but alt-tabbed and CTRL+Ved into my notepad with the RP text, which was still selected from the copy I did right before.... thank goodness for the undo button. n.n

... Regardless. I think I got everyone, please let me know if I missed someone!

@Theris, Desril: The map of the town is here. I did stall a little, mostly cause I hadn't decided which building would be the stables (thanks Tavish' poor perform check :p). Two potentials are the building with the yard above 5 on the map (4 and 5 are the inn/general store), or the building with the yard south of 3/8 (3 is the tavern, 8 is the clinic). I leave it up to the two of you~~it makes no difference to me, the only difference is the people you might attract.

Uhh, Desril. In your first post you mentioned, "Only the drivers and passengers knew... " About how many were you thinking involved, thereabouts? I'd actually forgotten about them until just now, but I really should flesh them out and include them... especially given this turn of events.

Hope they don't get arrested! Eris will have to start raping people if she doesn't get them to come to her...by the way, what's the total population of the town?

Arrested indeed. >.>
Um, it's low. I think somewhere around 100-150?
(I shifted rooms mid-post once I had all the info I thought I needed; my notes are elsewhere, if it really matters I can doublecheck later?)

Should you/I roll to see if Eris gets knocked up by this steed thanks to Tavish's fertility herb? Or Tavish himself? Or any of what'll cum soon?

I'm gonna leave this to the two of you to decide on. It makes no difference to me. ^^;

@ChrisGabriel:The guards, fair enough. There's enough information there for her to have that (personally I've only named some of them--Algar, and the two who I figured would be involved, the others I hadn't fleshed out yet). She could get the names of the last two, maybe three, kidnapped ladies, but not all of them without going through practically all the drawers (since as mentioned, what's on the desk is a short stack of the most recent things, anything older than like, two weeks, isn't there).

I'll try to keep that in mind and mention it, I suppose. I suppose I'll just stick to what I've said (about how it's duty and recent incident reports) and if you have any specific questions you can ask me.

Lady Grimoire said:
The map of the town is here. I did stall a little, mostly cause I hadn't decided which building would be the stables (thanks Tavish' poor perform check :p). Two potentials are the building with the yard above 5 on the map (4 and 5 are the inn/general store), or the building with the yard south of 3/8 (3 is the tavern, 8 is the clinic). I leave it up to the two of you~~it makes no difference to me, the only difference is the people you might attract.

Unless Desril objects I would say the one between 4 and 5 looks good ^^

Back
Top Bottom