Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seedling ((EDDE))

Yusuke plopped onto the pillows far too roughly. A heavy noise of discomfort hit him as he missed them in enough places that the belly flop he'd attempted didn't turn out nearly as enjoyable. Still, he wormed his way closer and plopped his head in Kurama's lap. Whether it was simply a reaction he was so used to taking it was like second nature or not was left up to question. But after pulled himself close and nuzzled into his belly with a silly noise and gruff arms surrounding him he was quick to sit back up with a bit of heat on his face.

The heat came from Yukina's adoring giggle as she watched the action. She smiled at them as Yusuke's st a 've changed and supportive hands landed and coiled against his fox; one in his hand, the other on his shoulder. "I will be as quick as I possibly can," she mentioned warmly. She was aware of his particular distaste when it came to her abilities. Not with them in general, but the stresses they might put on him. After all, they'd now shared residence together for years. There had been a number of occasions where this offer was given and rejected. And he'd explained himself before as we. Her own stubborness in a need to help her friends had gotten her this explanation on more than one occasion.

With her offer her eyes were quick to close. And she gathered her energy to pool it's influence and her particular probing a ilities over him. Yusuke's grasp tightened a little more in his support.

Kurama scoffed at the display, but he couldn't stop a smile. His husband may have become a man years ago, but he still acted like that fifteen year old teen he'd fallen in love with. His actions still allowed the fox a reprieve from his own constantly moving mind, and it soothed him into complacency. Shuichi laced their finger's together in a show of affection, but didn't lean into the touches like a frightened child at a doctor's office. He was displeased, not frightened; but the tighter grip was appreciated.

Cool energy filled his body, and from the base of his spine and up to the tips of his ears ran a shiver so strong it even had his hair sticking on end. A full body preen was her reward, and the fox had to swallow again as the nausea he thought he'd avoided for the night came rushing back to him. His face turned a light shade of green, but he managed to force down the bile and keep his lunch. Kurama released a puff of air from his nose, but otherwise his expression gave away nothing of his discomfort.

He idly wondered why Kuwabara enjoyed this so much. He'd explained it as warm and comforting, but all he felt was ice in his veins and traveling through his body. The seeds in his hair sprouted as if to fight away the intruding energy, and the fox had to make a conscious effort to keep them at bay.

A sharp preen curled his fingers, and a grunt left pulled lips the moment her energy settled in his tender belly. It felt as if something deep inside of him was fighting away the cold, as if it too found it to be intrusive. He didn't understand it, but he knew it was painful. "Must you linger?" He hissed, not in anger, but in a slowly building discomfort.

She pulled her influence away just as he said as much. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to be sure," she offered softly. Her stance grew more relaxed and Yusuke took that cue to sit behind his husband and wrap him in a full body Yusuke blanket. His chin rested on Kurama's shoulder while his eyes remained for used on the woman.

"I don't see this as a need to worry," she continued with a softer smile as she watched Yusuke coddle the fox. Although she hesitated for a moment. Not because she didn't want to share for her own sake, but because she realized that despite what she felt she knew the redhead's position on the children of the temple already. She wanted to be delicate, but she wasn't sure how. After all this was difinitive. And there didn't seem to be a way to put it as lightly as she'd like. Still, she tried. "The biggest worry I have is the vitamin deficiency you are suffering." She could only speak for herself after all. And she was very good at keeping her discomfort out of her features.

A sigh of relief was released as her influence pulled away, but he was still left shivering. He soaked in the offered body warmth of his lover, and in only moments he began to feel better again. The fox hummed softly and leaned into the hold, accepting and adoring the display of affection despite his usual distaste in public displays. Yukina wasn't exactly 'common folk.' Though he balked, insulted by the accusation. "Forgive me Yukina, but that cannot be all. I am very cautious of my eating habits, even moreso as of late. What would cause such a symptom?"

"Ah... yes well..." Keeping her discomfort from her features wasnt nearly as easy anymore. Considering her attempt to lead in to this had been kust as offenseive. "That may be true..." pretty crimson eyes shifted away quickly. It wasnt an action she often felt the need to take. "If there were only one of you..." Then again, it was understandable.

Yusuke effectively tugged Kurama back a little further in sitting up straight and tilting his head through an utter confusion he couldn't help but fall into. "Only one of you? What the Hell is that supposed to mean?"

Forested eyes were scrutinizing as the fell on crimson. Yukina was not one to fidget or look away. In fact she rarely seemed nervous at all; and yet she was stammering over her own words and couldn't look him in the eye. "Only one...?" His words came in time with Yusuke's but his expression was one of contemplation, then his eyes lit up in understanding. "Of course!" The answer was not a pleasant one, but it was an answer, and one that made perfect sense. "The nausea, bloating, abdominal pain. It makes quite a bit of sense really." Still he tried to hide a cringe. "I must have been infested with some sort of parasite." The thought made his skin crawl, but he remained calm nevertheless. "With as mild as the symptoms are, it must be something from the human world. A tapeworm, perhaps. The cure is simple enough, but I would prefer it if we were to keep this ailment between the three of us."

Shuichi cursed himself for not finding the answer on his own, but at least now he knew how to take care of it. "Thank you, Yukina. I know how to be rid of it," he stated, already beginning to stand.

"Oh, Kurama!" She'd been so taken aback by his initial response that she'd been lost in it for a moment. At first she'd thought he did understand and was a little relieved. But the continuance had shocked her. And while it wasn't like her, the moment Yusuke unveiled and Kurama stood to move she launched herself forward and grabbed his arm. This time however, worried crimson eyes didn't shift away. She wanted to be more direct but she could only shake her head as she looked at him and manage, "That isn't what I meant at all."

Yusuke would have been just as happy with that answer. He didnt know a whole lot about illnesses and such as it was. And he sure as Hell wasn't an expert on parasites. What stopped him was Yukina's sudden advance. And even though he had every bit of opposite knowledge to the fact, he couldn't stop his own reaction. It was rare. But when he wasn't prepared for a sudden surge of possessiveness there was no controlling himself. His arms coiled around the other arm and he landed a bubbly look on the girl. The thought that hit him, of a want to ask her what the Hell she thought she was doing was the only part of it he was able to hold back. And desire how utterly ridiculous he felt he wasn't able to back himself down from the possible hold and pouty look.

He managed more intelligent words though. "So say what you mean then. What the hecl are you talking about?" It had to be cause it was such a surprise right? He'd never thought he'd ever feel the need to be possesive when it came to Yukina. So it made sense that was why, didn't it?.... Why was he focusing on that all of a sudden?! His cheeks flushed and the pout turned away from the both of them quickly.

"Hm?" He jumped when he was first grabbed by Yukina, then by Yusuke. He suddenly felt like the rope in an mismatched game of tug-of-war. The ice maiden's sudden action was confusing enough, she wasn't one to cling. At least not to him. But her words were even more so. "Yes, please explain yourself." The smooth words were demanding and just a little irritated. He was used to Yusuke hanging on him like a lost puppy, and he was used to the jealous nature of his lover, but to feel that way towards the asexual and very much spoken for ice maiden was pushing it. Just a little.

The fox was just about to tug himself free when a familiar, gravely voice hit his ears. "Yukina my love! Where are you?" It was only a matter of time before Kuwabara breached the door to the dojo. His spirit awareness hadn't lessened in the slightest over the years. If anything, he'd honed it even with the distraction of everyday life. Kurama tried to free himself before hand, but the door flew open wide and the lovable oaf stood there with a bouquet of flowers and a cheesy grin on his face. "I brought you some... Hey!" The sweet face became that of familiar pissery as the scene was taken in. Kuwabara stomped over to the three demon's with a finger pointed angrily at the fox being clung to by his beloved Yukina. "What's goin' on here Kurama?"

Shuichi tugged himself free of both demons, and corrected his clothing with a few quick pats of his hands. "I am not sure. Yukina has yet to explain."

"Don't you blame her. Just cause you're the smart one don't think I won't knock your block off!"

Yusuke flared all over again.. after falling in his face as he lost the supportive arm while staring at Kuwabara. Not his energy, his nature. He popped up quickly enough to force Kuwabara to take a two step retreat and placed himself between kurama and the large idiotbefore he had a chance to even catch up with himself. "Shut yer damn mouth. It aint even what it looks like." Although, despite saying as much he seemed to fall into a stance that screamed at the ready to brawl out his own annoyance. "And anyway if anyone should be pissed off its me!"

"Uhm..." Yukina tilted her head and offered I'm that small voice.of hers that never seemed to get between hot heads. "If it isn't what it looks like shouldn't no one be angry?" And, despite saying as much herself, she already knew it wasn't much use so instead she turned to Kurama again.

"I apologize. I didn't mean to seem so forward..." But to say he had the perfect cure for such a parasite had sent panic through her suddenly. Her demeanor relaxed again although the smile she had to offer him was just a tad off. "Surely you understood me, Kurama?" It wasnt too difficult a concept and the fox was incredibly intelligent. "It isn't such an uncommon predicament. This sort.of thing does happen." A bit of a blush touched her cheeks as she looked away with an innocent pucker of her lips that she hid behind sleeved hand. "You two can be quite, um... lively after all."

"Why you..." The flowers were dropped and Kuwabara tackled Yusuke in their usual brawl. Neither used any spirit energy, but they bounced back and forth between who was doing the pummeling and grappling. The exchanged insults that Kurama would find amusing and even endearing under certain circumstances, but at the moment it all seemed bothersome.

"No, I do not understand. What could you possibly mean by 'if there were only one of you,' if not a parasite?" He watched her blush and hide behind a sleeve, and suddenly he understood. Yukina was given a flat expression with a unamused narrowing of his eyes. "What ever story Lilly has conned you into lost its charm a long time ago. In fact, I never found it amusing to begin with. I suggest you strike it from your memory." Getting Yusuke into bed to be 'lively' would have been a much better use of his time. He didn't need this 'sister' talk from Yukina as well as Yusuke's favorite brat.

"Lilly?" Her head tilted in a curious but thoughtful way. Yusuke and Kuwabara we wrestling but it wasn't something that couldn't be ignored for the most part anymore, so long as they didn't come their way. So her attention fell directly on Kurama as she returned the flat look with a soft one. "I assure you Lilly has put nothing into my head, Kurama." It was said sweetly, but evenly. And a smile touched her lips as she added "Although judging my what you've said I can't help but be glad that our lessons seem to be making some difference at least. It seems she can decipher some things she sees now."

But she returned to the conversation at hand. "I'd like to appologize again. I was compelled to treat this delicately knowing your position. I see that hasn't turned out well at all. So i will tell you what I'm saying difinitively." She had no doubt he understood by now, but it was a difinitive thing. And it needed to be cemented. "You are pregnant Kurama."

He hadn't been paying a huge amount of attention to the conversation they'd been having. Those last words struck him however. Strong enough that he froze completely to look over at them. The sudden change gave Kuwabara an opportunity he didn't realize until too late. The jaw shot he landed was unguarded enough to actually gain a little swelling.

"Oh hey sorry man. I didn't know you were so fragile." The teasing chuckle was cut off by the temple.master.

"Shut the Hell up." The look he landed on the ginger was just a little off from his normal angry pout as he rubbed at the punch a bit. It was actually a pretty Damn good one. He was surprised, and might make more mention of it if that others thing weren't distracting him. "Do you get stupider with age? Don't tell me you're turning senile already." He pointed at the two seated together. "Or didn't you just hear that your girlfriend just told my husband he's pregnant?"

A tick came to his features, his eyes shutting and an eyebrow twitching. He had to remind himself to stay calm; because he was sure Yukina meant no offense. That didn't mean he wasn't absolutely sick of this baby talk enough to want to simply put the offenders in their place. The only 'children' he was capable of cultivating were botanical. Though, he was becoming willing to show just how alive they could be. And just how well they fed from his angered energy. A hiss came from behind his head, and once more the fox had to keep his plants in check. "I am in no mood for games, Yukina."

Kuwabara looked over when the two seated demon's were brought up. "Huh? Oh uh... Yukina, baby," he swooned, sliding right passed Yusuke to touch a warm, comforting hand on her shoulder. "Kurama can't be pregnant, he's a guy, and a real manly one too!" The last bit was added for the benefit of any angry fox. Kurama's sensitivity over that particular subject was well known by know.

The fox made to stand again, and this time he was willing to shake off any attempts to keep him down. Despite her looks Yukina wasn't fragile, but Kurama wasn't exactly a push over either, and he was willing to yank his arm free of another hold. "Kuwabara is correct. Your conclusion is an impossible one. Now if you'll excuse me, I have something to take care of." His words were crueler than he'd meant them to be, but he didn't stop to apologize.

"Hey! That's no reason to be mean to my love!" The human snapped, but he returned to a kind, loving expression as he looked back at the ice maiden. "Don't worry about him baby, he's just a surly old fox," he whispered.

"I heard that, Kuwabara."

"Djeee! Eh, heh heh eeeh..." The ginger scratched the back of his head and looked away in a failed attempt to look innocent.

"This sounds familiar. Didja know men can't be pretty either?" The shot at his friend was almost under his breath, but heard. And it was perfectly cheeky. But his attention turned right back to Kurama.

The woman blinked a bit at Kuwabara before giggling lightly. How wrong he was. She was beginning to see an adorable face in his innosence he was so sure was always hers. She leaned forward and offered a peck to his nose purely for the silly reaction it tended to get her before her eyes landed on Kurama.

No, she wasn't as fragile as she seemed. And she also wasnt as airheadedly innocent as she used to be either. As she looked at Kurama, her words weren't necissarily pointed at him. "I would hope you woudn't do anything too rash. I would hate to see the consequence if you were to hurt or kill the baby you and Yusuke have created together." It was incredibly bold. And she realized it could have a rather severe consoquence if she continued to push like this. But the life of their unborn child was at stake. And Yukina had a deep love and reverence for all life.

Those words, despite how disbelieving Yusuke had been a moment ago himself, had a former detective hanging on his arm again. Although it wasn't for support this time. Strong arms slipped and coiled around Kurama's to show his want to be close in keeping him company as he left. After all, he'd promised to warm him up. The worry that etched into his face as he did his damndest to keep it away was peeked up from the corner of his eye, chin tilted away in an attempt not to stare at him directly that he was failing miserably. However, he did manage not to ask on it while they were in front of those two... for now at least.

Kuwabara fell into a fit of giggles the moment lips touched his nose. Any sort of affection from her was taken in this way; turning him into a bubbly idiot over even the lightest of touches. It had him missing the look Kurama settled on the woman, otherwise he'd be back on his feet and ready to fight all over again. It radiated a hate that sit far too perfectly on usually such smooth features. Not even the children managed to pull such an expression from him... Well, there were a few times in the past few years; but, that didn't make it any less frightening. Even to the ice maiden who knew so little fear. If nothing else, it was sure to make her uncomfortable. Perhaps even send an icy chill down her spine. "If, by some horrible and impossible chance you are correct," he started. "Then that is even more of a reason to be rid of this parasite as quickly as possible." If she were going to use her love of all living creatures to try and convince him to keep a tape worm, then he could remind her of how easily the fox was willing to take it away; and the cruelty in his tone pointed strongly towards that.

Even with Yusuke clinging to his arm, Shuichi made his exit swift. He did not want to give her anymore of a chance to frighten his husband. The man was as gullible as they come. With such a shot at his love of children, the temple master was sure to have an unpleasant 'revelation;' and he did not want to hear it...

damn it.

The realization on what he had just done slowed his steps from a determined stride to a casual stroll towards the temple gate. His fury towards Yukina had only cemented her manipulation. Several thoughts of horrible poisoning raced through his mind before it settled on what was important. Yusuke. His own words must have crushed the child loving temple master's heart. Shuichi stopped and took a breath to calm himself, and in the process chose the perfect poison to slip the little ice maiden who didn't know her place, then stopped walking. "Yusuke," he sighed softly, looking down at his lover with a sympathetic expression. "Trust in me," he pleaded. "There is no baby, only something causing me pain."

Yukina did shrink a bit as she was glared at so sharply. But it wasn't a large response. Honestly, she'd been willing to take something worse in physical form the moment she'd said that. This had been something she'd witnessed before after all. And she could tell how utterly devastated he'd become about this subject. Such rage was a predictable outcome in that circumstance.

What made her face fall stronger however, was the wide eyed stare Yusuke landed on him before it returned mostly to what it had been previously. And while it looked the same, she couldn't help but feel, given Yusuke's personality, that it held a lot more than worry. She couldn't completely fathom what it was though... It still made her feel bad. Crimson eyes under furrowed brows lowered to her lap as they left the room. She was sure she had fault in this with her behavior.

Yusuke was quiet as they walked, and stopped in his tracks the moment Kurama did. He watched him take that breath. Honestly, with how things had just gone he expected to be snapped at too. Not because he expected it out of his normally cool and collected mate. But because he soundly believe he couldn't possibly get over something like what had just happened so quickly; and he wasn't about to place that expectation on Kurama's shoulders. As usual the redhead surprised him with how well he could collect himself. It really shouldn't surprise him anymore given their many years together. But he was always willing to take more from the fox if it came. Because it was so rare that it did, but not necessarily a bad thing. Especially when he needed to get something off his chest amd was actually able to. That tended to lead to things getting better in most cases.

The sympathetic look calmed his own features. Although that calmness in them showed off the worry in them all the better. And it only churned more worry into a newly heavy heart as he explained that this thing was hurting him. It was. He'd witnessed as much already. "Right. I understand. There's no baby." The response was gentle and he offered the best smile he could muster at the moment. It was so hard to catch up to everything that had just happened. This might have been due to where he kept landing as he attempted to.work through it. His husband's words to Yukina about getting rid of it, the last of them that was, were weighing on him even more than the rest of it. Because even if there was no baby hed still....

"Hey..." He kind of didn't want to ask what he was about to. The pain the thought brought through him was blatant despite his attempt to hide it. There wasn't a baby but... "Did you really mean what you said back there?" It shown in his voice as well as his features. "I mean, I know you hate kids and all but..." He couldn't ask him if it'd really be that bad to have a child with him. He was a little scared of the answer really. After learning of his hatred for children Yusuke had always harbored a guilt somewhere over forcing them on him. He couldn't rekindle that now by asking; not that he realized he might have inadvertently tossed the question in the air just by starting. He wasn't looking for an answer anymore though. He shouldn't have said anything. So he was quick to go on.

"Anyway..." He turned back toward the temple and looked it over. "I'll just see you when you get back," he excused lightly. And the only reason he could think to walk away so easily was because he didn't believe there was one either... And he didn't want to push a guilt trip on his husband over something that couldn't happen anyway. No matter how much it hurt to hear. But despite all that he still couldn't...

"Good," he replied with another quiet, and now relieved sigh. He could see that this was still bothering his husband, but at least he was trying. The smile was returned and he was just about to lean in and capture his husband's lips in a soft, comforting kiss. They would work through Yukina's poisonous words together, one way or another. The fox bite back a snarl as the man decided to push. Had they not just gone over this? Why question an impossible hypothetical? Especially when it was very clear that every other time anyone accused him of being pregnant it did not end well. In fact it was becoming infuriating.

He couldn't stop another snap. "Would you have me carry an unwanted child, just to please you?" His words were dark and snarled, and Kurama cursed himself a second time. He was only making it worse! Don't encourage his hypotheticals by responding to them.

Another breath, another gritting of teeth, then the fox relaxed again. Just in time to watch his lover walking away. "You won't join me?" He felt a little cold without Yusuke coddling his arm. Damn that woman, and damn himself for agreeing to see her. He would have come up with 'parasite' on his own eventually, and he would have done so without this side effect.

The words stopped him, but they produced something heavier. "Heh."

He didnt turn back around. "That sounds just like me doesn't it? I'm pretty selfish, huh?" The shared thought wasn't a first for him. But it was the first time he'd found words to share it. It was probably one of very few reasons he hadn't left the temple much at all aside from side trips in training Karasori. The stress he'd realized he'd put on Kurama by bringing home strays had been enough to stop him. Because he'd been pretty sure that if he did he wouldn't be able to stop himself from bringing home another one if he saw a child in need. Avoiding the situation all together really had been the only real option there.

"Listen," he added lightly as he swallowed back a break in his voice. "I get that there's no way." A small sigh was breathed in and let out a bit shakily. It wasn't self pity, but he could understand ifit were seen that way. He just couldn't... "I dont wanna be selfish," he added quietly. "And I don't get why, but i just can't watch you deal with it." Which seemed selfish in itself. Bit with what Lilly, and now Yukina was saying... "But I still want you to do whatever you feel like you need to. I can't even guess what all this is like for you right now. Hell, I can barely wrap my mind around any of it. It's way too complex for me." He attempted a soft chuckle to point at his usually obvious lack, but it just came out flat.

"So I'll see you back there, yeah? I think I'd be more help with dinner or something anyway." Although he didn't make the move to keep going. He didnt want to walk away from him... But he couldn't watch that even if he didn't have the words to explain why. He'd go if kurama continued on though. And honestly he expected him to. He'd meant what he'd said.

"At times," he answered with a cool tone. Yusuke was often selfish and unthinking... But more often than not his heart was in the right place. Someone who takes in orphans out of the goodness of their heart couldn't be called wholly selfish, but the thoughts behind such acts were childish and stubborn. Yusuke was so self absorbed that he'd taken ages to figure out his husband wanted nothing to do with those children, and now he was so attached to Cooryn that the man was going to allow her to literally starve just because he couldn't let go. "But I am as well." He was the husband willing to send those kids away, and he was the one who cared little for their happiness or safety. They were both selfish creatures.

A frown pulled his lips and he felt his shoulders hunch, he was just about to turn back to the forest to be on his way when a thought came to him. "I am going to gather herbs, but I have no intention of ingesting them until later," he pointed out hopefully. "If I promise to only do so out of sight, will you still join me?" The emerald eyes that had fallen on Yusuke turned away, and an uncomfortable sound left his lips. "I do not feel well."

His head tilted. Je'd been thinking Kurama would just head out and eat something. But the more he thought about it the more he remembered small conversations about not just gathering, but extracting what was needed from them.

He huffed a warm sigh and was quick to dig his fists into his eyes just to be sure. Well, he was sure that he hadn't been crying. But the tightness that had filled his chest had tricked him on more than one occasion. But no. His eyes were dry and he turned to the redhead with a wry smile. "Hopeless," he teased lightly. A gentle attempt to lighten the mood that came out just as mildly as he'd been aiming for.

In fact, he was feeling a little selfish at the moment. The want to be alone with his thoughts had been forefront in his mind. But there was no way he could deny the soft request. Certainly not when it accompanied attention pointed toward his ailment all over again. A thought struck his mind that he was quick to scrub away through a ruffling of his hair. But it brought up a point he hadn't thought of previously. And it brought a deeper worry into him over his fox.

Stepping forward, he held out his hand in offering and landed a light smile on his husband. "I guess if you want it that much," he added warmly.

But... how much was too much? It wasn't like he knew anything about pregnancy. He wasn't even sure if he'd ever really gotten close enough to someone who was pregnant to learn a damn thing. So... Even if he were pregnant, it wasn't like Yusuke would know if it would become increasingly dangerous for him. And there was no way he could argue against something like that. No way.

He noticed the heavy look he had on his face and was quick to slap on that silly smile of his. "Wanna ride~" he added cheekily.

The light tease was all it took to pull the frown from his lips. "Yes, perhaps you are right; but my hopelessness is your fault. I was never so dependent on a single being before falling for you." It was true, but it was said with his usual playfulness. The offered hand was taken, and the fox laced their fingers together in a gagging display of childish affection. Selfish or selfless, he loved this man. "Forgive my cruelty, Yusuke. You have a large heart, and I do love that about you."

Shuichi's laughter left the redhead's lips when he was offered a ride. He had to admit, it was tempting. "Perhaps on the way back. I have been far too lazy today, and I would like to stretch my legs a little more first."

With a much lighter air, the fox and his lover stepped through the open gate and veered off to the right of the stairs. His deadly garden was a fair distance away from the temple. He didn't want to risk any of the strays finding their way into it. If Rin and Tory had tried to dig up anything there then they wouldn't have escaped unscathed. If at all.

Unconsciously, Kurama walked closer to his husband as they moved through the forest. Yukina's energy still left him feeling cold, and without a bubbling anger to keep him warm the fox searched for Yusuke's body heat habitually.

They walked and he pushed the conversation to the back of his mind. If nothing else, he was incredibly capable when it came to doing such a thing. They were quiet. And when his husband moved closer he untangled their hands to wrap his arm around his shoulders. The opposite replaced it in a light grasp.

"I was talking about me, by the way," he finally mentioned as they neared the garden more. "Although I guess we're both kinda hopeless, ain't we?" He chuckled lightly but just about jumped out of his skin at the response he got. Because it wasn't Kurama's voice that said it.

"I can vouch for that." Hiei hopped down from the tree he'd stopped in previously as he recognized their presence headed his way. He'd been headed toward the temple anyway so stopping off to meet up with these two wasn't a chore. He'd waited, realizing they would be crossing his path. And that mean smirk on his face spoke toward a want of further goading toward the other raven haired demon. "Hopeless is the perfect word to sum up the both of you."

Yusuke tensed a bit, but didn't pull away from Kurama as he evened a pouty glare on the short man. "Who asked you?"

"No one." The response was as matter-of-fact as usual as he took an almost relaxed stance against the trunk of the tree he'd just hopped from. "And here I thought you'd appreciate being told you were right for once." A snarky little chuckle fell from him as he heard the temple master growl lightly in annoyance.

Shuichi hummed and cuddled into the embrace as well as he could while still keeping proper posture. Yusuke was always warm, he was his own personal heating blanket and the fox took advantage of it when ever he felt the urge. Winter nights were consistently cozy for them. He felt the need now to tackle his husband to the ground and snuggle into him as a petulant child might; but he had far too much pride and poise for such an act.

Surprise colored his features for several seconds when a familiar voice broke their bubble. He calmed quickly enough. It wasn't unusual for the fire demon to greet them with a surprise. He was diligent in hiding his energy, and even his smell, but now that the smaller demon was standing before him that scent became clear. Burning cinders and ceder wood, hinted with a splash of freshly spilled blood. It was always hard to tell if that was the fire demon's natural scent, of if he'd made a recent kill.

"Hello Hiei," he greeted simply. He wasn't one to get dragged into an insult battle, besides, if they were so hopeless then why did Hiei continue to return? The easiest answer was to keep an eye on Yukina, but Kurama knew better. Hiei enjoyed their companionship, whether he realized it or not. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"I wonder," the gleeful tormenting look shifted and turned somewhat flat as he said as much while looking at the fox. He'd given up making any attempt to answer that question ages ago. It only caused him grief. Especially one Yusuke had finally picked up on it and managed to get thequestion in first. Although he expected it by now regardless. So he didn't even offer the former detective alook as he teased gleefully about him missing them. While it might be true he didn't come purely to keep an eye on Yukina on occassion, he had been showing more recently since her dating situation had come to light.

"Weren't you on your way somewhere?" The question hit Yusuke harder than he expected it to. Hiei hadn't been privy to the recent goings-on. So when the man looked away sharply with a huff and a pout it peaked his interest more than it might usually.

Yusuke landed that pout on Kurama. "Let's go. I don't feel like dealing with his crap right now." Kurama usually found it entertaining, but he was almost hoping feeling ill again would make the encounter more aggravating at the moment so he'd agree.

"Ch."

"Dont you cluck at me!" Yusuke turned back on him instantly. "Ya know, I'm really getting sick of that sound!" It was a sound he had to deal with much more often from both his charge, and the fact that Hiei was around more often. The chiding had a more desired effect than he'd realized it would too. He'd done it automatically since he'd started correcting the girl. But the stern paternal tone he snapped at him in stunned Hiei into slightly wide eyed silence.

"Yes," he both answered and agreed. He didn't want to push Yusuke much farther today, they were both on edge after the failed visit with the ice maiden. And it showed with Yusuke's fatherly snap. He'd heard that tone and those words used against Karasori before, and it usually ended with the rabbit sticking her tongue out and making the clicking sound over and over out of torment. Hiei's response was much better. Shuchi's eyes sparkled with mischief, and amusement caused him to lift a hand to his mouth to hide his silent laughter.

"No, please," the fox started casually. "Continue scolding Hiei," his words wavered with his failing attempts. "It's good practice for..." A string of calm snickers broke his words apart. "For the children!" Shuichi trailed off in a quiet, but genuine laughter that he just couldn't hold back anymore.

Yusuke's mood did it's own swivel as the devious smirk that fell from Hiei's face jumped to his own. They were similar, but also very different against the different features each of them possessed. Hiei's honestly tended to look wicked if not evil, while Yusuke's portrayed that devious but still somewhat innocent nature of his.

The small creature recovered the moment Kurama lifted his hand to hide the look on his face while being unable to do so with his jumping shoulder. A sour glare landed on the redhead and only deepened as he continued and turned to all out laughter. He opened his mouth to make a sharp remark, but was forced to pause through a sharp preen the far more disturbingly loud and annoying laughter that erupted from the chocolate eyed man.

The glare turned on him. "Geez Hiei!" He had a difficult time getting the words out through forced snickers kurama's outburst finally pulled from him. "That face!"

A sharp growl pierced the smaller Damon's chest. "I don't have to stick around for this nonsense," he snapped difinitively. As he took stance to move back to branches and continue where his heading had been previously he was momentarily given pause by Yusuke's continuance.

"Aw come on," he offered less teasingly despite continued attempts needed to calm himself down. "You came all this way. You gonna go already? It's just a little fun. It's not like you to run away so easy." The last part was a blatant lie. But the challenge it presented couldn't be ignored even if it was said in a warmer way than usual.

Not to mention, the sudden change of heart he seemed to take had him more than a little curious. However.... Sharp eyes landed on the redhead far too expectantly. Hiei wasn't one to hang around when he deemed it bothersome. A want for him to go pressed on that decision more heavily than it had in the past.

Back
Top Bottom