Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) OOC Chat

Ok recreated the sheet (to memory exactly as it was before), and have updated the profile page with the correct link.

Are you guys still using myth-weavers or somewhere else? Also, what is the Silver Dragon rogue? I couldn't find it

Yea I am sticking with myth-weavers - I wouldn't really hold a rare issue against them (particularly when I don't have to pay).

I believe that mystictiger is merely joking about instead of a Kitsune they could have been a Silver Dragon - and gotten change shape that way instead.

I find making Pathfinder characters a real pain. As in, it takes me about 2 hours to fill in a bloody character sheet. And because of my own actions, this'll be the third go at making the same character. Clearly, Sharess does not favour this course of action.

And a silver dragon would mean I could polymorph. And silver is kind of a heavy metal!

I shall be re-making Lyre tonight as well, should be done... somewhat quickly, though there may be some small changes that I had not gotten around to from before the Grand Annoyance.

I am either finding I did something imporperly with my character the first time or I cannot remember enough duplicate my old one... IDK but it will be as similar as possible

I'm sorry about the issues Myth-Weavers has had. It really does suck. I to now have to remake Beldar and I'm not all that stoked about it. It is far faster for me to make a character on an actual sheet than I can do online... might do that and then just copy everything over.

I, too, am feeling buyer's remorse on Kelman. Thinking of going half elf or human. We actually have a pretty diverse group. I also considered changing class, but will likely keep that the same.

A half elf would be nice. What class are you considering?

Also! I will allow people to switch things up now, considering the issues we had. Thankfully we're not deep into the RP yet.

I'll be staying with the same character, hopefully she was not in myth weavers unlike others I had, fortunately it seems I only have to rebuild three as most of mine were on google docs.

Anyway I'll wait till group is done with their characters rebuilding :)

Actually looking at the hunter class, though, as always, would accept ANY weak ass ability in exchange for a rogue's sneak attack and play a rogue. Concept would still be the same, by the way, minor tweaking at most. As before, I will play a ranged support character with a heavily religious background.

EDIT: Am looking at 3 bard archetypes as well. Magician, which definitely fits his arcane fascination and could come in handy when facing creatures with SR. This would be the weakest of the 3, but would possibly be the best fit. Sound Striker, which gets really cool at 3rd level without being too powerful, but 3rd level could take an eternity to reach. The last is Archaeologist, which makes him moderately useful as an individual, and most closely resembles what I felt the bard class should be, but isn't really exciting.

Me again. I went with a half-elf ranger, divine marksman archetype. That gives up all spellcasting, but since I was so committed to his being a student of magic, I just put more resources into Use Magic Device, which he should have high enough by the time we can afford "backup" wands. It didn't really change his concept or role in the group. I lost my spells against undead, but took undead as a favored enemy, so that balanced out. Also, as before, his ranged attack is pretty solid, slightly better.

Did everyone get their sheets up again? If so I am going to try and get my posts up by tomorrow.

Can someone more skilled at Pathfindering than me put a summary of what characters are currently like / good at? I say this because I'm once again fighting with skills.

I will give it a go with what we have at the moment from the character sheets (and memory):
Sune'Lel: Paladin, doesn't really stand out at anything stat wise, ok at fighting, ok at diplomacy, has a potentially infrequent knowledge in nobility.
Talinda: Cleric, sheet not available at the moment, but to memory good at social elements, and as a cleric has few obvious weaknesses.
Armine: Barbarian. An excellent frountline warrior, decent at intimidate.
Lyre: Wizard (so highly flexible on magic), skill points not currently assigned - memory indicates spellcraft, social, and some knowledges.
Kelman: Ranger, decent ranged combat, has a potentially infrequent knowledge in dungeoneering, good use magic device and perception.
Beldar: Fighter, to memory had good knowledge skills but sheet unavailable, also expect to be a decent front line warrior.
Aladron: Witch, ok at ranged combat, can heal, decent at History and the potentially more useful Nature.
Horatio: Bard, to memory was good at social skills, and ok at combat.

I think Horatio is a very interesting and fun character, so have fun with his skills, and look for ones prank-related. Not sure what your int modifier is, but here would be my recommendation:

Bluff: Because who wouldn't want to tell all the travelers about Great Tea Lake and what a famous and historic tourist destination it is.

Craft (anything, really): Express your creative side

Disable Device: Security systems limit the fun of others

Disguise: You may not even need ranks in this, but 1 rank should do it

Escape Artist: In case someone can't take a joke

Linguistics: Can't mess with someone who can't understand you, plus forgeries

Sleight of Hand: Too many possibilities

Stealth: To properly set up your more complex pranks

That gives you your 6 skill points plus two background skills. Pick any others that suit his concept, but I really wouldn't stress over it. One of the perks of a large group is that there shouldn't be a lot of pressure to fill a certain need. Of all the ones on the list, Disable Device is the only one I don't think is trained by anyone. Of course, since DCs will be high, having a couple of things overlap comes in handy for aiding others.

I'm really torn between Bard and Rogue. And the Kitsune Trickster archetype is a nice fit. But... I do like the idea of bard songs and so on. Oh well. Multiclass time.

It is a tough call. What's funny is that, for me, the songs are my least favorite aspect of the class. You are right about Kitsune Trickster, by the way. With your stats and those bonuses, your char would have otherworldly ability to pull pranks, which seems to be part of the concept. Also, if considering a multiclass, I'd start rogue, then look at how the character is developing. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom