Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

The Batman here as well!

Probably has my favorite Batmobile in the film franchise now, the roar of the engine...it's something else. I hadn't gotten that excited to see a chase scene since Mad Max : Fury Road, and I didn't even like said movie that much.

Watched The Adam Project on Netflix last night. Quintessential Reynolds. I enjoyed it. ^^

Batman. Scene it twice and cant wait until there is a squel.

The Adam Project. Fun movie.

Now watching Taboo. It's pretty interesting so far.

Spider-Man: No Way Home

An entire trilogy later and both MJ and Ned aren't any less annoying since their introduction in Homecoming; in MJ's case I don't know if her writing is just mediocre or if Zendaya's just as bad an actress as I initially pegged her for, but the quirky "say whatever's on my mind" shtick the writers had her admit doing for no reason really held her back from the start of Holland's trilogy. Ned's just not that funny to begin with. Marvel's gotta work on making sidekicks less irritating man because these two just weren't good in my opinion. Bad jokes. Bad actress. And really couldn't understand what Peter saw in her. But hey, that's just me.

Happy's just... around in this film. They couldn't have asked him to help with the cures I guess? I was never partial to the character anyway since his appearance in Iron Man 2 but he's still a part of Peter's support team; there wasn't anything he could be doing to help him besides arriving in time to get arrested and accomplish nothing?

The Matt Murdock cameo was nice, I'll give Marvel that much. Just establishing he exists is good enough for me. I still wish they brought back Michael Colter to reprise his role as Luke Cage but I'll take Daredevil.

Didn't care too much for Aunt May so her death didn't land for me.

Having Tobey, Andrew, and Tom just talk is one of the better parts of the film. The best joke across every film in this trilogy Zendaya got was throwing bread at Andrew. I wish Harry's death wasn't a big punchline for Ned's joke about not turning evil, and we got ending swings from all three of them. Not knowing how to fight as a team was one of the better moments in the script because two of them have largely been solo heroes. Everything got better when May died, I swear. This film was so slow until that point.

Not one joke about Tobey working for Jonah in his universe and the Spiders talking about that for an extra thirty seconds? The "I need a raise" meme didn't get a shoutout? Bruh, missed opportunity. I'd take a minute of those three talking about the press over a stupid cobweb joke from Ned's lola.

Villains are conveniently stupid when it's time to lose but I'm sure the 3v4 was hard enough to write as is so I'll forgive some especially poor moments. Electro just loses and isn't a dick anymore; Sandman had zero motivation to kill Spider-Man but just decides to because the script needed him to; Otto was a good man the whole time so his redemption was expected; who gives a shit about Lizard; Norman's bad intentions being sensed by Tom was one of the better moments in the film, where he couldn't be sure of what was going on but knew something bad was happening and reacted just in time--way, way fucking better than the nauseating gag of "uSe YoUr PeTeR tInGlE!" for the entirety of Far From Home and he just uses it at the end with ease.

Andrew catching MJ was the best scene in the film hands fucking down. The emotion Andrew conveyed when he succeeded after he failed in his original timeline and being overwhelmed by it was top notch. I miss Andrew as the lead, man. Too bad his villains suck or had shit motivations. "oHmAgErD lIzArDs ArE cOoL!" and "nO oNe NoTiCeS mE sO i'Ll BeCoMe A sUpEr ViLlAiN :c" are right up there with "Spider-Man was kind of a dick to me once so I'll fucking KILL HIM" from Eddie Brock in Tobey's third film in terms of wow, that's the best the writers could come up with???

Took Tom Holland's Spider-Man way too long to feel some form of contempt for somebody else. I never liked how he just came back from Infinity War and Endgame and acted the exact fucking same as before he vanished. Tony Stark having PTSD from the Battle of New York in Iron Man 3 was acceptable, but Peter is on a battlefield fighting aliens and seeing all this chaos and death surrounding him and doesn't emerge from it any different? It shouldn't have taken so long in my opinion to introduce a villain that he couldn't just play off.

The script keeping Andrew out of the confrontation between Tom and Tobey so Norman could stab Tobey in the back was hilarious to me. There was zero reason for Andrew to be sitting back there while Tobey alone keeps his counterpart from making a major mistake. I didn't like the death bait there. It was transparent and, frankly, pretty fucking lame of the writers to try that. Norman and Tobey couldn't have had a conversation as he returned to normal? For fucks sake, man, Harry died and they couldn't have talked about him a little? Another wasted opportunity for a stupid "le gasp!" backstab moment that accomplished nothing.

Good touch having Tom be forgotten and not ending the film on trying to reform his old bonds and instead letting them go.

Bad touch on Venom not even getting to appear in the end, man, what a freaking missed opportunity to have Tobey freak the fuck out seeing him again. Sucks that Hardy's only purpose in the MCU was transferring a piece of the symbiote there but it is what it is I guess.

It was a solid 7. The best of Tom Holland's trilogy by far, but between Homecoming and Far From Home that's not really saying much.

Last edited:
I just watched the new Ryan Reynolds movie called The Adam Project (NETFLIX).

You will enjoy it if you like Ryan Reynolds type of humor or if you like movies that give you that '80s/'90s vibe. I got a hint of the retro sci-fi / action adventure vibe watching this movie. Sort of like a Disney's Flight of the Navigator meets TWINS. It includes a little bit of time travel, futuristic plane, and big me little me. The kid who plays young Ryan Reynolds in it pretty much nailed it in my opinion.

I will give it an 8/10 thumbs up as I rather enjoyed it.

I just watched the new Ryan Reynolds movie called The Adam Project (NETFLIX).

You will enjoy it if you like Ryan Reynolds type of humor or if you like movies that give you that '80s/'90s vibe. I got a hint of the retro sci-fi / action adventure vibe watching this movie. Sort of like a Disney's Flight of the Navigator meets TWINS. It includes a little bit of time travel, futuristic plane, and big me little me. The kid who plays young Ryan Reynolds in it pretty much nailed it in my opinion.

I will give it an 8/10 thumbs up as I rather enjoyed it.
Such a fun watch! Overall great movie, though I gotta say my favorite part was the Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Garner reunion haha. Made my heart so happy, with "13 Going On 30" one of my favorite comfort movies.

Last movie I saw -- "Love and Leashes" ; turned out to be far more wholesome than I would have originally anticipated, for a BDSM themed movie haha. It kinda won me over within 5 minutes; the female lead calling out shitty boss on homophobia. The male lead soon semi following that example by calling out same shitty boss on sexual harassment.

If you're a (k)drama fan, you'll probably enjoy this. Even if you're not, I'd still recommend giving it a watch. I especially appreciated the effort made into educating ones self regarding the BDSM world and ensuring safety protocols were established. As a whole I found the movie rather refreshing, especially considering the male lead played the role of primary submissive in the BDSM relationship. It felt very... "modern"; gives me hope future kdramas will follow the movie's example.

There were definitely the expected cliché moments, with scenes that I kinda had to speedrun through that felt pretty awkward. Still, it's an overall easy watch, and if nothing else is worth seeing the ending for laughs.

Encanto, solid 8/10 IMO.

Pretty decent but not quite what I expected, still angry at Abuela being forgiven by everyone, especially Bruno after being so toxic.

Music was pretty lit and the real highlight.

The Batman. I would give it a 6.5/10.

I felt that it was more of a comic book movie than Ben Affleck's batman (which imo sucked), and Nolan's (which imo is the best one). It was a enjoyable ride for the most part, but I felt that it would linger on some scenes for a bit too long. A lot of the scenes between the Bat and the Cat where kinda cheesy, especially in the end, where one goes left and the other goes right.

It is a long movie (2 hrs+), but it has a interesting tone. I am looking to see how the sequel is done.

The Covenant. For me….this movie still slaps 16 years later. Male witches (I know! Warlocks)! You see a ton of movies about witches but usually they’re female of course and don’t get me wrong, I love those movies too.

David Cronenberg's The Fly remake.

I've seen it before, but it's just such a stellar movie. The practical effects in it are both amazing and utterly gross. 8/10 movie with 10/10 presentation.

Pinnochio A True Story: 1/10, truly a painful experience that I had to watch with my young niece, with some hilariously bad moments that were entertaining only because of how awful the dialogue and animation was at times.

The Batman.

A few cliches, predictable resolutions, and a forgettable score unlike Hans Zimmer's work in the Nolanverse, but ultimately it did well with the story it was trying to tell. Robert does better with the mask on. Without it, his performance just feels weaker. The kiss on Selina was also really "Ehhh?"--like Steve Rogers kissing Sharon Carter levels of whatever, sure, please move on to a better scene now.

BUT... making Riddler the first villain and a credible threat with a good motive? Well done.

7/10.

Last edited:
(Re)watched Children Of Men last night.

I don't think people should have slept on it at release (going off its' box office numbers), it's genuinely one of the best shot movies I've seen in a long time, especially the single-shot takes and how gruesome the action feels. Even though it's a bleak experience that not everyone can sit through I found it great.

That said, Julianne Moore's part has always been pretty forgettable for me, given she dies pretty early on but there aren't any real bad performances from the cast otherwise.

A solid 9/10 and one of Bloo's Top Picks™.

(Re)watched Children Of Men last night.

I don't think people should have slept on it at release (going off its' box office numbers), it's genuinely one of the best shot movies I've seen in a long time, especially the single-shot takes and how gruesome the action feels. Even though it's a bleak experience that not everyone can sit through I found it great.

That said, Julianne Moore's part has always been pretty forgettable for me, given she dies pretty early on but there aren't any real bad performances from the cast otherwise.

A solid 9/10 and one of Bloo's Top Picks™.
That was a good movie. I love it. I probably will go back and watch it soon.

Back
Top Bottom