Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

"DIego did say that, but he also said that when that would get old, they'd have nothing else to do," Garth recalled what their friend said. "Heck, it's why most stuff is more optimistic nowadays," he added.

"Heya sweetie," Diego said, kissing Starfire.

“I’m kinda of a pessimist by nature.” Mynx admitted. “I tend to see the glass as half empty even when it’s full.”

Starfire stirred still trying to wake up.

“That’s kinda a bad attitude to have a heroine, especially when things are getting better,” Melvin points out.

Diego was storking his wife’s hair lovingly.

“I would disagree, I think it makes me more wary of potential threats and it makes me work harder to make the world suck less.” Mynx explained.

When Starfire had woken up fully, she rolled over to face Diego.

"Yeah, but alot of grownups tend to think the world sucks and they don't do anything to change it... least thats how it used to be," Melvin siad, recalling what Diego had told ehr during a babysitting gig.

"Good morning, how are you?" Diego asked Starfire with a smile as he kissed her forehead.

“And those people are called punk ass bitches.” Mynx said. She rarely cussed or even alluded to inappropriate things around her children, so her saying two cuss words was kinda a big deal.

“Still a bit tired but I expect that to continue throughout the pregnancy.” Starfire states.

"Wow, you must be pretty upset to use two swear words... I guess you don't like those sort of negative people," Garth said, surprised at hearing Mynx curse.

"Well true, though you probably still have alot of energy," Diego told her with a smile as he embraces her from the side and kisses her neck.

“Nope,” Mynx said as she took a sip of her coffee, “anyone can complain about the world it, yet barely anyone actually does something to fix it.”

“I will not have much energy during the beginning of the pregnancy because my body is focusing on creating a healthy baby, and towards the end I will not have energy because I will be carry around nearly twenty pounds. And that is just the baby and the placenta, I will also have larger breasts and any extra weight I have gained.” Starfire explained.

"That's why we wanna help make the world a better place," Melvin siad with a smile while her siblings cheered. "Yeah, we all have to do what we can," Garth said with a smile.

"Yeah, but you also draw energy from around and can lift entire cars and buildings like nothing," Diego said to his wife while snuggling up to her. 'Besides, that just means I'll do more to take care of you," he added.

“That’s good.” Mynx commented ruffling the hair of each of her children.

“Yes but a Tamaranian pregnancy is more... extreme than a human one.” Starfire explained.

“Looks like you’re being a good role model to them,” Garth told Mynx with a smile on his face.

“And I’ll do everything to protect you and make sure you’re comfortable,” Diego told Starfire as he kissed her. “Are you hungry? Anything you wanna do?” He asked as he sat up.

Garth then got a message. He became serious before responding in Atlantean and hanging up. “We need to head to Atlantis. One of the ambassadors discovered something they said would be great interest to you,” Garth said.

“Well, looks like we’re going to be relaxing unless there’s anything special you wanna do,” Diego said, squeezing Starfire’s tits before he got a call on the communicator.

He was in vacation, but this one was personal. “Diego, it’s Nightwing. Come to the tower. Robin found something you need to hear. Starfire Can come too,” Dick’s voice said.

“You wanna come or stay put?” Diego said as he was getting dressed.

“Okay, as long as we get back for dinner.” Mynx said quickly paying their bill and get into the vehicle. “Did they say anything about it?”

“Let me get dressed.” Starfire said getting up and heading for the closet.

"No, apparently it must be top secret," Garth said as he got the leftovers into a box and the kids promptly got into the van.

""You sure you wanna go? I don't want you to stress yourslef out," Diego told Starfire.

“I wonder if they found that thing.” Mynx said alluding to her clone but not wanting to outright say it infront of the kids.

“No I am good!” Starfire quickly got dressed and exited the closet.

“I’m guessing that was the likely thing,” Garth said to her while they were driving back. “Where do we leave the kids?” He asked Mynx.

“Can you fly us there?” Diego asked Starfire once he was ready

“Hey, kids, you wanna go hang out with Aunt Raven?” Mynx asked.

“Can we not teleport?” Starfire asked. She didn’t want to overdo it and wear herself out.

“Actually, Aunt Raven said she was gonna go to a meeting with the original Titans,” Melvin noted as she pointed her phone. “I wonder if Nightwing found something,” Garth noted.

“Teleporters are on maintenance,” Diego began before a large sound was heard and when he opened the door, he saw it was Cyborg and Beast Boy. “Need a ride, guys?” Cyborg asked on the T-Ship.

“Do you guys wanna go to the Watchtower?” Mynx asked not wanting to leave them at home even if it was with a sitter.

“Yes please.” Starfire answred. “How did you know we’d need a ride?”

“Won’t they all be busy though?” Melvin added, wondering where else they could all go to be with.

“Well, We kinda figures you’d need a ride given you’re pregnant and all,” Cyborg said as he helped the two into the T-Ship to head back to the Tower.

“I’m sure we can find someone to watch you. That’s the benefit of me being related to so many people.” Mynx said, ocassionally looking up into the rear view mirror to look at the kids.

“Thank you.” Starfire said with a smile.

"Who would you recommend?" Garth asked, thinking about what is it that the guards and ambassador have found out.

Once they were all in, they were heading to the Tower. "What's going on?" Diego asked. "Don't know. Nightwing said it involved you personally and from the tech I got a glimpse, it's big," Cyborg noted.

“I’m thinking one of my parents.” Mynx said. She knew most of them would take sometime away from their schedule to watch the three kids while Mynx and Garth would be busy.

Starfire took Diego’s hand, squeezing it to show support.

“Which one though?” Garth asked. “Alternately, I could ask my former teammates to help,” he suggested, regarding Speedy, now Arsenal, Mas y Menos, and Bumblebee.

Diego squeezed the hand back smiling. “I wonder if this is related to how you got your ice powers, dude,” Beast Boy noted.

Back
Top Bottom