Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) OOC Chat

I realise that Horatio has some fairly obscene social skills. It isn't my intention at all to muscle to the front and be the 'one' Face. My plan was, rather, to be the "get out of jail" backup. Because any social check I make is going to be long-winded, embellished, and quite possibly not actually accurate / true. You mortals just need to laugh more...

Oh, and have a cup of tea. And biscuits!

He is also objectively a superior creature to Sune'lel on attributes ... I need to learn to roll better :)

You might want to add his sheet to your Character Profiles post though for ease.

I'm not going to step on someone's toes. I will always be plan B.

After you milady.
*checks out the plated posterior*
*grins*
*writes song about it*

I wouldn't worry about it, Mystictiger. Some of our chars have specialized skills (yours, Khan's HGG's), others are more spread out. You also aren't the only one who rolled ridiculously well. HGG's lowest attribute was only 1 pt worse than my highest.

I generally find online dice rollers to be either SUPERB or TERRIBLE. I once ran a session of L5R in which the entire party botched more than they succeeded. Fun times.

Ahem.

So! My suggestion for Barbarian-Soothing:

1) Sleep
2) Grease
3) Fascinate
4) Lullaby
5) A large net.

In fairness to dice rollers - I also often find that dice rolling in reality often seems to occassionally return statistically unlikely great or terrible results.

But not about the dice but about the characters :)

For stopping the barbarian ... we could run, she can only move so fast and still attack and is confused so might not chase or attack - other than that non-lethal damage might work, Lel is ok at fighting that way.

Yea but charging only covers move*2 where run is move*4 so they will only get there attack of opportunity when you try to run away (and that is ignoring rounds where they act normally, does nothing, or hits themselves).

Moot point I suppose - Sune'lel would likely feel the need to engage and try to prevent them hurting someone innocent (or maybe anyone at all), I don't see that going well for her though.

Bad thing about the superstition power it that it will not work on her own confusion, so that will only make her harder to stop with spells :p

And yeah barbarians are fast, and if she gets to you she might just grapple you and not let you run anymore^^

I'll buy a net.

Or sleep darts. We'll be really rock-and-roll and have band-members actually shooting up. Or... well... getting shot up.

Alternatively ... if we never kill anyone or have anyone cast mind controlling magic at us it should never be an issue, peace and harmony for the win :)

I'll be having something of... well, and enchantment focus at first, though that will change from time to time as I study things.....

And I have a possible allowing reason for positive energy spells. Allow them to 'overload'. If a creature gets temporary HP over 50% of it's max HP while it's at max health... they explode. It's even in the rules :p Healing spells would just have that pesky safety feature added in that prevents explosions.

I'm just wondering, but is it wrong to think of developing spells and items to weaponize positive energy? To turn the source of healing and life into a symbol of betrayal and pain? To grant wands and devices to villains, so that people can be engulfed in torrents of blinding healing energies until their bodies can no longer contain the energies, their bodies writhing and rippling, swelling up as they become so alive they explode, screaming in a scintillating burst of vital energies?

Or to slip items that remove the limits from healing spells in the area? So that as a healer tries to bring health to their charges, they will watch, as with pain rippling though them, they die, bursting and shrieking?

And all of this, done just to prove a point?

Wrong morally? To do it probably, to think about it probably not (after all if you don't consider an attack how can you defend against it).

But I suspect it isn't feasible - the Hallowed Necromancer is a Wizard who channels positive energy as necromantic cure spells to harm undead ... but they don't heal the living.

It is possible that Arcane magic has a deitific block on healing outside of specific use cases (bards for instance), this would make sense in the Forgotten Realms specifically where AO has decried that the gods need to give a be concerned about there worship base and so maintaining a monoply on healing makes sense - the carrot to the stick represented by the wall of the faithless.

Also, I think that in part, it's the moral divide at play. Besides, if I just use it as the Healing subschool is described.... I'd actually just be creating a portal from the positive energy plane, and letting that energy run rampant. Nothing more then little portals and blasting bolts of energy towards nice, juicy targets ripe for exploding.

And really? For the most part, it's a reaction on my part to show that positive energy is just that. Energy. It is not good aligned, like negative energy is not evil... unless you'd like to assign alignments to the other elements in their entire?

Just a reminder to everyone, please have your character on an actual character sheet. I'd prefer that Google Docs and similar things not be used.

On another note I'm very excited to see how active many of you are and how well you all are getting along! I think that this group will be very successful :)

It's definitely an interesting theory, HGG. It would be a great way to play an evil cleric.

Alright, I need some opinions. I know we have a lot of redheads right now, but what do you all think of this fellow for Beldar's appearance?

Right? And he has heterochromia, which I think would be a cool physical trait.

Back
Top Bottom