Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MURPG

lilithsboy

Star
I would like to see about playing (or GMing if no one else wants to though I would like to play) an MURPG game. If you are not familiar with this game it is a diceless Marvel game that lends itself well to play by post particularly on here since there is no on-site rolling.

I would prefer to be able to play OC and have this be adult in some fashion but please let me know what people want.

You walked me through the system a while ago and I was really impressed by the system. I'd love to actually play it and am okay with an OC in a canon or OC universe, but I think people like seeing canon in their superhero stories unless the world has a very different tone.

Same here. I'm also ok with OC as well and would still like to play the one I created before

Please resubmit (it will be hard find them and you can make any changes you would like)

Anyone else? very willing to teach

I'm curious about this, but I'm having difficulty finding the game rules online.

If you don't mind, it would be nice to talk about char concepts here or in an ooc thread. I think that having people only talk to you about their chars made it hard to keep the excitement going or to discuss backstories with other players.

I agree. I have looked through the rules and tinkered with character sheets, but I feel a bit overwhelmed.

That would be a nice idea, a while ago when lillith's boy showed me the rules I came up with an OC. A summary would be that she goes by the name of Ambrosia and her powers come from divine inheritance with the most significant of her powers being that she empowers others in an addictive way. About her personality she has complex of inferiority and is afraid of being alone.

Yes please feel free to discuss your concepts and honestly the number of options can feel overwhelming if you have a concept in mind though I can point you to the powers best to fit that concept (in other words build the character and have me help with mechanics) just do not do anything too powerful because 40+C is not as much as you might think and I do exploit challenges.

Well, I had a pretty solid idea for a psychic-powered character. It was just tricky to measure the power levels of everything.

khan said:
A summary would be that she goes by the name of Ambrosia and her powers come from divine inheritance with the most significant of her powers being that she empowers others in an addictive way. About her personality she has complex of inferiority and is afraid of being alone.
So losing her powers wouldn't just mean being less capable, but potentially leave her lonely, which would terrify her. Definitely some good character development/intrigue angles with that.

Cuke said:
Well, I had a pretty solid idea for a psychic-powered character. It was just tricky to measure the power levels of everything.

Really what were you wanting to do with them?

kckolbe said:
So losing her powers wouldn't just mean being less capable, but potentially leave her lonely, which would terrify her. Definitely some good character development/intrigue angles with that.

That is true but this challenge is not tied to the character's powers. In other words, she connects with other people to the point that she begins to lose sense of self and begins to fear when there is no one else around at all. So the character naturally seeks more and more interaction with people. (At least from how I understood this character.

Question: would this be a completely OC team?

Also, that is very interesting as well.

lilithsboy said:
Cuke said:

Really what were you wanting to do with them?

I'll give you the short version:

The character is envisioned as having telekinesis and mild telepathy as well as some military training. Think of them as one of those rumored Soviet ESPers. They were sent in to do top secret missions, but otherwise kept in some for of containment out of fear for what they could do.

I definitely have a preference to play a close combat type with only mediocre ability, made capable through technology or powers. Aside from that, pretty flexible (force field, energy vampire, super speed, a second form (like Colossus), or powered armor). I'm currently leaning toward powered armor, because I like the idea of it being really basic, like nothing but armor that boosted his strength. No flight or guns. I'd need help building it, naturally, but I think it could be a lot of fun, with its simplicity making it very functional.

Okay, Second forms take up a ton of points so power armor is probably best now question do you want your character to have invented the power armor or at least able to maintain it? Furthermore, do you want them to be rich or simply have rich friends (power armor is expensive).

You will want a moderatly high int with tech and probably inventing then you can have your suit do most of your combat for you. How do you see the suit fighting?

It seems like the most efficient way is for my character to have the wealth. "Remember, hatever your Wealth Rating Modifier is, you get that many free white stones to use towards building your At-Start Weapons and Modifiers. You may add your own stones to these free ones." Seems a pretty big hint.

I'm flexible on whether or not he invented it, as an NPC designer could make for some plot points and make my char less min/maxed, giving me more freedom to build.

As for style, I was thinking a melee tank, wading into the fray, possibly with a powered close combat weapon. I'm definitely open to a couple of utility abilities, but prefer pretty straight forward.

The most efficient way is to go wealth yes and the best way to be able to upgrade it is through inventing as well as operate it through tech. I get the whole melee thing but is this some form of energy weapon some just physical stuff??? Also what utilities I take it you still have the books?

Just some physical stuff. A walking tank with a hammer, basically. By utility I mean radar, maybe a couple of tools, but this won't be anywhere near the caliber of Iron Man. Hell, I may call him Bronze Man.

And yeah, I still have the two books.

That is up to you I will have time to look it all and deconstruct it later.

Also does anyone else have any questions?

If I missed one please let me know.

Bronze Man

Intelligence 4 2w
Strength 2 2r
Agility 3 1w
Speed 3 1w
Durability 2 2w
Subtotal 6w, 2r

Acrobatics 3 1w (AN+0)
Business Skills 3 1w (AN+0)
Close Combat 3 1w (AN+0)
Ranged Combat 3 1w (AN+0)
Gen Knowledge 2 1w (AN+1)
Inventing 3 6w (AN+4)
Technology 3 2w (AN+1)
Wealth 6 4w (rating grants free white stones for weapons/mods)
Subtotal 17w

Powered Armor
Intelligence 4 1w
Strength 7 3w
Agility 4 1w
Speed 4 1w
Durability 6 6w
Subtotal 12w

Close Combat 4 1w (AN-1)
Ranged Combat 4 1w (AN-1)
Subtotal 2w

Free Mods (Value Equal to Wealth Rating)
Pulse Beam 4 1w (AN-1)
Tendril Whip 2 1w (AN+1)
Toughness 4 4w (AN+1) (+1 to nullify armor pen)

Total 37w, 2r

Rough Draft here. Not sure if I did this right, but here's the basics.

Intelligence 3 1w
Strength 2 2r
Agility 2 2r
Speed 3 1w
Durability 3 3w
Subtotal 6w, 1r

Telekinesis 6 9w
Telepathy 5 4w (AN+1)
Acrobatics 4 2w
Close Combat 3 1w
Ranged Combat 3 1w
Black Ops/Spying 4 1w
Wealth 2 2r

Subtotal
18w, 2r

Equipment
Pistol 1r
Body Armor 1r

Subtotal 2r

Total 25w, 2r

I still have the handbooks you gave before so if you're still looking for one more, I'm gonna give this a whirl.

EDIT: I have questions: what do the numbers mean on the origins for your character? I thought they were extra stones but given how 'mutant' already has a bonus on the list of challenges, I'm thinking otherwise.

Also, is it possible to replace the wording of 'ninja' as an action because of how it relates to my character's origin of not being from Earth?

Cuke, you'll need to pick options for telepathy, which get expensive quickly. Right now all your char can do is read surface thoughts. Additionally, both telepathy and telekinesis have the option of an intelligence bonus. Given that intelligence can also be used to generate energy, would probably be a good idea.

Adding a bonus to telepathy and telekinesis would cost 11w. Raising your intelligence to 6 would cost another 3w. That would put you at 39w, 2r, and would raise your telepathy and telekinesis by 6 each.

Back
Top Bottom