Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Pearl was waiting at the beach. “Steven, everything’s fine now.” She said trying to sound as calm as possible. “Your dad wasn’t feeling good and Rai brought him to the hospital. She’s been updating me because you weren’t reply so figured you didn’t have signal. Anyway he’s fine now, and Rai is still with him.”

Steven went to hug Pearl, trying to calm down. He sighed in relief at his dad being okay before he ran to the hospital.

"PEARL! PEARL! YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT WE FOUND!" Diego shouted at her as he went to the woman he loved. He had a bucnh of good news to tell her.

Pearl texted Rai to tell her that Steven was on the way. She told Greg that she was going to the lobby of the hospital to go get Steven and was waiting for him.

“Can it wait, Diego?” Pearl asked. “I kinda just lied to Steven. Greg wasn’t just not feeling good.”

"Wait, what? What happened with Greg? Is he okay?" Diego said, becomign much more serious when she told him that she had to deflect the truth, though he figured Steven could still help his dad with his healing powers.

Steven meanwhile was running over to the hospital, having a bad gut feeling about what was going to happen.

“He was having chest pains and the doctors said it was a heart attack.” Pearl explained. “Luckily Rai knew what the chest pains were and got him to the hospital.”

Rai sat down in a chair waiting for Steven.

Diego took a deep breath and sighed. "Oh yikes. I wonder why though. I mean, Greg is only slightly overweight at best and even then, he eats pretty heathily," Diego wondered as he wondered what it could be that was wrong.

"I do have some good news," he said to her, remembering what he wished to tell her.

"How's Dad?! Is everything okay?!" Steven said as he went over to Rai, calmer, but still nervous.

“I looked it up. It could be genetics, stress, and a number of other things.” Pearl explained. “I’m just glad that Rai was here otherwise no one would know that it was that serious.” She shivered at the thought of what could have happened.

Rai carefully got out of the chair (mostly because of her belly). She hugged Steven trying to help him calm down. “He’s fine, now.” She explained after letting go of Steven. “He had a small heart attack and he’s going to stay here overnight for observation. The doctors said that he’ll be fine but want him to talk to his primary doctor about preventing a worse one in the future.” She took Steven’s hand and walked towards an elevator. “I didn’t leave his side the entire time.”

"Well, he has been dealing with alot of stuff with Steven and the others," Diego said before he saw Peridot gently carry the equipment. "Pearl, come to look at this. With this... we could... we could... you could give birth to the baby and they would have their own Gem without you losing your body!" Diego said, unable to contain himself.

Steven took a deep breath to calm down considerably. He paled upon hearing the heart attack and sighed. "Thank you so much," he said, hugging her. " I think it's because of all the stres... though dad did mention some gene stuff when he talked about the family history," he added.

“What?” Pearl asked looking at Diego confused.

“You don’t have to thank me, Steven, he’s practically family.” Rai said with a smile. Once they were in the elevator she pressed the button for the correct floor. “He’s probably going to be a bit groggy from the medications.”

"When we went to the city, we found out that there were Gems that had kids with humans or half-gem and half-human hybrids having kids with Gems. The technology... it means you can give birth to our child and be around to raise them," Diego said, trying his best to explain.

Steven smiled at hugging Rai, feeling better. "All right, but yeah. I'll wanna stay home to take care of him," he said.

Pearl stared straight ahead trying to process what she had jut been told. It wasn’t exactly easy to wrap her head around what was said.

“I know.” Rai said giving Steven a side hug. “Luckily we have a guest room so when we go home tonight we’ll get it ready for him to stay in.”

Diego went to take Pearl's hand to lead her to Peridot, who was examining the tools and equipment and noted she was becoming more excited as she was observing the new exotic technology.

"Thanks so much! Oh man we also found something really cool. Diego found some technology that could led humans and Gems have kids without the Gems having to give up their gem," Steven said to her, changing the subject excitedly.

“How did I now know about this?” Pearl asked as she looked everything over.

“That’s cool.” Rai said as the elevator stopped and she lead Steven out into the hallway.

"They were probably formed from the first Gem scouts and later lost Gems. Atlantis was probably a super nation and the activity caused by the Kidnergartens caused the landform to collapse under the ocean. The loss of such a nation early on meant that human civilization went back to hunting and gathering by the Gem War started," Diego said as he was thinking at intense speeds and formulating hypothesises.

"That means Pearl could have her baby without her body disappearing," Steven said with a smile as he was thinking of the possiiblties.

“Yes But Rose and I knew everything that Gems did, how did we not know about this?” Pearl asked confused.

“We can talk more about it later at home, okay?” Rai said with a smile.

"My guess was that these Gems kept the secret from everyone in the same way Atlantis would keep their existence from the rest of people except in folklore. They didn't want to involve themselves. I mean, ya'll nor Homeworld Gems know everything," Diego said as he was looking at the equipment.

"All right," Steven said with a smile before he leaned in to give Rai a kiss on the cheek. "We almost there?" he asked her, worried about his dad.

“But there was never any folklore about this sort of thing.” Pearl explained. “We genuinely thought Steven was the first gem/human hybrid.”

“We’re here.” Rai stopped in front of a door. “He’s in there. I’ll give you two some time alone. Plus I have three babies pushing on my bladder, and I have to pee sooooo bad.” She kissed Steven’s cheek before walking off to find a bathroom.

“I guess they must’ve kept it secret. That, or maybe they all fled to a different planet,” Diego said, thinking of the various possibilities that could’ve happened. They would need to go back and see if they could find anything more.

“Thanks,” he told her with a smile before Steven went to see Greg. “Hey dad, how are you feeling?” He asked him with a smile.

“It’s a lot to take in.” Pearl said before sitting down.

“Hey Schtu-ball.” Greg said with a smile from the bed and a wave. He was in a hospital gown and had a bunch of machines hooked up to him.

"i figured... but now we can raise our child together," Diego told Pearl with a soft smile as he clasped her hands with a loving smile.

Steven went over to carefully hug his dad. "How are you feeling? Anything I can do to help?" Steven asked him, relieved that his father was okay for the most part.

Pearl smiles and kissed Diego passionately.

“I’m doing better.” Greg chuckled. “I’m more worried about Rai, she’s probably tired from being on her feet this whole time.”

Diego returned the kiss as he held Pearl before they were interrupted by Peridot, who looked awkward and embarrassed having watched their little moment.

“She went to use the restroom. But I guess I’m kinda worried because of the heart attack,” Steven confessed to her.

Pearl blushed, saying, “Sorry.”

“I’ll be fine. The doctor want me to exercise more and to take medication.” Greg said trying to make Steven worry less.

“Congrats though. So I won’t lose my friend and you can still raise your child,” Peridot said before she smiled. “Come look at the equipment. Ancient humanity was incredible. This is equal to the best of Homeworld. Simple but brilliant,” she added.

“I know, but I wish I could make things less stressful for you,” Steven said as he hugged his dad back.

Back
Top Bottom