Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

Adri smiled st how sweet that was, "I'm sure you will want to comb it. You can practice on my hair and tell me how much you will want to comb our daughter's hair." That was a good test and she would be able to show and tell him how hard to comb or brush. "We will see if you can get my hair into a ponytail."

She made a face, "you did it on purpose." She said softly. "And you knew Owen couldn't carry it." She added.

She pulled Owen's fishing road out of the plastic and set it for him. She taught him how to use it and then let him walk around with his fishing pole. She smiled when Jake got her pole ready and held it out. "Do I like whip it back and toss it?" She asked.

Jake smiled. "I could totally practice on you. Just don't hate me if it hurts. I would be new at it..." He told her.

He shook his head with a chuckle. "I did not. I didn't know you would place it in a bag babe. That's why he couldn't carry it. The bag was as big as he was." He told her.

He chuckled. "I thought you said that you've been fishing before?" He moved behind her. "Whip it back, but watch where it goes or you can get your hook caught in the grass or weeds. Hold your button here and it will let the wire fly. You want it to fly far. Once it hits the water, crank this here once or twice to get it set and then wait..." He helped the first time. "Good job baby."

"If he walked with the thing he would have dropped it and then the worms go everywhere and I'm not picking that up." She told him.

"I was like nine. Help." She pouted and smiled when he helped her out. She got it right the first time because he was helping her out. "I had a good tutor." She smiled. "Thanks Boo."

She stood there with the line out and waited and waited. She watched Owen connect the magnetic fish to his rod and she shook her head, "if only it was that easy kid." She told him and looked at Max who was staring at the water. "Don't jump in yet." She told him but he looked like he would spring off at any second."

"I know you wouldn't have done that." He smiled. "You would have left the worms on the ground."

"You're welcome." He kissed her head and cast his line out and waited. "You are going to hate the waiting part." He told her. "You may actually have to talk to me." He chuckled.

Jake looked at Max. "Max. No. Come." He hesitated but ran over to Jake. "Good boy." He then propped his pole up and put water in the bucket for their fish they catch. "Babe your dad may want to see what you catch. Your brothers too. We will have to take pictures to brag." He told her as he picked up his pole.

After about twenty minutes, Jake's bobber went under and he reeled it in. He had a pretty big bass. Jake smiled like a little kid at Christmas. "Babe...baby look."

"Damn straight." That tub would have fallen and she would have just walked away.

She groaned when he said they would have to talk to each other. "I didn't get engaged to you to talk to you. I got engaged to look at you and watch you fight. You know that. Talking was no where in your proposal." She teased.

"Can I do that?" She asked and pointed to his pole in the bucket. She wanted to do it but she feared the bucket would tip over.

After ten minutes, Adri was bored. The fish weren't biting and she was starting to think they aren't there at all. Still Jake looked like he was having fun so she kept her boredom to herself.

"You caught a fish! Wow. There are fish out there! That's cool. Now what? It's fricken huge. Oh my god." She was as excited as he was. It was pretty cool to see.

He rolled his eyes but was smiling. "Really?! And I just proposed to look at you and watch you model and get free magazines that you were in. We don't have to talk. We can just enjoy the silence and take in nature." He told her and grinned.

"You want to put water in the bucket? Sure. We just need enough that we can put the fish in so they stay fresh until we can cook them." He told her.

He made her take a picture of him with it and one with Owen, him and the fish before putting the fish in the bucket. He still was smiling like a little kid. "Of course there are fish out here babe." As he told her that her bobber started to go under water. "Babe...Babe! Reel it in!!" He told her. "Reel it in! Hurry up or it take off with your hook."

"No I want to put my rod in the bucket. This is taking forever. I want to play with Owen." She told him.

"Are they going to be alive in the bucket?" She asked. "Just waiting to die in a cramped little bucket? Can't we put them in the Yeti?" She asked. It would mean going back to camp and lugging the heavy thing down here. And that meant finding the empty or transferring food from one to the other. It was asking a lot but she felt for the fish.

When her rod bobbed she almost let it go. She reeled it in as fast as she could. She kept reeling and tugging and then pulled it out if the water and let it fly to the ground. "Ew I can't touch it nope. Sorry." She pulled the dos so it wouldn't jump back in the water. "Get it." She told Jake and kept backing away from it.

Jake let out a sigh. "Yeah...you can play with Owen." He knew that not everyone liked to fish and it could be boring so he wouldn't force her to do it if she didn't like it. She tried and he'd give her that.

"Babe I'm not putting fish in our Yeti. It will never get that smell out. Do you want drinks and food tasting and smelling like fish?" He asked her. "They are fine. We're gonna eat them later anyway."

Jake chuckled. "Okay stop moving it." He grabbed it. "Do you want a picture with it?" He made sure she was good before taking it off the hook and adding it to the bucket. "See this is fun. Right?!" He asked her. "Want me to put another worm on? I mean if you quit now you did at least earn your dinner..." He told her and smiled.

"We have another one in the RV." She laughed. "And we can buy a new one. We can write fish on it so we know that that is the Denver fishing Yeti." She told him, but if he wanted to keep this one fresh then it was up to him. It was his Yeti."

She looked at the fish and then a Jake, "Are you going to hold it while I pose with it?" She asked. She grabbed her phone and tried to take a selfie with it. She got a couple good poses but she didn't want to be around t and smell fish for too long.

"Holy S! Wait until dad sees this. I caught a fish." She smiled. "And I always earn my dinner."

"Babe..." He sighed. "I'll walk back to the shop and get a cheap cooler instead of using a Yeti..." He grumbled and shook his head. "You know we are eating these later right?" He asked.

He gave her a nod to holding it and he did that for her so she could get a few pics. "Your dad is going to be so proud. You better send it to him now." He told her and chuckled. "You always earn it huh?" He raised an eyebrow and grinned. "How's that?"

"I'll stay here fishing if you want to go with Owen to get just a cheaper cooler since you're so concerned about these fish. Unless you want to keep fishing and I'll go get it?" He asked before putting any new worms on any hook. "What's the plan love?"

"Babe..." He sighed. "I'll walk back to the shop and get a cheap cooler instead of using a Yeti..." He grumbled and shook his head. "You know we are eating these later right?" He asked.

He gave her a nod to holding it and he did that for her so she could get a few pics. "Your dad is going to be so proud. You better send it to him now." He told her and chuckled. "You always earn it huh?" He raised an eyebrow and grinned. "How's that?"

"I'll stay here fishing if you want to go with Owen to get just a cheaper cooler since you're so concerned about these fish. Unless you want to keep fishing and I'll go get it?" He asked before putting any new worms on any hook. "What's the plan love?"

"I know but we want them fresh when we cook them right? We don't want them rotting int he sun. That's just gross and it could get us sick."

She smiled and sent the pictures to her her entire family. Her brother's didn't believe that she caught it because she wasn't holding it. They all Jake caught it and she was taking the credit. "Next time we come out here they are coming with and I am shoving all of their heads in the fish bucket. Assholes." She said softly.

"I will go get them." She asked Owen if he wanted to come but he was too busy playing with his own fishing hook. "Alright. Looks like I am going alone." She smiled. She grabbed Jake's wallet and went back to the little store. She grabbed a new bucket and some ice to keep the fish on and took them back down to their fishing spot.

"They will still be alive in the bucket but we can get a cooler." He told her.

He gave her a look. "Adriana. Your son is right there. When he starts saying that I'm blaming you." He smiled. "I'll make sure to tell them you caught it. Next time I'll get a video of you reeling it in. Deal?" He asked.

Jake smiled. "I'll watch him. It's okay." He watched Owen pretending to fish. "He's a pro already. He's daddy's little fisherman. Huh O?" Owen looked at Jake with a cheesy smile and Jake chuckled.

The boys just kept fishing while Adri went to the store. When she got back, he smiled at her. "Thank you baby. Put the ice in and I'll transfer them over." He told her as he watched his line. He caught another one and reeled it in. He was on fire.

“He’s not paying attention. He’s fishing. I go through and Arsenal of curse words and he wouldn’t hear them.” She told him. “Would you like me to try?” She asked teasingly.

She put the ice in the styrofoam cooler and Owen came over to see what she was doing. He reached in to grab a piece of ice and held until he realized it was cold and dropped it. Max swooped in and ate it which made Owen laugh and he grabbed another.

“Okay O. No more ice. She picked him up and kissed his neck and put him back by his fishing toy. “I don’t think he can eat fish boo. I don’t know. I have to google that.”

Jake gave her a look. "Do it and I'm throwing you in the lake. Then I'm throwing worms on you." He warned and raised an eyebrow.

"Max is bummed you took the ice from Owen. It was how he was getting some. Max could eat Owen's portion. I know salmon is safe. If we catch any he can eat that but we probably won't. He can eat the rest of what we make and I have chicken I can grill up. I won't let him starve."

Jake waited a bit longer and caught another fish. Each one he smiled like a little kid and got a picture.

"Fffuuu-ine." She smiled. "You're a butt sometimes. Learn how to take a joke, Jake." She giggled. She would have given him a kiss of she felt sure that she wasn't going to be thrown in the water.

She picked a few ice cubes out before Jake put the fish in and put them in Max's water bowl. It must not have been the same because Max didn't run over to eat it.

She rolled her eyes jealously when he caught another fish while she was playing with Owen. "You suck." She told him. "You're killing the fishy ecosystem." She said. She sat in a chair in the sun and watched him fish. She took a few photos and sent them to Amy and her mom.

He raised his eyebrow more. "I'm a what?" He took off after Adri and picked her up over his shoulder. "What was that? You're ready to go swimming now? What?" He walked to the edge of the water and Max barked at him.

Just as she was saying he sucked, she caught another fish as well. They were catching plenty for dinner. "Alright fine, now I'll start releasing them. It had been awhile since I've been fishing so sorry, this is fun."

Owen was having fun chasing Max or playing with his magnetic fish. He walked over to Jake after a bit and leaned against his leg as Jake fished. He kept trying to take Jake's pole. "No O. Just help daddy hold it how about that?"

Amy thought the fish they caught was cool. But pictures of Owen were the best for her.

She laughed and tried to run but he caught her before she could really get away. She laughed even more, “Okay! Okay. You’re upsetting Max.” She told him. When she was back on the ground she rubbed Max’s head and gave him a kiss.

“Let him have it. Are you scared he might catch a bigger fish than you?” She teased. “Will you out a worm on my thing?” She asked and sat on the ground with Owen between her legs so they could fish together.

“Daddy is being mean and not sharing huh? That’s why I’m your favorite.” She kissed his neck and and let him hold the rod. She was expecting to catch anything but it was making Owen happy.

Jake laughed and looked at Max a minute before setting her down. "Fine. Just because of Max. Otherwise you'd be in the water." He told her.

"No Adge. I'm worried he's going to throw it in the water." He told her and gave her a look before giving her a nod. He put a worm on her hook. "There ya go. It costs you a kiss though. So you owe me two later." He smiled and gave her a playful wink.

He shook his head and sighed. "I'm not being mean. I told him we could hold it together. I just don't want him tossing it in the lake. Would you go in after it?" He asked.

After a little bit of time, Adri's bobber started to go down and then, the fish started to take off. "Babe...reel it in! Hurry before he gets away."

“Yeah I’m sure. You’d risk your chance of catching more fish by throwing me in the water.” She told him and stuck her tongue out.

“One for the worm. What’s the other one for?” She asked curiously.

“It’s your rod. You go in after it.” She shrugged her shoulder. “We don’t need you, unless we need a worm. So don’t worry about being mean. We have got this. Huh o? Nod your head.” She told him and used her finger to bob his head up and down.

She reeled in the fish and it almost got away but she pulled it out of the water and on to the dirt. Owen ran behind Jake and then came from behind his leg and tried to catch it. “He’s going to make his outfit smell like fish. Get the fish, jake.” She told him and picked up Owen.

"I'd take that risk." He teased.

He held up two fingers. "I've put two worms on your hook babe." He corrected her.

Jake shook his head. "Nope. You go in after it. You don't need me huh?" He raised his eyebrows. "Okay. Alright. I'll remember that." He told her.

He shook his head. "Nope. You get it. You said you don't need me. You only need me when you need a worm. So take it off the hook. I'll tape it. Your dad will be proud. Your brothers too." Jake pulled his phone out and motioned to the fish. "Go on."

“You’re a pain you know that?” She asked and looked at the fish. She handed the baby over to jake and looked at the fish.

“Oh this gross.” She said before even touching the fish. She held her hands out for it and closed her eyes. She got dirt on her hands but she wasn’t touching the fish. She opened one eye and reached out for the fish and this time she grabbed it. And got the fishhook out of its mouth and handed it over to jake.

She gagged a little bit and held it out as far from her body as possible. “Take the nasty thing!” She told Jake and put the fish in his camera.

"You love me. I'll make it up to you later." He grinned and winked at her.

Jake laughed the whole time Adri tried to get the fish off the hook. "This is history in the making. O watch mommy cause this will probably never happen again." He chuckled again. "You're doing good babe."

He put Owen down and grabbed the fish to put it in the cooler. "Is it bad to tell you I had gloves at the RV you could have used?" He chuckled and moved so she wouldn't hit him.

She got another worm on her hook. "We are going to have more than enough fish to eat. We will start releasing them."

They stayed awhile and kept fishing but it was getting pretty clear Owen was getting hungry and cranky for his nap. "You ready to head back?"

Adri washed her hands in the water and glared at Jake when he said they had gloves in the RV. "And for that I hate you and Owen is taking your place in the bed. You can sleep in the crib." She told him.

"Who is we? I'm not fishing anymore. I caught more than enough." She did tease him with the worm on the hook for a little bit and then set it down and tried to get the fishy smell off of her hands.

"Yeah come on. She picked up a few of the lighter items and held her hand out for Owen. He took it but when they started to walk, he started to throw a fit. Adri stopped to pick him up with one arm and then they walked back to the RV.

She didn't give him food but she did give him a bottle and he took it. He didn't want to be set in his crib so she held him until he fell asleep and then put him down.

She washed her hands again with the lemon scented soap and then went to Jake. "That was not my happy baby. And he's going to need a light lunch when he wakes up or he's going to be very angry."

He shook his head. "No...I rented that RV. I will put you in the truck before I sleep in a crib. Nice try though." He told.

Jake grabbed the cooler and chairs and carried them back to their camp site. He put the cooler down closer to the RV and out of the sun to keep them from getting too hot.

He sat outside with a powerade and relaxed a bit in the shade. When Adri came out he gave her a nod. "We can wait to eat lunch for when he gets up. Then go swimming. He's been in the sun awhile. He will be fine after he naps and gets some fuel. He's like me. He needs to refuel and then he's good." He held his handout at her. "Come here baby."

Back
Top Bottom