Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's Just Human Nature (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Diego saw hw Marceline began flying ahead of them. Diego focused more energy on the copters and began flying faster to catch up to her. He reached there just shortly after Marceline arrived there though the other three have not arrived yet.

"What's up Marceline? Everything okay?" he asked her.

"Don't worry, we won't fall off," Finn told Morgan comfortingly, blushing when she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm just trying to find Simon." Marceline said.

"I know but I suffer from acrophobia." Morgan stated.

"You're afraid of spiders?" Jake asked.

"Well, yes," Morgan responded, "but that's arachnophobia. Acrophobia is the fear of heights."

"Huh, what's going on here?" a voice said and Diego turned to see a slightly sleepy-looking Ice King coming out. "Oh hey guys, what's going on?" Ice King said with a smile before he stretched Diego just smiled awkwarldy and waved back before looking to Marceline. "You okay?" he asked her quietly.

"Well don't worry, it'll be all right. I won't let you fall," Finn told Morgan with a smile. "We'll be arriving there soon," Jake said as he saw the icy mountain in the distance.

Marceline nodded before saying, "Hey, Simon. Sorry I woke you up but I have a friend I wanted you to meet. She should be here in a couple minutes."

"Thank you." Morgan smiled.

"Well, all right. How is she like?" Ice King said as he went over to sit down. He wondered why the two looked a bit worried. "You're uh... Diego right?" he said to Diego, causing the cyborg to nod. "I just began thinking, you'd probably make a cute couple with her," Ice King said in an obliviously cheerful matter. Diego's face became an intense shade of red as he facepalmed, hoping that Marceline didn't take that in a qay.

"Looks like Finn and Jake are almost here. They're bringing the friend you want me to meet?" Ice King asked her.

"Um... thanks Simon." Marceline said. "And yes, they are."

Once the three had there, Morgan walked up to Marceline.

"Simon, this is Morgan," Marceline said, "she's your daughter."

Diego blushed, looking at Marceline. He did wonder if Marceline ever drank the red from someone before,e specially with how red his face probably was right now.

Jake ended up arriving a bit quickly after and entered. Finn kept holding onto Morgan and helped her get off of Jake before the gorup of 5 came to face with Ice King.

Ice King stood there, rather stunned. "Wait, what?" he said with a look of shock on his face. "Did you say she was my daughter?" he said. From what Diego saw, it was like a delayed reaction of shock. Like it hasnt fully hit him what Marceline said.

"Yes I did." Marceline stated. "I met her not too long ago but we just found out today that she's your daughter."

Morgan stood there awkwardly not entirely sure of what to do or say. "Ummm... hi, Dad." She said nervously.

"We didn't think this thing through," Diego muttered as he felt the room be filled with a very tense atmosphere. Finn and Jake looked at one another. Unlike the case with Martin, Ice King wasn't really in the best mind to do anything or fully accept it (though Finn wondered if something happened to his dad as well).

"Okay, so I did heard you the first time. In that case... WHAT?!" Ice King shouted as the caslte shook from shock. The crown also glowed, apparently shocked by these events too. "I... I'm a dad... but how? Like... I don't even got a girlfriend and she's a teenager and I don't remember meeting anyone!" he said, trying to process this.

"No we did not." Marceline said under her breath.

Morgan smiled tearing, saying, "Its as much a mystery to me, I just know that Bubblegum tested my DNA and it was a much to your's." She wiped forming tears from her eyes. She then walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug.

Ice King looked stunned when he felt Morgan wrap her arms around him. However, something inside him stirred. He felt some bit in him telling him to embrace her back. "But like, how?? I thought Finn was the last human," he said after holding her in the hug for a while, trying to process everything.

"Wait, if the Princess tested your DNA, does that mean you know who the mom is?" Ice King asked as he held Morgan's shoulders.

"Apparently not." Marceline stated.

"No, there was no female DNA for her test against mine." Morgan replied. She knew who her mother was but she could tell that telling him would just complicate things.

"Wait, you sure?" Ice King said as he scratched the top of his head with a look of confusion. "But... like, something tells me I know her. Like, maybe you look like her," Ice King said as he got into a thinking pose trying to figure it out.

Finn meanwhile was thinking of an idea. He wondered of maybe there was a way to bring Betty to Ice King, even if she was gone. Maybe they could still at least be together in some way.

"Well Morgan, what do you think of Ice King? He's well... he's one of a kind," Diego told her. "You got that right," Ice King said with a smile.

"You were the one that was with her, not me." Morgan chuckled. "So far he's pretty awesome, definitely the best dad I've ever had."

"He's the only dad you've ever had." Jake stated.

"Shhh." She replied.

"Yeah, but my memory. Well, it's total blah. Like, there are some tapes and so on. I mean, I used to wear glasses, but I can't remember what else. I mean. you do look... kinda familiar," Ice King said as he scratched his head.

"Do you wanna see the video?" Finn said cautiously with Jake also looking a bit serious.

Diego wasn't sure what tape it was they were talking about.

"I'm sure it'll come to you." Morgan said with a smile.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Finn." Marceline whispered to him. "Right now she know the Ice King , it could be too painful to see how far gone he's gotten."

"I know, but she also has a right to know," Finn said before Jake sighed. "Yeah, but when she's ready, bro. I don't think she is right now," Jake explained. "Yeah, but it could hurt more in the long run the longer it takes for her to find out. But I don't know Ice king that well so I can't say," Diego confessed as he saw the two.

"PB said she's gonna try and track Betty down..." Finn noted.

"Well I imagine you have a lot to think about, so I'll let you process everything." Morgan said to the Ice King. "I'm staying at Marceline's house if you wanna talk later."

"I think that's our queue to leave." Marceline said.

"Yeah, though you know you're always welcome here. Here's my phone number," Ice King said as he wrote it down for Morgan.

Jake extended and grew while Finn waited for Morgan to be ready so he can help her on top of Jack. Diego meanwhile jumped from the window as the coptors appeared from his back. "What are your thoughts on all this, Marceline?" he asked her

"Thanks," Morgan smiled putting in her pocket, "I'll text you later." She climbed onto Jake, "Bye. I'll see you later, Dad." She called out.

Marceline followed Diego. "I'm trying to figure out the timeline." She stated. "Simon talked about Betty a lot, but he never mentioned them having a child. It's possible that after he put the crown on but before Betty was brought to Ooo she had a baby and just didn't tell him. What is confusing me is that I saw the handwriting on that note and it was Simon's, not the Ice King's. Simon's was always neat and elegant looking, Ice King's is more chicken scratch."

"Bye Morgan," Ice King said as he waved at her. Finn and Jake looked at one another in some qorry over how they were going to show Morgan what was it that exactly happened to Ice King/Simon Petrikov.

Diego was flying alongside Marceline trying to figure it out too. "I mean, it doesn't make sense. She'd have to have already given birth before he became ce King because y'all picked up Betty and not much had changed. Back when she disappeared or something," he asked her.

Morgan waved at him.

"I think it was a couple of months, maybe a year or two tops." Marceline said. "Morgan said she was raised by her grandparents, maybe Betty was pregnant when Simon of the crown on and whatever Simon said scared her so she had Morgan and left her with her parents."

"I suppose so, but that doesn't explain how Simon found out about all this... This is getting confisuing," Diego admittd as he was trying to figure out everything that is going on here.

"What did you think, Morgan?" Finn asked her as they headed back to the Candy Kingdom.

"Maybe time travel is involved in some way?" Morgan said in a questioning way. "I mean movies from before I was frozen used it as an easy explanation to get around plot holes."

"There were a few good uses of time travel." Marceline said.

"True, I really liked the ones like the third Harry Potter movie/book where time travel wasn't used to destroy timelines but help it along." Morgan replied.

"Not sure it works like that," Diego questioned. "Yeah, decisions can cause all of time to go bananas," Finn added, recalling his and Jake's first time meeting Prismo and Finn's attempt at stopping the Lich by wishing him out of existence didn't work out so well.

"What is that?" Jake said, raising his eyebrow looking at Morgan regarding what she was saying. He didn't do who Hairy Otter was or something like that.

"Besides, it took strong magic to bring Betty here and I think that might be what was happened," Finn noted after thinking.

Back
Top Bottom