Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's Just Human Nature (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Well, perhaps you can go tomorrow. I still need you to undergo medical examinations to see if there is any damage while also deciding decisions such as living conditions," Princess Bubblegum explained to Morgan. "You can stay here in the night though," she added. "Well, she can't live with us," Jake pointed out. Finn wanted to argue, but he knew his brother had a point. He wasn't sure himself where she could live.

"Yeah... he did alot to cheer me up regarding alot of this," Diego said as he looked down on his hands. He did think his nanobot-based powers were cool, but it was still something to note in regards to the loss of humanity. "He's a good person and I hope he finds his special lady. He deserves the happiness... well, my dad always told me that we were born to create our own happiness and share it with others," he said to Marceline while adjusting his glasses.

"I'm fine really." Morgan said trying to reassure Bubblegum she was alright. "I just to fill my stomach, take a hot shower, get some fresh clothes, and a good night's rest and I'll be good as new in the morning. As far as living conditions, as soon as I find a job I can live on my own."

"My Dad said happiness is me moving back to the Nightosphere and taking over after he retires." Marceline rolled her eyes, "which I have no intention of doing."

Princess Bubblegum sighed a bit. "There aren't many safe kingdoms for humans here. You can try and find a job here in the Candy Kingdom, but I am not sure what else you could do. What are some of your skills?" Princess Bubblegum asked her while Finn and Jake were also thinking of what else they could possibly do for a living.

"Well, you choose what you want to do. What makes you happy?" Diego asked her as he saw they were almost at the Candy Kingdom. He was looking at her with a smile.

"Cake." Morgan stated. "I'm really good at making cakes. Like my cakes look like works of art. Well I'm good at baking in general but cakes are my specialty just because of how elaborately I can decorate them."

"Playing music. I'm actually in a band and I write my own songs." Marveling said.

"Perhaps after you had a chance to dine and rest, maybe tomorrow you can show off how good you are at making cakes," Princess Bubblegum said with some interest. "That's cool! What else can you do?" Finn asked her as he was looking at her. Something about her seemed familiar, but he didn't know from where. "I mean, what else ddo you like to do?" he added.

"Oooh! That's cool! I'd like to hear some of those sometime," Diego told her with a smile. "Is... is there anyone that makes you happy?" he asked, turning away a bit so she doesn't see her blush.

Morgan smirked, "Then prepare to have your minds blown." She was already planning out what kind of cake she was going to do and how she would decorate it. "I'm pretty good at math and video games."

"You mean like a boyfriend?" Marceline asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, at least that's something you can bond with the boys with," Princess Bubblegum commented on as she let Morgan finish drinking her hot chocolate before presenting her with a plate from the dinner cart. "It is difficult though, in trying to find careers and such ehre. As you saw, its... different here," she explained.

"What?! Um... well... kinda," Diego said, tyring not to let her see his blush. He saw the walls as they were in coming.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Morgan said sarcastically.

"I did once, but he was kinda a jerk." Marceline said rolling her eyes.

"Sarcasm aside, I am serious here. There are few places you could probably live in besides the Candy Kingdom. At least in regards to stability and being able to live out a normal life, at least one you may be used to," Princess Bubblegum explained to her with a rather stern expression on her face.

"PB is kinda right. Not alot fo safe places here in Ooo," Finn explained to her. "Yeah, I mean there's a couple human settlements, but even then, they're still pretty different," Jake added. THey were merely concerned for her. "However, for now, we await Marceline and Diego's return to the Kingdom so I can give you a tour," Princess Bubblegum said.

"Sorry to hear about that. You dewserve someone nice and who can make you happy," Diego stated to her, facing her. Marceline from how he itneracted, may have been a bit rough, but she deserved happiness and was a good person. "We're almost there," he added, the castle clear in distance. "I wonder if the green pen means anything to her," Diego wondered.

"I don't want a life I'm used to." Morgan said. "My life before was garbage, I want to have a brand new start; a clean slate."

"I did learn that I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy." Marceline said before entering the lab. "All we found was this pen." She handed it to Morgan. "Does it mean anything to you?"

Morgan looked it over for a few moments before sighing. "I've never seen it before in my life, and I have no idea who S.P. is." She ran her finger along the engraved initials. "Was this all you found?"

"That and a bunch of ice."

"I understand, though Ooo is still a dangerous land regardless, with inhabitants with their own rules you may not be used," Princess Bubblegum said to her to try and be nice. She and Finn turned to see Diego and Marceline arrive back at the lab and what Marceline presented. "I wasn't able to detect anything with my ocular scanners," Diego added to them. "Well, I can try and scan the pen for anything," Princess Bubblegum offered.

Diego did look a bit saddened at what Marceline said, but didn't show it. "Well Morgan, I'll let you finish eating your meal before we continue your medical examinations. Finn, Jake, I assume you will be staying here to keep Morgan company. What will you be doing now, Marceline?" Princess Bubblegum. Diego didn't answer one what'd he do, but how his eyes looking at Marceline, he wouldn't mind spending time with the vampire queen.

"Go ahead." Morgan stated tossing the pen to Bubblegum.

"I was gonna head home and set up the couch in my bedroom for Morgan to sleep on." Marceline said. "I figured I could show her around Ooo and help her adjust since I'm one of few that know what life was like because the Mushroom War.

Princess Bubblegun took the pen and gingerly put it in a plastic baggy to be examined later before turning to Marceline in surprise at her offer. "That's oddly generous of you, Marceline, but I suppose that could be done. Of course, there will be the usual biz in regards to taking someone in," Princess Bubblegum said.

"Thanks, Marcie," Finn told her with a smile.

The group let Morgan finish her meal from the food cart and when she did, Princess Bubblegum instructed her to follow her. "I'll be doing medical exams on Morgan. She'll be staying here in the night so you guys do your biz," she told Finn and Jake before facining Marceline and Diego. "Diego, why don't you help Marceline prepare for when Morgan moves in. You okay with that?" he asked both.

"Y-yeah, I am," Diego said as he looked to Marceline once more.

"Okay let's go." Marceline said. She started going over things in her head that she needed to do to prepare for a human to move in, like getting groceries, clear out some closet space for her, stuff like that.

Meanwhile Morgan was dreading the examination more and more with each passing seasons.

Diego smiled and followed Marceline out of the room and heading through the castle and such. "Like, I know you're friends with Finn and Jake, but how do you know Pricness Bubblegum, if you don't mind me asking," Diego asked her while they were going through the castle.

Princess Bubblegum was scanning Morgan as she ran the medical tests to examine everything. Bonnibel then had a thought. "Hey Morgan, what do you think about Finn?" she asked her.

"Well, we used to date." Marceline said. "Broke up awhile back, we were on pretty bad terms for awhile, but now it's better. We can talk like friends without there being a problem."

"Why?" Morgan asked. "Are you trying to push me towards him because we're both human."

Diego did a double take to Marceline about that. He did blush a bit picturing Marceline and Bubblegum together, but he shook his head at the thoughts. "Well, it's good you cleared things up," he said. As they kept heading to her house, Diego began thinking more and more on this. "I hope I'm not bugging you with my questions and such. It's that... you're really cool and such and I guess I wanna know you better," Diego shyly confessed.

Princess Bubblegum sighed before facing Morgan. "I've known Finn for years and those early years were filled with... attempted courtships. I was a princess and he was a knight in all but name and rank. I... never pursued anything from that and we were merely friends. I'm too old for him... Yet, he is a good person. And I haven't always been the best companion or friend to him as I could've been, nor as open as I should've open. He has endured heartbreak over his years and I want him to be happy," Princess Bubblegum explained.

"I don't know if he may see you as more than a friend, but... don't hurt him," she said in a somewhat protective manner before sighing. "I may not have the luxury of romance, but you do and in fairness, there are not many beings one could settle with in Ooo. So you live your life the way you wish," Princess Bubblegum said as she kept her medical tests on Morgan.

"Nah you're good." Marceline said as she reached into her pocket for her house keys.

"Look, Bubblegum," Morgan said with a sigh, "I'm sure he is great and all, but I'm just not looking for a relationship. It isn't a wise decision to go into a relationship when you're broken and I am beyond broken. I need to fix myself first or else it wouldn't be fair to whoever I was dating. You say you don't have the luxury of romance, but is that you don't have the luxury or you're afraid of romance?"

Diego smiled back and entered her house when Marceline unlocked the door. "This is a nice place. How would you like me to help?" Diego asked her with a smile as he took a moment to look around her home.

Princess Bubblegum looked at Morgan and for a moment, Morgan could've seen Bubblegum's age and fury. "Here is a secret. I am over 900 years old. I devoted my life to the safety and security of my kingdom, its people and doing my part to protect Ooo. It is my responsability and I cannot blind myself to romance," she said as she sighed. "And take it from someone who made so many mistakes over her lifetime, you cannot fix yourself alone. Marceline and I only regained our friendship takes to Finn and even now, I admit his presence has made me into a better person," she confessed.

Finn was her champion and she had his support to be happy. She did sigh as she thought back to it. Those 5 years ago... where she was physically 13 and not burdened by the crown. Where she saw Finn differently... she indulged in it... relished the emotions and the time they spent together. Looking back, she couldn't blame Finn for how he reacted with everything.

"I know it hurts... but everything will be okay," she said after a period of silence.

"First off we need to get my room ready." Marceline said. "I have a couch in there that I think is still soft."

"Take it from someone who lost the only person who ever cared, sometimes you blind yourself to what you really want because it's easier." Morgan took a deep breath. "I had someone before I was frozen and that was the only reason I didn't just off myself. I left thinking I'd be gone for a few weeks tops to figure my life out and when I got back things would be better than ever between us. Fast forward a thousand years, I'm still broken and she's dead." She took another deep breath. "Worst of all, she spent the rest of her life looking for me, trying to figure out what happened to me, and she never found me or closure."

"All right them" Diego said as he spent the next hour or so helping Marceline prepare for Morgan to live with her. He would help with building stuff, moving stuff or whatever, all while talking with Marceline about all sort of stuff. Diego sighed. He had no idea had to date or ask someone out, and he wasn't sure if someone like her was interested in someone like him. "I think we did a pretty good job so far," Diego told her with a smile.

"My job is certainly not easy. It would've been easier to... give into my indulges, even if it would've left my kingdom without a sucessor," Princess Bubblegum began. She did wonder how things would be had Lemongrab been more competant from the start or if Cinnamon Bun had become fully baked sooner. Would she had been in any rush to grow up?

"You will find new people to care for you and vice versa. I know this because Marceline herself underwent similar pain," she added before she did one last exam. "Well, you are perfectly healthy. No chance of infection, sudden mutation or anything like that," she finished up.

"Yeah, its at least livable." Marceline said floating to her closet to push her clothes over to allow Morgan some space when a condom fell out of the pocket of a jacket.

"Good, I told you I was fine." Morgan said with a laugh.

Diego went over before blushing a bit as he saw the condom fell out of the pocket. He picked it up, his face glowing a tad from the blush. "I didn't think these would still be made," Diego said as he had no idea how to approach this and such. He wondered what Maarceline would say on the subject.

"Well, considering the past radioactive activity and so on, it was better to be safe and sorry," Princess Bubblegum affirmed. "I assume you would like a hot shower right about now," she asked Morgan.

"Yeah, they're hard to find but they are still made." Marceline sighed taking the condom and tossed it into the garbage can. "I haven't bought any for years so that one probably went bad a long time ago, which is just asking for problems."

"Please." Morgan said. "I still can't feel my toes."

Diego blushed a bit looking at the condom before looking back at Marceline. He was bliushing brightly at all of it before sighing a bit as he saw her throw it away. "I guess I figure that you don't do much of... that, knowadays," Diego commented as he helped Marceline finish cleaning up.

Princess Bubblegum had Peppermint Butler show Morgan to her room, which indlued a nice warm bed along with a hot shower for her. PB sighed as she sat down, wondering how to do with the revelations of a new human and what that could have on everyone else. She knew Finn might be drawn to her, but he has been acting a bit closed off when it came to romance... an element she feels partially responsible for.

She decided to go and investigate the pen over the night.

Back
Top Bottom