Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

"Fine then I'll sleep in the truck and you and Owen can have the RV. With Max. I bet I get a better nights sleep than the three of you combined."

She nodded her head, "yeah. We were on the verge of a horrible meltdown." She said softly. "When he wakes up, it's round two for the sunscreen and then I'll throw him into his swim gear. "We should have got him little floaties for him arms but he won't even really be by himself so I guess it doesn't matter."

She walked over to him and took his hand in hers, "Yes?" She asked skeptically. She knew he was about to ask for something.

Jake rolled his eyes. "One growl from the bears and you'll be running to me." He told her.

"What's for lunch?" He asked so he knew what he needed to prepare for thrm for lunch before swimming. "We should have bought one of those swim vests that's in the shirts. Know what I'm talking about?" He asked.

He pulled her into his lap and held her close snuggling a moment. "You owe me two kissed ma'am. Two." He smiled at her. "But if you want to give me more...I will not object."

She laughed, “If there is a bear growling from outside of the truck, I’m not running into the RV. I’m staying huddled in the truck and hoping he doesn’t notice me.”

She nodded her head, “Yeah we should probably get one of those when we got to get his stroller.” She told him.

She gave him a kiss on one cheek and then the other. “That’s all you’re getting because you made me touch a fish and my hands still smell fishy. I will never get the smell off of my hands.” She groaned.

She thought about lunch and shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t know. I don’t care. Is it bad that I’m not hungry?” She asked softly.

He laughed. "You'd call me cursing me out from the truck." He laughed at the thought but knew there it would never happen.

" We can get one. Do we want to do that today? We can go find one after he wakes up if you want so have it." He wrapped his arms around her.

He frowned. "It will too. In my bathroom bag there's a soap you can use." He told her. "Now kiss me."

"Yes and no. You didn't eat breakfast. I did and I could always eat." He told her. "But that's okay. We can just give him something small."

“Not really. We can do it tomorrow before we continue to Denver.” She said softly and put her head on his shoulder. “He’s fine for now. He won’t be on his own in the water. We always hold him anyways.”

She rolled her eyes, “You wait until the last minute to tell me that too.” She rubbed his face with her hand and smiled to herself. “You’re a pain in my butt.”

“It’s going to be way past lunch time. He’s going to want to eat something. And I don’t want him to be underfed today so he needs to have a decent sized lunch. Don’t we have chicken? You can grill that. I don’t think he will mind eating chicken twice.”

Jake agreed that they never leave him alone and it could wait. "Okay baby. It may be a good way to get him out of the car too."

He laughed. "I love you." He kissed her head. "Can we maybe do this every year? Maybe make it a whole family thing with Amy and Luke? It doesn't have to be a long trip maybe just a few days?" Jake realized how much he missed it. " We can always camp other places."

"I meant we could feed him and not worry about us. But I can put some chicken on the grill. If he wakes up angry though it will take a bit to cook." He told her and rubbed her side.

" We don't have to swim long if he hates it." Jake suggested. "But maybe he will like playing in the sand. Or he may try to eat the sand."

“That’s not the whole family.” She said softly. “Is every trip we take going to be a family trip?” She asked. “It’s not a bad thing. It’s not. I’m just curious how many trips we take with just us as Owen and how many trips we take with your side of the family and then my side of the family and then the entire family.”

She nodded her head. “Chicken it is then. He’ll be out for an hour at least. If you start now they should be ready before he wakes up.” She told him.

She smiled, “Yeah. He probably will end up eating some sand. But if we are both in the water he will probably have fun.”

He was a bit busted with the family thing. "Well...I want sometimes to be just Luke and Amy. Then sometimes I want just us. Where your boys go and catch dinner and come back to you. But camping was a thing my family did so it would be nice to do it with my whole family."

Jake wrapped his arms around her tighter. "No don't get up yet." He said playfully. "Are you having fun? I know this is a bit new for you and puts you out of your element."

He smiled and gave her a nod. "I'm sure he will. Maybe we can slowly break him of his fear of water. You know when he gets bigger he will be your little fish you couldn't get him out of the water." He chuckled.

"Anything we can work on for the wedding while I cook our boy his lunch?"

Again he only mentioned his family. She nodded her head. "Okay, yeah." She had a feeling it would turn into every camping trip would be a family trip with Luke and Amy.

"I've had fun, yes. It's not too bad out here. I thought there would be more bugs." She said softly. "It's nice though. I can see how people think it's relaxing."

"We have a band. We might want a DJ. I have a photographer. I need florist. I need a dress. You need a tux." She sighed and looked at her list. "We need to find a caterer. We also need save the dates and the engagement party stuff. So no. Everything we can do away is pretty much done."

"Would your mom like to camp? I'm sure your brothers would. And your dad." Jake enjoyed spending time with each family separately but also together as one huge big family. He also loved time together just them as well. "I kind of can't wait till all our kids are big enough and we can take family vacations. Ones like to Disney or the Grand Canyon. We need to take Owen to the zoo. He's at the perfect age to just love the animals. Maybe if we have time in Denver I can take both of you." He told her with a smile.

He totally agreed that it could be relaxing. "It can be yeah. It's is nice to forget about work for a few days and just focus on us and the wedding. It's a good way to refuel." Jake thought about work and her work. "Babe...you want to do your make up line...what about guys though? Will you do something that I could use? I'm not using make up." He told her.

"Who do you think is going to want me to wear their tux? You know with you being a sexy hot model, I'm going to have to wear someone big..." He told her. "Only the best to marry my queen." He told her and kissed her softly.

She shrugged her shoulder, "I honestly don't know how my mom would react to camping. She probably would put on a brave face and come though. Just for Owen." Her eyes almost spilled out of her head at the thought of the entire family going camping. That was easily close to twenty people in one area. That wouldn't go smoothly.

"We are with our family all the time. We get away to be alone and then we have to invite our family the next time. We are out here to bond. The three of us. I love Amy and Luke but we are with them everyday. I don't want to take a million vacations with them." She told him now so it wouldn't be a problem later.

She frowned at him, "Think about what you just asked. It's a beauty make up brand. You're probably not going to use it." She laughed. "You aren't going to wear make up. You probably aren't going to enjoy my line." She wasn't going to work on it out here because her next steps involved phone calls and she didn't have a steady signal out here.

"Has anyone called you about the tux? Or sent you sketches? You don't want me to be a part of that remember? You're doing that on your own, isn't that what you told me?"

He gave her a nod. "You know that Owen is eventually going to get big enough he's going to want grandma and grandpa to come camping or take him camping. I guess we could get a big backyard for that." He chuckled.

"I understand babe. I didn't mean all the time just maybe sometimes. But it's okay. You're right. This is our own family time. I'm just glad we all for the most part get along. We are pretty grateful for that." He kissed her softly.

He chuckled. "What I was getting at, was that I was hoping for like a cologne line or something...Maybe years from now that's something we can do together. A perfume and cologne line." He looked at Adri. "I really do want us to be the new empire. I think we could easily do it." He grinned at her.

"No one has that I know of. But they may be waiting to see what you decide to do. I already have an idea of what I want." Jake smiled and shook his head. "No. I'm doing this on my own. I think you'll be proud. I also think you'll want to rip the tux off." He grinned. "I'm getting excited babe."

"I wasn't really thinking of doing a perfume." She said honestly. "It's just not a lucrative business anymore. In the 2000's it was probably a great time to make a perfume but no one really wants to sell a celebrity-branded perfume anymore." She shrugged her shoulder. She could be wrong but all of the celebrity-branded perfumes from her day were sold at Ross and TJ Maxx. She was aiming for Sephora.

"I just hope that it looks nice. Something presentable for pictures. No practical jokes. No wild colors." She said and looked over at him. "Please? I will never forgive you if you are wearing a bright orange suit. I may not even finish walking down the aisle. I will turn around until you change." She warned.

It was nice to see that he was excited about the wedding though. "When we get back we need to do engagement photos and with those, we need to do save the dates and engagement party invites."

"I didn't know that. That's why I have you. To inform me where to buy the good perfume." He chuckled. "Was just a thought. You have good visions babe. I have no doubt your line will be successful."

Jake just grinned. "I wasn't even thinking any of that until you just told me." He laughed a bit. "As of right now I'm thinking just black and white. Am I allowed to have a vest under my jacket? I know you don't like vests." He asked. Jake actually had a good idea for something a bit different but still nice. "I'm going black pants more than likely. The rest is up in the air. I have to see what I look like in things. I do have ideas."

Their engagement photos could be fun. "Some outside shots are always fun. We may as well have a couple with Owen while we are getting them done. We can start with the three of us then have the sitter take him and we can finish." Jake rubbed his back. "We need the same amount of save the dates as invites right? What kind of save the date did we decide on?"

She nodded her head slowly, "I don't care. Just no bright colors." If she didn't like the suit she could always have a back up at the ready. He might not like her for having him change but he would do it to make his new wife happy. Black pants sounded good. Maybe she could have a jacket made for the reception. So they both got to change into something new.

"Owen can be a part of them yes. Just not all of them. The ones with him will probably go in the photo books we give our parents." She told him.

"Yeah. We need the same amounts. We don't have the save the dates picked out because it's going to be a picture of us with the date on the back. We can't really pick that out yet. We can pick flowers, cake flavors, invitations and everything else when we get back. We are go to be very busy when we get back so the nanny will be taking care of Owen. I would like to get most of this done before I have to get back to work."

He smiled at her and chuckled. "You do not trust me...how about I pick some thing out...then take you and let you see it on." He would like that better than having to change before the wedding. He grabbed his phone and searched. "This is what I'm thinking..." He showed her a photo.

"Baby I just want one or two with him for a family photo that's it. One to update the one on the wall." He told her. "Don't worry it's all you and me."

He gave her a nod. "That's good to get it out if the way. Then you won't have to worry. I also want to get my tattoo started." He told her. "But most of that I can do while that heals."

"It's not that I don't trust you. I am try to keep an open mind about what you could pick but we get one wedding and I want it to be perfect. Your fashion skill versus mine are not as high but you do have your moments. I am sure you will pick the right thing. You just have to think about what I would like while you're looking for your tuxes." She said softly.

"it's a good thing we hired a nanny." She added Owen to the find outfits list. "Why not have the dogs in it while we are at it?" She asked and added them into her list. She could find the girls bows and Max a bow tie. It would be cute, not what she imagined but cute. Hopefully the nanny could handle Owen and the dogs because she wasn't chasing them around while she was trying to take pictures.

"After the pictures. You can get your tattoo done, after the pictures. Please? You're getting a entire back tattoo. It's going to make you sore. You don't want a sore body while you're trying to take pictures. It does not work out. Trust me."

He looked at her. "You're totally dissing my fashion sense. I'm a bit offended. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I don't look good in it... Adri this is also my wedding and I should be able to be comfortable and wear what I want and not just what you want. It is our wedding." He wasn't saying that to be a jerk but being honest. "You didn't say what you thought of the jacket...so you hate it..."

"We can have the dogs too. I'll have Luke help with them. We can do whatever you want babe. Think of how many outfits too for us and colors so I can get something if I don't have it." He told her.

He signed. "Okay. Then maybe even call and book the pictures while we are here so as soon as we get back we can get them done. Or are you still too sore?" Jake asked and then gave her side a pat to let him up so he could get lunch started so it was ready when Owen woke up.

“The jacket is fine. But if I’m not wearing a white dress and you’re wearing a white jacket the colors clash. I don’t hate it. Don’t put words in my mouth.”

I fluke got to go Amy would want to come too. Fun. A family affair, again. “I will look through the closets when we get home. Unless you want to pick the outfits.”

She got off of his lap so he could get the chicken. She sent a picture to her photographer asking him to take the pictures and set up the date. They would have all day the Monday they got back. Which meant she needed to find outfits that Sunday after they got back. She also needed to get her hair done. She sent her make up artist a text and asked him to come and they were set.

“The date is booked. We are doing the photos Monday and I have the surprise with my brothers on Tuesday.” She told him. “Ask Luke for help with the dogs and we are set.”

Jake could tell he was getting frustrated so he let out a sigh. "You just tell me what you want me to wear...Cause I guess I can't even look until you know what you're wearing and since I can't see it it makes it kind of hard." He told her and shook his head.

"Nope you can pick it out. Just tell me when." He felt like she hated his sense of style and wondered why she even wanted to be seen in public with him.

He went into the RV quietly to get the chicken and then he started the grill. The chicken for Adri and Jake he seasoned but left Owen's plain. "Okay." He stood at the grill and looked out towards the water. Great it was day two and here they were already kind of fighting.

“Then pick your suit Jake and I can pick my gown after so that we match. Okay? Is that better? Then I have the hard part. It’s fine.” She said softly. “Just tell me the color of the suit your wearing. That’s all I need.” She out her head back on the seat and closed her eyes.

She thought the stressful part would come later. But they could even decide on what they were wearing.she rolled her eyes when he told her to pick it out. “Whatever jake.” She said softly.

She didn’t want him in white if she was going to be in invite. The color difference was noticeable in pictures. She was a high fashion model. She had a great sense of fashio. It was her job. He could throw on a T-shirt and jeans and be fine with it. She had to think of every little thing to go with the outfit. And he was throwing a fit because she pointed it out.

Maybe she would sleep in the truck tonight.

"No. You pick the dress you want and I'll figure something out. Or let you pick it out." He told her again and left it at that. He didn't say anything else about the wedding.

He felt it was like if he told her she was working out wrong and if she started an exercise wrong he'd stop her before she got too far and make her start a new one until she one right. It would probably make her not want to go to the gym with him or make her wonder if he was embarrassed to be with her at the gym.

He stayed quiet as he cooked. A quick text to Luke and he asked if he could just handle the dogs for the photos. No wonder guys let women just plan their weddings and tell them what to wear because that's what happened anyway. Maybe the sun was making them both cranky. If he hadn't put the chicken on the grill he would have maybe went and laid down with Owen.

"Were we meeting up later with that couple we met or are we staying to ourselves tonight?" He asked her.

At this point she didn't care. He would figure it out or he would walk down naked. If he wanted to pick out a suit that totally clashed with her dress then fine. The dress always came before the suit that was just how it went.

She laid in the sun and tried to relax. She wished she had some headphones so she could listen to some music but those were at home.

"They were coming over here to help us fish if we needed it. I guess now they're just coming for dinner. Maybe put the corn on the cob on the grill too. I have mashed potatoes for Owen, we can give some to their little girl." She told him. "And whatever else is in there to eat for us."

Luke texted back that he could handle the dogs if they needed it. "Luke is in for the pics." He told her.

" You want the corn for tonight or now?" He asked Adri. Max was panting heavily from the sun so Jake got him some water and patted his side. "Are you missing your sisters or are you happy for some time away?"

He sat down as the chicken cooked. "Those breasts were really thick. I may have to cut them up more to cook." His hand ran through his hair. "I'm sorry." He sighed and looked st Adri. "Sometimes it's frustrating because I feel like there's a lot of pressure to be worry of standing next to you and looking good in the process."

Adri's phone buzzed and when he looked at Amy was asking about the pictures. "And Amy is too. Should I even call the nanny?" She put her phone down and closed her eyes again.

"For tonight but the grill is on now. Might as well put them on and the. We can warm them by the fire later when we are ready to eat."

She didn't want to talk about it right now but there was no getting out of it. He was apologizing for worrying about how they would look and she was trying to make sure they looked good. They were destined for greatness.

"I just want everything to look good. I'm not picking on you. Do take it personally. I'm thinking of the pictures and how noticable it's going to look if you're in white and I'm in ivory. You don't think of things like that. That's just a fact. That's why the dress is picked first and then the suit. I'd give you the color of the dress and the suit I'd like and then you go with that. It's not completely blind and irratic." She told him.

Back
Top Bottom