Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's Just Human Nature (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

“To be honest, I don’t think we’d still be together if I didn’t have Aurelio.” Marceline said before realizing how that sounded. “Not that I’m not happy! I’d probably have just left by now because we’d get serious, it would freak me out, and I’d run.”

Diego blanched a bit and looked a bit nervous while Aurelio reached out for his dad, sensing his distress.

“Yeesh, that’s kinda harsh. But I’m pretty sure your friends would’ve stopped you or you would’ve come back,” Hunson said, trying to reassure his daughter.

Marceline saw how Diego was uncomfortable. “I have commitment issues sometimes.” She explained. “I’m glad I had Aurelio because instead of freaking out and impulsively leaving, I think about it and remind myself how much I love you.”

“If I remember correctly, you still freaked out and then what’s her face kinda had to yell at you for you to come back,” Hunson said, recalling the incident and Diego just becoming more uncomfortable.

Aurelio just patted his dad on the shoulder, trying to reassure him.

“Nah that was me freaking out at the idea of having a kid.” Marceline said. “I didn’t I’d ever have kids but now that I have one, I can’t think of my life without him or Diego for that matter.” She kissed Diego on the cheek took her son bouncing him on her hip.

Diego smiled and relaxed a bit at hearing that from Marceline. "He seems to be perfect for you,” Hudson said with a smile as he saw the two.

“Now we’re gonna have a second baby.” Marceline said cheerily bouncing Aurelio. “And you’re gonna have a baby brother or sister.”

“And given how you kids are, you’ll probably have more in the future,” Hunson said with a smirk while Diego laughed before hugging and kissing Marceline.

Diego also blushed while Hudson cackled at the two. “All right, that’s fair. So, how far along are you?” He asked Marceline as Diego went to hold Aurelio.

“No idea.” Marceline said putting a hand on her belly. “I’d be surprised if I was more than eight weeks but I’m probably more like five or six weeks.”

"You should probably go see your princess friend to check up on you," Hunson said to her as he went to poke her tummy. Diego did agree on that sentiment since it was still important. "Wait, did you actually take Aurelio for his annual yet?" Hunson also asked them, causing Diego to look at Marceline since he wasn't sure.

“His appointment is tomorrow.” Marceline explained. “It would have been next week but I rescheduled so his appointment would be the same day as mine.”

"All right, that works. So how are you crazy kids doing over all?" Hunson asked as he took a seat. "We've been doing fine, Hunson," Diego said as he went over beside Marceline and holding her hand.

“Yeah, but I gotta say, the two of you do look really happy together,” Hunson said with a smile.

Diego smile back and pulled Marceline for a kiss. “We are. She’s the most wonderful person in the world,” he said.

"Even then, I'm always thinking you're the best," Diego responded to her with a smile as he leaned in to kiss her. "Well, I guess i should be going now. Thanks for telling me about my second grandchild. And Marceline... your mother would be proud of you. You're as good a mother she was... and a better parent than I ever was," Hunson said, the last part forlornly. Seeing his daughter grow up and start a family of her own had him reflect and further see his own failings as a parent.

"Yeah, but ultimately, that wasn't the point. We both know it was never about the fries. I was a deadbeat who wasn't there for you when you needed me to be and I was never gonna be a good dad because of this job. I did what I could to protect you, but it was still a bust,” Hudson said with a melancholic look.

“Dammit, Dad, I was trying to be funny and you make it all depressing.” Marceline said before getting serious. “Yeah, you were pretty shit at being a dad, but at least you realize it.”

"I know, but I needed to be serious here," Hunson responded to Marceline before lookin at Diego. "Thanks for looking after Marceline. You're a better dad than me and probably the best person she has at her side," he said to Diego, causing the latter to blush and rub the back of his head sheepishly.

"I do it because I love Marcy," Diego responded, lookin at his wife with a loving smile.

"Look Marcy, I want you to be happy and I want to say thank you for still letting me begin a part of your life," Hunson said to Marceline with a smile. Aurelio just giggled at the grownups before hugging his mother.

Back
Top Bottom