Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

"What would it look like if we leave it long enough to comb back or spike up whichever I want to do? Or what kind of style do you think? What does my girl want?" Jake was ready for a change but wanted Adri to like it.

It was nice to just hang out with his parents for a bit and let them see Owen. Owen was happy and had fun playing with them. Eileen was nice and seemed like a different person to Jake. It was weird and he didn't know what to do about it.

"Mac and cheese sounds good. I'm gonna get fries with my food so he can even munch on some of those. Maybe get him some fruit too. They have Ribeye steak or bristo."

Jake smiled and gave her a nod. "That would be nice. Thanks baby." He ordered a beer for himself and his dad. He also ordered cheese curds to share as an appetizer and he order the Mediterranean Trout.

After they ordered, Eileen asked what all they planned to do in Denver besides find a cabin.

“Shave the sides. Keep it long up top. That will look good on you, Boo.” She smiled and gave him a kiss. “I just wanted to trim it. Just to try it out. I think I am going to retire from cutting.” She smiled.

“Mac and cheese and French fries. Yummy.” She laughed. Probably the most unhealthy meal Owen has ever eaten but it was only once. He’d be fine and he’d keep his baby fat on him a little longer which made Adri happy.

“Just hang out I guess. The cabin was the major item for Christmas. Jake might want to do something. I was thinking we could go shopping or go to a spa or something Eileen. Treat ourselves.” She offered.

Adri ordered the ribeye and mashed potatoes and green beans and ordered Owen’s food too.

He liked that idea. "Okay. I'll do that." He smiled and kissed her back. "You're retiring? But it looks good. Don't retire completely. I may want you to help me."

"Yeah I know...it's okay. He's having a cheat day just like we are. Huh buddy?" He smiled at Jake. He kissed his head.

Eileen liked the idea of a spa. "That would be nice. I would love that. Thank you." She turned to Jake, "What are you guys going to do?"

Jake shrugged. "I don't know. I do want to hike on the trails by the cabin a bit. I do kind of want to take O to the Aquarium and Zoo. And the Children's Museum. I was thinking of taking dad out shooting. But we will do that a different day than when you guys go to the spa. That way we can watch Owen. I am excited to find out holiday place."

"Jake we have been thinking, we don't feel like you guys should have to pay for this whole thing yourselves. We all will be there. So how can we help?" John asked.

Jake looked at Adri.

“Yeah that could work. You guys go shooting and we watch him and the we go to the spa and you watch him. That would be cool.” She said.

“Yes, Let’s take him to the children’s museum! That will be fun and good for him. Playing with some kids his own age.” She smiled.

Adri frowned and shook her head, “We gave the cabin covered. But if you guys could go and check on it for us. You guys live in the state so you can take a weekend trip to the cabin and check on it for us. That’s my biggest worry.”

She looked at Jake, “And I’ll have decorators coming down to put the decorations together and make it Christmas ready so if you one of you could go to it and make sure they don’t install hidden cameras or steal anything that would be helpful.”

Jake liked that idea, the guys could go do their thing in the morning then let the girls do theirs. "We could always just watch a movie while you're at the spa. Or go hiking by the cabin. It will be fun."

He smiled. "I like that idea. I think it will be fun. He can get some energy out and then nap really good too. We could always split the cabins up by two days. We could do the museum one morning so he can get tired for us in the afternoon." He shrugged, with it just being an idea.

"Yeah that would help us the most if you guys just check in on it. Stay a weekend here or there and just make sure it's all good." Jake added.

John nodded, "Let us at least help with the food for Christmas. We can chip in money or provide the turkeys and ham. Or if you're having someone else make it we will pay."

Jake rolled his eyes. "We will figure it out closer to Christmas dad. I appreciate you wanting to help but this is what we wanted to do so we don't expect you to chip in."

"Of course we can go when they drop off things. Absolutely. I'll be there the whole time." John insisted.

"I do want to install a security system we can check into while in Vegas." Jake explained and John liked that idea.

The appetizer came and Jake gave Owen a few small pieces to keep him busy.

She nodded her head, "Yeah. You can do that if you want. Would you want to go shootings the morning or the evening? We can do the spa anytime. And I think I should spend some time with John too. I don't get to spend much time with your dad. That is if he wants to hang out with me." She joked and looked at John.

Adri couldn't help it. She nibbled on the appitizer and hated every delicous bite. It was too good to pass up. She gave Owen a little bite and he reached out for more.

"So how are you guys going?" She asked. "Get I along and everything?"

Jake looked at his dad. "Anytime is fine." John spoke up. "Maybe we can go in the morning, and then get back and you can take your time in the afternoon." Jake added. John looked at Adri, "Uh, yeah not really." He shook his head teasing her. "Of course I would. You just want to hang out the two of us?" Jake looked at Adri confused but didn't mind. "I guess mom and I can hang out. I'm not really into a spa day. What would we all do?"

Jake stole a few of the cheese curds.

John and Eileen smiled at each other. "We're doing good. Taking things slow. Seeing where it goes." Eileen explained, "He's been really good with everything that's happened and going on. Probably better than he should be." Jake looked down and took a long drink of his beer. "I guess we're find our way back..."

Jake looked at Adri and then his parents. "Are you guys going to stay here in Denver then? Or ever venture back to Vegas?"

"I like it in Vegas, your mother likes it in Denver. I'm keeping my place we are going to try to just go back and forth. We don't need to settle in one place."

Jake agreed. "That's true. Your grandson likes being able to see his grandparents is all."

"Well we will come see him and watch him anytime you need us to. Just let us know Jake. Your mom wants to be around more too." He looked at Eileen and she gave a nod, "I know you don't trust me with him alone, and I don't blame you..." She looked at John and hesitated, "Jake...I'm going to counseling for everything. I'm trying to work past what I've done and said and have allowed to happen to you and Amy. I know it doesn't make it right. I'll probably never completely forgive myself, but I'm trying to work past it. I will do whatever you and Adri want when it comes to Owen and any other kids you have. If you don't want me alone with him then I won't be. I'll respect that. Or if you need to be present. I will respect that too." She offered a small smile.

Jake looked at Adri then his mom. "That's good you're getting help mom."

“Don’t look st me like that. You have hung out with my parents alone. I can hang out with your parents. Afraid I might be their favorite child?” She teased. “I’m sure there is something we can do together. It doesn’t have to be shopping or a spa day unless you want it to be. We can go fishing or something. I just don’t want to touch the fish.”

She thought traveling back and forth would be a lot on them but if they could handle it then she wouldn’t stop them.

“We are all glad you are getting help Eileen.” Adri said softly. “He’s a lot of work is all and we are taking special care of him and his needs. So it’s just easier if John is around to help you figure out what’s wrong. He’s been sick more than I would like him to be and are still trying to get his immune system to be where it should be. Plus his asthma doesn’t help.”

She looked at Jake, “We know John knows what to do and you will learn but until then John can help so you don’t get stressed out over it.” She put her hand on Jake’s legs and smiled at her. “Did you pick the air humidifier?” She asked Jake.

He chuckled. "I was just kind of surprised is all." He told her. "No. I'll always be dad's favorite because I was the first to give him a grandchild and I carry on the Daniels name." He looked at John. "She's a good fisherman Pop. She won't bait her own hook either." He chuckled.

John shook his head. "That's not true. I don't have favorites." He looked at Adri, "Whatever you want to do. We can do. I'm not so into the shopping or spa thing but...I think it would be fun to do something you enjoy." He offered her with a smile.

Eileen looked at Jake, "What would you liked to do while they spend time together?" Jake told her anything she wanted to but they will have Owen.

Eileen gave her a nod. "I understand. It's probably a good thing. I don't want to be left alone and something happen and I not know what to do." She did completely understand.

"I mean when something happened Adri was alone with him when he had his one seizure and she was scared and handled it amazingly but I know it scared the crap out of her. I don't know if I would have handled it the same way." Jake shared. He gave her a nod. "Yeah babe. The humidifier and his nebulizer. We got our bases covered.

She rolled her eyes, “Just wait. When he gets his first granddaughter he will be wrapped around our finger. I will be his true favorite for giving him a little girl to spoil.” She smiled proudly and looked at John for confirmation. “A boy is nice enough but a girl, you can do some major spoiling damage with a little girl.” She leaned over to Jake, “That means I’m his favorite and he doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.” She smiled.

“You know what. Let’s go mini golfing. I used to do it with my brothers. It was one our dates too remember? That’s always a fun way to get to know someone. I’ll kick your butt in some mini golf.” She smirked.

“I don’t think I did that well. I wasn’t even allowed in his room.” She smiled at her son. “I just don’t want anything like that to happen again.” She rubbed Jake’s back.

Their food arrived and Adri gave Owen his plastic fork so he could try feeding himself. She didn’t think he would use it for more than a drumstick but it was worth a shot.

Jake shook his head. "Again, I decide if we have boys or girls so in the end I will be the one who is his favorite babe." He did know that the baby girl would have her grandfather wrapped around her little finger just like her daddy would be. "Shut up Adriana. It does not. I'm your mother's favorite...so there."

He gave her a nod. "I remember. Ooo trash talking already babe. Someone has confidence."

John gave her a nod. "Sure. We can do that. I know a place I could take you. I won't go easy on you though because you're a girl."

"Baby you did good. You moved fast and did what you had to." He smiled and kissed her temple and held her hand.

Owen held onto his fork and fed himself with his hands. Everyone was quiet at first while they ate then they made some small talk.

"Mom why don't we take Owen to the park. That park by our old house. I think it would be cool to let O see his daddy's old stomping grounds." Jake smiled.

Eileen smiled and gave him a big nod. "I would love that."

“I wouldn’t expect you to even try to go easy on me. I’ve been playing mini golf for a while. I can hold my own. I think beat Jake on our date. Or we tied. I can’t remember. I probably won though.” She smiled.

Adri smiled at Jake going to the park with his mother. She loved that he was taking her somewhere special to them and showing into Owen. And Eileen was excited for it. That made Adri feel really good.

She cut into her steak and took a bite. It was delicious. She loved. Exactly what she wanted. She smiled at Jake. “This is really good. Good choice Boo.”

"Well that's because you probably did beat him. He was never good at mini golf." John added.

"Dad!" Jake laughed a little. He shook his head. "I think you did win but that's besides the point. I probably let you win."

Jake gave her a nod. "You are welcome. That's one thing that I am good at. Picking good places to eat. But would this not be amazing in Vegas babe?"

After they ate, Jake tried to grab the bill but his dad got to it and John just smiled. Jake gave the keys to Adri. "Do you trust yourself driving dad's truck?" He smiled and then made a face, "You just wanted us to drink so you had to drive us home." He told her like she just got busted. "Is it good if we stop somewhere to get my haircut?" He asked his parents and they said it was fine and that they'd keep Owen busy so it worked out.

Jake took Owen out to the truck and got him buckled in and put some toys in his seat with him before getting in himself.

She rolled her eyes, "No. I just found something that I am better at. Minigold and Lipsyncing."

She nodded her head, "This would be awesome in Vegas. You should do it." She encouraged. "Someplace close to the strip. I know it will be pricey but if the food is good it will bring people in. If the food is good and cheap it will bring the drunk people in. It's perfect."

She laughed and took the keys, "You know me too well. You have gotten to drive that big thing the whole trip. I want to drive it too. Without the RV." She added quickly so she wouldn't have to drive home. She got int he driver's seat and had to adjust the mirrors and her seat. She plugged the barber shop into the GPS and they were off.

"Did you want to stay int he truck or go in with us?" She asked his parents.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Babe lipsyncing isn't something to be proud of at being better at. That just means you can't sing." He teased.

"Yeah but I would have to get someone to do most of the work for me. I can't run a restaurant, train, get the gym started, plan our wedding, and get our house started." It wasn't a bad thing though. A lot of owners have management staff run the place.

He smiled. "I know that's why you wanted me to drink. It's why I said it. I knew you wouldn't drive it with the RV attached to it. You know you could have asked dad and he would have let you drive his truck. Since you claim to be his favorite and all." He teased.

" Well it probably won't take too long right? We will just stay in the car. That way we don't have to get the little guy in and out of his seat." His mom said and talked to Owen who thought whatever his grandma has say was so funny.

When they got to the barber shop, Jake got out and went in. They told the stylist what he wanted and the stylist thought it was so cool that Jake and Adri were in their shop asking for photos and autographs.

“I can sing and I can lip sync. So that means I am better at two more things.” She teased and kissed his cheek.

“That’s not the worst thing in the world. People do it all of the time. And with everything we want to do in our futures we are going to need some help. So outside help will come in handy. I know I will be using it.” She told him.

She walked into the shop with Jake and looked at the books to see what hair cut he should get. “He wants to shave the top of his head and leave the sides full. Right Boo?” She asked teasingly. “That old man bald spot. That’s a good look. You can pull that off I think.” She joked.

He rolled his eyes. "If you say so. O thinks daddy can sing."

She made sense. She did. "But is now the best timing?" He asked her and shrugged. "We need to at least get married first okay?" Jake gave her cheek a kiss. "Babe thanks always being so supportive. Means a lot." He gave her a quick kiss with a smile.

Jake gave her a look. "You are rude. Rude as hell. She wants a haircut too. She wants to shave it. All of it." He rolled his eyes. "Jerk." He poked her side. "I was going to let you pick out my new do. Not now."

“I’ll always support you Boo.” She smiled and gave him a kiss. “We can get married first. Then half of it will be mine.” She stuck her tongue out at him and rubbed the back of his head. “I’m kidding. It will be all yours. I’m just emotional support.”

She laughed when they got into the shop. “My hair is contracted in something. I’m not allowed to cut it but if I could I would rock a bald look.”

She pouted and looked through the pictures. “Uh how about...this?” She handed the picture over to him. “Long enough for me to braid and put a ponytail on when you’re sleeping. And manly. And sexy. You can pull that off.”

He kissed her back and then she gave him an idea. "No hold up. Why don't we do it together. Why not be my partner. That way if I'm busy you can take over and vise versa. We can pick things together. You want a lot of kids Q. We need multiple things for the kids to decide they want to do. Whether it be the gym, your make up line, the restaurant." He smiled. "Just think about it...we have time."

Jake looked at her surprised. "It is contracted? Seriously? I never knew that. Learned something new about you today babe."

He looked at the photo and honestly it was exactly what he was thinking. "I like it. But you're not braiding it or putting it in a ponytail. Or I'll put gum in yours while you sleep." He threatened. "This is it then. Let's do it." Jake got in the chair and they put the coat thing over him. He looked at Adri. "You sure you don't want to go get baby boo and have him get his done too? I'm sure they will give him a sucker." He laughed.

She nodded her head, "I mean we could partner up. I don't see why not but Boo, you won't run the restaurant. The manager will call if something goes wrong but for the most part the manager will run the restaurant. You cash the checks." She told him.

"Yup. I cannot cut or color my hair. It's part of my look." She told him. "I should get it insured but as long as you don't cut my hair in your sleep or something I will be fine." She said and played with her hair. "I can play with wigs though. I might." She shrugged her shoulder and looked at her self in the mirror.

"You do that and I will divorce you before we even get married." She threatened. She shook her head, "He doesn't want his hair cut yet. When we get home." She smiled.

She looked at the book of toddler cuts and looked at the SUV. "His his ribs getting long isn't it?" She asked softly. "Should we? I mean we are here." She made a sad face, "First hair cut. My boy is getting big."

"No I know that. But I mean before it opens. We make decisions together. And it will be the manager that runs it but being owner they would still call for some things and if I'm not available I want you to call the shots on it. If that makes sense." He shrugged.

He made a face him a little impressed. "Wow. Here I thought you kept your hair cause I liked it." He teased. "I do like it though." He smiled. "I hope our daughters have your curly hair. But you need to teach me how to take care of it cause if you're traveling and daddy has to get them ready for school...he may have to call Aunt Amy to help." He laughed.

Jake laughed. "I wouldn't do that to you." He gave her a look. "You mean mommy isn't ready?"

He watched Adri as he kept his head straight for the guy to use the razor on his sides. "It's up to you baby. We need to do it before pictures regardless. And his birthday. I'm sure he will let you keep some to put in Owen's baby book. If you want we can get it done, take him back to the cabin and have a glass of wine to ease the pain." He smiled.

She shook her head, "You're going to hair doing our daughters' hair." She laughed. "I swear my dad threatened to shave my head like my brothers on the regular. He despised doing my hair. If you really want to learn you can practice on my hair but trust me you won't like it."

She rolled her eyes at his mommy hasn't ready comment. "I'm ready. He just gets nervous." She said softly. She groaned and went to the truck to get Owen. "We are going to get his hair cut." She said as she took him for Eileen.

She brought him into the shop and had him watch Daddy get his hair cut. "I don't need wine. I have a cup cake at the cabin." She told him. One of the other barbers was ready for Owen and had a kids booster seat for him to sit on.

"Okay buddy you have to sit still." She told him. "Just a trim. Nothing fancy like Jake. I don't think he will sit still for it but if you can go a little shorter on the sides that would be nice. The clippers might scare him though." She told the barber. "Oh and I want a fe cuts for the baby book and for my grnadmother." She stood back and tried to let him for but she was so nervous Owen would get cut. "And don't cut his ear." She said softly, remembering the story Jake told her earlier.

"Yeah I would want to know how to. If I just have to put it up or something. I need an idea of how to handle it is all." He smiled when she talked about her dad. "I can see him wanting to shave it." He chuckled and played with her hair a bit. "I think I could practice. A lot of times it just curly and down. I'm not like straightening it and all that crap. I need simple."

He gave her a look. "No you aren't...I love you baby but no you aren't." He chuckled when she went out to the truck.

His parents came in with her. "We can take pictures for you and send them to your parents. I feel bad they aren't here." Eileen told Adri.

Jake smiled at Adri. She was adorable not wanting to get it cut and being nervous for him. Jake laughed when she told him not to cut his ear. Eileen gave Jake a look, "It was your fault Jacob." Jake just chuckled.

"Why don't I hold him. It worked with baths. Maybe it will work with his hair cut." He held his arms out for Owen. "Want to get your hair cut like daddy?" The barber was fine with Jake holding him if it meant that Owen would sit pretty still for his haircut.

"Its not as easy as gathering and putting it in a ponytail. You have to brush down stray hairs. You have to find a sturdy elastic that doesn't pull hair. You have to be gentle so you don't make the curls frizzy. There is a lot that you have to do. But like I said we can practice." She smiled.

Adri picked Owen up and set him on Jake's lap. Adri stood in front of Owen so he would look straight. He wasn't a fan of having the water sprayed on his hair and moved his head away. Adri almost scooped him up and stopped it right there but Owen didn't cry so she let it continue.

He combed through Owen's hair and then started to trim it up. As cute as he would have looked with an undercut like Jake's it was a big no from Adri on using the trimmers. So it was a trim and then they styled it so his hair was pushed back. When he was done, he looked so cute with his new haircut. Adri kept kissing him while the barber collected a couple lots of hair for them to take home.

"Oh you're so cute. My handsome boy." She kept kissing Owen and he laughed. "And you were scared. Ha! I told you he would be fine." She told Jake and kissed Owen again.

Jake had no idea it was all of that but he had hope he could figure it out. "I will try my best. We should have the holders already that I know which to use verse which not to use. I will be gentle and brush it."

He kept a close eye on Adri and Owen. It seemed Adri was struggling more than their son. He smiled at her because he thought it was cute. They were having big milestones with this guy and it was awesome. This trip will definitely be remembered.

Jake laughed when they were finished and Adri made it out like Jake was scared. "Oh yeah okay. Yep. Keep telling yourself that love. It was all you..." He rolled his eyes. The barber gave Owen a Dum Dum sucker. He gave him the jar to pick one. "Ooo wow this kid is going to have a sugar rush like no other." Jake let him have one though cause he did so good.

John and Eileen took pictures of Owen by himself and even with him on Jake. They sent them to both Jake and Adri. "We ready to head back everyone? Anyone else want a haircut?"

Once everyone was ready they loaded back up in the truck and was on their way to the cabin.

Back
Top Bottom