Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

The barber turned to Adri after Owen got his sucker, "You did well too. You can have one." He winked at her and she rolled her eyes as she picked out a sucker. She opened them up and gave Owen his.

"I'm still eating a cupcake tonight. I don't know about him." She said looked at Owen who gave a few licks to his first sucker. She let him walk to the car and then put him in his car seat. John buckled him up and Adri drove them to the cabin.

He dropped his sucker at some point so that wasn't going back into his mouth. She went into the kitchen and pulled the cupcakes out of the fridge and set them all on cakes.

"I only got three but we can share. Owen only needs a quarter of a cupcake so dig in. She cut the strawberry cupcake for Owen and took his shirt off so he could feed himself. She handed everybody else a fork.

Jake laughed and got a photo of the two of them with their suckers. He posted it on Instagram with a captain. "O's first haircut. He was such a big boy and mommy handled it very well so they both a treat. So proud of my loves. #MrsDrifter #BabyDrifter #FirstHairCut." He took a photo of himself without smiling but showing off his new haircut and captained it, "#MrsDrifter did a good job picking out the new style."

"You both. It's been a big day you both deserve your cupcake." He kissed her cheek. "You did so good big boy."

John put his hand up. "I only want to try a little. I don't need a lot." Eileen was still full from dinner. Jake ate his cause he knew he'd work it off. Owen dug in and loved it. He smiled up at Adri and had icing all over his face. "Baby do you want to tell them what these are for. I haven't told anyone..."

Adri smiled at Jake, "Owen, as of...what 7 or 8 hours, is officially my son. I signed the papers this morning. He's mine." She smiled happily and took a bite of her cupcake.

She smiled at Owen's cupcake face and she took a picture of him and made a post of it on Instagram. "He's mine and I'd say he's pretty happy about it. #MyFirstBaby #MySonForever"

She kissed Jake's cheek, "And now the world knows." She took another bite of her cupcake and enjoyed it. "God I love cupcakes." She smiled.

He smiled and gave her a nod. His parents were really excited for them. John gave Adri a hug. "Congratulations. That is amazing." He smiled as Jake took a bit of his cupcake.

Jake kissed her head. "We probably should call your parents and tell them baby." He told her. It was something he didn't want them finding out from something online. It was big news that at least deserved a phone call.

"You can eat them more often you know. It's okay. A cupcake isn't going to do a lot. Now if you twenty that's different." He told her and kissed her cheek as he finished his. He kissed Owen's head. "You like your cupcake babe?" He smiled at Jake. "I think so...you're a mess."

She nodded her head, "Yeah. I'm going to go call them really quick." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to make the call. She came back not to long after and gave Jake a kiss. "They say hello and they can't wait to see their grandson again." She laughed. "We e only been gone two days."

She smiled, "I probably could eat twenty." She told him and took another bite. She put her head against his thigh. Since she was sitting on the ground it was the closest thing of his to rest against.

"Yeah I think he likes it. Maybe we should get this cupcake place to make his cake. We know he likes it. This is going to make some cute first birthday pictures too. If he can get this messy. I'd love it."

Jake gave her a nod. "Okay. Tell them hi." He kissed her back. "Yeah but they love their grandson. And future son in law. I am their favorite after all." He chuckled.

He smiled. "I could. I'd feel like crap after and work out for two days straight." He played with her hair. His parents played with Owen after he was done eating his cupcake and they got him cleaned up.

"How are we going to get the cake to Vegas babe? I'm all for them doing it but..." He looked at his parents. "That's a lot for mom and dad to try to bring home."

She rolled her eyes, “Your my second favorite. You’re everyone’s second favorite. I am the favorite child.” She smiled and gave him another kiss.

She shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know. I guess we can stick with the same people that did your sister!’s cake.” She said softly.

She smiled up at Jake, “Thank you Babe. For doing whatever it took to get that guy to be mine for ever. It really means a lot to me.” She told him. She finished her cupcake and took the staplers and trash.

He pulled away when she tried to kiss him. "Oh no...No kisses. Meanie. I'm not second favorite. I'm world champion babe." He gave her a look.

His mother shook her head. "If we drive it's fine. It will be fine. We can do it in a day and it will be fine." Jake sighed but didn't protest.

"That's up to you and the future Mrs. Whatever you guys want to do." Jake told his mother and looked at Adri.

He gave her a nod. "Of course." He kissed her back deeply. "I love you." Later he would explain what it took. It did take some convincing on Layla's part but he did it. It did make him feel better knowing if anything happened to him Owen would stay with Adri and when they had more kids then he could stay with his siblings and not have the risk of being separated from them. He also wasn't going to have another visit to the hospital where she couldn't be with him either.

"I will kick you the next time you pull away from a kiss." She threatened. "Do it again and she's what happens." She laughed.

"We will see. Maybe. He really likes it and it's his first birthday. He won't remember it but it's special. Especially after all he has been through in the year." She said softly.

"I love you too." She smiled. It took another hour for Owen to start getting fussy. He didn't want anyone but Jake which was a nice ch age of pace from always wanting Adri. It was time for bed and the grandparents took that as queue to leave.

"We will see you guys tomorrow. The relator wants to meet at ten so we can drop him off at nine. He'll be fed and probably ready for his first nap." She told them and gave them both a hug. "Have a good night."

She walked them out and locked the door. She went back to Jake, "I will make the bottle if you want too be him a good wipe down and change him." She offered and started getting the bottle ready.

Jake laughed. "That makes a man want kiss you. Threatening to kick a dude..." He rolled his eyes but was smiling.

Eileen told Adri to just let her know that they would be happy to do it.

Jake gave his parents both hugs and Owen gave them both hugs but only John got a kisses too.

He looked at her and gave her a nod. "Got it." He took Owen upstairs to the bedroom that had his clothes and got him cleaned up, changed and a clean butt. He then sat with him on the couch after going back down. Jake figured he'd take his bottle as they watched t.v. He snuggled to Jake.

“Fine then. Pull away from a kiss again and I will lick you.” She smiled as if that was any better.

She handed the bottle over to Jake and sat next to them on the couch. “I would say put him in his crib and let the bottle put him to sleep but he might not go down so easily since we are in a new place.” She said softly and rubbed Owen’s foot.

“I am going to pack his bag for his big trip to grandma’s house.” She gave Jake a kiss on the cheek and grabbed the diaper bag. She made sure there were plenty of diapers, diaper rash cream and everything else they would need before setting it by the door.

She grabbed her phone and sat back down on the couch. By then Owen was done with his bottle and close to asleep.

He gave her a look but didn't say anything in front of his parents. His eye brows wiggled a bit.

"That's what I figured. He may want one of us with being some place new." He got comfy on the couch with the bottle with him. Owen already was having trouble keeping his eyes open.

Jake put his arm around Adri when she got back and snuggled with both of them. "What did your parents say when you told them baby?" He asked her with a smile, resting his head against the back of the sofa.

"I called Layla to meet up with her. Please forgive me for not saying anything, I felt like if I did you would want to know why and I wanted this to be a surprise. It took me calling her for two weeks. I was so afraid she was going to call back and you would have saw and got all mad and suspicious." He chuckled. "At first she wanted no part in it. But I explained how much you love him and how much you do for him and it was a benefit for him in so many ways. She really is happy how well you take care of him and how much you love him. She told me that. She said I really couldn't have picked a better woman to love her son. I agree completely."

“They were very happy. Of course they always saw him as their grandson but now it feels more official to them I guess. Now no one can take him away.” She smiled and rubbed his thigh.

She knew how much of a hassle it would have been to get Layla to agree to something like this. She was glad she did though. “I guess we could invite her to his first birthday.” She said very softly and looked at Jake. She wanted her to be a part of this. Owen had two moms and a father. She should be in his life but she wasn’t going to force her.

“I was thinking for Halloween out costume with O could be from Moana. I will be Moana and you can be Maui and Owen can be little Maui guy on his chest.” She smiled. “Might as well. That’s perfect. And Bam can be the pig and Rocky can be the chicken.” She smiled like it was the greatest thing ever.

“And whatever party we go to we are going to need a good couples costume. Maybe the Flinstones or something. That might be cute. Luke and your sister can be Barney and his wife. I’m a Halloween genius!!”

He gave her a nod. "No one will take him from you baby. That's what I was so worried about. I want him to be able to stay with you no matter what." He kissed her cheek.

He shrugged. "If you want to or think we should." Jake wasn't a huge fan of her because she has left their son and it wasn't fair to Owen but he was a happy boy with a mom who loved him more than anything. He just hope she would come.

"What about Max?" He asked and scratched Max's head. "Poor buddy. Mommy forgot about you." He teased. Owen lifted his head towards Max and Jake sighed because he was afraid he blew that he was almost asleep but he put his head back down and his eyes closed rather quick.

"Flinstones huh? We could do that. But I'm not chubby like Fred. We could be Barney and O could be Bam Bam." He just smiled and would dress up however she wanted him to.

She smiled and rubbed his cheek, "And that's why I love you. No one is taking either one of you away from me." She smiled and accepted his kiss.

"I did not! I just didn't have a character for him." She laughed. "And I doubt he will accept wearing a costume even if it just for a picture. He doesn't even like wearing the scarves the grimmer outs on him. He won't like a costume."

He thought about it and pursed her lips. Her eyes light up and she smiled really big. "Babe. Boo. My love. My future husband. I have the perfect costume. Have you see Rocky Horror Picture Show? She asked him.

"I can be Dr. Frankfurter and you can be my Rocky. You have the body for it. All you need is the gold speedo." She smiled at him. "Please? I know you don't like speedos but it's Halloween. I would owe you. Big time owe you." She smiled and clasped her hands under her chin.

"You're stuck with both of your Daniels men. I love you too baby." He smiled and kissed her hand on his cheek.

He chuckled. "She did...she forgot you Max. Poor boy." He chuckled again. "We could just get him a security vest that way it fits regardless of what we do."

Jake knew something bad was coming with how she was calling him every pet name she had for him. Then she said Rocky Horror. "I have seen Rocky Horror and no..."

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm not wearing a speedo in public. For a party...buy it and I'll wear it in the bedroom. That's my compromise." He smiled. "I don't have as light of hair as Rocky has. Sorry."

"Oh come on babe. I'd owe you big time. You'd look great. Please?!" She begged. He was lucky he was holding Owen or she'd be on his lap begging him.

She shook her head, "For the bedroom isn't good enough. Babe you dress up as Rocky and I can be Frankenfurter and we can do the song the Make You A Man song and we can post it on Instagram!" She smiled.

"You won't even have to wear a speedo. How short of shorts will you wear?" She asked curiously. "Like old school gym shorts short maybe? Gold shorts!"

She sat back, "Or we can be Janet and Brad but that's boring."

Jake shook his head. "You're not helping your case babe. How did this go from Halloween to doing a song? I don't want to do a song about making a man out of me. You just want to have a reason to get me in a speedo and feel me up. I feel like a piece of meat right now." He chuckled and shook his head.

He gave her a look. "Adge..."

"Dammit Janet!" He chuckled. "I'm putting our son to bed. Keep thinking of ideas." He told her and got up. Jake took him up to the bedroom and laid him in the play pen and turned the monitor on and went downstairs to Adri and set the monitor down on the coffee table. He sat back down and looked at her. "What did you come up with?"

"It's Lipsynching and you'd be working out while I do all of the work. They do it all of the time with the commercials. You were treated like meat in the Powerade commercial. Nothing but body and the drink. This is for a good reason Boo." She told him.

She sighed and sank into the couch. "You're no fun." She told him.

She got on his lap and gave him a kiss. "You can be Frankenfurter and I can be Rocky." She told him. "I don't mind walking around in a gold bikini. You can wear the corset and garters." She looked at him and smiled.

Jake shook his head. "That's different. Totally different. I was not in a gold speedo." He told her.

He shook his head and let out a big sigh. His arms wrapped around Adri. "No. I'm being Frankenfurter. That's a big fat no." He thought about it a moment and sighed. "Fine...fine I'll do it."

"You owe me soooo big for this. Like soooo big. If today has not shown you what you mean to me...you will never know. Between O and this....this should show you just how much I love you." He kissed her softly.

"We almost should dress up as the Paw Patrol clan for Owen. The dogs could be their own Paw Patrol dog."

She laughed and gave him a hug. "Boo everyone will love it. It's going to be amazing. I love you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She kissed his face all over and then gave him a big fat kiss on the lips.

"God I love you!" She smiled and grabbed her phone so she could start looking up costumes for the both of them. "You are the best. You know that right? The absolute best."

She smiled and nodded at his idea. "That would be cute. Weird, if we dress up like dogs but cute. It would make him happy. Or creep him the hell out." She laughed.

He chuckled. Seeing her happy made it worth it. He would do anything to make her happy.

"I love you too." He smiled. "It doesn't hurt to hear it every once in awhile."

He could see it would be weird or could creep him out. "True on creeping him out. I need to do something to redeem myself somehow. If I'm not going to be someone cool to the world if I am to my wife and son that's good enough for me." He smiled and rubbed her side.

Jake turned the tv on and flipped through and decided on a movie. "I think since I've been so awesome day you should rub me down tonight."

“Babe you are a champion ufc fighter. You can wear whatever the hell you want. But if you feel the need for redemption then maybe...” she sighed and shook her head. “I don’t know. Let me think on it.”

She smiled at his idea and nodded her head, “I think you’re right. But let’s do it upstairs.” She said and took the remote. She turned the TV off and took him upstairs.

She got his shirt off and had him get in the bed. She went into the bathroom and grabbed her lotion and baby oil. She climbed on the bed on top of him and started to rub him down. “Best fiance ever.” She told him.

“You did agree to the speedo right?”

She had a valid point. He could wear whatever the hell he wanted. "We don't have to do that so much. I did like your Moana idea. That was a good idea." She normally did have good ideas.

Jake got up and went upstairs with her. He removed his shirt and his pants just to get more comfortable and laid on his stomach on the bed. "Who is the best fiance ever? Me or you?" He asked, it being a valid question.

"Yes love...yes...don't expect it all the time though." He smiled and let out a little grunt as she hit a nice knot in his shoulder.

“It was a good idea. Because I am a Halloween genius.” She smiled at him and rubbed his cheek.

“I was saying you but I mean o am pretty great.” She laughed and gave him a kiss. She unraveled the knot in his shoulder and kept rubbing to find another one. “I wouldn’t expect it all the time. Just for Halloween Rocky.” She giggled.

“You have to admit that’s a damn good costume.” She told him and bent over to kiss his back.

Back
Top Bottom