Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"I can go and get that later," Steven told Rai with a smile as he helped her down as he knew their food would arrive. Indeed, the for rang and when Diego went to get it, it was Peedee in a moped.

"Nice ride," Diego said as he grabbed the stuff.

“I have a surprise for you.” Rai said. She sat down on the couch and turned the tv on as Diego got their food. “I figured you might like to meet my mom, well kinda. She did a lot of interviews while she was pregnant because of how rare naturally conceived quads were and some after when they knew about me.”

Diego took the food for them while the rest of the Gems wondered what Rai had planned. "Did Steven ever show you the videos with Rose in them?" Amethyst asked curiously while Steven looked in awe at the tv with the interview about meeting Rai's mother.

“No.” Rai said before she began eating. “I’ve seen pictures of her and heard stories about her but that’s it.”

Molly looked like an older version of Rai, or rather Rai looked like a younger version of Molly. She appeared to be extremely excited to have four new babies on the way.

"Well, I guess then after this, I can show you the videos that my mom left me," Steven told her before he began digging and the family all began watching the video about Molly. "Wow, you look just like her and she seems to be as nice as you are," Steven commented with his usual happy grin.

“Yeah, she was really excited to be having what she thought was quadruplets.” Rai said with a melancholy smile. “My dad said when they were about to sew her back up after the c-section, they realized something was... off. He said that they were terrified something was wrong but then they pulled me out and I started crying immediately. My mom told my dad that I was small but strong. Apparently I was the only one that started crying immediately.”

Steven scooted over to Rai and squeezed her hand. She bore the same look he did when he thought of his mother. "She was right. You are very strong," Steven told her comfortingly while Diego kept seeing the interview and so on, noting how much mother and daughter were alike.

Rai smiled and kissed Steven before hugging him tightly.

“This is weird.” Pearl whispered to Diego. “It’s like looking at a future Raiden. I now have more respect for Sapphire and Garnet.”

Steven hugged Rai back, not wanting to harm the babies or bother them.

"Well, kids tend to be influenced by their parents, positively and or negatively. Steven is alot of the best parts of his parents while also being his own person," Diego told Pearl with a gentle smile.

"I don't know how I got lucky to meet someone awesome like you," Steven responded to her with a smile.

"Your mom definitely is as strong a woman as you said you are," Diego commented to Rai with a big compliment and smile.

“We kinda have to be since we’re both moms of multiples.” Rai said with a smile. “Carrying multiples is tough.”

Pearl finished eating and stood up saying, “I’m going to go see if Amethyst has a vhs player.”

"Definitely and my guess is that your kids will be as strong as you and Steven," Diego responded with a smile before seeing Pearl go off. He knew that Pearl was given difficulty eating, at lasting in regards to the pregnancy, but she seemed to be handling it well, all things considering.

"Either would be good though if they're both, then they will both have Pearls on them," Diego noted with a smile back at his friend. He then saw Pearl come back with the tapes, looking on with a smile.

“So what do you want Pearl?” Rai asked which was met with a confused look. “Do you want a boy or girl?”

Pearl sat down next to Diego after putting the things she was carrying down on the coffee table. “I’d be happy with either...”

“But?”

“I’d prefer a girl. That way I can dress her up in cute dresses.” Pearl said with a smile.

“So you want the whole frilly pink experienc, dresses and bows?” Rai asked.

“Yeah.” Pearl said with a nod.

"That does guarantee anything, Pearl. We might have a daughter like my brother or dad was, serious and stoic or even tomboyish, being more like Amethyst than you. Contrary, we may have a son who will like to dress in pretty dresses like that time Steven did," Diego noted with a smile.

"Boy, girl or in-between, as long we raise them to be good loving people, that is what matters," Diego added as he was looking to Pearl.

“I already know that I’ll be dressing my girls in matching outfits and my boy in a similar outfit.” Rai said as she finished her food. “Speaking of genders, I know what Sadie is having.” She teased.

“What is she having?” Pearl asked.

“I’m going to have a niece.” Rai replied excitedly. “She says after this they’re done with kids since they’ll have one of both.”

"Wonder if the kids will enjoy that," Diego said as he was eating his food and looking at Rai with a smirk. He smiled at hearing the news with Sadie. "Oh wow that's awesome! How is she doing by the way?" he asked, wanting to know more about their current state.

Steven himself smiled, wanting to know more.

"Well, that's pretty good news," Steven said with a smile. "How have you been feeling recently?" Diego asked Rai in response to how she was doing with her own pregnancy issues.

"Well, least you have Steven to carry you around everywhere if you wanted it," Diego told Rai teasingly while Steven began getting some water for Rai. "Yeah though what does that mean?" Amethyst asked, in regards to her pregnancy.

“I can still walk, Diego, but I have one week until I’m put on bed rest when I’ll only be able to get up to pee.” Rai said rubbing her belly. “They’re just running out of room in there.”

"I know, you know I'm just messing with you a little," Diego told Rai as he saw Steven come back with a big cup of water for Rai. "But do take it easy," he added while Amethyst went over to see. "maybe you need eat more? Since they do eat from you?" Amethyst tried to suggest to Rai.

Back
Top Bottom