Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MURPG

lilithsboy

Star
I would like to see about playing (or GMing if no one else wants to though I would like to play) an MURPG game. If you are not familiar with this game it is a diceless Marvel game that lends itself well to play by post particularly on here since there is no on-site rolling.

I would prefer to be able to play OC and have this be adult in some fashion but please let me know what people want.

Sorry, had a bit of a sickness pass over. So hero, anti-hero, or villain? Seems like the group is pretty open to all of those. What do we know about my character? He's very proud, has a naturally competitive spirit. He's used to success. He doesn't give up, possibly to the point of obsessiveness. These don't sound like the traits of a proper hero, so I feel we can get rid of that.

He *could* be a champion, if there were something he were championing, but there is a bit of an issue with that. Our group has a normal mortal (my char), an enhanced mortal (Cuke), an alien (Neveranium), and a demi-goddess (khan). We could be anti-mutant, but not sure that would work. I *could* see mutants as being a motivator for him, beings possessed with unnatural athleticism. I have to admit that khan referring to her char as a trophy did plant an idea. I mean, this guy has chased trophies for most of his life. That's gotta be a hard habit to break.

Thoughts?

So bronze man wants a new trophy girl by his side? ^^ maybe he wants to know how being a mutant feels or maybe he wants his armor enhanced. Anyway I like the idea of him chasing her down

Wait, so is the intent for all of our chars to start separate? Because I wanted "Rock on, Ra'Khan" to already be a thing.

Hah, well considering it's an option, perhaps Ra'Khan and Eric already know each other prior to the game. I'm not opposed to Bronze Man and alien bro already being a thing.

Seems like we've got team here then, I'm not opposed to having Eric already hunted Melissa down and keeping her by his(their) side then. Though she could still be open to attacks from others who want to claim her, and depending on the circumstances she could even help them :p

Yeah, want to see what Cuke thinks. If she wants to start separately, I think we could come up with a way for our folks to find her (having a weak telepath), but I definitely wouldn't mind if Eric and Ra'Khan had already taken on an unsuspecting group of supers to "liberate" Melissa. Gives us a small enemy team to start off worrying about, after all.

If Melissa was taken from another group, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that they'd send/hire Nika to get her back. From there, 'Bronze Man' could probably just pay her off to switch sides.

I could see her being a mercenary hired by the rival group to supplement their numbers or maybe just spy on them a bit.

I do like the idea of Nika being a spy or a mercenary, though if she changes sides just based on money let's hope we don't cross paths with someone who has more money than Eric xD

Btw love you avatar Cuke ;)

Perhaps as an added motivator for her to switch sides could be that the group Nika's in is a part of the group she was with before, maybe trying to start it up again?

I'd say we leave the Russian government out of things for now. She's not exactly in a rush to make contact with them again, since anyone who would have advocated for her is dead.

Okay, so is everyone on board with Melissa, Eric, and Ra'Khan starting off together and Cuke starting in a neutral or semi-adversarial capacity? If so, how long ago would you like Melissa's "liberation" to have been? And Neveranium, how long prior to that would you like for our chars to have started working together? lilithsboy, will the suit inventor be a team leader in any way, or more an employee?

Speaking of which, how old are all of these chars? I was leaning toward mid-30s for Eric, old enough to have had a respectable career in the NFL that could have set career records, but ended more than a few years early (think Calvin Johnson or Barry Sanders), then a few years to start his new life.

The setup for the opening sounds good to me.

Nika's probably in her early to mid twenties, but her training was rigid enough to supersede a lack of experience.

Cuke said:
I'd say we leave the Russian government out of things for now. She's not exactly in a rush to make contact with them again, since anyone who would have advocated for her is dead.

kckolbe said:
Okay, so is everyone on board with Melissa, Eric, and Ra'Khan starting off together and Cuke starting in a neutral or semi-adversarial capacity?

Fair enough.

kckolbe said:
And Neveranium, how long prior to that would you like for our chars to have started working together?

I'd say a couple months - maybe three?

As for the age, early 30's seems a reasonable number plus I was thinking Ni'Dalians accelerate to adulthood faster than humans though it doesn't mean they age rapidly as well.

Melissa should be around her twenties considering she was kicked out of her home at her teens and lived on the street for a couple of years.

Things have been moving very slowly lately. I will be on all day if you want to try to get a char going.

Panabaker_frost_fan.jpg

Name: Niobe Daniels
Pseudonym: Winterstar
Concept: Ice Girl
Faith: Roman Catholic
Origin: Hereditary Power
Race: Caucasian

Birthday: November 11th
Sexuality: Bi
height: 5’10”
Weight: 155lbs
Measures: 34”C, 24” 30”
Skin: Creamy fair.
Hair: White gold.
Eyes: Luminous Azure
Style: See Image

History: The second daughter of Kevin and Rosemary Daniels--successful lawyers living in Washington, DC--Niobe and her elder sister Margaret had the freedom and resources to pursue their dreams growing up. Both girls were self motivated go getters who loved reading, arts and crafts, and clothes.
Margaret excelled in both school, then college, ultimately pursuing a career as a social worker. She also loved music and had some renown as a chorister.
Just as intelligent and gifted as her elder sister, Niobe didn’t do quite so well. Though extremely motivated, she lacked her sisters focus. Her grades in school bounced chaotically--showing straight As one month, barely passing the next. She started and then dropped fan fiction projects as soon as the next book caught her eyes. Her (much older) cousin Gabriel--a professional fantasy novelist--told her she had the potential for professional level work, encouraging her where others who took her writing seriously never got past chiding her for never finishing a project.
Niobe bounced around in athletic fields as well, Soccer, Gymnastics, Acrobatics, Tai Chi, and Wu Shu, she spent a year or more studying each of these before her 21st birthday, but only ice skating could really hold her attention.
Indeed, it was only when gliding over the ice on a cold winter night that her mind really went quite.
After washing out of a prestigious college at 19, Niobe’s family finally took the idea that something might be wrong with their daughter seriously. Taken to an expert diagnostician, ADHD flags went off in the doctor’s mind almost immediately, but he took his time to run all the proper tests before declaring the diagnosis and prescribing a careful regime of advanced medicine and cognitive therapy.
After the initial period of adjusting to the medication was past, Niobe complained to her loved ones that it was too strong, she was having trouble getting any motivation at all.
Gabriel Brewer invited her to spend some time at his home outside of Seattle. During those years, her cousin--17 years older than she but not really showing it--instructed her in meditation and martial arts--things he used to help cope with his schizophrenia--and asked her to workshop his writing, offering to do the same for her.
In celebration of Niobe’s first publication, Gabriel took her to a ski resort. They spent several weeks enjoying winter sports, and each noticed that the other had an uncommonly high tolerance for cold.
Niobe was almost twenty one on the seventeenth day of their vacation. The two were skiing down a difficult slope when a minor earthquake sent a massive avalanche down the mountain. Displaying superhuman strength and speed, Gabriel grabbed Niobe and leaped with her onto a high, solid rocky outcropping, then reached out with iridescent auras too snag fallen skiers up there with them.
Niobe was shocked to recognize the powers of the costumed hero Dragonline. She could also see that it wasn’t going to be enough. She had an intuitive understanding of snow and ice and knew that this was going to crush the resort below was going to be smashed to flinders with everyone in it if the snow had time to build up speed.
As if flexing a muscle she’d always had but never thought to use, Niobe raised a great wall of ice before the avalanche, halting most of the snow and shifting the rest clear of the resort!
She didn’t see the full of it. What seemed so easy at first strained her so much she fainted and fell off the rock.
“It runs in our family,” Gabriel explained when she woke the next day. “It always skips generations. It’s always accompanied by some form of usually minor mental instability--my schizophrenia's a little on the harsh side compared to your ADHD, but nothing modern medicine can’t handle. During World War Two, our grandmother donned the mantle of Mariah to fight crime on the home front with the power of the wind. We suspect her grandfather fought for the Union during the civil war using biomagnetic powers like mine. It seems you have the gift too.”
He offered her a blue half mask adorned with crystal snowflakes. “Shall we see what you’re capable of, Winterstar?”

Here's a rough sheet I drew up for her, left a little room to add stuff if needed.

Intelligence: 2 2r
Strength: 2 2r
Agility: 3 1w
Speed: 2 2r
Durability: 3 3w
Subtotal 6w

Acrobatics 3 1w
Black Ops 1 1r
- Covert Ops
Close Combat 3 1w
- Martial Arts
- Kickboxing
-
Social Skills 3 1w
-
-
-
Subtotal 3w, 1r

Mastery of Cold 6 15w
- Can transform into element (+1 CL)
- Immune to effects of element (+1 CL)
- Create/Manipulate element (+1 CL)
- Ice Blast (+1 CL)
Psi-Weapon 6 9w
- Made of Ice (-1 CL?)
Flight 4 3w
- From Ice Mastery (-1 CL)
Toughness 4 4w
-Only in Ice Form (-1 CL?)
Subtotal 31w

Wealth 2 2r

Being a mutant -3w
Looking non-human -2w
Psychological -1w

Total 35w

So what's the word, GM? Building our rival team and other NPCs? Any coordination we need to do regarding the inventor?

Sorry to take a bit. I lost my bookmark for Blue Moon. What would you like to know?

I'm most apreciateive KC for building her for me. The latest build should take out the elementla transformation and include some sort of defense based on a field of entropy that steals energy from attacks directed against her. We couldn't decide if that should be described as amor, as a force field, or even--if possible--as a force field that does cold damage when it defends.

Feel free to alter as needed. I just wanted to get her started so our GM had an idea of what to adjust rather than start from scratch.

I should point out that her char leans pretty hard toward hero, helping solve our initial motivaton issue.

Back
Top Bottom