Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

“I’ll talk to you about it later.” Rai answered kissing Steven’s cheek. “Who else wants to feel them moving?” Pearl sheepishly raised her hand. “Then get over here, Pearl.” When Pearl walked over, Rai put Pearl’s hand on her stomach and waited. “Did you feel that?”

“Yeah... are they normally that strong? That’s stronger than Steven when Rose was 20 weeks along.” Pearl asked.

“Well there are three of them so there’s less room and so it just feels like they’re stronger.” Rai explained.

Steven looked to Rai and just squeezed her hand, but he decided to drop the issue for the time being. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Pearl go over to feel the babies. He saw Amethyst and Garnet also raise their hands, but Amethyst went first, being careful to place her hand on Rai's tummy.

"Woah..." was all she could say, still amazed at human procreation.

“Yeah it’s pretty great until they start kicking my bladder.” Rai chuckled. She looked at Steven and back at the gems. “I’ve been thinking; when I get them baptized, we need god parents for them. I’m sure Steven will agree with me, but I want you three to be their god-moms.”

“What does that mean?” Pearl asked.

“It’s a Christian thing,” Rai explained. “It basically means if something were to happen to me and Steven, you three would get custody of them and raise them. God forbid that happens.”

"Sure, we always got your back. Besides, Greg and your family would be there to help so we wouldn't mess things up," Amethyst said after a bit of thought. She really didn't get the whole thing with religon, but she did understand that this was a big deal that Rai was talking about.

"Yeah, I'm in agreement," Stevem said, noting on what Rai said.

Rai smiled and hugged the Gems. “The ceremony won’t be for awhile after their born. I’ll probably get with Dennis and arrange for them to be baptized at the same time as his new baby so family doesn’t have to do two trips.”

"Yeah, that will make sense," Steven said with a smile while he saw the Gems hug Rai back.

"How does your dad feeling about the Gems?" Greg asked, curiously.

“I haven’t asked.” Rai answered after thinking about it. “I don’t really think he see them as being anymore different than anyone else.”

“Uh I think he meant with the whole dangerous missions you went on before you got pregnant.” Amethyst commented.

“Honestly the man has seven kids, a restuarant, and a full time job, there’s a lot of shit that my siblings and I do that that man misses. That’s how Dennis knocked Sadie up, Steven knocked me up, and Alice lives with Sour Cream because my dad just doesn’t notice everything. Andrei stayed with his boyfriend for a month before my dad realized he was gone because he assumed half the time he was seeing Andrei and half the time he was seeing Darien, when really it was just Darien. He probably doesn’t even know I go on life threatening missions.”

"Oh man, you ever plan on telling him?" Greg couldn't help but ask in regards to what the dad did and did not know. "I don't think he will take it well," Steven noted with some thought about the whole thing.

“I don’t plan on telling him.” Rai admitted. “Why needlessly worry him? As long as I’m still alive, I don’t see much point in telling him.”

"Well, what if you get hurt or something?" Steven mentioned while Greg noticing some of the Gems facepalming at what Rai said.

Rai kissed Steven on the lips. “Honey, I don’t intend on going on many more missions.” She explained. “Someone has to stay home with the triplets.”

"Yeah, that's true, though I wonder how will things go once the missions stop and if the kids would go on some when they're ready, if there are still missions," Steven said as he kissed her back, and thinking about the future.

“I imagine they’ll want to go on missions.” Rai remarked, resting her head on Steven’s shoulder. “They’ll probably see you going on them and want to go. That’s how my siblings and I were as kids.”

"Yeah, that's true, though I wonder how many missions are left. It is mainly finding whatever corrupted gems there are left," Greg noted while Steven nodded, all while he was thinking about everything that was going on.

“Yeah but we’ll probably think there’s none left and then find like thirty more.” Rai said knowing that had happened to them before. She yawned. “If you guys don’t mind I’m gonna head home to take a nap. Carry three babies automatically adds nearly two pounds of babies, then add the extra weight I’ve gained, and I get exhausted rather quickly. I’ll probably be put on bed rest in a couple of weeks.”

"Yeah, that's true, though the scanners Peridot helped build will help out alot," Steven added as he remembered that. He smiled at Rai. "You want me to carry you home?" Steven asked her with a smile on his face.

“No I can walk but I’ll let you know if it gets to be too much.” Rai said with a smile, kissing his cheek. She could still walk but it was becoming increasing difficult to do so.

"All right, if you're sure," Steve says to Rai with a smile as he was holding her hand. "Don't pursh yourself too hard. You look tired," Amethyst noted with concern.

“I’ll be fine.” Rai assured everyone. “But if I get too tired, I’ll have Steven carry me the rest of way. Exercising is important for a healthy pregnancy but I know what I’m going overboard.”

"All right then. We should probably get alot of rest soon. We do have a trip to a supposed lost cities that may or may not contain secres unknown even to Gemkind," Diego said as his hand went to Pearl's and squeezed it.

“I think Peridot said something about the ship being ready in the next couple of days.” Pearl said as she squeezed Diego’s hand back.

"Yeah and there... we gotta be ready. Who knows what we will find?" Diego notes to them with a smile of excitement.

"Indeed, whatever is there can interfere with my future vision," Garnet added.

“I think it goes without saying that I won’t be going.” Pearl stated now that Rai and Steven had left. “Too many risks involved in it with me being pregnant and all.” She put a hand on her stomach.

“It’s so weird to think you’re gonna be a mop.” Amethyst said.

“Don’t you mean ‘mom’, Amethyst?” Pearl asked with a confused look.

“Nope, you’re gonna be a mop.” Amethyst replied with a big smile on her face, already proud of the joke she was about to say. “You’re gonna be a mother of pearl!”

Garnet was still thinking, wondering what could be there. She was taking this more seriously than Diego expected. However, both were disrupted from their train of thought when they heard Amethyst's colossal pun.

Diego slapped his face while chuckling. "Oh gosh, that was lousy, Amethyst," he said.

Back
Top Bottom