Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Congratulations to the both of you!" Greg said as he hugged both of them with a big smile on his face while Steven was laughing.

Garnet put aside her current musings for her and Amethyst to also give their hugs

“You think you’ll be able to handle two granddaughters?” Rai asked Greg as she hugged him.

“I think you should ask your dad if he’s for four grandkids.” Amethyst teased.

“Five actually, Sadie found out she’s pregnant.” Rai explained.

“Wow there’s gonna be five new babies in Beach City.” Amethyst joked before realizing Pearl wasn’t telling Steven and Rai that she was pregnant yet.

“Nope just four. Mason is already born so he doesn’t count.” Rai said assuming Amethyst counted him in that.

"Well, I've been able to do a godo job in doing so with Steven," Greg said with a big smile on his face. "Besides, the Gems are here to help as well," he added with a smile.

"Beach City is definitely growing," Steven added with a smile on his face and wondered what Amethyst was talking about, assuming she also meant Mason and so on.

“Girls are different though.” Rai chuckled. “When they get older, they’re gonna wanna do your hair and give you a makeover. My sisters and I did that to our dad so they’re probably gonna do that to Steven and their grandpas.”

"Well, that sounds all right," Steven says with a shrug of his shoulders and a smile on his face. "As long as they don't mess too much with the hair, though Steven has always been different so I figure the girls would be different too," Greg says with his own shrug.

“I guarantee they will have your hair in pigtails and braids.” Rai joked. “But I’ll make sure they have fake scissors so you won’t end up getting a short haircut after they massacre it.”

“I’m glad mine is short.” Pearl chuckled.

“Yup Greg and Amethyst are screwed!” Rai responded. “It’s definitely gone be fun for me to have to try to detangle all that hair and god forbid the girls get a hair tie stuck in there.”

"Eh, it won't be a big deal, I can just reform my hair to be shorter," Amethyst said with a smile as she transformed herself to have a pixie cut before transforming back to her original self.

Steven and Greg just laughed both of them in response. "Well, I am better at transforming so I can change my hair a bit," Steven said with a smile of his own.

“Quick gimme your hand Steven.” Rai said and when he did, she put it on the side of her stomach. There was a pause in which Steven could feel movement and she asked, smiling, “Did you feel that?”

Steven presented his hand to Rai when she asked and when he had it on her tummy, he could feel movement. A massive beaming smile on his face appeared. "YEAH! Our kids!" Steven said with stars in his eyes and an awesome smile on his face.

“Well that’s one of our kids. Based on their positioning, my guess would be our son.” Rai said with a smile before kissing Steven. “It’s your first time feeling any of them moving.”

“I bet you he had you talking about his sisters and wanted to remind you that he still exists.” Amethyst joked.

“Maybe.” Rai chuckled.

“Do you mind if I feel?” Pearl asked sheepishly.

“When Steven’s done, you guys can feel. He is the father after all.” Rai answered.

"Oh wow, that's incredible," Steven said as he was feeling the kids. He then kissed her tummy. "We're all gonna be here for youu," he whispered.

“Are you trying to get them to recognize your voice?” Rai asked.

“Can they do that?” Pearl asked

“It depends. Babies are born recognizing their mother’s voice because they have to listen to it since they began being able to hear. They don’t recognize other voices as being like their dad or uncle or any of that, but I think they can recognize it being a voice they’d heard a lot.” Rai explained, waiting for Steven to finish feeling her stomach. “It’ll take them a couple of weeks after birth to know Steven’s voice and know who he is.”

"Well, it looks like I will have to talk alot to them then," Steven said with a smile as he was stroking Rai's tummy with a smile.

"It was the same with Rose and I," Greg said with a nostalgic smile.

“When my mom had us quints, we had to stay in the NICU for awhile so my parents had voice recordings of them telling stories and singing. I still have mine.” Rai said before looking at Greg. “You wanna feel?”

"Sure," Greg said as he wondering about it. "Granted, Steven can heal you so it shouldn't be much of a problem," he added, trying to reassure Rai on her giving birth.

“My doctor says I’ll most likely be having a c-section.” Rai explained. “There’s this huge with the twins and their umbilical cords possibly wrapping around their necks, so it’s just be safer for me to be cut open.” She put Greg’s hand on the same spot she’d put Steven’s.

"Yeah that makes sense, but you won't have to worry about scarring thanks to Steven's healing," Greg noted before he smiled at feeling his grandkids in Rai. "It seems just like yesterday that I was with Rose with this. Man, how time flies," Greg said with a chuckle.

“She was lucky, she only had Steven in her.” Rai joked. “I have three of them in there and I have significantly less space for them.”

After a few minutes, one of the babies moved and kicked Greg’s hand. “That was a strong kick.”

"Yeah, but she was also a Gem. Though she could've changed her size to git. Granted, she was also plenty tall and big," Greg said with a smile of his own and felt the kick. "Looks like they can tell I'm here. How has your family felt overall?" Greg couldn't help but ask her.

“My siblings were always super stoked about it but my dad’s come around to the idea. I think his problem was that I’d use being pregnant as an excuse not to finish school but I’m still going to school.” Rai explained. “He’s even started writing down tips for how to handle multiples.” She was rubbing her belly as she talked.

"Yeah, though we would all help with that," Steven told Rai with a smile as he embraced her. "You're gonna do great," Greg said.

“Yes but having multiples is still gonna be hard.” Rai explained. “And there’s gonna be a point when we have to take care of all three of them on our own. I was about two and a half when my dad started taking care of all seven of us by himself and he definitely had a hard time with a five year old starting kindergarten, a four year old starting preschool, and five two and a half year olds that were newly potty trained, all while having a full time job. Granted while he was at work the other quints and I were at daycare, but that still meant when he got home he had to help two kids with homework, cook dinner, make sure none of us quints were having accidents or getting into thing we shouldn’t have, give seven kids baths, put all seven of us to sleep, clean the house because by then it was a disaster, and pack lunches for seven kids and himself. I seriously don’t know how that man isn’t dead from exhaustion.”

“Well, first, impressive kudos to the man,” Greg said with a smile before putting a hand in Rai’s shoulder. “You have all of us. Me, the Crystal Gems and yeah I’m including Lapis and Peridot too,” Greg told her with a bigger smile.

“And the whole town is there for one another,” Steven added with a smile on his face.

“Yeah my dad is pretty amazing.” Rai said with a smile. “I don’t know how he’s managed to keep everything together for so long.”

She didn’t mention how she was worried about her father. Three of the seven of his kids had moved out and two of those were parents. She worried what might happen to Chris when all of his children moved out, he had never really been able to grieve Molly dying and that’s what scared Rai. What would happen to him when he was finally alone with his thoughts?

Steven saw it. There was a glimpse in Rai's eye. She would get it when she would be brielfy worried about something, but she would try and hide it.

"Rai, what is it?" Steven asked as he squeezed her hand. "Everything okay?" he asked her, him looking into her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom