Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) OOC Chat

khan said:
Anyone can suggest a fitting deity for Armine?

It does kindof depend on what you want - any that mystictiger would seem to work. My understanding is that clerics have restrictions on alignment for deities but normal people don't (but are expected to follow the dogma of the deity so would often be close).

As your finding your new life Finder Wyvernspur might work as a god of Reckless Fools and also the Cycles of Life (maybe work for you as well lilithsboy depending on how Aladron views how his life has went).

But it kindof depends on what you want from a deity.

Bane might work for Armine also if she was a slave in Thay for example and you want to roleplay coming to terms with freedom after being raised to believe in the God of Tyranny - it really depends on what you want for your character (and potentially what ideal they want to live up to even if they are not there yet).

Sharess is basically the goddess of Lust. That might work.

The gods of slavery tend to be evil.

Servants? Hrm. Siamorph is the Goddess of nobles.

Siamorphe does stand for rightful servitude. In addition, a god need not have it as part of their portfolio to represent it. Many gods are subordinate to other gods, so simply worshiping a lesser deity in service to another should fit that tone.

Ok, Siamorphe was definitively interesting but I'm thinking Armine would worship either Uthgar or Tempus and also Sharess, maybe even Sune as well.

Yeah but her previous owners certainly could have and she could have already grown used to that, nonetheless Uthgar/Tempus + Sharess seem to be the ones she'd go for.

There are a vast number of deities to pick from. Your characters may not agree with every facet of their portfolio, but that is alright. Furthermore, it is alright to respect and venerate several gods. Many people in the setting don't have a patron deity that they pray to above all others, some don't even care about the gods.

Tempus would be a good pick for Armine.

As for Red Knight, she is lawful neutral as we're not using the 4th or 5th edition stats, but rather the 3rd edition ones.

Rivine, dancrilis pointed out that the ascension of Midnight to replace the dead Mystra is a known and observed holiday, meaning her death would be common knowledge.

To my mind at least, most people are going to be a wee bit polytheistic. That is, if you're about to go on a sea journey, you make a sacrifice at Umberlee's temple. Just in case. If you're about to go on a hot first date, a quick muttered pray to Sune. You might have one god, but insurance / common-sense says to spread around the offerings / prayers.

In Horatio's case:
Tymora! Because fortune favours the bold
Sharess! Because werecats are the closest thing I can find to Kitsune in FR canon
Deneir! Because artisan / crafting.

But mostly Tymora. "Luck be a lady"

In the sense of making art rather than artifice. Artwork, painting, calligraphy - that kind of thing. I see Gond as more... "Engineering", whereas Deneir and Oghma are more "Arts & Craft"

But having refreshed my memory, all four of the House of Knowledge seem appropriate. Even though Milil sounds like a pharmaceutical, or a haircare product.

Also, Mystra's ascension is known and celebrated by her priests. So it would be somewhat common knowledge, but less concerning to those that don't use magic I suspect.

So Kelman would know about it. I'll edit my sheet again.

Also, any thoughts on why our chars are in this town?

Would it be possible to have a racial pantheon as Lyre's patron? She does pay her respects to Mystra as the mistress of magic, but... her main loyalty would be to her racial gods as a whole.

That's perfectly fine. Basically, this is just an RP tool that may have minor plot implications.

Speaking of which, may I "create" an obscure/dead demigod/lesser deity? There isn't a single deity that uses the shortbow.

It is very common for elves, dwarves and others with a smaller pantheon to respect most of their race's gods. So that would be acceptable in my eyes.

As for what brings everyone to town, I am not a believer in having wrote reasons for each character's presence. Some might be passing through initially, perhaps others heard rumors of work, maybe our paladin heard of a nearby evil she wishes to investigate. In short, it is not for me to dictate why they are there, but rather I will be providing reasons for them to work together.

My character is looking for obscure text that might give him some clue to whatever the fuck happened to him as such he is used to traveling to out of the way places in search of libraries and books that no one else would be bothered to even pick up. It is why he has so many languages and also chose linguistics as a skill.

Added in my spellbook, and will likely just be traveling the area in search of a few pieces of mystical lore that Lyre heard about in the area... or wants to try and interview a doppleganger... or run some non-invasive tests on were-rats from a safe distance.

Sune'lel will likely be there exploring towns and villages for local songs she can learn from and to assist with wrongs she might be able to help right.

I was thinking that Kelman was sent to clear undead from ruins, though naturally he wouldn't be alone.

Would have no issue teaming up before hand to clear some undead (assuming they are mindless and need to be put to rest, or if they are intelligent and neferious and not able to be reasoned with - intelligent creatures should of course be treated with due compassion and encouraged to exist in a Good manner).

Well the village you'll all be starting in is a bit more of a way point. Somewhere none of you were likely expecting to go, but find yourselves there.

I would also like everyone to keep in mind that player knowledge and character knowledge are separate. While each of us may know things about the setting and locations, the characters would not have that same knowledge. They have checks and such they must succeed in to know things, quest to go on to gain information and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom