Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 3) WF+GF

He looked at her confused. "Why is Amy coming? I wasn't planning on Luke being there long. I figured we'd do the full family pics first then he could take them home." He shrugged. "It's up to you about the nanny. They aren't staying the whole time."

"The corn shouldn't take long to cook. The fish and potatoes will probably take the longest. I'll just wait. It will be okay." He did grab some veggies to cook for lunch though.

Jake checked the food and gave her nod. "I understand. Oh just thought you were using your mom's dress to make yours but if you don't know then I'll wait to get some thing picked out. Did you decide on the girls dress color? That will determine the guys tie and vest color." He walked over to her and kissed her. "Still love me?"

"Because Luke told her what he is dong for us and now she is going to find a reason to be there as well." Generally, Owen was the reason and since Owen was in the pictures Amy had a reason to be there. "Then we can take those pictures quickly and then they can take them home." He probably wouldn't enjoy what she was going to say next but she had limited time and she wanted things to go well. "Or we can take our engagement photos and pick one for the save the dates and do a full family shot later. Like when I get back from work. I don't want to quickly cram it into one session. I want them all to look nice and if that takes a couple separate days then so be it." She told him.

"I can still get my mother's dress dyed if I want it a different color. I need to pick my dress before I can go out and pick their dresses. It might be red but I'm not going to tell them that and then let them go out and pick whatever dress they want as long as it is red. They can bring a back up to the reception but the ceremony dresses are mine." She told him. "Just wait we have time for suits and bridesmaids dresses."

She rubbed her forehead. She didn't know what her dress would look like. She just knew it would probably be lace since her mother's dress was mainly lace. She had no idea what her gown would look like and he was stressed about his suit because it was difficult to pick a suit. "Yes, Jake." She said softly. "Can we just not talk suits and dresses until after wedding fashion week? I know you want your suit but I need to find my dress first."

Jake was fine with doing them separate. "That's probably best babe." He gave her a nod. "That way we can just have time to do ours and then get the family ones later where if the dogs or Owen isn't cooperating it won't interfere with ours. We don't have to rush for the family ones. I just would like to sometime update them. But I felt like we should have some besides our wedding ones but doesn't really matter." He grabbed his phone. "I can just tell Luke we changed our mind on when we're doing the full family ones."

"I forget you can just dye a dress. Sorry. And that's fine. I figured the guys colors would be one of the last things we pick." He told her. "I was thinking grey or silver vests or vests to match their dresses. We can wait to figure it out." He turned the chicken.

Jake looked at her. "Okay. Deal. But You will give me a hug." He told her and blew a raspberry on her neck then her cheek. "I'm just getting excited. I don't mean to stress you out babe."

“Yeah. We can update the photo album later. That’s not what these pictures were supposed to be about anyways.” She said softly. “And tell him to tell Amy.” She reminded.

“The guys generally pick their stuff last.” She told him. “We will see later.” If the ladies were in red she didn’t really want the guys in red. She was hoping for simple suites. All black with a red rose for the pop of color but that was Jake’s area.

She pushed his head when he blew against her neck. “Stop stressing me out.” She told him and gave him his hug. “Now go finish that chicken before it buns.” She told him.

He gave her a nod. "I was just trying to plan ahead. I'm sorry. You are definitely right." He gave her a nod to tell Amy too. He sent the text to Luke but told him to be on standby for when they do get the next session set up.

"Okay. We will wait last babe." He gave her a smile to let her know he wasn't upset or anything about waiting until last. "I just didn't want to wait too long and be rushing to find the perfect tux."

He looked in her eyes and hugged her tight. "It's my job as your future husband to stress you out." He teased with a smile and gave her head a kiss before going back to the chicken. Owen could be heard moving around and Jake checked the time. "He shouldn't be ready to get up yet should he?"

She didn't expect him to be upset. That was how weddings worked. He was just supposed to accept it and move on like he was doing. She was happy he didn't throw another fit about it though. That would have gotten annoying really fast.

"The wedding planning is going to be stressful enough. Trust me. If you stress me out you're just going to have a pissed off bride and an separate bedroom to sleep in."

She frowned and looked at the RV, "No he is not supposed to be awake." She said softly and got up. She went into the RV and came back out with Owen wrapped up in his blanket. She rubbed his back and laid him across her chest until he was back to sleep.

"I don't know how much longer he is going to stay like this. Chicken almost done?"

He grinned a bit. "You're not sleeping in a different room. Nope. Not happening. I'll just follow you." He chuckled as he was just kidding.

Jake was just going to let himself fall back asleep but let Adri get him. He wondered if it was just him in a new place that made it harder to sleep.

"It is all done. I have the grill on low to keep it warm." He told her and walked over. "Want me to take him? I can take him back in and lay down with him."

"He's already asleep. If we move him now he might wake up and stay up. He just wanted to be close. I'll take him in if he starts to feel too warm." She said and stood up. She moved the chair into the shade.

"You can prep the fish or some thing right?" She asked and looked at her son. "I don't know what else to do here." She said softly and looked at him.

"You can always try fishing some more. They seemed to like you." She chuckled.

Jake watched her with Owen. "Okay. I was trying to help you from being tied town." He told her.

"Yeah. I can do that." Jake walked over and kissed her. "You won't like how I smell in a minute so I wanted my kiss now." He kissed Owen's temple. He grabbed the fish and started cleaning. He had a table cloth on the picnic table to keep it clean and he used his new knife to clean it.

He stayed quiet as he worked, but only because he was concentrating as he worked. When he was deep in thought his tongue dipped out onto the side if his lips. "Do you want yours seasoned Q?"

“I’ve got him.” She smiled and kissed his forehead. “He had bad dreams last night, I think. He might be down for a while.” She said softly.

She kissed him back and watched him clean the fish for a little bit. She took a picture of his concentrated fave. “Cute face.” She teased.

She closed her eyes and rubbed Owen’s back. She could easily take a nap. Her phone started to ring and she picked it up without looking at who was calling.

“Hello?” Her agent was on the other side with a job offer. A couple, in fact. “I would die. I would probably die.” She laughed. “Are you serious? Then yes. Okay. Yeah. Email it to me with the dates and I’ll tell Jake and we will figure it out. Thank you!”

She hung up and smiled at Jake, “One thing that would easily make me happy for the rest of my career. Can you guess what it is?” She asked. “Initials are SS.” She raised her eyebrows. “Sam Smith! He has a new album. He wants to do a music video trilogy thing and I’m one of the stars.” Owen moved around and she rubbed his back.

“I get to meet Sam Smith. I’m going to meet Sam Fricken Smith!” She laughed. “He’s sending me the dates. It’s like next month. I can’t wait. There’s other jobs too but this is Sam Smith.” She said happily.

"Why do you think he had bad dreams?" He asked her a little concerned.

Jake smiled and moved his tongue back in his mouth. "Sorry. I have done that since I was a kid. You should have seen a little version of me doing homework." He chuckled and looked at her a second.

When her phone rang he looked over at her and hoped it didn't wake Owen. He kept an eye on her and Owen during the conversation with her agent.

"The one thing that would easily make you happy the rest of your career I would hope would be me. My initials are JD though babe..." He smiled and chuckled when she said Sam Smith.

"That's awesome babe. You're lucky he's gay otherwise I may be a big jealous." He chuckled. "Is it in LA?" He asked. If it was close or something he could go with her to he would try to. Otherwise he would be on Owen duty and let her have some fun. "If I can't go with you, I may have to have a talk with Sam about with my girl. I don't want to have to beat him up." He was smiling, totally joking about having to talk to Sam or beating him up. "He must be a fan of you baby. That's awesome babe. You're getting jobs. Bring home the bacon for your boys." He joked and laughed.

“He was whining in his sleep. He kept moving around. When I touched his back he settled down. Maybe not bad dreams but they weren’t pleasant either.” She said softly. “I could be wrong.”

She laughed, “Didnyou even do homework?” She teased.

She made a face, “That’s not career. That’s personal and yes it would make me very happy.” She told him.

“Or he knows that I constantly fan girl about him and he is willing to make my dreams come true.” She smiled. “I don’t know where it is. My agent is sending the email. Oh god. It’s going to be amazing.” She gasped, “Does this mean I get to invite him to the wedding? I will
Meet him and love him and then he gets an invite. Sam smith is coming to my wedding.” She smiled.

"I had bad dreams as a kid. Maybe he has them too." Jake felt bad cause bad dreams weren't something he could protect Owen from. "I don't think there is much we can do for him except be there when he has one and it seemed like his mommy was on top of that." He smiled at her.

He gave her a look. "Yes. I did. I had to work hard too in some classes. I was good in math and history though."

"Nice save Adge." He teased and smiled.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Oh my gosh. I think you are more excited about Sam Smith being at our wedding than me being at our wedding." He said with a laugh. "Yeah we definitely are going to have to have a talk." He teased. "Oh will meet him and love him? You don't already love him?" He teased with a smile.

"If you get to invite him I get to invite Anna Kendrick...but I need to meet her first some how." He thought of ways to meet her. "Maybe I can call Ellen and have her be on the show when we are on it." Jake put the fish in a container so he could just take them out and put them on the grill when they were ready to start cooking. He looked at the door of the RV and his hands and then Adri. "Shit." He grabbed some paper towels from the table and used them to open the door to wash up really good. He used the soap to get the fish smell off his hands.

Jake came back out and sat in a chair next to Adri and watched Owen a minute with a smile. "Just think babe, before too long he will be too big for your lap."

“I was good at English and history. So our kids will lack in science but be good at eve thing else.” She laughed. “Hopefully our nanny is good at science.” She said softly.

“I do. I love him already but when I meet him I will love him even more.” She stuck her tongue out at him and winked. She rolled her eyes, “If you meet her you can invite her. I didn’t have to pull any strings to meet him. He came to me.” She smiled.

“No he won’t. He will always be the perfect size for my lap.” She rubbed his hair and kissed his head.

Jake shook his head. "I was awful at science. Amy was good at it so worse case we make their aunt tutor them. Or we make the nanny be good in science or we don't hire them." He shrugged. "Speaking of hiring babe. We need to hire our assistants when we get back."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh whatever. You know what maybe Anna Kendrick wants to come to me but she doesn't want to look like a crazy person and she doesn't want to get punched by you. She probably saw your mean right hook." He smiled.

"Mmmhmm right. I want to see him when he's my side try to sit on your lap. I want to see it." He smiled and took a picture of Adri and Owen.

"I'm ready to go swimming." He said in a playful whine. "We always have to work around his nap times. What about my nap times." He smiled and just relaxed and enjoyed the nice weather. "Where did you put our rash guards at babe?"

"Hopefully the nanny we have is good at science. I am hoping she will be around for a long while." She smiled.

She rolled her eyes. "If you meet feel free to invite her." She told him. "If you run away with her, I will marry Sam." She threatened. "Or Nick. Oh that will get every one talking!" She laughed. "Could you imagine?"

She made a face, "when he is your size I will hold him just like this if he needs me too." She stuck her tongue out at him and rubbed Owen's back.

"Rash guards are in O's suitcase. You can go test the water out if you want. See how cold it is and how much Owen is going to scream when we go into the water."

"We should make it a requirement then. Our children will ace all their science classes." He told her. "I was good at health and anatomy though." He grinned proudly.

Jake shook his head. "No I can't imagine because you aren't marrying either of them. Plus you play for the wrong team with Sam babe. Nick may be happy if I run off with Anna."

He chuckled. "Okay. He would crush your little legs. I am not trying to be mean but you are tiny babe." He stuck his tongue back out at her.

"Mine too?" He shook his head. "I'm not going by myself. What fun is it to swim by yourself?" He shook his head. "I can wait." He closed his eyes. "I need a hammock. If I get one for home would you sit with me in it?"

"That's not fair. If we didn't ace all of our tests our kids shouldn't have too. I'd be happy if they got B's. C's maybe, only if they were passing their other classes." She said thoughtfully.

She knew it was a log shot with Sam but Nick would be easy. So it's settled. If you run off with Anna I will run off with Nick. That's your only warning." She smiled.

"Maybe he won't be as big as you though. Layla isn't that tall. He could take after his mother."

"Yes. Both are in there. I thought of his and the remembered I washed yours and pushed it into his suitcase." She rolled her eyes, "All you had to do was dip your toe in to see how cold it was." She told him.

"Maybe. If it was sturdy and if we didn't end up on the ground. That does sound pleasantly relaxing."

He shook his head. "I'm not making it a requirement for them I'm just saying they probably will. With a tutor in our nanny they probably will. No help to us. That will be the subjects they shine on probably knowing our luck." He teased.

"You have it all figured out huh? If you run off with either of them, I get to run off with Anna. Your only warning." He pointed at her and gave her a look. "I get to beat them up too."

He shrugged. "Maybe not. But he still would be a big dude. Again you are tiny baby. I'm just looking out for you."

"Baby you go put your toes in the water. Oh wait...that was more for you than him." Jake smiled. "I know you. It will be a bit cold. Him having his rash guard on will help though."

Jake rolled his eyes. "Do you not trust me? We could hang it up around the posts. I'm so getting one. If we get somewhere on the trip, I may get one before we get home." He shared. "They are very comfortable. Then if you kick me out of the RV I'll sleep in that."

She rolled her eyes, “Let’s just agree no running off with one of our guests.” She laughed. “And you won’t beat anyone up.”

She frowned, “I am not tiny. I am just smaller than you. There is a differences. I am tall.” She told him. “Taller than you when I’m in heels.” She teased.

She frowned, “It was not for me. It was for him.” She told him. “He gets cold easily. He’s a little baby.” She said in a baby voice. “Go check and see. Maybe he needs to put two rash guards on for extra warmth.”

She thought about trusting him, “It’s not that. I just want it to be a structurally sound hammock before I get into it.”

"Okay...agreed." He smiled. "Plus I'm running off with you after the wedding. For sure." He kissed her temple.

He gave her a look. "I don't mean height wise. You are sitting down so your height is irrelevant. I mean weight wise. You are tiny. You will be tiny to our son. Period." He gave her a dirty look. "You in heels is cheating by the way."

Jake got up and sighed. "You are lucky I love you both. I'm taking the Max with me. I'll just walk down and check it. I swear you're trying to get rid of me for some reason. You have Nick coming over?" He teased.

"Why cause you don't want to fall two feet onto your butt?" He leaned over and kissed her slow and deeply. "I'll be back in a minute." He headed down to the lake to check the temperature.

"Don't be mad because I'm taller than you. She stuck her tongue out at him. "Shorty." She added with a giggle.

She nodded her head, "I hid him in a suitcase. I have to let him out to stretch his legs and eat. So go!" She teased back.

"We have a dog that weighs as much as a human and two other dogs that will be north pounds combined and a baby who weighs as much as those two dogs. That's a lot on a hammock and you know they will all want to be on it. If we are on it, they will want to be on it. So we need an industrial strength hammock." She told him. "I would love one. The backyard is big enough and peaceful enough for one but I don't want to see Owen or the dogs get hurt on it."

"Thank you." She smiled and kissed him back.

Owen continued to sleep on her chest and she tried to get out of the lounger to set him in the RV but everytime she moved, he moved so she was stuck. "Cold?" She asked when he got back. "Will you take him? I have to pee."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not mad. I don't care. I'm stronger and hotter than you." He teased. "Wimp." He flexed. "Can you do that? Hmm?" Jake stuck his tongue back out at her.

"He would probably fit. Talk about shorty." He teased. "You are so rude, trying to get rid of me."

Jake rolled his eyes but knew she was right. "But...if we get on it when he's napping, we trap the dogs inside. You and me time in the hammock. We can do it. And you just don't give in to them babe. You make them lay down beside the hammock. You can't be a pushover Adri." He teased. He kissed her temple.

He stepped into his ankles before walking back out. Max ran in a bit farther and Jake laughed. "Max come on buddy. We will come back with O and then you can splash around." He walked back to the RV. "Yes babe. It's pretty chilly. It's nice and warm in the sun so the cooler water shouldn't be too bad. Max wants to go swim and play though so maybe he will be distracted by watching Max run around." Jake took Owen and Owen wrapped his arms around his neck and snuggled up to Jake. He rubbed his back and sat in the lawn chair. Jake snuggled up to him loving little cuddles like that. He will get bigger and not want to snuggle with dad as much anymore and he didn't want those days to come anytime soon.

She put her arm up and flexed. It wasn’t as big as his but there was a little mound there. “Don’t laugh at me you Stick.” She teased. Taking Owen’s new word and using it against Jake. “I still we should ask him what Bisping is. It would be funny.” She shrugged her shoulders and watched him walk off.

“I’m not a push over.” She said to herself and looked at Owen. She didn’t give in to everything he wanted. Just most things. He was her first kid. She was allowed to spoil him. Especially when he was little and wouldn’t remember it.

Adri went to the bathroom and then came back out and sat next to Jake. “That’s why we need girls. A girl will cuddle you whenever you want.” She told him. “And she’ll hold you and love you and call you Daddy when she wants something and she’ll be adorable. And she’ll have you wrapped around her finger.” She smiled. “The second She is born I swear you are going to be the push over. You are going to give her everything she demands and fries for. Just wait and see.”

Adri smiled at her boys and got up to take a few pictures of them and the area. Owen woke up about an hour and a half later. She was willing to take him to get his diaper changed and into his swim gear but if Jake wanted too she didn’t take him. While Owen ate, she grabbed a big blanket and a few towels for them.

“Ready?” She asked. “Oh wait. We have to wait thirty minutes or he will throw up.” She poured and sat down. “Can you find a stick buddy?” She Owen and he started to walk around to look for a stick.

Jake watched her. "Stick huh..." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Babe...we can't. It will start an online uproar. I just know it."

"Yes you are." He argued. Jake was a bit with Owen and the dogs too. He wanted them all happy so he gave in at times. It happened, oh well they weren't that spoiled. He did still tell them all no at times.

He shook his head but was smiling. Jake knew she was absolutely right. He would be done for with a daughter. That girl would be his kryptonite. "And why do you want girls if they get their way with me? You may not be my number one girl anymore." He teased and gave her a wink.

After he woke up and they ate, Jake changed into his trunks and rash guard. He went out of the RV and watched Owen look for a stick. "Baby we can probably go. I think that rule is for us older people who try to do laps and may get a cramp or something. He will be fine unless we're throwing him back and forth in the air." He put his sunglasses on. "Plus it may take him a half hour to get in the water. Let's let him down when we get there and see what he does." He suggested.

Back
Top Bottom