Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seedling ((EDDE))

"Djeee!" The sound she made was painfully similar to a noise that usually came from the temple master when he was surprised. A string of curses left her lips when she not only noticed him, but the fire starting up in her hair, and she quickly clapped her hands over it to snuff it out. A heavy sigh of relief was let out, then sucked back in. Yusuke was more frightening than a possible blaze. Karasori scrambled up onto her feet, then puffed out her chest in false bravado. She didn't look the least bit frightened, in fact she looked to be challenging her master with narrowed eyes and crossed arms. "It's 'cause I know those plants," she stated firmly.

The points Keichi made were still running through her mind, as well as the conclusions she'd made because of them. Even if she'd been tiny when she'd eaten them, they were still... "They're poisonous!" The rabbit declared. "I ate a Toraku flower when I was a kid, and it nearly killed me! What if Lilly got into it?" Though, she didn't realize her mistake. Toyaku and Toraku were vastly different plants.

Karasori's foot began to thump on the ground in her aggravation. "Just cause no one's allowed in the garden.... and just cause I was a rabbit before..." She continued in a low mumble that was difficult to understand.

---

Kurama had gone in a different direction while following the scent of Cooryn and his exhausted student. Irritation pricked at the back of his neck when he was lead back towards his garden. He couldn't blame the girl for wanting to find some solace in demonic plants, but he still didn't like knowing she was there, especially after the fiasco with the children tearing it up. But Cooryn wasn't a child, as much as she still acted like one. She wouldn't test his patience by tormenting his plants. Keichi's presence there was a surprise, the boy never took any interest in horticulture and to find him napping so close to it was pleasing on some level.

The fox turned the corner to see him slumbering awkwardly against a pillar, and the succubus lounging uncomfortably in Hiei's tree. He followed her gaze to his student, and Kurama's lips formed a thin line. He could practically read her thoughts. He was tired, weak... the perfect prey. "Cooryn," he called gently, unwilling to wake Keichi just yet. He deserved a rest, he had brought home the proper fruits after all. "I would appreciate it if you did not gaze at my apprentice that way. He is much too young to be your meal," he stated while moving to stand below the blood red leaves. It reeked of blood and rot, yet offered a sense of calming. It smelled of the home he'd left behind. "Come down from there. We have much to discuss, you and I. Attempting to break into my bedroom cannot, and will not be permitted."

Yusuke stood quietly as he watched the girl. Although admittedly it was really hard not to show his amusement over both beginning outbursts. But he managed, despite the mirthful gleam that hit his eyes.

His own arms crossed as she continued, rising just as easily to what might be a challenge as she'd offered it. Whether either of them did it consciously could be left up to debate, really. Chocolate eyes narrowed on the girl. "I doubt he'd plant something like that inside the temple," anymore. huffing a sigh his arms uncrowded and one raised to scratch through his hair in a small show of frustration. It deserved punishment still but.... He should take into consideration that she was trying to protect the other kids, right?

A small jump hit him and his eyes narrowed on her again. "So this supposedly poisonous plant," he started smoothly. "Wasnt bad enough to let Rin and Tory get close to?" They'd handled it after all.

--

Cooryn jumped out of her spacey bubble with a bit of a start as her name was called. A cool gaze turned down on the redhead while her knees drew up to her chest and were encirled by her arms. The accusation pulled offense into her features with that look. But as she wanted to deny that was the thought on her mind in the least, she couldn't exactly do that. Honestly, she wasn't sure what she'd been thinking; if she'd even been thinking much at all. That was what caused her to curl.

And she hesitated for a short moment as she was called down, a pout touching her lips. "I didn't mean it," she offered quietly. Although she didn't stall much longer than that before hopping down with a flutter of impish wings and came very near to landing. She even followed through the motion of bending her legs to brace for the impact. Although they drew up once again instead of extending properly. Crossing bent legs at the ankle, she leaned forward with a puffy look still on her face. And he tugged those ankles into her grasp, floating nearly at eye level with the fox. "I couldn't help it," she added defensively. "And I left as soon as I could."

Crimson eyes rolled off in another direction as she left out a sigh and leaned to the side just a bit without compromising the hold on her ankles. "What else am I supposed to do if I can't stop myself?" The question was rhetorical considering there really wasnt anything she could do in that situation, so it was mumbled.

It wasn't until it was just brought up that she'd recognized an issue with it. And really, she'd never had an issue being able to decipher these particular rights and wrongs before. Not all that long ago, even. It was frustrating and effected her mood more often than not. "So what's my punishment?" Curious eyes drew back to him slowly as she asked as much, though she didnt turn her face. It left her looking at him from the corner of her eye. And while she didn't recognize it herself, her sights had shifted over to the sleeping boy all over again through her small act of avoidance; her face continuing to point in that direction.

"He planted it by my den," she retorted almost cruelly, and while Yusuke's arms left their cross Karasori's only grew tighter. Her cheeks puffed in defiance as she glared up at him, clearly feeling as if she were in the right. "Not yet. It's only the flowers and leaves that are deadly, and only if they eat it. I made sure no one tried to eat the seeds. That's why I called them stones," she was a little proud of that one. "And I watched them close. I had to prove to Uncle Silver that the kids could get into them." A thought popped into her head and her eyes widened comically before narrowing back into their angry stare, her right hand leaving it's tuck under her left elbow to point accusingly at Yusuke. "You let him bury them again, didn't you?" She accused.

---

The fox watched on calmly as the imp fluttered down from the tree to meet him at nearly the same height. Good, she still knew her place. He listened to her in calm silence, and found himself agreeing with her. He couldn't blame a starving child for searching for food. No, she wasn't a child... But he could see why it was difficult for Yusuke to picture her as anything but, and he couldn't blame her any less.

Her attention went back to Keichi, and Kurama was quick to reach out and grasp her chin. She was forced to look at him once more with a firm, but gentle hand. "There is none," he answered simply. Green eyes looked her over, examining her face for any glint of a lie. He found none. "You are hungry, I cannot fault you for that; but you will stop looking at Keichi in that manner." Once he was sure her attention was on him, the fox released her chin and casually laid one arm over the other, his palm cupping his elbow.

There was a long pause, Kurama staring down the young succubus. Perhaps to make her uncomfortable, or perhaps to give him time to think. "Have you given any thought to what we spoke about?" He started. "Returning to the Makai under Ushiga's care? You will not go hungry within the brothel."

His hands drew up to his hips, his own chest puffing out just a little in his own challenge. And a that infuriatingly cocky grin of his slid across his lips as he answered in an almost cruel tone before he could think to stop himself. "I didnt just let'm. I
helped."

Although he deflated pretty quickly and he added in catching himself. "If you think you're gonna go dig'm up again, you better think again!" The short tone was mostly to get her attention, as stern features calmed and he looked over the bratty demon with a softness that held much more understanding than she probably would expect. "First, we gotta talk to Kurama about it," he clarified. "Before we do anything else that has to do with his plants, we're gonna talk to him about what's in there."

He tapped at his chin thoughtfully. "Yeah. Actually that's a good idea. You're gonna.come with me and tell him exactly what you told me about it. You're gonna tell him why you did it. And,"" he added definitively. "You're gonna ask him about any poisonous or dangerous plants in that garden. And we'll go from there." The smile he had to offer was far too cheery. "Oh and by the way, don't think that's supposed to be your punishment. That's just to start things off before we even get to that part."

Although he found himself wondering if they should go now since the redhead was supposed to be talking to Cooryn... he'd said it wouldn't take long though right? And it wasn't like they couldn't wait till he was done.

--

The girl jumped again as her chin was grasped and her attention pulled back to the fox. She shouldn't be startled do easily. And it spoke to her plenty even as the redhead did. Plush lower lip was drawn in between her teeth and sucked lightly as she focused her attention more sharply on Kurama.

Although there was a twitch. Her eyes shifted back toward the boy quickly before shifting back. Not because she was focused on him as she had been a few moment before. But because she's been told not to look. And it had drawn an insatiable need through her to just take in a quick glance despite it that had nothing to do with her hunger.

After that quick peek she kept her focus properly on him. And she relaxed chewing teeth on lip to pop it out into a pout all over again. This time because she grew tense under his stare and felt like she was shrinking the longer he looked. Subsequently, and most likely because of that, the position she held in height against him lowered her until she had the perfect amount of room to lower her legs effortlessly to the ground and allow gravity it's hold back on her.

"I have," she offered lightly, a bit of relief evident in the loosening of tense shoulders as he finally broke the silence. A bubbly smile popped into her features as she offered a rather mindless continuance as her finger poked I no the air in emphasis. "I thought 'Yusuke will never let me go'." Although the bubbly look pulled away as she sighed lightly and peeked down at fingers that fidgetted with long nails variously. She wasn't nearly so mindless. And even though she was insanely playful that didn't mean she could keep it up with such a heavy subject.

"And then I had a really hard time thinking and deciding on how that made me feel. But I guess it's kind of mixed."

She moved to argue, but Yusuke's sharp tone pursed her lips together tightly. She still seemed very displeased, but the kindness in usually devious brown eyes had her pausing. Usually Yusuke would enjoy her suffering, and he'd be perfectly pleased to have a reason to make her run through a room full of snakes, in the dark, barefoot, and blindfolded. She wasn't expecting compassion. He didn't show that to her that often. At least, not with it directed at her specifically. Karasori muttered a few choice words before relenting. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense," she answered with a slight shrug.

The rabbit had the mind to shrink away at the mention of continued punishment. She kicked at the dirt and grumbled a 'stupid old man.' "Fine, where is he?"

---

Cooryn tested his patience by looking at the slumbering boy; but it was an innocent glance. A child pushing boundaries, and while she was growing into a woman, she still had the playful, almost childish nature of a budding succubus. He'd let it slide for the sake of the conversation. "That isn't what you you should have been considering," he pointed out. Though, she was likely correct. Even if she went to Yusuke and asked for herself, he doubted his husband would just let her go without a fight.

Kurama rested a hand on her shoulder the moment her feet touched the ground. He wasn't exactly a fatherly figure, but he'd caught on to several of Yusuke's actions when it came to the children of the temple; and this seemed to comfort the majority of them. It felt strange. "Cooryn, this isn't about what Master Yusuke wants," he explained. "This is about what you need, and what you desire; because if you wish to leave, I will help you do so."

"He's having a talk with Cooryn," he informed her in tone that lacked any picture of the softness he'd been exuding before. "So we'll give it a minute." He'd said it wouldn't take long, so instead Yusuke turned his eyes on one of the straw dummies. A finger lifted and he pointed to it.

"Try again," he added shortly. Repetition wasn't a thing that really seemed to help her all that much. But he had a tendancy to make her show him any improvements she might have made pretty often. Although at least this time it wasn't when she was so wiped out she was already moments from collapsing from it.

--

The girl offered a wry smile as her focus was mentioned. But really, it was a pretty big hurdle and getting past it certainly would need a lot of focus. But i wasn't as if she didn't understand his meaning.

Crimson eyes blinked a few wide, rapid flutters down on the hand on her shoulder. She wondered if she should be as surprised as she was over the small gesture. But it only lasted for a moment. Because the answer was a resounding 'yes'. It wasn't an action she tended to see him take in any instance.

It didn't feel awkward to her at all. In fact, the attempt was rather flattering. And it had heat building under the thin fur of her cheeks and chest; fur that acted as a safe guard to hide such a silly reaction for the most part. Although it showed in other ways. Such as how her chin tilted down and she peeked up at him from under long lashes.

She had a fascination with the red fox that she tried --and usually failed under his ability to see things for what they were-- her best to keep under wraps. It was difficult though. As the most sexually intense creature in the temple it wasn't a wonder why it was there though. And despite her short comings she did pretty well with that for the most part. Still, the need to pull away after the small show of embarrassment hit her quickly.

A simple, small step back was made to allow him to pull away. And she covered further through the high tilting of her nose and upshot of her shoulders that allowed her to look perfectly snooty over her response. "Of course I want to leave," she huffed out haughtily. "I couldn't possibly stay in this dump forever!"

That snootiness calmed down almost immediatey though and that wry smile returned. "But... It's a pretty nice for a dump. I like it here... And I also don't want to go." There were plenty of reasons for that. Anxiety, fear of change after having gotten so used to her new life here since Yusuke had brought her in, a heavy feeling of loss she hadn't even suffered yet in going; and more than that too. But she also knew those other things. The ones Kurama had attempted to portray to his husband many times now and not just earlier on that day.

"Cooryn?" Yeah, that made sense. The succubus was becoming harder and harder to stay away from. She knew from experience what a creature like that could do, and it would be a lot of trouble if she stayed much longer. Her thoughts were cut off, and a look of determination came to her face. "Right!" Karasori returned to her stance. If there was any difference between master and student, it was he insane work ethic. She'd train day and night if she could. The rabbit wanted nothing more than to control the monstrous power her body concealed. Hell... She'd settle for losing it completely.

---

The imp pulled back, and Kurama did as well. Perhaps it hadn't been the best idea in the first place. She didn't seem to mind, but she didn't seem to enjoy it either. At least not for the correct reason. His hands returned to their previous places. "I assume that sort of wavering is normal," he assured. It had been difficult to leave his human home, and his human mother. It had to be similar for Cooryn. Though his powers of empathy could only go so far.

"You cannot remain here much longer. It won't be long before your hunger becomes painful, and you will lose control of your actions." Kurama pursed his lips together as he pondered over his words. "Perhaps if we show that to Master Yusuke, he will better understand and aid in your leaving better than I am able." A thoughtful look came over his face, and he glanced up and to the side out of habit. His tongue stayed behind his lips where it belonged. That poking out tip was saved only for Yusuke. "Ah!" An idea came to him quite suddenly. "Your powers of hypnosis have gotten stronger as you've matured, have they not? How far have they progressed?"

Yusuke crossed his arms once more, though his stance relaxed a litte as he watched his charge rather than tense up. In a show more befitting of their normal circumstances his attention to her progress alone quickly switched to barking off sudden orders for change. He really was easily distracted. And aside from offers of risky fornication from his lober, this forum was probably the easiest to lose himself to.

--

The problem was that Cooryn was already having a horrible difficulty in keeping herself under control. There hadn't been many, but there was more than one time she'd barely had the mind to correct herself from doing something or other that could have been incredibly destructive in far too many ways. And the possibility being brought up tugged a bit of guilt into her eyes.

She was careful and conscious enough in those situations to where no one seemed to know about the majority of them. And she'd been lucky enough to be caught by one of the older children, Kurama, or Yukina in instances where she might not have backed off. They'd been soon enough that they weren't too bothersome really... not that It mattered.

Yusuke had yet to see these instances. Not because he was unobservant; but it really just had to do with timing. And he never seemed to be around during those times... well, aside from when she made attempts to impede on his and Kurama's times alone. "Ah... Well..."

She debated for a moment, really not sure how much she should go into her growing knowledge of herself and her abilities. But really it'd only make it worse if she held back much. "They have..."

We shifted from one foot to the other and her lips pinched together for just a moment as if to shush hersef. But after that moment she put her attention back on the fox. "I have no doubt I coud get absolutely any of the children to do what I want if I concentrated hard enough." She shrunk back just a little as she added, "It's not just because of hypnotic powers..." And she understood that he would recognize the only way she could know the information she was about to bestow on him was because she'd learned about it through experimentation, just like just about everything else she learned about herself.

That didn't stop her from continuing. In fact, it didnt even stop the ease in her shoulders as she thought about it before speaking. "There's something else," she offered a little vaguely. Only so because she wasn't entirely sure her thoughts on it were accurate. "I can see and feel a lot deeper than I used to be able to," she added as a warm tone hit her voice.

Opening her hands and looking down on them as she picture what she was attempting to put into words her voice grew a bit more melodic. "When I look inside someone now I don't just see their thoughts. I can feel their emotions as well, but that has been true for a while. This is different." A bloody glow rimmed crimson irises as she lost herself for a moment in the feeling she was describing. "There's a place inside people that's so deep its almost endless. And it's filled with..." She struggled for the proper words for just a moment before deciding she could only describe it as well as she had the words for. "This amazing energy."

The cadence of her words turned back into that rhythmic melody as she went on. A full glow engulfed her eyes. "It's unlike anything I've ever felt before. And it seems to be different for different people. Although I haven't tried it out all that much, and did so mostly in the forest, it hasn't been the same even once."

And she wanted it. And she grew silent for a moment before growing eyes leveled back on the defenseless boy who didn't have nearly enough energy to expend for her to be interested in in the first place as she recognized that might not have been what she was after, or at the very least searching for in her mindless haze of staring him over, at all.

Her answer was honest, and it brought about an uncomfortable prickle along his spine. The way she near casually admitted to having the ability to control the children of the temple put him on edge. His fears for the other occupants had just been proven right, and by the imp's own words no less; and she'd said it with such confidence. He wondered how far she'd already strung along the children. He would have scented any sexual activity, but now that wasn't all he was worried about. Cooryn's voice was becoming softer, sweeter. A siren's call that would fell an untrained mind. As it was, only his centuries of experience with sexual creatures kept him steady.

But she had him wanting to give in. Her voice and crimson eyes called to him, and requested he fall into a desire to feed the child he'd been forced to care for. The thought of feeding her had come to mind in the past, but nothing more than allowing a little voyeurism. Kurama's jaw clenched as she continued, but he kept his expression neutral as she continued to explain. This was more than the sexual hunger of a budding succubus.

"Cooryn." He name was hissed, and there was a silent anger hidden in the chill of his voice. Of all the beings living in the temple, he was most protective of Keichi. After all, he'd decided to take the boy under his wing. To teach him the world around and inside him, and he wasn't about to let that go to waste. "You are delving into places you shouldn't be." This woman was becoming dangerous. Were she anyone else, Kurama would have chased her off. She wasn't just a succubus, but a devourer of souls; and with such young, defenseless demons and humans running around his home...

"That amazing energy you're looking into isn't spirit nor demonic energy, but a being's very soul. Tampering with that will cause irreparable damage." Not could, not would, but will. "If you have not already. A soul is a fragile thing." It wasn't safe for her to stay here any longer, but how could he make Yusuke see that? Short of seeing her separate a spirit from its body... But perhaps...

"I would like to see you use your hypnotic abilities without delving so far." He paused. "And I would like you to use them on Master Yusuke." If he could see them first hand, then maybe he could work his way in and finally convince him that she needed to leave. For everyone's sake.

She turned her attention back on him as her name was hissed. The calm, cool look that saturated her features spoke volumes for the offense she felt. She though it was toward the harsh tone, but couldn't be sure.

It took a few words falling from his lips for the glow in her eyes to subside competely. Their soul? She wasn't about to argue with him about it. Kurama was plenty knowledgeable. Everyone who'd spent any amount of time with him at all knew this. And a deep well of indescribable substance and pull; a source of presence within somone that held no tangible form of consciousness... The feeling she'd had when she was gazing into them made it even easier to believe.

It took her a little longer to calm down completely from riling herself up this time. But as soon as she was, guilt seeped back into her eyes. "I see." She was glad though, for the fact that she'd only been looking at them and had never ventured any closer than that.

A moment later she was blinking out a bit of rapid surprise. "Wait... You want me to seduce Yusuke?" Although she hadnt meant tha particular word in the sexual sense, the obvious double meaning sparked a bit of a smirk across her face. "Or maybe you want me to seduce him," she chuckled out.

Although she grew serious again a moment later. After all, she knew he'd meant the first way she meant. "If I do that..." She wondered if she could take control of a person's mind and have them be aware of it. It wasn't something she'd ever attempted before. "That's going to be much more difficult to do than it is to talk about," she added thoughtfully. "What if I can't?"

The double meaning had a crimson brow raising slightly; and the fox answered with a surprising "Both. If you can manage." He doubted she'd be able to get his husband into bed with her. Yusuke was nothing if not stubborn. His will power was outmatched only by he recklessness; and, Yusuke had a strong attachment to him, that loyalty alone would keep the man free of her wiles. Still, her attempts were the point. Even if she couldn't succeed.

"Simple," he added to her continuance. "You will continue to try until you can. The point here is to prove to Yusuke what you are capable of. That you are not just a child any longer; and, if I must aid you in honing your skills in order to do so. I will." He paused. "There will be ground rules, however. I will not have you over taking my husband's mind without them... I will set them at a later time." It seemed they had company. He could smell his lover before he could sense his approaching energy.

Surprise colored her features as the redhead corrected her own thought on the matter and continued. It was a good idea though... And awfully tempting too. Her head tilted however when she wasn't given the option to ask further. Yusuke's approach had her jumping back up into thatttree. And she found a spot on it to nestle against more comfortably to think; and to listen if they stuck around.

Yusuke didn't say much of anything as they approached though. But a softness that hit his eyesin seeing Kurama was alone, and warmth that spread through them upon seeing him in general, said plenty. Without giving time for pleasantries however, Yusuke peeked at the girl with a less than warm look before smiling back at his husband. "Karasori's got a few things to say." This time the warmth Kurama put into his features didn't shift as he looked at her. But the softness still wasn't for ger. "Right?"

He watched the woman hop back into the tree, and he didn't have the heart to kick her out of it. If she turned it into a normal occurrence, he would start to; but, for now, he'd let her have that comfort. Besides, Yusuke was far more interesting. Though, her new abilities would continue to worry him in the back of his mind. He'd have to be even more vigilant to her activities... These strays were more trouble than they were worth.

"Is that so?" Kurama turned and glanced from his husband's soft expression, and down to the defiantly angry prostration of the rabbit. Her hands were clenched into fists at her sides, and she stood up tall on the balls of her feet in an attempt to get as close to eye level as possible. The fox waited silently for her to speak, it took a little while. She was obviously terrified of him, and he knew why. He may have kept her safe as 'Uncle Silver,' but he had found great pleasure in tormenting her along the way. There were few things more fun for a fox than chasing a rabbit.

"You planted Toyaku plants in the garden," she accused.

"I did."

Karasori bubbled up and thumped her right foot. "And they're deadly! Don't you remember when I ate them?" her foot hit the earth harder when he simply stared down at her with that stupid 'I'm so calm about everything' look. She opened her mouth to snap again, but was silenced with a simple question.

"What do you remember of that plant, Karasori?"

"It had spiky leaves and white flowers that smelled like honey. And when I ate it I thought I was gonna die."

"You would have," the fox replied without a hitch in his breath. "I believe I gave you explicit details on what would happen to you, should you consume those flowers."

Karasori looked up at her master and motioned towards the fox as if to say 'See?!'

"I'm impressed you remember so much about it. A shame you cannot remember it's name."

"Huh?"

"The Toraku plant is very deadly, causing symptoms similar to dysentery. Painfully excreting bodily fluids from every orifice. We had to move dens to escape the stench once you'd recovered." Kurama paused for a good long time before continuing. "The Toyaku plant, on the other hand, is perfectly harmless. In fact, the vibrant blue flowers are used to cure the very poison you're speaking of."

"Ah.... Uh..." The color in Karasori's cheeks drained and she took a hold of her ears while hunching back down onto the soles of her long feet. "Oops?"

Yusuke listened to them talk. His attention lifted to the tree he found comforting as well. He missed trips to the Makai. Before living with the redhead, it had been the first place that had ever really felt like home to him. He noticed the succubus up there and offered her a quick, but cheery smile before his attention was pulled back down through his student's insistent word that wasn't actually spoken.

"See what?" It was grumbled. After all, he'd learned rather well to save judgement over things without the proper evidence. That, and he really didn't think Kurama would plant anything so dangerous inside the temple.

It wasn't long after that that his student grew anxious. And it was just so the perfect time. There was no helping the wicked grin that landed on her even as his head tilted slightly toward his husband. "Ooh. Since you two talked, does that mean I get to move on to the punishment?" He wasn't asking anyone in particular. After all, this had been decided all on his own. It did, however, give Kurama a chance to interject with anything he might want to first.

"Ahhh shit." Karasori looked up at her master with a perfectly puffy pout. "Today's gonna suck, ain't it?" The question was rhetorical, because she stood up straight and looked him straight in the eye. "Bring it on Old Man. I can handle anything you throw at me!"

Kurama resisted a sigh. So much more trouble than they were worth. "Next time be sure of your target before you strike. They may not be so docile next time." In fact, he was considering planting something with teeth as a deterrent. There were too many children in his garden. The fox waved Yusuke and Karasori away casually. "What ever it is, do it away from my plants. They have been through enough for one day." After a moment of thought he looked up at the succubus lounging in Hiei's tree. "You as well Cooryn, be gone. I wish to be alone with my thoughts."

He really did need to ponder over the new information, and come up with a new way to prove to Yusuke that Cooryn needed to leave... But it doubled as an excuse to stay away from Yukina a little longer. He was not looking forward to the invasion of her energy. As kind as it was, it was cold and unwanted. Diagnostics would take longer, and be more invasive than just a quick healing. The thought alone made him want to shudder.

En evil little cackle passed his lips as she asked her question. Though it changed quickly to a bubbling fit. "What did you say, little girl ?!" He was forced to pause as Kurama brought up the garden. And really it was a good thing he did. Or it might not have gone all that well.

Cooryn peeked down at him for a long moment, but she soon faded from existence in the area after offering a soft nos
d. She'd been drawn to that tree much more often lately, not that she didn't know why. After all, Yusuke had recovered her from the demon realm in the first place. And while it was a while ago, it was still recent enough that she has plenty of vivid memories of that place... which might be another thing keeping her from wanting to go. Despite the wild antics and craziness around here, it was significantly calmer and more comforting here than there.

Debating on what he might want to do for punishing had yusuke's eyes landing on the slumbering boy. Or at least, he was a previously slumbering boy. Large amethyst eyes were peeking at the lot of them through sleepiness and confusion. It cause Yusuke to look at the sky's condition. They'd be going to dinner soon. And the need to see Yukina had an incredibly cruel thought forming in his mind.

A dark smirk landed on the girl. "If that's how you feel," he concluded in a tone that was far too cold to be in any way playful. "Consider your speaking privileges revolked." Arms crossed over his chest. "Starting from now until I feel like you've had enough of it."

He couldn't let her get away that easily though. "And every time you do say something, you're gonna get a new, different punishment. And each time after that it's only gonna be worse than the last."

It might not seem like much now. But like Yusuke, the girl had far too much of a mouth on her not for it to become devistating.

"You heard me you old hermit," she countered. "You got nothin'." But she was wrong... Who would have thought Yusuke was creative enough to think up something that cruel? She sputtered several times, and opened her mouth to speak just out of spite, but she caught the irritated look in Kurama's eyes, and she decided to test her luck later. Or at least outside of the garden. She huffed and stomped off, leaving the area with a barrage of angry thumps of her right foot before she hopped off.

At least she didn't have to wear another dress. She hated those things.

Kurama cast a glance at Keichi, but left him be. As he'd thought before, the boy earned himself a rest. He'd be free for the rest of the night at least. Perhaps tomorrow as well, depending on how the fox was feeling when he work. The boy was other wise ignored. Instead, he chuckled lightly at his husband's antics. "How long do you think she can last?" He questioned, amusement dancing in his eyes. "And how many punishments can you come up with? She's sure to test your patience."

Rubbing his eyes heavily, the sleepy boy wandered off quietly. Under normal circumstance it might be odd for him to go around so mindlessly, but he honestly had worn himself to the thinnest string by the time he'd gotten back. And having to make up a story about goblins on top of speaking on his failure had simply broken that last string of exhaustion. Chances were he'd be doing plenty better by the next day so long as he continued to be able to rest the night away.

A hearty chuckle left his lips after keeping a stern look on the girl until she left. Turning to the redhead, he offered a cheery smile. "The problem ain't coming up with stuff. I already thought ofall kinds of crap." HHis arms wrapped around his waist. "Buuuut I couldn't decide on which one was best. So when that one hit me it was perfect."

After offering a happy nuzzle to his lover's nose his face dropped a little, looking a little disappointed. Although it was pointed at himself. "You know I don't like messing with the mood, but can we go see Yukina now? The sooner we get it over with the better, right?" In more ways than one.

"How clever," he offered while returning the nuzzle. It would be so easy to capture Yusuke's lips and draw him away into a much more pleasant idea. Kurama felt better, and he had more than enough energy to 'fool around' and still be awake for supper. If he dug deep, he'd probably have enough for another round before bed. So easy... Just before their lips could meet Yusuke pulled away just enough to speak. An uncomfortable sound was released from pursed lips. If it had come from anyone else it would have likely been followed with a whine of 'I don't wanna.' But Kurama was too proper for such a thing.

"I don't suppose I could convince you to join me in a much more pleasant activity?" He really, really didn't want to visit the ice maiden. Not for this. Not to have her icy energy running through his veins. It went against his nature to be filled with winter snow. He could already feel his skin crawling, and Yusuke would be able to feel his anticipating shiver as well as see the slight downward curl of his lips.

He smiled, a soft chuckle following it. Strong hands drew up and one curled around his shoulders while the other pressed Kurama's head forward while Yusuke's chin lifted. It was much less awkward to pull Kurama into this stance randomly than it had been years before. It reminded him of more than one attempt where the fox stubbornly refused to lower himself to allow it which sometimes resulted in far too playful attempts following from Yusuke.

With a huff of a sigh he curled his grasp warmly against the preparatory chill his body was already feeling. "Probably," he answered. "Easily, " he added honestly. "But I'd really rather find out whats wrong with you so we can get to work trying to fix it..." The gentle statement was more a plea. He hadn't forced this on him previously. And he wouldn't force it on him now, but knowing very specifically what it was he wanted had always had an effect on his redhead; just as the reverse had for the most part.

Shuichi relented and ducked his head down with Yusuke's guidance. He couldn't help but find amusement in a shared memory. On occasion he would refuse to lower himself just to watch Yusuke hang on him and hop up and down to try and reach. Now though, he dipped his head down so their foreheads could meet; and again he was tempted to deviate the conversation. As Yusuke said, it would be easy. Just pull the man close, press their lips together, offer a flick of his tongue and the former detective would be putty in his arms.

A sigh left his nose and the fox looked away for several seconds. Considering. "Alright," he relented, pulling out of Yusuke's embrace with great reluctance. "But I expect to be quickly warmed once she has finished," he stated firmly. Not that it would be a difficult thing to get from his husband. All he ever had to do was ask... So long as none of the strays got in the way, that is. It was something he'd come to terms with. "Whether one of your brats calls for you or not." But perhaps he was still a tad sore about it.

Kurama lead the way back into the temple, abandoning his garden to allow it to heal on its own. The Toyaku plants were still quivering in their bulbs, but with any luck they would be poking through again within the next few days. Perhaps asking her to meet them outside would have been better, but he didn't want to frighten his plants further with his own distress.

A smile that was just a warm spread across his lips as his husband took up his embrace. With that look, it was sure to have been easy. And it melted happily when he relented to the appointment. "Kay," he offered smoothly. "I know all sorts of ways to warm you up." The heady growl in his tone might have been put there by Kurama's previous suggestion. But he followed along cheerily as they went to find the woman.

They found her in the hall. Or did she find them? The ice maiden looked worried and was roaming around seeking them out as well. It was a flaw in all of their tendancies to keep themselves hidden. "Ah." A soft smile replaced the slight crease in her brow. "It's time then?" The question was curious, but somewhat knowing. Mostly because it wasn't hard at all to read their faces at the moment.

The temple master vs chocolate eyes shifted over to Kurama. He wasn't trying to give him an out... But it was sort of second nature to establish it. If he tried though, the more likely scenario would produce a whine and adorably childish tantrum from the younger male.

Last chance. If he truly wanted to back out he could. Yusuke might whine and Yukina would give him a sad, disapproving frown; but if he wanted to turn away all he had to do was say 'no.' He glanced at those puppy brown eyes settled on him, and for a moment it seemed as if Kurama really would back out. "It is," he answered her simply. Though just saying it made his stomach churn. He swallowed a mouthful of saliva in order to keep his gag reflex calm. It would not do well to vomit in the middle of the hallway, and just before this 'appointment.'

"But just to be clear," he added, strolling by and knowing the others would join him towards the dojo. No one would be there this late at night, it would be rude to assume they could do this in Yukina's room, and he would rather not bring her into theirs at the moment. The scent of their coupling was still powerful, and besides... He wanted the ability to walk off the chill and have a warm bed as a destination. "I am looking for a diagnosis, not a cure. I mean no offense, but I would prefer to handle that on my own."

"Oh?" The curious sound as she followed was for his clarification's start. But all she had to shed was smiles as he finished and they made their way. "I'm happy to help any way I can," she offered gently. "If you change your mind at some point hkwever, I'll still be here." It was a simple offer. One she didn't expect him to take up.

Yusuke was quiet. A rare occurance that did happen on occasion. Especially when he was more interested in what was going on around him and paying attention to it rather than making snarky comments. Besides, if he said the wrong thing Kurama could still change his mind. And he didn't want that. Instead, as they walked, he moved closer and a warm hand niggled it's way between stiff fingers to help the tension that was rolling through his fox. The smile he had to offer if he decided to look, was soft and warm; and relatively small compared to the ones he usually wore. It was comforting, really. Or at least it was comforted. He was incredibly pleased that his husband was still willing to go through with this so far. After all, the man could be fickle at best sometimes... not that hevd ever be stupid enough to point that out. The prim and proper man tended to like keeping up his perfect facade. And Yusuke did what he could when he had the right mind not to mess with that.

"Thank you, Yukina. That is very kind." But the offer wouldn't be taken. Kurama had learned a new level of stubborn over his years married to Yusuke Urameshi. The only person more so, that he could think of, was Kuwabara. That man was as moveable as a brick wall on most occasions. The comforting hand was given a light squeeze and was held with loose fingers for the duration of the walk. He only released it once they reached their destination.

The dojo was quite, as he'd expected it to be. The center of the floor was clear, but the walls were lined with pillows meant for an audience. A table had been set aside for the occasional game Shoji with certain guests, but Kurama took a more familiar place. These pillows were softer and much more comfortable, where he and Yusuke would sit and share a cup of tea, or just bask in each other's company while their students tried to maim each other. The thought was a calm one.

Kurama tucked his legs under himself in a proper kneel, his back straight and his expression neutral despite the continued discomfort that prickled the hair along the back of his neck. "You may begin when ready," he assured her. He held his tongue when the request to 'make it quick' came to the tip. He wasn't so rude.

Back
Top Bottom