Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MURPG

lilithsboy

Star
I would like to see about playing (or GMing if no one else wants to though I would like to play) an MURPG game. If you are not familiar with this game it is a diceless Marvel game that lends itself well to play by post particularly on here since there is no on-site rolling.

I would prefer to be able to play OC and have this be adult in some fashion but please let me know what people want.

Just stopping by so you know I'm still around.

All that talk about about powers made me think I should really review the rules to remember them :p
By the way cool ideas guys ^^

Yeah, things are coming along pretty well. Looking forward to learning more about some of the NPCs. For example, someone has to have built my char's suit. Someone had to have brought our chars together. Also, does this game exist in the Marvel universe? If so, does Iron Man exist?

Sure someone had to have built your suit, though I wonder how secret was the suit purchase? Are you still going by "Bronze Man", who knows maybe you got your suit from Stark Enterprises :p

I'm also interested in knowing how did our characters got to know each other, if that already happened, or maybe they are just about to meet?

I will go by Bronze Man if Iron Man exists, and am actually not opposed to my char having commissioned it from Stark, though I feel that having external entities know my suit's weaknesses should be a minor challenge.

And I definitely want to know that as well. I put some stuff about my char earlier on to give some background on him, but even that left out who designed the suit and how he ended up part of a supers team.

So as of now, we have:

kckolbe, playing a physical bruiser, also able to pilot up to a jet fighter and figure out basic technology

Neveranium, playing a ranged damage-dealer, great for sneaking around

Cuke, playing a pretty powerful telepath

khan, not entirely sure what her char does.

By the way, a couple of suggestions.

Neveranium, would really recommend dropping Ninja to 5, as it would save you 5w. Plus, your total dice pool for the ability (6+4+3) exceeds the amount of red stones you can spend in one panel (12).

Cuke, I would increase intelligence to 4, especially given that you spent quite a bit to get an intelligence bonus on both telepathy and telekinesis.

Yes Kahn I would suggest it and if you need help please let me know.

Other people will know your suits weakness that is actually a major challenge but one that is eaten up by the fact you did not have to purchase inventing to make it. Because even if the person who designed and made it works for you that does not mean they will not turn against you, you might get hacked, they may be kidnapped and tortured into talking (ect.)

Now as far as are we in the marvel universe that is entirely up to yall I can easily make OC's till I am blue in the face also I can run a good bit of the MCU so it is neither here nor there for me.

Ok still got to check the rules again :p but I here she is

Melissa Williams
"Ambrosia"

Height 5'6"
Weight 102lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown

ABILITIES
(2r)Intelligence 2
(2r)Strength 2
(1w)Agility 3
(2r)Speed 2
(9w)Vitality 5

--5--15--

ACTIONS
(1w)Close Combat 3: (+Vit) Street fighting, Dirty Fighting, Knives
(2r)Ranged Combat 2: (+Weapon) handguns, throwing knives
(1w)Social Skills 3: Streetwise, Academia, Persuasion
(2w)Thieving 5: (+Agi) hiding, blend in, shadowing, lock picking, pick pocketing
(2r)Vehicles 2: motorcycles, light vehicles
(15w)Power Boost 7 (addictive)
(15w)Imbuement 4 (objects, persons, multiple targets, addictive, can't target self)

MODIFIERS
(5r)Enhanced Vision 5 (see and recognize others powers)
(+2w)Wealth -1
(+2w)Fear of being alone
(+2w)Guilty Conscious
(+2w)Complex of Inferiority
(+2w)Deadly Enemies

ORIGIN
Divine Inheritance

lilithsboy said:
Other people will know your suits weakness that is actually a major challenge but one that is eaten up by the fact you did not have to purchase inventing to make it.

Yeah...that's fair. What level inventing would I need to design that suit? EDIT: Only asking out of curiosity, even an inventing of 1 is more than I really want to spend.

Also, I would prefer at least a partial canon universe, though feel free to add other OCs to it if you like. Personally, I just want Iron Man to exist so the name Bronze Man works as a joke.

Kahn your's checks out

kckolbe difficulty of any of the creationist powers is always at least equal to the highest AN in your case a 7 so that is the amount of AN you need.

HA! No way in hell that is happening. Good to know, though, so thanks. Anything else you need from us? I know I'd like to know a little more about the actual inventor, as well as our group.

Hopefully the final version Only INT has been tweaked.

Nika Vedmaska
'Psychopath'

Height 5'8"
Weight 135lbs
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black

ABILITIES
Intelligence 4 2w
Strength 2 2r
Agility 2 2r
Speed 3 1w
Durability 3 3w
Subtotal 7w, 1r

ACTIONS
Telekinesis 7 (15w): Intelligence bonus
Telepathy 6 (15w): Intelligence bonus, Can project thoughts/control others
Close Combat 3 (1w): Hand-to-Hand, Martial Arts, Knife fighting, Agility bonus
Ranged Combat 3 (1w): Handguns, Sub-machine guns, Knife throwing, Agility bonus
Black Ops/Spying 4 (3w): Assassination, Covert Operations, Infiltration, Interrogation
Thieving 3 (1w): Stealing, Blending in, Shadowing, Agility Bonus
Social Skills 3 (1w): Spy Culture, Underworld, Streetwise

Subtotal
37w

MODIFIERS
Wealth 2 (2r)
Psychological issues: Paranoia, Self-Imposed Sensory Deprivation (2w)
Haunted Past (1w)
Deadly Enemies: Russian Government (2w)
Intended Cost: 40w

ORIGIN:
Born an orphan in the then-Soviet Union, Vedmaska grew up in a remote state-run laboratory, the subject of various ethically dubious tests. For one reason or another, she began to develop wild psychokinetic abilities. The KGB took interest and developed a rigorous containment program for her, putting her through various exercises meant to teach her to harness her powers on command. Outside of training, she was kept heavily restrained and deprived of her senses. It was not long before she could sense the emotions of her caretakers, even in this state. Their constant fear was not a motivating factor.

After many years of refinement, Nika was put through a modified version of KGB (now FSB) training in order to better serve the government's clandestine operations. Initially she was used as little more than an angry dog to frighten suspects, but she was gradually permitted more and more freedoms, eventually allowed to serve as a field operative. Her specialty was assassination, specifically 'accidents'.

Without any ambitions of her own, Vedmaska embraced her role as an agent for many years until the FSB Office she answered to was destroyed in a bombing, everyone she answered to dead instantly. On assignment at the time, she had no reason to return to Russia. A part of her feared that she may simply be locked up in a room again by whoever she surrendered to. Now she simply wanders from place to place, using her abilities for who ever will pay. Will she find a greater cause?

Okay, so I was thinking I needed 7 in Inventing, as opposed to just an AN of 7 in Inventing, which makes a huge difference. So I increased his intelligence to 6, lowered his ranks in everything else with an intelligence bonus, and took a one stone flaw for a rivalry with Tony Stark, since he is now a lot more comparable. Also, I was thinking that maybe some of his sales were military as well, selling body armor to troops and cutting into Stark's profits. The two wouldn't be enemies, mind you, just rivals, which is why it's only a one stone flaw. Were the much more wealthy and powerful Tony Stark actually trying to take him down, that would be a more serious flaw.

Intelligence 6 4w
Strength 1 2r
Agility 3 1w
Speed 3 1w
Durability 3 3w
Subtotal 9w, 2r

3 12(i) 7 21

Acrobatics 3 1w (AN+0) (Agility Bonus)
Business Skills 1 1r (AN+0) (Intelligence Bonus)
Close Combat 3 1w (AN+0) (Agility Bonus)
-Powered Armor
-Pro Wrestling
-Kickboxing
Ranged Combat 3 1w (AN+0)
-Powered Armor
-Energy Weapon
-Firearms
Gen Knowledge 1 2r (AN+1) (Intelligence Bonus)
-Protective substances
-Game theory
Leadership 3 1w (AN+0)
Social Skills 3 1w (AN+0)
-Persuasion
-Motivation
-Sports Fans
Technology 2 1w (AN+1) (Intelligence Bonus)
Inventing 1 3w (AN+4) (Intelligence Bonus)
Vehicle Op 4 2w
-Cars
-Small Jets
-?
-?
Wealth 7 6w (rating grants free white stones for weapons/mods)
Subtotal 18w

Powered Armor
Intelligence 6 2w
Strength 6 2w
Agility 6 2w
Speed 4 1w
Durability 7 9w
Subtotal 16w

Close Combat 3 2r (AN-1)
Ranged Combat 3 2r (AN-1)
Subtotal 1w, 1r

Free Mods/Weapons (Value Equal to Wealth Rating)
Toughness 5 6w (AN+1) (+1 to nullify armor pen)
Collapsible 1w

Challenges:
Hearing aid 1w
Chronic Migraines 2w (pain, blurred vision, difficulty focusing)
Knee/ankle braces 1w (-2 agility, -1 speed without them, separate from suit)
Rivalry: Tony Stark 1w
Subtotal -5w

Total 40w

Out of order again because of importance

AN= The number purchased in an ability. It is not affected by any modifiers at all. So Having an INT of 8 and a Telepathy of 3 means you can spend 11 stones to try and read someones mind but still only have an AN of 3 for telepathy.

Oh, well disregard that sheet, then. No way I can afford even a 5 in Inventing (9w)

Previous post edited to correct mistakes as well as even out cost. Hopefully it's finally good to go. Apologies for all the mistakes. Chalk it up to me being new, I guess.

Wouldn't worry about it, Cuke. It's a great system, but very easy to screw up. So GM, any word on our team?

I thought about reducing his ninja skill and allocating somewhere else or just saving up the stones for something later on, but I like how he's really proficient on one skill set because I have in mind how his race works which is basically your part in the community is decided literally the moment you are born. So in short, it's more a roleplaying stand point rather than a game one.

Anyway, I like how the team's forming up. Also, would the GM make an OC as well? You did mention you want to play.

This system does not lend itself well to a GM controlled character because of the way combat works. There is nothing random it is how much effort you put behind your skills determine your success as such since I will always know the hidden resistances I will always know how much to invest and win out. I will however, say this you will meet various OC's so that it is not quite so easy to research their CADs. I have got a number of chapters ready I believe.

Now team is what you want to make of it but question is everyone a hero?

Also, Cuke kckolbe is correct this system is extremely easy to mess up due to how powers can interact and the not so intuitive cost system which is why I have gone over everyone's CAD with a fine toothed comb. I pointed out flaws where I found them in order to try and get everyone on the same level (and if you noticed even I screwed up twice).

Oh I forgot to pull out a background story for Ambrosia so here it is, also about regarding if everyone is a hero, guess teaming up would be the first chapter or do everyone wants to already start as a team?

Nobody ever knew about the real origins of Melissa's mother but when she was around everything was perfect. Until that fateful day when she simply disappeared when Melissa was still a little girl. The police looked for her everywhere until they got tired and finally thought she had abandoned her family. Melissa's father, though he never actually said it, blamed it on her and he stop caring about her and even thinking it was a nuisance to have her by his side until he finally abandoned her at her early teens.

Craving for others affection Melissa grew up in the streets being a shy and naive girl who was always feeling very insecure about herself and was always looking for others approval and protection. Stealing for others, doing whatever she was told to do and letting herself be used being common in her to achieve this and while her powers were usually never noticed, they became more obvious when she was found by others superpowered beings who wanted to use her for their own sake. Worst of all she would just let them soon becoming a trophy to be fought over.

I think my character's more of an antihero than anything, but ultimately the story could just be a jumping off point for her getting better morally. Or not.

Given how my character's more born to kill than anything, he would definitely use his skills to neutralize threats but considering he's a guest on the planet, the call would be up to whoever is in charge. He's not afraid to break bones though, or beat someone to a pulp.

Kind of like a less violent Punisher. But like Cuke said, the story could tell otherwise.

And my character would have no problem with being in either the good or bad side, or changing sides in a wink as long as she doesn't feel lonely, though I'll make her protect and stay with anyone in the group once she's met and established a relation with them. But hey definitely an interesting group we have here, so are we having an antihero team here? :p or maybe Bronze Man could form his own team or do we have some other interesting ideas?

Okay then Kckolbe do you have a preference hero anti-hero villain?

Also yall anything you absolutely do not want to happen with this? Asking for limits and the like.

Note violence and even character death will be a thing but that should be expected in a system like this.

Back
Top Bottom